Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. (3662 Views)

Spiritual Meaning Of Waking Up 3am Every Night / Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? / Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by bigname23: 9:50am On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:
People can tell you that they gain while in the actual sense they are losing. It's by asking them what they have gained so far that they will pause and start discovering that they haven't even gained a dime. That's called the 'Delusion'. Ask an average Nigerian christian if he gains from Jesus, he will tell you yes, then ask him what he has gained from Jesus, then he will begin to 'merry-go-round'. You know why? This is because the things he thinks that he was gaining from Jesus was actually what everybody in the world are gaining from nature. For example, he will tell you that Jesus protects his life, then who protected the lives of the atheists and freethinkers. He will say that Jesus made him free from sicknesses, then who made atheists and freethinkers free from sicknesses? Some will say that it is Jesus that saved them from doing evil, then who made a humanist and atheists desist from doing evil? Who made atheists able to reproduce rather than being barren? Who made us coronafree? Who made the rich atheists and humanists rich? That effect is same I can equate to the 'LUWABI POT EFFECT' written in the history below:

Luwabi 15: 1-39
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
1. Luwabi overturned a large pot in front of his house. And he wrote saying, do not open. It is the secret of Luwabi. If you open it and see what you do not wish to see, then it is your own problem, because I have forewarned you saying, do not open.
2. Now rumours began to spread all around about the covered pot of Luwabi. And the egungun of that land said, under the pot of Luwabi are his charms. And he shall hurt many with it.
3. And some said, Luwabi is a wizard. He has covered the destiny of many homos in it.
4. And some said, Luwabi is one of the Alawo of the land. And some admirers of Luwabi feared and said, Luwabi is using our destiny to prolong his own life.
5. And the Igunnuko and Eyo of other lands also said that Luwabi is into a very big cult.
6. Now every day, Luwabi would sit on top of the upturned pot and smile at those passing. And they feared him greatly, saying, Luwabi is a blood-sucker and a wizard.
7. And many withdrew their children from going to the court of Luwabi.
8. Now in a year, many beliefs had been formed around the pot of Luwabi. And some said, the pot of Luwabi is the pot of magic.
9. And many came to say that they saw Luwabi in their dreams casting spells at them from the pot.
10. And some said the pot contains earthworms and snails, while others said it is filled with evil cowries.
11. Now a homo fell sick when he remembered that Luwabi had fed him from similar pot before. And the homo said, I did eat with Luwabi from the pot, not knowing that Luwabi was using my destiny.
12. And even those who said they were witches and wizards began to fear Luwabi greatly.
13. And the fame of Luwabi spread far into many lands. And they feared him even from those lands.
14. Now some of the priests of the gods came to Luwabi, saying, tell us the secret of your power.
15. But Luwabi said, I cannot share the secret with anyone. My pot is outside there, go and open it.
16. Now many of them began to hate Luwabi. And they met together, saying, let us conjure fearful dreams and send it to his head. And he shall fear if he dreams it.
17. Now one said, if Luwabi does not think of us, how shall he dream about us? Now let us go around his house and scare him.
18. Now the people went around Luwabi’s house and called his name, saying, Luwabi, we witches shall destroy your life in your dream today. We shall tear your flesh apart.
19. Now Luwabi heard them and smiled. And then he went to bed.
20. Now all the people gathered together to imagine what they wished to let Luwabi see in his dream. And they imagined deep into the night, saying, since Luwabi has already heard our threat, he shall dream it also.
21. Now when Luwabi was asleep, he saw many birds flying over his head to tear him apart. But because he had trained himself not to fear anything, he was not afraid in the dream.
22. And Luwabi said in the dream, birds of the dream, shall you follow me out of the dream? If I wake up now, shall you not all be wiped out with the dream?
23. Then Luwabi woke up from his sleep and laughed.
24. Now when Luwabi came out of his house, he went to sit on the pot again. And the people who threatened him saw him and were surprised. For they thought that he would have died in his sleep overnight.
