Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria (1633 Views)

JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately / Ijora Olopa Bridge To Be Closed Immediately - FG / Lagos Bad Roads: Lists Of Roads Lagos Govt Will Be Working On Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 11:40am On Jul 09, 2020
When a yahoo boy is caught, arrest the women they’re involved with also and arrest the family members that benefited knowingly or unknowingly from the proceeds. They will get lesser sentence. (The ones that benefitted unknowingly will get just 24 hrs detention)

This technique operates on the principle of the domino effect.

The police won't have to do much work here because fraudsters will be handed over to the police ASAP by their own families and pairs. The only way to eradicate this is to build a very strong stigma around it.

Dubai has started excluding Nigerians from job search, soon other countries will follow, both online and offline jobs. Before you blame politicians, remember they don't need work, but you do need a job and your options are becoming slim. This is not normal, we have to end it while there's still time, before we're blacklisted from the whole world.

Lalasticlala farano seun

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 11:41am On Jul 09, 2020
If you need more in depth explanation, then I'll write more on this.

1 Like

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by madridguy(m): 11:42am On Jul 09, 2020
grin
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by helinues: 11:44am On Jul 09, 2020
So how many people should bear the brunt of one accused person?

Judge Jude.... undecided
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by rebranded(m): 11:52am On Jul 09, 2020
This is the kind of discussion the country and forums like this should be having.

Like OP said sooner or later the negative effect of it will affect everyone. Already alot of sites dont even access from Nigeria, now Dubai is excluding Nigerians from work.

Aso rock no dey proactive on anything. Na one chance we enter

4 Likes

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by bluebay(m): 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
Is yahoo now the problem of Nigeria?
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
bluebay:

It's one of the problems, yes.

4 Likes

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2020
helinues:

Judge Jude.... undecided

Tens of millions will bare the burnt of Hushpuppi and Woodberry's actions, even if they are not related to him directly.

2 Likes

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by adekolaelect(m): 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
bluebay:
you are right to ask this question because you benefitted or among of them.

1 Like

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by absolutelyyes: 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
Please read what am about to say. Nigeria problems fraud is just a branch in the rotten tree in Nigeria system, before you start to crucified fraudsters called yahoo; let ask our self a honest truth, what is your perception towards the following people who engage in the following labour: driver,wheel Barrow pusher, bus conductor, gateman, people who engage in cleaning road and dirt evaluation etc.in Nigeria there is no respect for dignity of labour, looks at our politicians.eg ganduje who was caught collecting bribe . a lot of person will still insult me for calling his name,that was rotten Nigeria has gotten to. Our religions and traditional place's is not left out.look at the songs that is being released by our musicians all about fast money (i don hama) if you nor get money hide your face.see my honest opinion Nigeria is going to get worse

14 Likes

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by abobote: 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
Misplaced priority, end treasury looting first
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
absolutelyyes:
Please read what am about to say. Nigeria problems fraud is just a branch in the rotten tree in Nigeria system, before you start to crucified fraudsters called yahoo; let ask our self a honest truth, what is your perception towards the following people who engage in the following labour: driver,wheel Barrow pusher, bus conductor, gateman, people who engage in cleaning road and dirt evaluation etc.in Nigeria there is no respect for dignity of labour, looks at our politicians.eg ganduje who was caught collecting bribe . a lot of person will still insult me for calling his name,that was rotten Nigeria has gotten to. Our religions and traditional place's is not left out.look at the songs that is being released by our musicians all about fast money (i don hama) if you nor get money hide your face.see my honest opinion Nigeria is going to get worse

Is there any country where these people don’t exist? What’s wrong with them Existing in Nigeria? They do honest work and are very very important in every society.

People no longer appreciate honest work because of fraud. The negative influence of yahoo yahoo are too much to list out. They have caused both physically and psychological damage to the avg Nigerian mind. It’s why it has to end or at least be seen as a vice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2020
abobote:
Misplaced priority, end treasury looting first

Nobody said it wasn’t a problem but that will not end fraud.
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by kollinzgee(m): 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
Typical hypocritical write-up from a hypocritical Nigerian, why not do the same to the main Yahoo boys in aso rock who have being milking the country dry since 1960 but your cowardly nature would not allow you do that embarassed
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2020
kollinzgee:
Typical hypocritical write-up from a hypocritical Nigerian, why not do the same to the main Yahoo boys in aso rock who have being milking the country dry since 1960 but your cowardly nature would not allow you do that embarassed

That’s barely a write up lmao. And yes, I have put the same energy towards the people milking this country. I even suggest the death penalty for corruption in Nigeria (as it is in China) as any other punishment is inefficient and will never end corruption. So what now? You think ending corruption is going to stop fraud? NO. It’s become a lifestyle and a state of mind. Only an aggressive approach can end it.

