Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage (98533 Views)

Ebonyi Woman Wants Her Marriage Dissolved Over Sex / "His Manhood Is Too Big" — Woman Begs Zamfara Court To Dissolve Her Marriage / Lady Burns Her Wedding Dress As She Leaves Her Marriage In Style (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by icebird25(m): 11:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
Be cautious of what you post or do on Facebook..but some people won't heed to that simple advice..
Oya come and gbese.

As shared by Sapientem @GospelJosiah

HOW FACEBOOK COMMENTS CRASHED A MARRIAGE

Someone in Abuja told of a chilling story about a plight of his niece. She has done her traditional marriage and was about to wed when Facebook crashed the marriage only two weeks to her wedding.����

She was said to be a member of a SINGLES AND MARRIED group on Facebook. Someone made one those silly stupid posts and asked, WILL YOU CHEAT ON YOUR HUSBAND IF OFFERED 10 MILLION NAIRA? The bride to be was among those that replied.
Sapientem

She said that the amount was even too much that she can cheat on her husband if offered only 200K.

Someone that knows her told her to delete that comment because her wedding is coming up and she is already married culturally as an Igbo lady.

Two more people that don't know her joined in begging her to delete the comment since it crossed decency lines. She lashed out at them in anger by saying, WHO HAS MARRIAGE EPP? THERE IS NO GPS IN MY PRIVATE PART.

She later deleted the obscene comments not knowing that one of the relatives, of the groom had screenshot the silly comments and forwarded them to her mother-in -law who is a senior civil servant and Deaconess in Mountain of Fire church.

Hell was let loosed. There was a meeting where the lady was summoned and in tears she said that she was joking. But then she is a also a pentecostal. All pleadings by her and her parents fell on deaf ears as the wedding was suspended indefinitely.

When I called the person who told me the story this morning, he claimed that the groom family had agreed to call off the marriage entirely and will soon go and collect the dowry they paid. The decision of the family may be debated if it was right or an over reaction.

Many of us on social media write anyhow, chat anyhow and post obscene idiotic pictures. Hushpuppi according to Dubai police was monitored through his social media updates for 6 months before they arrested him.

Never flaunt your wealth, your house, your cars, your half naked bodies or your immorality on social media. Think of the implications. In any group that you are a member or your own, be careful of your posts or your comments. Internet never forgets.

I am begging you and begging myself too, be careful. Internet may ruin our lives, relationships and marriages.

He who has ears, let him do so. You're fond of insulting people, especially in groups, be careful, for one day, you may insult your future helper or someone that may interview you in a company.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GospelJosiah/status/1280206415106379776

101 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
Very good decision to cancel the wedding.

Olosho in disguise.

869 Likes 53 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by OneMillionBTC: 12:02am On Jul 09, 2020
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

51 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by GboyegaD(m): 12:06am On Jul 09, 2020
The things people say on Social Media. Some are not meant and are said to generate some traffic while some are from the depth of their hearts. The husband knows his wife better to know if she has the tendency to do such and that should be the basis of calling off the wedding and not what anyone says.

226 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by Sundrus: 12:53am On Jul 09, 2020
GboyegaD:
The things people say on Social Media. Some are not meant and are said to generate some traffic while some are from the depth of their hearts. The husband knows his wife better to know if she has the tendency to do such and that should be the basis of calling off the wedding and not what anyone says.
as u think na so u be oh...99.9% of ur thought dey mostly come out from ur mouth & most times u no dey know when u go act on those things way u don already conceive for ur mind.

473 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by thesicilian: 12:56am On Jul 09, 2020
She only said aloud what 90% of married women would do silently.

480 Likes 27 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by Righteousness89(m): 1:03am On Jul 09, 2020
As a Man/Woman thinketh in his/her Heart, So is She/He!

Out of the Abundance of the Heart, the Mouth Speaks!

267 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by stuffs4me(m): 1:54am On Jul 09, 2020
Am I missing something?

How did Facebook damage her wedding3?