25. Now two brave homos said to themselves, we shall upturn the pot of Luwabi to know what he has kept under it. Now it was already three years since the pot was there. And many stories had been formed around it.
26. And even many priests had been threatened by its presence, yet they were afraid to open it. And those who feared so much came to worship the pot, so that they would not be destroyed by the power in it.
27. And they brought sacrifices in calabashes and placed them before the pot. But Luwabi fed their sacrifices to his animals, but no one knew. For they thought that the pot had accepted the sacrifices.
28. And some homos had formed a religion woven around the pot. And the pot did they make their god. And they made panegyrics for the pot.
29. And they said, Ikoko Luwabi orisa wa(meaning the pot of Luwabi, our own god).
30. Now the two brave men whose names were Akin and Gbajumo came to the pot at noon. And they said, we shall open the pot and dare the consequences.
[b] 31. So many gathered to watch them open the pot. And those who worship the pot came and said, do not open it, because it is our god. And since we began to worship it, it has been protecting us from evil.
32. However, Akin and Gbajumo proceeded and lifted up the pot. And many homos scattered to different directions, running when no one was chasing them. And those who were curious were shocked beyond imagination. For they saw nothing under the pot and they were disappointed.
33. Now it was known before the passing away of that day that the pot of Luwabi contained nothing. And they who had built their worship around the pot wondered, saying, why then are we protected when we changed our gods to worship the pot as our new god?
34. Who protected us from death when we left the worship of Ogun and Sango and even Oya to worship this pot?
35. Now Luwabi sat them down and said, you protected yourself with what you believe. For if you believe that you are protected, then you shall be protected. You do not need any god to protect you, but your own mind.[/b]
36. When you see a pot turned upside down, you think it is covering up something. But the truth of the matter is that it covers up nothing worth checking. So are many beliefs. They are made up of nothing but vacuums, yet they have power to protect you and to make you look powerful because you have put your belief in them.
37. Now the homo, who fell sick after thinking of the food he ate from the pot before it was overtuned, came to Luwabi because he had become well. And he said, baba Luwabi, if indeed the pot did not cover anything, how then did I fall sick?
38. How then did I dream that a snake was inside the pot turned over?
39. Then Luwabi said, your fear made you dream so and not because there is a snake under it. That is what fear can do to anyone. Now because you have known that there is nothing under it, you became well again. So is life. Many die because of their ignorance.
u see that is ur problem, u generalize everything, now let me give u an examples, I have seen personally pepo guys who were cultist and thieives and when they met Jesus Christ dey dropped these bad system of life to follow Jesus christ, now sum of might have died if they had not found Christ becos of thier nefarious lifestyle, so my brother tell me, has religion not made a positive impact on that person,s life,...like I told u b4 wat works for somebody might not work for u...it depends on u,...u cannot tell me that a person giving his life to Christ to stop killing and stealing is being delusional wen he says religion has helped him. u are always thinking from one angle and then u will generalize it...I have seen testimonies of people who have been so depressed to the point of commiting sucide but wen they found religion they found peace, so will u say because there are atheists who have peace and don't commit crime then religion did not help d pepo I mentioned.
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 9:55am On Jul 10, 2020
truespeak:

Another Good Thing, you have settled, which is, that what is good and what is bad has been clearly settled.

Now who Set it? We know that it is the Great Owner and Builder of this Large House called the earth, Who has set it.

Now, what Things or Facts did He set as Good which should be done and what facts did He set as bad which should not be done?

And this is where the division begins, for no one knows His House to go and clearly ask Him What He has to say on this subject.

And everyone is therfore compelled to use different parameters for distinguishing What He Has Set.

And this is my own parameter, if I did to you that which you did to me, would you in truth rejoice and be glad or shall you be hotly angered even to the point of killing me?

That is my own parameter, as obtained from the Bible.
Did the Bible really set what is good and what I bad?

