Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,466 members, 7,781,347 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:56 PM

Odm - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Odm (108 Views)

Our Odm For Today 22 January 2022 / Odm / Our Daily Manna Devotional For Jan. 21, 2018 ODM : Topic - World Agreement Day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Odm by Diamond6real(f): 6:09am On Jul 09, 2020
Our Daily Manna

TOPIC : Unplanned Battles!

Basic Scripture:
Psalm 61:1-4,
Jeremiah 29:11

June 6th, 1944 was the day when allied forces invaded the beaches of Normandy. Four days after D-Day, a German soldier, Franz Gockel wrote to his family describing it – “We shot at everything that moved. The beach was soon covered with the bodies of American soldiers.” Maybe some users of today’s devotional have seen the opening scene of the movie, “Saving Private Ryan.”
That is a film that describes and vividly tries to show what it was like on that D-DAY to be an American soldier who arrived on an armoured passenger transport by sea, but when the big armoured door was lowered, hundreds of shots were INSTANTLY fired at them and these men fell to their death just like falling into a RIVER OF BLOOD BATH. It was a SHOCKING ENEMY PLAN which the allied forces never envisaged! Can you imagine that 425,000 Allied and German troops were killed, wounded, or went missing in action?
Over 53,000 Allied troops were reported as killed, all on one fateful day. Indeed, even the best of WAR GENERALS, make errors and lose battles, but have you ever asked why the loss and death was so huge? It was because the allied forces RAN INTO AN UNEXPECTED BATTLE! They had a plan but the element of SURPRISE from the Germans was overwhelming!
So the Holy Ghost is saying to a user of today’s devotional: When your life is not going according to your plans or when UNEXPECTED immediate BATTLES SHOW UP, LOOK TO THE ROCK OF YOUR SALVATION! Isaiah 51:1 says: “Hearken to Me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.”

Psalm 61:2 says: “From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” When unexpected battles show up, always remember that there is a ROCK higher than you! RUN TO HIM FOR COVER! Because He is HIGHER than you, He sees the FUTURE you cannot see! Because He is HIGHER than you, He understands all the SURPRISES!
Because He is HIGHER than you, He has a PLAN for the UNEXPECTED twists and turns of the journey ahead! It was Eleanor Roosevelt who wrote: “If life were predictable, it would cease to be life, and be without flavour.” So look to Him to turn your wounds into wisdom even as you turn the UNEXPECTED BATTLES to He THAT KNOWS your EXPECTED end! Hold on and hold out!

PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 2: What a friend…

1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. I scatter every SATANIC UNPREDICTABLE BATTLE PLAN.
3. I receive GRACE from the ROCK, my God! I receive DOUBLE GRACE from the ROCK that is higher than I.
Re: Odm by propanege: 6:57am On Jul 09, 2020
The Pulsar is an amazing contender for your capacity needs. The front line innovation of this cross breed is an exceptional securing for anybody's capacity needs. The double fuel gives you a twofold best propane generator for rv security of utilizing gas and propane which are effectively accessible. With the additional advantage that propane can be amassed and consumes clean.

(1) (Reply)

Even If Somebody From The Dead Comes To Tell You About Heaven And Hell-fire / "When I Passed By Thee, I Said Unto Thee, Live." / Prayers For Your Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.