Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

WTO: Candidates For The DG Position - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO: Candidates For The DG Position (26944 Views)

Northern Christian To Lalong: Reject APC Campaign DG Position Now / Abdulmumin Jibrin Is Not The DG Of Tinubu's Campaign - Tinubu Support Group / Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by fergie001: 10:26am On Jul 09, 2020
truthstands01:
Why is Africa having three candidates? Terrible!
NOI is the Real Deal. Wishing her well.
The truth is that....when AU asked for interests...only Egypt said they will contest through the Egypt-Swiss National, Abdel-Hamid Mamdouh.

All of a sudden, Nigeria threw in nominations and then Kenya followed.

Nonetheless, the Africans are super.
We wish them all well, especially our own NOI.

1 Like

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by fk001(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2020
I want Ngozi to win but what I hate is IPOB nuisance coming here to shout igbo Amaka.

She is a Nigerian and we all lovee her, we will celebrate her just like we celebrated Amina mohammed Deputy Sec Gen UN, Professor Abdullahi UN president.
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by OBku4(m): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2020
temptnow:
Imagine who UK nominated for WTO, what an insult... A disgraced politician
Lolz. Funny set of people. Always playing comedy in that their house of parliament

1 Like

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by Skyfornia(m): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2020
Aol360:
Majority of the candidates have previous experience with WTO.

NOI's pitch is that WTO need new perspective in its leadership.

Africa with 3 solid candidates is a plus, atleast one of them should win but could be shaming if nobody from the continent gets it.

Having 3 candidates from Africa is actually a disadvantage, cause the votes will be shared among them..unless two candidates will step down for one.

2 Likes

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by FlordFlorez(m): 10:38am On Jul 09, 2020
Tight race.
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 09, 2020
seunmsg:

There is a candidate from Asia, MS Hoo Myung-Hee of Korea. She may likely get all the votes from the region.

Asia has more than one candidate. A Saudi man is there too
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by ruggedtimi(m): 10:42am On Jul 09, 2020
Big shots and career peeps...hope to get a CV like this some day. NOI CV is too experienced. Numerous positions including a member of board in twitter inc. twale ma
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by seunmsg(m): 10:44am On Jul 09, 2020
azmanaty02:

Asia has more than one candidate. A Saudi man is there too

Very true.
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by fergie001: 10:47am On Jul 09, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
To be honest if the position is meant for Africa.. I think Amina Mohammed from Kenya is the best choice.. she is a WTO CHAIRPERSON of different councils. They need to grow from within..
Yea, she is good.
She had contested before....
She contested against the Outgoing DG during his first tenure, but was dropped.
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by otokx(m): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2020
It is good to be fluent in many languages.

1 Like

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by bigpicture001: 10:52am On Jul 09, 2020
For the first time Nigerian unite. And it's not football!

2 Likes

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 11:00am On Jul 09, 2020
The position is between Mexico's Kuri, Nigeria's Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Egypt's rep. All others are currently political office holders.

Based on CV, Kuri, Okonjo and Amina Mohammed of Kenya are quite exceptional, most especially Amina. But it's likely the position goes to Kuri, being a founding Deputy DG.

2 Likes

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by arinzos(m): 11:07am On Jul 09, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Ngozi cant do that for Nigeria. She lacks the capacity.
Hehehehe....
One person cannot do it.
We can only do it collectively.
One step at a time.
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by chukel(m): 11:11am On Jul 09, 2020
Tough. Africa has three. Damn. I will be objective here, in as much as I want NOI, I think the Kenyan lady beat her o. This is comparing within the African candidates. Most of them have long standing work experience in WTO which is a plus. NOI doesn't. The Mexican guy with his fluency in those 3 languages makes him more fit for the job. In all, I wish NOI the best. I wish this is how the line up is when occupation of positions are canvassed in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by ladundami: 11:13am On Jul 09, 2020
THEIR CVS ARE TOO LOADED. I WISH NOI ALL THE BEST.
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by Komu1048(m): 11:19am On Jul 09, 2020
The person with the most beautiful smile it have it
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by tonero263(m): 11:21am On Jul 09, 2020
Over qualify dey here big time,but NOI will do it better.......Congratulations Ma'am in advance.
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 09, 2020
Bethel4Life:
eggzatly

grin grin can you see what the love of egg has done to you?
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by mattfeuter(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2020
phemmyfour:
How does Ngozi getting the office affects the price of bag of rice in the market?

I was about to type this ,

What benefit would it be to Nigeria or Nigerians ?

undecided
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by Mutaultope(m): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2020
Why can't Africa have a single candidate ?

Three from Africa...... corruption loading again
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by Guide777(m): 11:40am On Jul 09, 2020
johnmartus:
Africa has lost it already. 3 candidate from Africa undecided Asia is a battlefield for the all contestants. Any country that have good influence in Asia continent will emerge the winner. Anyway Good luck madam Ngozi. But change your campaign strategies Because nobody would listen to I don't have shoe or I don't have money to take flight to Abuja.
Your wish will not be fulfilled on this because NOI has a sound footing on the saddle. God willing you too will congratulate her when the time comes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by frog12: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2020
almost all of them have worked with wto or trade except okonjo and the saudi.

okonjo should go sit down.

2 Likes

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by oyeb15: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
Nigerians expect d World to put a Nigerian,(hushpuppi siblings) at d helm of their finances?

Its either d UK man or d Korean woman or later maybe d Kenyan.

The West don't trust Nigerians,Egyptians ,Mexicans and Arabs.

1 Like

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
those that are multilingual have an edge on the monolinguals.

2 Likes

Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by tot(f): 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Ngozi cant do that for Nigeria. She lacks the capacity.

No single individual can do it, it takes a collective change, so has nothing to do with her capacity.
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by arinzos(m): 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by tot(f): 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
oyeb15:
Nigerians expect d World to put a Nigerian,(hushpuppi siblings) at d helm of their finances?

Its either d UK man or d Korean woman or later maybe d Kenyan.

The West don't trust Nigerians,Egyptians ,Mexicans and Arabs.

We are always so quick to judge our own and run them down. The UK man you are referring to and placing on a pedestal is a disgraced UK politician.

* In the 2009 expenses scandal, he was the Shadow Cabinet minister found to have the largest over-claim on expenses and, as a result, was forced to repay the most money. In 2010, he was appointed Defence Secretary by Prime Minister David Cameron, a position from which he resigned on 14 October 2011 over allegations that he had given a close friend, lobbyist Adam Werritty, inappropriate access to the Ministry of Defence and allowed him to join official trips overseas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Fox
Re: WTO: Candidates For The DG Position by baralatie(m): 12:54pm On Jul 09, 2020
Openbusiness3:
I want that Korea girl to win. But na candidate who America support go win sad
America is not interested in WTO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Wike Appoints 28,000 Special Assistants For Political Units / Evangelist Bamidele Isola Olumilua Is Dead / Oyetola, Aregbesola Set For Showdown Over Clash Of Events In Osun This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.