Okay, let's take a look at some stuffs and let's see what the Bible says about it.

Is it good or bad to work on Saturday?
Bible said 'no' and the Bible god commanded that anybody working on Saturday should be stoned to death and there were records of people stoned to death for working on Saturday.
Now what do you feel, is it good to work on Saturday?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by sakanifemi123(m): 9:58am On Jul 10, 2020
bro, the reason most of you fall in the hand of fake pastor or prophet is that you move closer to man than your God. put God first the rest is simple
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 10:00am On Jul 10, 2020
bigname23:
u see that is ur problem, u generalize everything, now let me give u an examples, I have seen personally pepo guys who were cultist and thieives and when they met Jesus Christ dey dropped these bad system of life to follow Jesus christ, now sum of might have died if they had not found Christ becos of thier nefarious lifestyle, so my brother tell me, has religion not made a positive impact on that person,s life,...like I told u b4 wat works for somebody might not work for u...it depends on u,...u cannot tell me that a person giving his life to Christ to stop killing and stealing is being delusional wen he says religion has helped him,
This is why I tell you that Religion is not 100% bad but it is more bad than good because it has been used to scam and impoverish almost the masses, used to share testimonies of lies, used to brainwash people, used to put others under servitude, used to enslave minds, used to cause lack of rest of mind, whereby people fear where they will go after death, used to rob people of their hard-earned money in form of tithes and offerings, etc.
So if something is 10% good and 90% bad, do you think we should still consider is as good? Or shouldn't we rather go for something that's far far better?

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2020
sakanifemi123:
bro, the reason most of you fall in the hand of fake pastor or prophet is that you move closer to man than your God. put God first the rest is simple
Which of the gods should be put first? Myself Otem, Atum, Jehovah, Moloch, Ahura Mazda, Vishnu, Allah or which one please? Or would you rather put yourself first?

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by bigname23: 10:07am On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:
So you think life is just about three groups of people, namely agnostics, atheists and religious? Lol, bro it's not. Okay, into what category will you classify somebody who knew that Jehovah exists but is currently in a spiritual cage? Somebody who brings the truth of the universes and somebody who is part of the gods who locked all religious gods in a spiritual cage? An atheist or an agnostic? Na, na, na. An agnostic is someone who doesn't know whether there is God Almighty, but in my case, I know that God Almighty is the Totality of Existence and all religious gods including Jehovah and Allah are a very very very insignificant and microscopic offshot of God Almighty and it is an insult to regard puny Jehovah or Allah as the whole of God Almighty when they are not even up to 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% of the extent of God Almighty (Totality of Existence).
guy u are religious then, if u truly believe wat u wrote up there, just dat ur own religion is not mainstream, infact u are more like a traditonalist who believe there are different gods with different powers

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:11am On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:
Religion doesn't define what is good or bad, but human judgement of things does. And there is nothing perfectly good or bad. To prove to you that religion doesn't define good or bad, take the case of idol worshipping for example, it is defined as bad by Christianity religion but as good by Hinduism. Polygamy is defined as good by Islam but as bad by Christianity. So how do you say that religion has the authority to define good and bad solely when even an atheist can define what is good or bad in his or her own judgement and billions of people might eventually agree with him or her? In conclusion, nobody is authorised to define what is good and what is bad. It is only done by our own subjective views.

No one is defining what is good and bad for the things which are good and bad have been set already by the Maker, we here are only trying to understand, comprehend and appreciate what things are good and what things are bad.

