Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

You Will Not Fail Any Exam If You Know This. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / You Will Not Fail Any Exam If You Know This. (960 Views)

How To Write An Exam If You Want To Pass! This Works For Every Nigerian Student. / I Appeal To Jamb,I'll Rewrite The Exam If You Can't Find My Original Result / 2018/UTME: No Retaking Of Exam If Your Finger Print Failed To Be Captured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Will Not Fail Any Exam If You Know This. by Surebuttons: 11:35am On Jul 09, 2020
One of the greatest achievements a student can make while in school is to pass examination. The irony is that many student fail examination not because of carelessness but lack of awareness. Students forget that in order to defeat any enemy, you need to know the enemy's plans and lines of action. To win a war, you need information of whom you are attacking. This is why https://passbuttons.com have taken the bull by the horn to ensure every student pass any examination even to the extent of publishing past questions and answers free for all.

In this article, I will be showing three major ways to pass any examination.

In order to pass any examination even when you didn't attend any class, you need to know the nature of the examination. You may say how do I know the nature of examination I have not seen or written before. Well the answer is simple. It is highly possible.

To know the nature of any examination, you need their past questions. Knowing the nature is more than just reading the past questions. It involves knowing how the questions come and the right approach to answering them.

Practicing with past questions and answers can improve your chances of doing marvelously great. However, note that depending on only past questions is not advisable. While you study past questions, you should expect the following to happen:

1. You figure out the popular topics

There are some topics that each examination body tend to prefer more than others for thoroughly testing candidates. Even though, the syllabus for instance, contains all the topics of interest, there will still be those topics that are high on the list with questions. By paying more attention to the popular topics, you will set yourself steps ahead in your preparation.

From some computer analysis of past questions on https://passbuttons.com, it has been discovered that in Mathematics, questions on geometry, trigonometry, statistics, matrices and differentiation occur more often. Also in English Language, questions on lexis and structure top the list. In Chemistry, questions on organic compounds tend to always top the list. More popular topics like these can be figured out for other subjects when you study the past questions.

2. You become familiar with the pattern:

This is similar to figuring out the popular topics. Every examination body has some patterns of setting exam questions. This is not something they publicly announce or dish out to you after registering. Although, some examination body might have a less clearer pattern now considering they now conduct Computer Based Exams. It is suspected that in CBT exam, they more likely randomly select their questions from a database of thousands of questions in a such a way that two candidates sitting next to each other are guaranteed of seeing different questions.

Nevertheless, revision works best when you practice what you will be doing in the exam. The past questions indicate some trends and patterns or repeated questions giving you some insight into the main topics and possible forms of questions. You can take some of the model exams using CBT practice platforms like https://passbuttons.com to get a quick sense of some of the trends.

3. You reduce some exam tension

Those that study past questions for any exam usually know that questions can sometimes be repeated from the same topic in a different year, with only a change in sentence, figure or option. You can come to a state of self-confidence when you attempt as many past questions as possible before sitting for any exam.

If you study past questions, you will get a sense of what to expect from any examination in various topics and this will build your self-confidence for the exam. Candidates who experience a lot of exam tension do so because they have not studied enough past questions and become comfortable with the nature of the exam.

It has been discovered that students who prepare with past questions do better than even intelligent student who read only for the exam.

CAUTION:
You don’t want to study with your past questions only, unless maybe it’s a day or two to the exam. Let your text book or study materials stay close to you as you attempt questions. This will still help you learn more deeply as you fill in your knowledge gaps. You can also use online resources to quickly read up some concepts when you feel stuck.

If this is helpful, please share with friends.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Will Not Fail Any Exam If You Know This. by Superjazz: 11:36am On Jul 09, 2020
A certain hushpapa president without certificate is not aware of all these yet he is cashing out big grin

1 Like

Re: You Will Not Fail Any Exam If You Know This. by EngrJAO: 11:37am On Jul 09, 2020
Very true
Re: You Will Not Fail Any Exam If You Know This. by offset67(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2020
Common sense is a flower that does not grow in every garden

(1) (Reply)

2020 Waec Sure Success Answers ( Chemistry).. / Check Out: The Best Computer Training Colleges In Kaduna State / My Leg Is Getting A Little Better ,god Heal Me Final.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.