Fraudsters are always so quick to blame the environment they’re in but even when they go outside country, they still continue with fraud, even upgraded version. It’s a lifestyle.

5 Likes

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by BlueBanana: 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
Good one op. However I think the best way to completely end Internet fraud in Nigeria is to set up a highly effective and broad database that will track all financial activities going on in the country.
This will ensure that once a financial crime occurs, the law enforcement agencies will have all the needed information to track and arrest the suspect(s)

Also, People convicted of internet fraud should face five years imprisonment which may be reduced to nine months depending on their level of cooperation with the police in releasing the name of their accomplices.

1 Like

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
BlueBanana:
Good one op. However I think the best way to completely end Internet fraud in Nigeria is to set up a highly effective and broad database that will track all financial activities going on in the country.
This will ensure that once a financial crime occurs, the law enforcement agencies will have all the needed information to track and arrest the suspect(s)

Also, People convicted of internet fraud should face five years imprisonment which may be reduced to nine months depending on their level of cooperation with the police in releasing the name of their accomplices.

Very good suggestion, thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by BlueBanana: 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Very good suggestion, thank you.
Thanks to you. Discussions like this should be encouraged especial amongst the youth
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by JonDon12: 3:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
Wow. That's sad. One more reason to split Nigeria.

Not only does our government not work. Our society, military and infrastructure are useless but now even the name Nigeria is a black mark
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by Raydos: 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
Lol, Yahoo Yahoo can't be stopped by this!!

Even if they try to stop it, Another fraudulent means of making money will be introduced!!

The only way to end Yahoo Yahoo is to End Poverty!!, If the government Can reduce poverty by at least 60%, Yahoo Will drastically become thing of the past!!

You can't be making life hard for your citizens by hiking the prices of stuffs such as Fuel prices, Food items and so much more when you fully know that these people are poor and live below 1$ per day, And you expect them not to look for another means that will sustain their lives??

I'm not Supporting Fraud, I'm just Saying government is playing a big role on ensuring People Do Yahoo, Looks like our government here are working against the citizen, Making life hard for the citizen everyday!!

Poverty Alleviation Will stop Yahoo Yahoo automatically without any stress!

7 Likes

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by IJOBA2: 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
helinues:

Judge Jude.... undecided
ARE YOU A YAHOO BOY
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by ImpregnaTor(m): 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
You guys can say whatever you like, but all these are largely due to a product of a failed nation, where nothing works..

You think other countries where made saints and Nigerians as scammers.

Most Nigerians where brought with the idea that the government and country is very corrupt, and if you don't embrace corruption you can't survive the Bleep up system, it's just happens to be a vary popular survival instinct in the country, which has affected the average Nigerian significantly. While some may choose to travel out to escape the failed system where nothing works, which is also part of the survival instinct.

There is a great damage in the country, and until it has been gradually solved, nothing will change.
If online fraud is stopped then get ready for a very high level of robbery, cultism, kidnapping and other societal vices, will prevail significantly

Ask yourself why are you all running out of the country in masses and so worried about the reputation of the country international. The failed system keep chasing you all out of your own country, some even against their own will
;Dleft for me let every other country place a ban on every Nigerian travelling out the country to their country

We must all stand up and fix the country first before any other thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by RealEzee(m): 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
When a yahoo boy is caught, arrest the women they’re involved with also and arrest the family members that benefited knowingly or unknowingly from the proceeds. They will get lesser sentence. (The ones that benefitted unknowingly will get just 24 hrs detention)

This technique operates on the principle of the domino effect.

The police won't have to do much work here because fraudsters will be handed over to the police ASAP by their own families and pairs. The only way to eradicate this is to build a very strong stigma around it.

Dubai has started excluding Nigerians from job search, soon other countries will follow, both online and offline jobs. Before you blame politicians, remember they don't need work, but you do need a job and your options are becoming slim. This is not normal, we have to end it while there's still time, before we're blacklisted from the whole world.