And that is why we shall have to examine many sources to discover in truth what things are good and what things are bad, not just human judhments alone, but the combination of other influences like Natural Law, Human Conduct and Relations etc

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by bigname23: 10:12am On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:
This is why I tell you that Religion is not 100% bad but it is more bad than good because it has been used to scam and impoverish almost the masses, used to share testimonies of lies, used to brainwash people, used to put others under servitude, used to enslave minds, used to cause lack of rest of mind, whereby people fear where they will go after death, used to rob people of their hard-earned money in form of tithes and offerings, etc.
So if something is 10% good and 90% bad, do you think we should still consider is as good? Or shouldn't we rather go for something that's far far better?
Bros u are generalising ur opinion again, in my life experience I have seen more pepo with positive impact of religion on them, than negative, so that ur 10% gud theory is a total lie...becos from the testimonies of people, religion has helped more pepo that it has harmed...all the examples u gave above are arguable, becos if u say d fear of hell is bad then the fear of prison in our society is also bad, and we all know that if there were no punishment of criminals in our society then our society will not be conducive for living. as to tithing it is only done by Pentecostals even the tithing itself is not bad, it is d fact some pastors use it enrich theirselves at expense of thier members that
is bad..if u check d bible contributions in d early church were given to help needy among them,not to enrich the apostles
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 10:48am On Jul 10, 2020
bigname23:
Bros u are generalising ur opinion again, in my life experience I have seen more pepo with positive impact of religion on them, than negative, so that ur 10% gud theory is a total lie...becos from pepo,s testimonies religion has helped more pepo that it has harmed...all the examples u gave above are arguable, becos if u say d fear of hell is bad then the fear of prison in our society is also bad, and we all know that if there were no punishment of criminals in our society then our society will not be conducive for living, and tithing is only done by Pentecostals and tithing itself is not bad, it is d fact some pastors use it enrich theirselves at expense of thier members that makes it bad.
I didn't say that it's exactly 10% good bro. As a matter of fact, it's even less than 10% good. Go and sample people's opinions with a questionnaire to find out. I've been doing such of recent though. Now you say that the fear of hell is not bad, but I will prove to you how bad it is. First, if you think that you will make heaven and most of your unbelieving or non-born-again relatives will make hell, if you are a human being and you don't feel sad about it, then we have to examine you very well. The thought of others making hell while you make heaven alone should make any rational being lose his joy if he or she is not selfish. As in how can I be in heaven and Burna Boy, Wizkid, Olamide, Jackie Chan, Jet li, Doctor Who, Michael Jackson, Van Damme, Mr Piper and many other people who made the world interesting with their talents be in hell and I will feel happy? These are not even my relatives and I am already losing joy over the thought that they could be burning in an Everlasting fire forever not to talk of my own relatives and friends.

Conditions for entering prisons are well stated in the constitutions but the conditions for entering hell are unclear and ambiguous, and the fact that the judgement of fire forever doesn't even sound sane and rational is another reason that makes it bad. And many people now neglect their brains and remain in servitude to these conmen and some gods because of the fear of hell fire. So tell me how it is good to make people neglect the use of their brains because of the threats of hell fire.
Even currently, Education in the world doesn't condone threatening school pupils to make them submissive to their teachers. Capital punishment is already abandoned, because humans are now wiser than even many religious gods. Why do you think they start condemning this method? It's because they have seen that it has done more harm than good of course!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2020
bigname23:
guy u are religious then, if u truly believe wat u wrote up there, just dat ur own religion is not mainstream, infact u are more like a traditonalist who believe there are different gods with different powers
What is religion if I may ask? From your definition of religion, let's see if I'm truly religious.
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by bigname23: 10:57am On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:

I didn't say that it's exactly 10% good bro. As a matter of fact, it's even less than 10% good. Go and sample people's opinions with a questionnaire to find out. I've been doing such of recent though. Now you say that the fear of hell is not bad, but I will prove to you how bad it is. First, if you think that you will make heaven and most of your unbelieving or non-born-again relatives will make hell, if you are a human being and you don't feel sad about it, then we have to examine you very well. The thought of others making hell while you make heaven alone should make any rational being lose his joy if he or she is not selfish. As in how can I be in heaven and Burnt Boy, Wizkid, Olamide, Jackie Chan, Jet li, Doctor Who, Michael Jackson, Van Damme, Mr Piper and many other people who made the world interesting with their talents be in hell and I will feel happy? These are not even my relatives and I am already losing joy over the thought that they could be burning in an Everlasting fire forever not to talk of my own relatives and friends.

