Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,949 members, 7,803,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) (70581 Views)

Ihedioha Destroyed Another Monument Built By Okorocha / Bridge With No Rod Constructed By Okorocha Collapses (Video) / Ihedioha Begins Demolition Of Monuments Built By Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by diaspoAFRICANS: 7:57am On Jul 09, 2020
How will Nigeria ever move forward with all these demolishing?
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by funmimall(m): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2020
Naija & stories.

Thinking of starting phone accessories business? Think no more. Start now. We give you the best price and guide you on how to go about the business.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by iamfrankoben: 7:58am On Jul 09, 2020
decatalyst:
The demolishing governor grin

The one and half legges predecessor built substandard structures and roads, the successor has a penchant for demolishing everything associated with the predecessor, either good or bad.

The youth from that side that are supposed to checkmate him are busy with "Lagos is not Edo" Ganduje vs Wike trade of words, Obaseki/Tinubu/oshiomole etc....

Aside from demolishing, is he not suppose to arrest those contractors that carried out this dastardly act?

Continue to demolish ok? In no time, you will level the whole of Imo state. grin grin

That seems to be the the aim of this man. undecided
You're a big fool
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Dewze(m): 7:59am On Jul 09, 2020
JeffreyD1:
The only good thing about Rocha's is his foundation and started it before joining politics
He joined politics and turn to monster
Aham his eldest son is doing great too with Ahamrochas foundation ......

All that foundation and philanthropy thing was a ruse, they were all for gubernatorial purposes. It is just sad that you guys failed to see it then and even sadder that you still fail to see it now.

5 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 09, 2020
flames01:

Other parts of Nigeria also have mud. Even Abeokuta is not left out. You should wake up from this stupid tribalism. It makes you look childish, especially when there is no fact to back what you are saying

Just like other cities in Nigeria have brown roofs but you guys feel comfortable calling Yorubaland brown roof republic. undecided

Why are you angry?

Can't eat your own dish?
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by omooba969(m): 8:00am On Jul 09, 2020
GuyWise101:
What I have come to find out in Nigeria is this,

it is not that our leaders lack the money or wisdom to construct standard or quality something for the people (Umahi of Ebonyi) but wickedness to the people is all I see in Nigerian leaders.

Y'all deserve the politicians you get. grin
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by betexplorer901: 8:01am On Jul 09, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Who is Feeling DISAPPOINTED.... ?
that FAT FOOL called ROCHAS...?
May GOD and DEVIL punish ROCHAS...
U people should be ashamed of urselves for voting him to power for 8yrs and his now in the senate.who should be disappointed?
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by AmazingELixir: 8:03am On Jul 09, 2020
Long overdue
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Shivah: 8:03am On Jul 09, 2020
Rochas. Rochas. Rochas.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 8:04am On Jul 09, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Just Imagine the RODS, they look like BROOMS.
Why is ROCHAS this Wicked..?
Why...?
How could someone be so Heartless to his own state...?

IF the United States wasn't this Good, would ROCHAS have trained his kids there and bought Houses as well..?
Why is NIGERIA cursed...?
I don't blame the NORTHERNERS when it comes to this...
They are FAR better in terms of INFRASTRUCTURE..
See what DAVE UMAHI did in just 4 years before he got re elected, that is passion and Love 4his state and people.
Meanwhile, ROCHAS and T. A ORJI are busy warm benches in the Senate.
MEMORY VERSE:
We Really need SNIPER GUNS in Nigeria now, for AK47 has already become a pistol.

Thanks for this plain truth...

If these people can't be transparent and kind enough to provide simple basic amenities like good roads and drainages, how then can they lead a nation like Nigeria??!

"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much." (Luke 16:10)

These people like to cry marginalization for decades (they are not wrong tho), but what marginalization can be worse than having the means to provide a better life for your people, and deliberately choosing to do otherwise??!...
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Franking: 8:04am On Jul 09, 2020
We suffered for.months during the construction of those tunnels only for the greedy Rochas to make a mess of it and we are suffering again as the road is blocked again.
Kudo to the new governor but he should pay workers now.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by wetmenow: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2020

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by seniorkachion(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2020
[b]Aside from demolishing, is he not suppose to arrest those contractors that carried out this dastardly act?

