Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,876 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:44 AM

Living With The Guilt Of Abortion - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With The Guilt Of Abortion (5279 Views)

How Do I Clear This Guilt Against My Dad? / The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by plessis: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Look, you alone can make yourself happy. Stigma? Shame? You need to be strong. Draw strength and joy from ur kid.. Let others go fvck demselves
I just followed you.
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by WhisperedNoise: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2020
Hello sis,
To use street language, "nobody holy pass".
I know it might sound cliche but please don't let the guilt bury you. Don't let guilt and what-would-have-been drag you into deep depression. Don't wilt in darkness.

Yes, it's normal to grieve and regret but don't let it control you. Grieve, shake the dust off your back and move on.

Don't allow negative thoughts hold a place in your heart. Give yourself time to grieve and reflect. It's even Okay to cry sometimes.

Don't expect the regret to be over immediately. Give yourself time to heal. Don't rush yourself. Take it one day at a time. One day, one victory. One day, one step forward. One day, one small movement towards the light. Step by step.

Reach out to someone who loves you dearly. This is the time to hold on to support systems - good friends, godly mentors. Don't fight this battle alone, please. Two are better than one.

I love you, sis, because God loves you.
I wish you the best.

PS
Kindly reach out to me or any other well meaning person if you need a shoulder (figurative) to cry on. We will be the strength you need to get through this dark times.

PPS
Kindly ignore, totally ignore, those posts about chastity and virginity etc. The deed has been done. It's time for a new light.

Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by SirBen90: 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
I wish OP didn't have to bear the emotional trauma alone. If only the guy responsible for the pregnancy had stood by her.

When two grown-ups decide to have sex with each other, they should be prepared for the two most life-altering outcomes: pregnancy or STDs. But it is human to err, and the deed is done, so OP, I personally want you to forgive yourself, and use this occurrence in your life as a reminder to extol responbility and calm consideration before taking any action.

Don't look down on yourself, or deprive yourself of success. Rather, be prayerful, be purpose-filled, and get into a platonic relationship with someone who really loves and cares for you.

You're still young, and before you get sexually involved with anyone again, be sure it's with your husband.

I do not know you, but I'm rooting for you.

Become a successful, prayerful, happily- married woman, and live life to it's fullest.

God bless you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Hathor5(f): 11:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
SirBen90:
I wish OP didn't have to bear the emotional trauma alone. If only the guy responsible for the pregnancy had stood by her.

When two grown-ups decide to have sex with each other, they should be prepared for the two most life-altering outcomes: pregnancy or STDs. But it is human to err, and the deed is done, so OP, I personally want you to forgive yourself, and use this occurrence in your life as a reminder to extol responbility and calm consideration before taking any action.

Don't look down on yourself, or deprive yourself of success. Rather, be prayerful, be purpose-filled, and get into a platonic relationship with someone who really loves and cares for you.

You're still young, and before you get sexually involved with anyone again, be sure it's with your husband.

Become a successful, prayerful, happily- married woman, and live life to it's fullest.

God bless you.

This is so kind of you. Lovely!

4 Likes

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by SirBen90: 12:17am On Jul 19, 2020
Hathor5:

This is so kind of you. Lovely!

Thanks dear.

Our world is so full of hate, strife, and competition. You'll be surprised to find that a small act of love, a few words of kindness, can heal a broken soul.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Hathor5(f): 7:11am On Jul 19, 2020
SirBen90:

Thanks dear.

Our world is so full of hate, strife, and competition. You'll be surprised to find that a small act of love, a few words of kindness, can heal a broken soul.

I love it. smiley kiss kiss kiss kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by WhisperedNoise: 12:24am On Jul 22, 2020
SirBen90:

God bless you.
This is some good word, sir. Many thanks.
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Microwhy: 3:45am On Jul 22, 2020
Dande55:

Take the child to the father na
Don't mind them..
They will be fighting the men over custody but they don't have the power to cater for the child order than using the child to blackmail the father.

1 Like

Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Pweetiedude(m): 6:31am On Jul 22, 2020
Ifyyy25:
My dear you took the best decision..you will get over the guilt with time.Im a single mom and I deeply regret not having an abortion, I’m so depressed .The shame and stigma on single moms Is too much, Abortion will save you from the abyss of depression called single motherhood
I know it's somehow difficult but nonetheless abortion is not the solution. May Almighty Allah guard and protect your ward.
Re: Living With The Guilt Of Abortion by Ifyyy25: 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
Who is blackmailing the father?he has never set eyes on his kid, who is fighting him over custody please? Abeg I no want generalizations
Microwhy:

Don't mind them..
They will be fighting the men over custody but they don't have the power to cater for the child order than using the child to blackmail the father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Husband Offended Me ... Need Opinions / How Did U Tell Ur Parents You Were Getting Married? / Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.