Conditions for entering prisons are well stated in the constitutions but the conditions for entering hell are unclear and ambiguous, and the fact that the judgement of fire forever doesn't even sound sane and rational is another reason that makes it bad. And many people now neglect their brains and remain in servitude to these conmen and some gods because of the fear of hell fire. So tell me how it is good to make people neglect the use of their brains because of the threats of hell fire.
Even currently, Education in the world doesn't condone threatening school pupils to make them submissive to their teachers. Capital punishment is already abandoned, because humans are now wiser than even many religious gods. Why do you think they start condemning this method? It's because they have seen that it has done more harm than good of course!
guy u lie again, the percentage of pepo who I know attribute thier success and other positive impact to God outnumbers the ones with negative impact and who told u I believe my family members, wizkid, burnaboy and the rest are going to hell? read ur bible it say God will judge everyone according thier works good or bad, and point of correction pepo don't abadon the use of thier brain just becos they go to church,infact I know a lot of smart pepo who are christians
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by bigname23: 11:07am On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:
What is religion if I may ask? From your definition of religion, let's see if I'm truly religious.
religion is d believe in and worship of a higher power whether God or gods , and u said u believe in a almighty God even though u believe that jesus and Allah are just mere gods who make a tiny part of almighty God
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 11:08am On Jul 10, 2020
bigname23:
guy u lie again, the percentage of pepo who I know attribute thier success and other positive impact to God outnumbers the ones with negative impact and who told u I believe my family members, wizkid, burnaboy and the rest are going to hell? read ur bible it say God will judge everyone according thier works good or bad, and point of correction pepo don't abadon the use of thier brain just becos they go to church,infact I know a lot of smart pepo who are christians
Yes, on the surface they do so. But did you care to ask further? That's why I told you that whenever they tell me say 'Bros Na god o' then I ask them further. You don't just put surface things in a questionnaire and run away with it. Even Hushpuppi and all Yahoo Yahoo boys and Oloshos attribute their successes to 'Na god o' but when you ask them in details, then you will know that whatever they are doing for a living does not involve any god or religion. It is entirely by their own efforts. If you don't believe that these sets of people aka Wizkid, Olamide etc are going to hell, majority of the Christians do because these people smoke Indian Hemp and fornicate etc which according to you Christians are bad before god and are sins worthy of hell fire.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:09am On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:

Did the Bible really set what is good and what I bad?

Saturday?

To us and no one is compelling you to accept our position and what we have seen to be True, the Bible Did Set That Which is Good and that which is even more than bad, which is called evil.

OtemAtum:

"Is it good or bad to work on Saturday?
Bible said 'no' and the Bible god commanded that anybody working on Saturday should be stoned to death and there were records of people stoned to death for working on Saturday.
Now what do you feel, is it good to work on "

First, today, I do not know if Saturday is the True 7th day since people have changed things from time to time, including calendar and days, so I do not know that which is naturally True, but A Day Set for Rest and to Do no unnecessary and postponable work, is Good.

Why? Because, it is in the True Nature and soul of man to Rest From Work and Labours. Clearly Employees would be happy for this Law and the Employer ought to be happy, for he too has a Rest from His Necessary Shouting and harrassment of his employees to do their work.

Also, it is A Great Mark of Respect and Love shown to Your True Parent, to take out a Day, which you would Spend Time with them, thanking Them For Their Daily Assistance, Counsel and Support in aiding you to achieve your Good Goals, all the while that you are living in their House, among other things.

So, anyone who flagrantly, blatantly and outrighly disregards this Law, is Clearly Saying to His Father, "I do not respect You, oh Father and I Do Not care for whatever You Say, and I am a god unto myself and to whoever is in my hand, I do not care that You have made a Law and I do not care that it is Your House, (so what, are You the only One with a House?) Do whatever You Like, let me do whatever I like!"

