Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,027 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. (61921 Views)

Drone Picture Of Aba-owerri Road Showing How Neat Aba Has Become Recently / Reactions As Lady Shares Her Then And Now Photos 4 Years After Leaving Nigeria / Why Onitsha Port And Baro Port Can't Function For Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by Mrjonah(m): 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2020
MiamiePizza:
I prefare Lagos 1960 to this day Lagos
why

2 Likes

Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by Oluwasaeon(m): 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
SonOfALion:
You will wait until your grandchildren have gray hair. Even after that you will still be waiting.

Aired g
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by IMAliyu(m): 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
That is a photo of Hiroshima after the nuclear attack. Tokyo and Japan has always been advanced even more than Europe. Europe could have been colonized by Japan if the Japanese ventured out more. Even today,Japan is more advanced than the United States and Europe,both in terms of culture and innovation .
Tokyo in the 1800s
Japan was mostly an isolationist country for sometime.
Check out the size of Imperial Japan when they expanded before loosing in WW2.
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by Testimony1988(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
MiamiePizza:
hmmmm, what's your reason?

2 Likes

Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by jasent(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2020
Oluwasaeon:
Waiting for my dear country
ho check number 9.I know you were expecting it to be so bad,sorry you're disappointed.
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by Dominatrix(f): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
Lovely post.
But I saw the same locations on all pics but Lagos... lipsrsealed
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by seanwilliam(m): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
Mftivi:
if everything is fair then Nigeria and many african countries will surpass them, you have to understand that slavery gave them a head start. They literally interrupted our civilisation then used our work force free of charge for 400 years to build theirs giving then q head start and the global financial system is skewed to their favour and backed my military coercion too.

I know.. but no matter how u want to put, Nigeria cant be richer than countries like usa. America owns 33% of the world's wealth... some countries in asia were like Nigeria 60 years ago, now tell can you compare naija with some of Asia giant?
No justification for failure remember

This is not inferiority complex but blacks especially nigeria are backward race.. take it or leave it..

3 Likes

Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2020

2 Likes

Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by seanwilliam(m): 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
That is a photo of Hiroshima after the nuclear attack. Tokyo and Japan has always been advanced even more than Europe. Europe could have been colonized by Japan if the Japanese ventured out more. Even today,Japan is more advanced than the United States and Europe,both in terms of culture and innovation .
Tokyo in the 1800s
Japan is no where advanced than usa.. prove it to me anywhere.. !

1 Like

Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2020

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by JubrilBuhari: 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Lol
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by franchasng: 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Lagos water where Tinubu de poopoo him black ewedu soup consumption and weewee his early morning agbo everyday is blue I laugh in Swahili-Igbo shocked cheesy

"Yoruba media is the most dishonest media in the world" - Transparency International grin
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by JubrilBuhari: 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ibadan in 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by Sirwallace(m): 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Europeans development dated back to the 1800's.

Those people are centuries ahead of Africa and even America.
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by HomerTimpson: 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
internationalman:
New York has always been developed even in 1922.. ..

The city that never sleeps.

The biggest city in the world by land mass.

The city with the highest numbers of billionaires

The most influential city in the world...

The number one city in the world and my dream destination
pls don't forget me when going sir and if you are already there pls remember me o,i just want to visit QUEENSBRIDGE
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by LordOfTheGame: 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2020
Nigeria is a SCAM.
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by obonujoker(m): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ibadan nko grin
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by extol1(m): 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
Sehindemi:
Someone said New York in 1922 was better than this current Nigeria of 2020.
are you disputing it
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by obonujoker(m): 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
obembet:
9. Lagos, Nigeria in 1960 and now

How is Lagos like this?? Lagos wey light no dey?? You went to screenshot Los Angeles, and tag it Lagos??
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by extol1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2020
fairfora:
Na North destroy this country with their lazy culture. I wish they were as enterprising as the south sad

I remember the day I entered yankee for the first time. It was like heaven on earth. Between that time and now, there have been so much developments in places I visited and once lived. Tom Bradley airport in LA, as beautiful as it is, would soon to have a brother, a much bigger place cheesy this was announced during my visit last year.

We have been hearing Lagos govt shout 4th mainland bridge since tinubu became governor grin .They only share the money in their pockets. lagos mega city my foot. I wish buhari did not stop baba jakande from constructing the lagos lite rail in the 80s for his selfish reasons and hate. Pa Jakande remains one of the visionary and incorruptible leaders. He has no single private jet even though he could have acquired one in his time. We would have since nipped the transport issues in the bud, had buhari not halted this project, same man was seen as a messiah by tinubu in 2015 and now the rest is history. I wonder how people forget the past for their pockets' sake.
Somebody should just get the''before and now'' picture of Jeddah( Jiddah as also called ) in Saudi Arabia and show to the north that even those they emulate are forward-thinking. I remember the Jeddah trident Hotel wink
please, when you are going next time, can you do me a favor by picking me so that we can go together
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by akigbemaru: 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
obembet:
9. Lagos, Nigeria in 1960 and now
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2020
Chitumu:
Singapore's own shocked me the most. a country once same rank with nigeria, a countsy build by agricultural revenue, a country build by zero corruption and interest free loans what a great country. all hail singapore!
grin grin
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by otino(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2020
1900 seoul, South Korea is finer than makurdi benue state and most of the states

1 Like

Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by AAhmdi(m): 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2020
MiamiePizza:

I swear .
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by AsawanaDgreat: 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2020
How far naija?
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by DrMuzungu(m): 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2020
CERTAIN part of Lagos, 2002

That same part part of Lagos, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by Equation89(m): 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
No much changes...what I saw is using more clearer digital camera now to capture the images than the olden days.
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by enoch273: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
shocked these are epic changes, I'm in awe right now. As individuals we all can do something great in our life for a change, by not allowing anyone or anything anything stop us from achieving our goals. With FCMB we can #DoSomethingEpic. Click the link below to find out how.

https://fcmb.com/epic

Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by adedayoa2(f): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
All these throwback will always make Nigerians unhappy.
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by BitCraftman: 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2020
Flexherbal:

Lagos is now so beautiful compared to that time!
Developed? I agree, but beautiful? I disagree.
Re: 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. by seanwilliam(m): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
I'm American , I've visited Japan twice and I admire Japan. The United States is more popular and influential, but there are many things I like about Japan and the Japanese .

Sorry I thought you said Japan was more innovative than usa... I for ask you to list techs from japan and compare with america counterparts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos / Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.