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 09, 2020
And will soon go and collect the dowry they paid grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by NobleDeSage001: 2:08am On Jul 09, 2020
Some jokes are very costly.
This is just a painful way to learn the hard way...

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by fr3do(m): 3:09am On Jul 09, 2020
Na wedding woman life end?

12 Likes

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by illicit(m): 4:04am On Jul 09, 2020
What has the groom's family got to do with this

Is the groom an imbe.cile?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by mumumugu(m): 4:10am On Jul 09, 2020
LIE LIE. DEM SEY. PICS OR....

14 Likes

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by ojuu4u(m): 4:39am On Jul 09, 2020
Fiction! But can also happen in real life, many people on Facebook which is unlike faceless nairaland, would be commenting as if thr is no brain in their skulls, not minding repercussions of their comments

Even outside online stuff, one must know how to comment on any issue bringing out for discussion, one comments are indirectly telling one character and what one can do.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by Mynd44: 4:51am On Jul 09, 2020
Facebook didn't crash the marriage, she did

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by Zimri(m): 5:09am On Jul 09, 2020
Mynd44:
Facebook didn't crash the marriage, she did

Via Facebook. If this story is true. Then it's a good development

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by mespusinglez(m): 5:32am On Jul 09, 2020
Her Life, Her Problem
Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by deltateam: 5:59am On Jul 09, 2020
Obingene:
Very good decision to cancel the wedding.

Olosho in disguise.

Should she have added the "No GPS to her privates?" That was going far.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by Chuksdede(m): 6:16am On Jul 09, 2020
GboyegaD:
My brother u can never say u know a woman very well because she will just leave u shocked and surprised one day, women are so unpredictable one moment u think u know her very well and the next moment she leaves u in awe... The fact is that there is a tendency for the said lady to cheat after marriage it is said that there is an atom of truth in every rumour be it a joke or not
I rest my case

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by Zimri(m): 6:23am On Jul 09, 2020
Chuksdede:

My brother u can never say u know a woman very well because she will just leave u shocked and surprised one day, women are so unpredictable one moment u think u know her very well and the next moment she leaves u in awe... The fact is that there is a tendency for the said lady to cheat after marriage it is said that there is an atom of truth in every rumour be it a joke or not
I rest my case

All these attributes go well for men as well. Men too could be unpredictable.

15 Likes

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by Khalil1103(m): 6:49am On Jul 09, 2020
stuffs4me:
Am I missing something?
How did Facebook damage her wedding3?
undecided abi na she use her hand spoil am..

5 Likes

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 09, 2020
While cleary it was a joke, it shows level of immaturity, Social Media is a curse, it draws your attention, sells your data and steals your time. Older people only use it to connect, displaying such stupidity is a sign of lack of intelligence, because you should be aware of every statement being made on the platform and it's impact.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by ruggedtimi(m): 7:06am On Jul 09, 2020
Gbos...gba gbos

4 Likes

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by phemmyfour: 7:19am On Jul 09, 2020
Facebook lies, you and your relatives belong to a group yet you make such careless comment

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by franklingud(m): 7:21am On Jul 09, 2020
"No GPS to my private Part"....

grin grin grin grin grin grin

This one off me!!!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by Ekemeze: 7:22am On Jul 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by lastchild: 7:30am On Jul 09, 2020
It's only a fool that will take what they read on social media so serious

4 Likes

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by lastchild: 7:34am On Jul 09, 2020
Chuksdede:

I rest my case
I disagree with you

The people that have tendency to cheat based on my own experience are those people commenting that they will never cheat no matter the price

Most times, people who talk don't do, na people who no gree talk dey do

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage by nazablossom(f): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2020
She crashed her marriage not Facebook. Did Facebook force her to make stupid comments.

Or maybe Facebook is the new "devil" that always take the blames

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / Rock Python In My WC! Can You Imagine What My Wife Did To Me? / Man Walks In On His Wife Feeding Her Lover In Their Home (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.