And that last statement is your judgement, for you have done whatever you like without recourse to Him, therefore He is entitled to Do Whatever He Likes, without recourse to you. And therefore, He Commanded us, His Obedient children to Kill, in exercise of His Power of Doing Whatever He Likes, as you have said.

So, yes, I Clearly Answer that, it is Very Good and yes, Disobedient and Rebellious Children should not be allowed to live to infect the other children. The rotten fruit corrupts the bunch if it is not cut out.

But, today you do not need to worry about these things, for the rebellious children have corrupted every child and are so courrupting them, so it is now in His Hands to do whatever He Likes and not in any man's.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 11:16am On Jul 10, 2020
bigname23:
religion is d believe in and worship of a higher power whether God or gods , and u said u believe in a almighty God even though u believe that jesus and Allah are just mere gods who make a tiny part of almighty God
Now these definitions doesn't define me as being religious. Why, because I have never said that I believe in a god. Rather, I kept on emphasizing that I know these beings. I have seen Jehovah before and I still see him in his spiritual cage. Believing is about faith, you haven't seen it but you just have the belief in it. I have seen them all. Name all these gods, I have seen them, so I am not a believer but a knower. I know where they currently are. The religious gods are in a spiritual cage while the gods of science are exploring different parts of the multiverses. I don't do the belief stuff.

Now the other part says that religion is worshipping a god or God, but I condemn any form of worship to a god or God Almighty the totality of Existence. It doesn't make sense worshipping a god or gods. It is simply not the objectives of our existence. We are supposed to keep exploring the unlimited energy of the universes and not condescending to god-worshipping. It's very absurd and odd that till date, the gullibles are still bowing down to worship imprisoned gods like Jehovah and Allah when they are gods themselves, capable of efficting change more than the gods they worship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 11:18am On Jul 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

To us and no one is compelling you to accept our position and what we have seen to be True, the Bible Did Set That Which is Good and that which is even more than bad, which is called evil.

First, today, I do not know if Saturday is the True 7th day since people have changed things from time to time, including calendar and days, so I do not know that which is naturally True, but A Day Set for Rest and to Do no unnecessary and postponable work, is Good.

Why? Because, it is in the True Nature and soul of man to Rest From Work and Labours. Clearly Employees would be happy for this Law and the Employer ought to be happy, for he too has a Rest from His Necessary Shouting and harrassment of his employees to do their work.

Also, it is A Great Mark of Respect and Love shown to Your True Parent, to take out a Day, which you would Spend Time with them, thanking Them For Their Daily Assistance, Counsel and Support in aiding you to achieve your Good Goals, all the while that you are living in their House, among other things.

So, anyone who flagrantly, blatantly and outrighly disregards this Law, is Clearly Saying to His Father, "I do not respect You, oh Father and I Do Not care for whatever You Say, and I am a god unto myself and to whoever is in my hand, I do not care that You have made a Law and I do not care that it is Your House, (so what, are You the only One with a House?) Do whatever You Like, let me do whatever I like!"

And that last statement is your judgement, for you have done whatever you like without recourse to Him, therefore He is entitled to Do Whatever He Likes, without recourse to you. And therefore, He Commanded us, His Obedient children to Kill, in exercise of His Power of Doing Whatever He Likes, as you have said.

So, yes, I Clearly Answer that, it is Very Good and yes, Disobedient and Rebellious Children should not be allowed to live to infect the other children. The rotten fruit corrupts the bunch if it is not cut out.

But, today you do not need to worry about these things, for the rebellious children have corrupted every child and are so courrupting them, so it is now in His Hands to do whatever He Likes and not in any man's.