Worse should be done to the so called engineers and consultants of the ministry the commissioner quoted for the recommendation to destroy the tunnel.
These same consultants and enginneers were supposed to have approved the technical design and supervised the construction, including issuing job certificates for payment.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by jenygb: 8:08am On Jul 09, 2020
Too bad
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Franking: 8:08am On Jul 09, 2020
JeffreyD1:
The only good thing about Rocha's is his foundation and started it before joining politics
He joined politics and turn to monster
Aham his eldest son is doing great too with Ahamrochas foundation

I'm from Ideato South L. G. A from my village Dikenafai to rochas village in Ogboko na just 200#

Rochas refused to do anything in my village all in the name of we didn't vote for him

God bless Ikedi ohakim he built almost all the roads in my village and he is from Mbano

I only saw nepa light last in my village in 2000 when they newly mounted the electric poles and wire during Owa tenure as governor

Rochas was a bad governor
Ohakim was better

Hope will do better than him I guess

After Sam Nbakwe, Udenwa Next is Ohakim

Therein lies ur problem. Gullibility.
Rochas is fraudulent. Anyone remember why Obasanjo removed him as chairman of NAMA?
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by AmazingELixir: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2020
undecided undecided undecided

Long overdue....what was Rochas Okorocha and the engineers that conceptualized and designed this glorified culvert thinking when they decided to construct this calamity...you come up with a sub passage with open ends without provision for drainage....how I wish those water cluster could be channelled to his house.

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by AmazingELixir: 8:16am On Jul 09, 2020
GuyWise101:
What I have come to find out in Nigeria is this,

it is not that our leaders lack the money or wisdom to construct standard or quality something for the people (Umahi of Ebonyi) but wickedness to the people is all I see in Nigerian leaders.

Stop using Umahi as a case study...gaan see what Wike is doing in Rivers state or even Udom of Akwa ibom.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Amotekun777: 8:18am On Jul 09, 2020
bigtt76:
Sad ...look at the steel rod diameter, so small for such a project. Unfortunately, the person who awarded the contract is now a senator, such a person cannot attract standard development back to the state yet he was elected a senator undecided

Yet, the Okoros claim to be civilized. NONSENSE! angry
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by PD1K3(m): 8:18am On Jul 09, 2020
Too bad. Was it necessary?
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:19am On Jul 09, 2020
In Nigeria the media can be employed to do any hatchet job so it's best not to believe everything you read but what you've experienced. There is nothing substandard about the tunnel and it won't even be easy to demolish. What I've seen in the demolition pictures is just the tunnel decking not the runway. Even the pictures shown as the tunnel before demolition is deceitful and still a media stunt.

It would have been better if the caption read "Uzodinma demolishes one of Owerri tunnels" instead of "Okorocha's substandard tunnel".

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Johnsown1(m): 8:19am On Jul 09, 2020
Another money wasted and more to be wasted
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by proeast(m): 8:20am On Jul 09, 2020
KosiGee:

Who will punish him? Rochas was a calamity to Imo, South East and Nigeria. His greed is second to none and his cluelessness is out of this world.

Look at what a man did to his people. Even the top of a sewage has thicker and better construction.
Then again, look at that so called tunnel, does a tunnel really need to be there?? There was no need to construct a tunnel there and destroying that mess might have just saved lots of lives. Imagine the top of that mesh of substandard rods/wires with its thin coating of concrete caving in on cars and people.

If Nigeria were to be a sane country, Rochas and those he used to erect this rubbish would have been answering questions now.

How can someone spend billions of naira erecting rubbish all over the state? He even demolished underground tunnels/gutters Mbakwe built that ensured Owerri never got flooded in the name of expanding roads.

This man left so many white elephant projects in the name of hospitals that are now lying in ruins, and to think that billions of naira were claimed to have been spent on all these nonsense is enough to make one go crazy.

Ebonyi does not have half the money Imo state has, yet look at what Dave Umahi did in that state. Umahi built very durable projects that has helped to revolutionize the state but Rochas decided it was better to scam Imo state. He will definitely pay for what he did to ndi Imo someday.

3 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Chidex50(m): 8:20am On Jul 09, 2020
EastGold:
Pọtọpọtọ everywhere. That's the trademark of IPOB lands
Yes bro.Thank you for the compliments.I'm sure you're happy now.

2 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by TONYE001(m): 8:20am On Jul 09, 2020
Blaze232:
Awon supreme court Governor. Awon oloji kokoro. Awon stupid Governor. U won't build your own na to destroy

Come on bros, just look at this tunnel and truthfully ask yourself if the demolition was a good call?

See the rods? The concrete? See the flooding (that would further weaken the architecture overtime)?

Let's stop defending these politicians that continue to steal our common wealth for their personal good.