Lalasticlala farano seun
oga a latter report has figured out this Dubai ish is false, do well to change your narrative and do investigation before making post.
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by darfay: 9:21pm On Jul 09, 2020
absolutelyyes:

Ogaaa
Those people you mentioned are very corrupt too na just opportunity

Conductors; if small rain fall them go double money, no bus for road Dem go triple money

Labourers; if you don't supervise them very tightly and in some cases personally, they'll cheat your destiny. You will spend double on the project. Let me not talk further

Drivers; These ones can kill you with heart attack. We bought a bus some years back for transport business. Everyday one story or the other and zero remittance. Nobody told us before we sold it

As for wheelbarrow pushers, I don't know about them but I'm sure they are just as greedy. See ehn, Nigeria has the largest concentration of stupidly greedy and heartlessly wicked people per square meter for anywhere in God's green earth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by jesmond3945: 10:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
Raydos:
Lol, Yahoo Yahoo can't be stopped by this!!

Even if they try to stop it, Another fraudulent means of making money will be introduced!!

The only way to end Yahoo Yahoo is to End Poverty!!, If the government Can reduce poverty by at least 60%, Yahoo Will drastically become thing of the past!!

You can't be making life hard for your citizens by hiking the prices of stuffs such as Fuel prices, Food items and so much more when you fully know that these people are poor and live below 1$ per day, And you expect them not to look for another means that will sustain their lives??

I'm not Supporting Fraud, I'm just Saying government is playing a big role on ensuring People Do Yahoo, Looks like our government here are working against the citizen, Making life hard for the citizen everyday!!

Poverty Alleviation Will stop Yahoo Yahoo automatically without any stress!
Yahoo Yahoo is a sign of greed and not poverty. Hushpuppi was in Dubai, he was not poor but he was greedy. Greed would make a Yahoo boy to be squatting in a one room apartment but he would be driving Ferrari. The worst is that an average Nigeria would travel overseas with several opportunities of work but would prefer to defraud others. Op the best way to fight it is to call them out, stop praising them, ask them questions. Somebody like e money, I have not seen his vessel or the oil tools he rents out that he would make him buy rolls Royce every year.

4 Likes

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by lymelyte(m): 8:58am On Jul 13, 2020
jesmond3945:
Yahoo Yahoo is a sign of greed and not poverty. Hushpuppi was in Dubai, he was not poor but he was greedy. Greed would make a Yahoo boy to be squatting in a one room apartment but he would be driving Ferrari. The worst is that an average Nigeria would travel overseas with several opportunities of work but would prefer to defraud others. Op the best way to fight it is to call them out, stop praising them, ask them questions. Somebody like e money, I have not seen his vessel or the oil tools he rents out that he would make him buy rolls Royce every year.
exactly.. That's why they can't stay abroad..
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:50am On Jul 13, 2020
nice discussions.
well left to me.to tackle internet fraud we have to get to the reasons why the teeming youths venture into it.if the reason isn't known we would only be chasing shadows.
for every crime committed there is surely a root cause if it.
the roots is what we should tackle abeg.
if hundred youths are arrested today it won't make crime to stop.

1 Like

Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by Donphykson: 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2020
It is not only by creating laws, The people enforcing it e.g the police are corrupt and also accommodating it. Am speaking from personal experience, I was stop in a vehicle today by some police without commiting a crime. They went through my phone even though there was no incriminating activities on my phone, they wasted my time and later started asking me for money.
And, Driving around with them they pick up three other guys for no reason.

These issues can never be solved by creating new laws because the bad element that can be found in all area in nigeria will alway find a way around it to commit crimes greater than the one we are trying ti eradicate.
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by Onozboy(m): 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
Dem go still arrest you too because directly or indirectly you don benefit from am undecided
Re: How To Immediately End Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by samuelpeters(m): 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2020
Internet Fraud Matter is really giving me Headache.because it seems thats the Only way to Make it big without waiting for one job somewhere.
I blame our Government and the Citizens.

Someone said its not poverty but Greed.
My dear,it is poverty garnished with Greed.
Everyone has this "Make Money quick" Mentality. Even our Government is not Left out.

When you Look at the problem in Nigeria ehhh,the best decision will be to Leave the Country.

Who will Implement these Laws in Nigeria?
EFCC and other Agencies will only make a Fortune out of it.
Look at something as Little as Lockdown, police and others still collect Money.

(1) (Reply)

Move To Canada By Selling My Properties / Virgin Nigeria Takes On SAA On Key Lagos Route / Dv-2010 Lottery Starts Soon!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.