In all your sayings, you didn't answer this simple question and I will ask again:

Pls say yes or no.
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by bigname23: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:
Yes, on the surface they do so. But did you care to ask further? That's why I told you that whenever they tell me say 'Bros Na god o' then I ask them further. You don't just put surface things in a questionnaire and run away with it. Even Hushpuppi and all Yahoo Yahoo boys and Oloshos attribute their successes to 'Na god o' but when you ask them in details, then you will know that whatever they are doing for involve any god or religion. It is entirely by their own efforts. If you don't believe that these sets of people aka Wizkid, Olamide etc are going to hell, majority of the Christians do because these people smoke Indian Hemp and fornicate etc which according to you Christians are bad before god and are sins worthy of hell fire.
the Bible says no Christian has d right to judge, I believe that God looks at d heart, most of celebrities u even name call thierselves christians and d fact that somebody errs in a particular way does not make him a sinner by d way there is no place in d Bible dat condems Indian hemp, nd there are still factions of christians who believe pre marital sex is not a sin,daddy freeze for example...wen I talk about testimonies I mean pepo who describe how God raised them from nothing...wetin u won dey go ask them again,... u won force dem say nor b God, if ashawo tells u God is blessing her business,I won't argue, because the Bible says God sends rain to the sinner and d righteous..me I believe God can bless anybody who puts thier faith in him
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by bigname23: 11:27am On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:

Now these definitions doesn't define me as being religious. Why, because I have never said that I believe in a god. Rather, I kept on emphasizing that I know these beings. I have seen Jehovah before and I still see him in his spiritual cage. Believing is about faith, you haven't seen it but you just have the belief in it. I have seen them all. Name all these gods, I have seen them, so I am not a believer but a knower. I know where they currently are. The religious gods are in a spiritual cage while the gods of science are exploring different parts of the multiverses. I don't do the belief stuff.

Now the other part says that religion is worshipping a god or God, but I condemn any form of worship to a god or God Almighty the totality of Existence. It doesn't make sense worshipping a god or gods. It is simply not the objectives of our existence. We are supposed to keep exploring the unlimited energy of the universes and not condescending to god-worshipping. It's very absurd and odd that till date, the gullibles are still bowing down to worship imprisoned gods like Jehovah and Allah when they are gods themselves, capable of efficting change more than the gods they worship.
guy u are confused, how can u say u don't believe in something dat u have seen, Bros , now I see I have been wasting my time arguing with u, u have seen Jehovah and Allah and dey are in a cage guy if u're not being sacartic, then ur case is different, u are being delusional...no n
bigname23:
the Bible says no Christian has d right to judge, I believe that God looks at d heart, most of celebrities u even name call thierselves christians and d fact that somebody errs in a particular way does not make him a sinner by d way there is no place in d Bible dat condems Indian hemp, nd there are still factions of christians who believe pre marital sex is not a sin,daddy freeze for example...wen I talk about testimonies I mean pepo who describe how God raised them from nothing...wetin u won dey go ask them again,... u won force dem say nor b God, if ashawo tells u God is blessing her business,I won't argue, because the Bible says God sends rain to the sinner and d righteous..me I believe God can bless anybody who puts thier faith in him
OtemAtum:

