Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Very Important Teachings That Can Change Your Entire Life For Good. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Very Important Teachings That Can Change Your Entire Life For Good. (183 Views)

This Mindset Will Change Your Entire Life... / Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary / Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Very Important Teachings That Can Change Your Entire Life For Good. by Brunicekid(m): 11:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
Making A Difference In Life SERIES 1 - Real-Life Talk, by Ogbeni SeyiSpeak (Ogbeni Creative)

Making a difference is 'putting' a change, something that has not been, or something that has been, and doing it in a separate way.

We’ve had different quotes on making a difference:

Molly Friedenfeld, said this, “An act of kindness may take only a moment of our time, but when captured in the heart, the memory lives forever.”

Deborah Meier said, “It is the curiosity that drives me. It’s making a difference in the World that prevents me from ever giving up.”

Now, let’s take a look at it. There are lots and lots of things that we wanna see. There are lots and lots of things that we wanna do. There are lots and lots of things we say, “Oooohh…How I wish the World can be so great! How I wish there is diamond everywhere! How I wish there is money! How I wish there is a lot of peace in the World!”

Even as Nigerians…Am a Nigeria, you can say, “How I wish there is stable power supply in Nigeria! How I wish there is good security in Nigeria! How I wish many things work in Nigeria! How I wish there is good social investment plan in Nigeria!” We all know there are some developed countries of the World that gives money to unemployed youths. You be like, “Why these things are not in…Why are these things not in Nigeria?”

You know, a whole lot of “How I wish! How I wish!! How I wish!!!” But, have you ever asked yourself, “What can I contribute? What can I do to be part of the solution to these my ‘How I wishes’?” Lot of ‘How I wish!’ You wish this, you wish that. But, how can you be part of the solution? That’s the point! How can you make a difference? What can…The question is, “What can I do to make things work?”. What can you do to make these things work?

There is a quote that says, “If wishes were horses, beggars will ride”
Yes! We make lot of wishes, but these wishes cannot just come into place like that. What can you do? What can you contribute to make your footprint on the mark of this Earth?

There was a day I was sitting down, and I was actually reminiscing on that like, “Ooooo…Wow…Why was I born in the 21st century? Why wasn’t I born in the 14oo something, in 1300 something?”. I have always imagined it in my mind. I’ve always put it in my head. And truly, when you look at the 1400 – 1900s, we see lots of scientific inventions. It baffles me to see that even airplane was invented in the 1900s…That is in the 20th century, not even in the 21st century that we are.

As at when the Wright Brothers invented the aeroplane, am pretty sure that lot and lot of people didn’t believe that this thing was possible – yet, they invented this thing.
What can you do? The question is, “What is my role to play in this time…in this period of time that there are lots of industrial revolution, technological revolution? What exactly can I do? What is my role to play?”

My challenge for you this morning (or anytime you are listening to me) is that you can do a lot. The fact that you have Life makes it possible that you can do a lot.

Somebody was saying a quote one day.
He said, “The grave is the richest place”.
Why? Because, you find lots of untapped talents, untapped potentials, many things that have been lost. But, the fact that you have LIFE IN YOU – you can do a lot.

What can you do? Start from your passion. What do you desire? What is your drive? How dedicated are you? How disciplined are you towards this your drive? How persistent (and how consistent) are you towards this your drive?...
TO BE CONTINUED... WATCH OUT FOR SERIES 2

(1) (Reply)

Choosing Between Usa�� And Canada�� For Grad School | Things You Should Know / Is CITN Exams Really Difficult? / Difference Between WANTS And NEEDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.