Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare (6038 Views)

Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough / Mbu: A Thorough Bred Police Officer – Adams Oshiomhole. / I’m A Thorough-bred Yoruba Man – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by aljharem(m): 6:31am On Feb 03, 2011
Vice-presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Pastor Tunde Bakare, Wednesday dismissed rumours making the rounds that he hails from Ilorin, Kwara State, describing himself as a thorough-bred Egba man.

Rumours were flying that both presidential candidate of the CPC, General Muhammadu Buhari, and his running mate, Bakare, were Northerners, implying that theirs is a North-North ticket since Kwara State is located in the North-central zone of the country, while Buhari hails from Katsina in North-western part of the country.

While dismissing the insinuation as an outright falsehood, Bakare, who told THISDAY through a telephone conversation Wednesday night that he was a bonafide indigene of Abeokuta in Ogun State, added that he hails from Sodeke village in the state capital which was established by Sodeke, one of the founders of Egba in 1830.

Sodeke was one of the notable warriors in Yoruba land in the 19th century, whose fame and heroic acts brought glory to Egba community.

To establish the altruism of his claim, Bakare said he could trace his genealogy up to the fourth and even fifth generations of Egba, recalling that he even built a cenotaph in honour of the memory of Sodeke, his ancestor, which he said was inaugurated by the Ogun State government.

While explaining that both his father and mother were from Abeokuta, the cleric said his father built his house in Iporo, Sodeke in 1922 where he was born 55 years ago, adding that his father’s grave is still in the house “till today”.

Bakare said while his father is now dead, his mother, who is 110 years old, still lives in Abeokuta, saying “without prejudice to the good people of Ilorin”, he has no root whatsoever in the town as being rumoured.

Bakare. who also said he had his primary and secondary school education in Abeokuta, named the schools as All Saints Primary School, Kenta and Lisabi Grammar School, Idi Aba, both in the town, adding that he is well known as a full-fledged indigene of Egba by the Alake of Egba land, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, as well as the Olowu of Owu, Oba Dosunmu.

According to him, both monarchs can attest to his claim of Egba indigeneship. He also said among his school mates in Abeokuta is the incumbent governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel.

Bakare, who said his parents were Muslims from the outset, added that his mother only got converted in 1984, while his father died as a Muslim.

THISDAY also learnt that Bakare had once declared his ambition to run for the chairmanship of Abeokuta Local Government area of the state.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/im-a-thorough-bred-egba-man-says-bakare/85729/
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by solihu(m): 8:39am On Feb 03, 2011
Okay! cool
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by Afam4eva(m): 10:16am On Feb 03, 2011
I guess that's cleared.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by doyin13(m): 10:37am On Feb 03, 2011
Why did he even bother replying . . . .He has informally endorsed this whole zoning rubbish answering their nonsense.

Who cares if the two of them hail from zangon kataf in the deepest North or both are Eckankar adherents.

Buncha Nonsense.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 03, 2011
Na wa o! see response man!!! this alone will convince everyone that this man had all along, carefully plan his rise to politics using the Pulpit,SNG and blackmailing of GEJ.Hmmn I see the real Naija kind of politician in Bakare.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by hceejay: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2011
Importation and Marketing Firm looking for funding/Investors

A friend of mine wants to come back to Nigeria to establish a Importation and marketing company that would be importing goods to Nigeria, handling the logistics and marketing of those goods to wholesalers. They will be dealing with clients from different industry as they don't intent to just import goods but meet all the needs of their clients.

The company will also be developing marketing strategy, marketing exposure, supply chain management and distribution channels for corporate entities. The company is seeking N8 million funding/loan to add to their start up capital. The company will not touch or used the said money until the imported goods have arrived in Nigeria as its would be using LC for its trading.

Any interested person, investor or someone with contact at banks and any financier should send their post here. My friend will be visiting Nigeria this February for meetings.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by slyopez(m): 11:50am On Feb 03, 2011
who cares , me i be osinanwata buru ogaranya 1 of Igbo land and a confirmed son of Idemilli clan.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by seanet03: 11:55am On Feb 03, 2011
Exactly what i said yesterday. I knew he is from SODEKE, IJAIYE. Abeokuta. Hope the ibo man shut his s.t.i.n.k.i.n.g. Mouth. Typical ibo man, always being used as political house boy.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by johndoe200: 11:59am On Feb 03, 2011
seanet03:

Exactly what i said yesterday. I knew he is from SODEKE, IJAIYE. Abeokuta. Hope the ibo man shut his s.t.i.n.k.i.n.g. Mouth. Typical ibo man, always being used as political house boy.

Don't mind them, please when you and your jihadist master with his fake pastor side kick go looking for votes, I hope you will tell all those "typical ibo men " what you really think of them.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by oziomatv(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2011
alj harem:

While explaining that both his father and mother were from Abeokuta, the cleric said his father built his house in Iporo, Sodeke in 1922 where[b] he was born 55 years ago[/b], adding that his father’s grave is still in the house “till today”
Bakare said while his father is now dead, [b]his mother, who is 110 years old, still lives in Abeokuta,
[/b]

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/im-a-thorough-bred-egba-man-says-bakare/85729/

Please someone correct me on the above bold statements.
 His mother 110yrs. still living,  he's 55yrs. now, meaning his mother gave birth to him at the age of 55yrs.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by Afam4eva(m): 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2011
seanet03:

When i saw your username i just knew there was going to be something related to Igbo in your post. Are you this obsessed with anything Igbo.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by seanet03: 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2011
@jjohndumb when did Bakare become a Fake Pastor like chris Oyakhilome who charges N1,000 as gate fees? Please answer before i set twenty rockets towards you.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by seanet03: 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2011
Probably you forget that the allegation was raised by an ibo man who was frustrated that Buhari did not leave any room for stealing by method. Hope you graciously accept him in APGA.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by johndoe200: 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2011
oziomatv:

His mother 110yrs. still living,  he's 55yrs. now, meaning his mother gave birth to him at the age of 55yrs.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

When you are dealing with liars  who are also fanatical lunatics, you must expect that they believe that their audience are stupid.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by OWOLAYEMO: 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2011
, So much for Naija politics,Pastor Bakare will soon realise why it is so difficult doing politics in this land. Soon, aspiring politicians might just be required to post their resumes on the net for all and sundry to see. There and then, shall many cease to "toronto" us.

Welcome Pastor cool cool cool smiley smiley smiley!!!!!!!
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by oziomatv(m): 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2011
johndoe200:

When you are dealing with liars  who are also fanatical lunatics, you must expect that they believe that their audience are silly.

Wonders shall never stop happening in naija.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by Bukittes(f): 12:16pm On Feb 03, 2011
THISDAY also learnt that Bakare had once declared his ambition to run for the chairmanship of Abeokuta Local Government area of the state.

thank you for letting us know that he had always had a passion for politics and was only using SNG and all those prophecies to get attention to where he is now. So he should stop telling us he didn't have any ambition until Buhari called him, iro nla! Why didn't he contest then? Strategist! God dey o Man of God
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by favouredjb(f): 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2011
It does'nt matter if he hails from isal igbeyin,he and buhari are just decieving themselves
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by tpiah2: 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2011
some older generation women had kids after 50.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by formebyme: 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2011
oziomatv:

Nice one detective!Please me i would like answers to this one o shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by Limaoscar: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2011
Importation and Marketing Firm looking for funding/Investors

A friend of mine wants to come back to Nigeria to establish a Importation and marketing company that would be importing goods to Nigeria, handling the logistics and marketing of those goods to wholesalers. They will be dealing with clients from different industry as they don't intent to just import goods but meet all the needs of their clients.

The company will also be developing marketing strategy, marketing exposure, supply chain management and distribution channels for corporate entities. The company is seeking N8 million funding/loan to add to their start up capital. The company will not touch or used the said money until the imported goods have arrived in Nigeria as its would be using LC for its trading.

Any interested person, investor or someone with contact at banks and any financier should send their post here. My friend will be visiting Nigeria this February for meetings.
Dude, the issue here is Bakare and His geneology/ancestry and not weather He is interested in importation and marketing. take this else where.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by johnjoel(m): 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2011
who cares as for me odogwu iroko 1 of nkanu
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by Afam4eva(m): 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2011
johnjoel:

who cares as for me odogwu iroko 1 of nkanu

Ibu onye Nkanu?
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by kross01(m): 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2011
was born by a 55yrs old mum who is now 110 yrs old during post menopause. why did this medical record breaking go unnoticed by the nigerian medical community nd d whole world?
well at least now we know pastor hve always been xceptional since birth
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by tpiah2: 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2011
yes, some women of that age did have children back then.

all these people shouting menopause obviously know next to nothing about it.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by VALIDATOR: 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2011
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by MaiSuya(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2011
I suspect there was a error somewhere. he prolly was misquoted, or it was a typo. that notwithstanding, it quite possible, as others have noted, for 55years old woman to give birth.
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by apoti(m): 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2011
Ozin:

Na wa o! see response man!!! this alone will convince everyone that this man had all along, carefully plan his rise to politics using the Pulpit,SNG and blackmailing of GEJ.Hmmn I see the real Naija kind of politician in Bakare.

So the fact that he answered brilliantly using facts means he has planned to use pulpit etc to rise in politics??
You are so daft (no offence)  undecided
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by bisiaet: 2:20pm On Feb 03, 2011
Look at what this man is dragging himself to now for God sake.

I guess the next boiling issue now is his mother is 110 years old and he is 55 yrs old does that not sound strange? I seriously pity this man he has just begining to open himself to all sorts of boiling questions.

Gradually throwing his respect to mud day by day

Pastor Bakare! Pastor Bakare!! Pastor Bakare!!! How many time do I call you Ehn ehn!
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by onyengbu1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 03, 2011
slyopez:

who cares , me i be osinanwata buru ogaranya 1 of Igbo land and a confirmed son of Idemilli clan.

Nwa nnaa, abeg Idemili north abi South?
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by tyson55(m): 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2011
I never knew that this man of God was my half brother, now i know. Thanks for the info. :PP
Re: I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare by beri2(f): 2:42pm On Feb 03, 2011
1. It is possible for a 55 year old woman to have a child, cos i know of a 56 year old woman who had 1.

2. What is so wrong in Pastor Bakare's political aspirations? afterall, he is a full fledged Nigerian who can exerciise his right to vote and be voted for. If he strongly believes he can bring about change in the fast deteriorating socio-economic and poiltical situation of the country, its not a bad idea to actually give the guy a chance.

e bi like say we Nigerians like to dey endorse corruption sef. should we continue to fold our hands and watch PDP rapidly disintegrate our nation? We cant continue to do things the same way and expect different results.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. / Former Nigerian Olympic Athlete Arrested For Murder In South Africa / Are Nigerians In Diaspora Disconnected With Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.