If things were right in our nation, Mr. Rochas and a WHOOOLLLLEE lot of politicians would have been behind bars!

It really pains me how youths come out to defend these thieves and their parties. These guys steal from you and I every other day. They've deprived us of good roads, quality education and healthcare, security, quality life, you name it! Why aren't we angry enough? Why aren't we mad? We still go back to the ballot and elect them into office. Imagine Rochas in the Senate! What is he doing there, really? We should be asking ourselves these questions!

Thing is, are you comfortable like this? How about your family? Kids? Siblings? Are you OK with the way they run Nigeria? Is Buhari doing well? Did Jonathan do well? What of OBJ? Why are we still worshiping them?

Are you a student? Did you school in Nigeria? Did you have all the technology you need(ed)? Have you been to the hospital recently? I can go on and on and on.

My brother, I beg, make we stop to dey defend these guys. Rochas and his likes are thieves. Criminals. Rokes. Looters. They have no place in the free society. They all should be behind bars, forever, with no chance of parole.

Good morning and have a great time today.

5 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2020
bigtt76:
Sad ...look at the steel rod diameter, so small for such a project. Unfortunately, the person who awarded the contract is now a senator, such a person cannot attract standard development back to the state yet he was elected a senator undecided

That’s just a roof covering the underground not the motorway. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. He could have as well used transparent plastic roof on them.

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by leicestercamper: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2020
[s]
Abagworo:

That’s just a roof covering the underground not the motorway. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. He could have as well used transparent plastic roof on them.
[/s]

Bag of gworo you should be stoned to death, okoroawusa has used you for ritual. cheesy
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by proeast(m): 8:23am On Jul 09, 2020
Abagworo:
In Nigeria the media can be employed to do any hatchet job so it's best not to believe everything you read but what you've experienced. There is nothing substandard about the tunnel and it won't even be easy to demolish. What I've seen in the demolition pictures is just the tunnel decking not the runway. Even the pictures shown as the tunnel before demolition is deceitful and still a media stunt.

It would have been better if the caption read "Uzodinma demolishes one of Owerri tunnels" instead of "Okorocha's substandard tunnel".

Stop being ridiculous, take a second look at what you wrote and see how you contradicted yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by abidem4real: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2020
akinegba1:
OWERRI TUNNEL DEMOLISHED, AS FEAR OF IMPENDING COLLAPSE GROWS HIGHER

Imo State Commissioner for Works, Ralph Nwosu yesterday visited the Gen. Aguyi Ironsi tunnel along Portharcourt road where the tunnel is currently undergoing demolition.

While inspecting the tunnel, the commissioner noted that the technical drawings and design of the tunnel are nowhere to be found. He stated that it was the considered opinion of the consultants and engineers of the ministry that the tunnel should be demolished in the interest of the public.

He further reiterated that it is better to err on the side of caution when issues of safety are involved especially for a busy road like the Assumpta Portharcourt road where the tunnel is situated.

Ralph Nwosu therefore called on Imolites especially those plying the road to exercise patience with the contractor and the government as a lasting solution is being put in place to save that spot adding that the shared prosperity government ably led by His Excellency Governor Hope Uzodinma is determined in serving Ndi-Imo better as anchored on her 3R Agenda.

#GovernmentOfSharedProsperity
#GreaterImo
#HopeAliveInImo

https://m./203309431108844?view=permalink&id=272179154221871
Why demolition? Why not mending? Isn't this being wasteful in terms of resources? Politicians and their shallow thinking sha
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by leicestercamper: 8:25am On Jul 09, 2020
Hahahaha

See him crying all over the place because of 20k monthly stipend. Abagworo you are cursed. Okoroawusa was a total failure. None of the projects done by him is standing today. cheesy

[s]
Abagworo:
t would have been better if the caption read "Uzodinma demolishes one of Owerri tunnels" instead of "Okorocha's substandard tunnel".
[/s]

See what a whole state government constructed with electric wires as rod lol

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Leopantro: 8:27am On Jul 09, 2020
Abagworo:

Remember you said this

Abagworo:
I visited the site and found it fascinating. Whoever conceived the idea of creating a mini tunnel or mini interchange or whatever it turns out to be called is a genius. I've never witnessed such anywhere in Nigeria. I've seen under passes and tunnels but most of them are usually one directional. Kudos to Rochas Okorocha and his team for this invention.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunshots As Owerri Residents Run And Hide (Pictures, Video) / Xerona Duke Celebrates 26th Birthday / Odumegwu Ojukwu & Bianca's Traditional Wedding (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.