guy u are confused, how can u say u don't believe in something dat u have seen, Bros , now I see I have been wasting my time arguing with u, u have seen Jehovah and Allah and dey are in a cage guy if u're not being sacartic, then ur case is different, u are being delusional...na I dey waste my time dey argue with u since...Bros well done continue
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2020
bigname23:
Now I've seen where you are coming from. Your point is that once anybody mentions god, then automatically the person is religious. Lol. Even atheists and free thinkers say 'Oh my God's whenever they are having sex. Does that make them religious? You can call anything or call yourself anything, but does that make you that thing? Even most of us called ourselves doctors, lawyers and engineers when we were kids, but did it make us engineers? That's why you need to go deep to ascertain the truth. In my own case, I go and sample people's opinions not on the surface, but deep down, then you get to know what people really think about religion. Do you know that many people here criticising religion on nairaland are typing 'Amen! Amen! Amen!' on facebook? That's because they are not bold enough to declare their irreligious stance on a facial forum while on nairaland, they are faceless so they make their minds known. So go personally to meet people and you'd be surprised what you'll find out.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 11:34am On Jul 10, 2020
bigname23:
guy u are confused, how can u say u don't believe in something dat u have seen, Bros , now I see I have been wasting my time arguing with u, u have seen Jehovah and Allah and dey are in a cage guy if u're not being sacartic, then ur case is different, u are being delusional...no nguy u are confused, how can u say u don't believe in something dat u have seen, Bros , now I see I have been wasting my time arguing with u, u have seen Jehovah and Allah and dey are in a cage guy if u're not being sacartic, then ur case is different, u are being delusional...na I dey waste my time dey argue with u since...Bros well done continue

I have seen SantaClus before but I don't believe in all the stories they told us about him. I have seen my secondary school Mathematics teacher before, but I don't believe in his ability to teach well. I have seen Mitsubishi tortoise car before, but I don't believe in its ability to carry me from Lagos to Abuja without breaking down. I have seen Jehovah before but I don't believe he has ability to protect me from danger because he is not powerful as the book purports. Do you now understand?
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by bigname23: 11:38am On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:

Now I've seen where you are coming from. Your point is that once anybody mentions god, then automatically the person is religious. Lol. Even atheists and free thinkers say 'Oh my God's whenever they are having sex. Does that make them religious? You can call anything or call yourself anything, but does that make you that thing? Even most of us called ourselves doctors, lawyers and engineers when we were kids, but did it make us engineers? That's why you need to go deep to ascertain the truth. In my own case, I go and sample people's opinions not on the surface, but deep down, then you get to know what people really think about religion. Do you know that many people here criticising religion on nairaland are typing 'Amen! Amen! Amen!' on facebook? That's because they are not bold enough to declare their irreligious stance on a facial forum while on nairaland, they are faceless so they make their minds known. So go personally to meet people and you'd be surprised what you'll find out.
guy I don tire for arguement read wat I wrote..dat was y I said I don't judge pepo but I let God do the judgement because not all who appear to be religious are actually believe in jesus, but there are also people who don't conform to traditonal religious rules but they follow God
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 11:40am On Jul 10, 2020
bigname23:
guy I don tire for arguement read wat I wrote..dat was y I said I don't judge pepo but I let God do the judgement because not all who appear to be religious are actually believe in jesus, but there are also people who don't conform to traditonal religious rules but they follow God
Okay
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by bigname23: 11:43am On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:

I have seen SantaClus before but I don't believe in all the stories they told us about him. I have seen my secondary school Mathematics teacher before, but I don't believe in his ability to teach well. I have seen Mitsubishi tortoise car before, but I don't believe in its ability to carry me from Lagos to Abuja without breaking down. I have seen Jehovah before but I don't believe he has ability to protect me from danger because he is not powerful as the book purports. Do you now understand?

na u know oh, after u mentioned dat u have seen Jehovah and dat he is spiritual cage with allah, I just knew it will be useless arguing with u,so Bros byebye
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Ghostrye: 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
The fear of eternal fire is the beginning of religious conformance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
bigname23:
na u know oh, after u mentioned dat u have seen Jehovah and dat he is spiritual cage with allah, I just knew it will be useless arguing with u,so Bros byebye
If Jehovah, Allah, or any of these gods can actually talk from wherever they're that they're not in a cage as Otem says, the claim of OP would have been wrong.

But none of those gods can. And humans that believe in and worship these gods are the ones doing the talking.

These are the possibilities:

1. Otem is saying the truth
2. Those gods don't exist anywhere in the universe at all
3. They exist but in other planes of the universe but are not omnipresent (or omni anything), so they're not aware of the thousands of curses and insults humans that don't worship them utter against them daily.

More evidence seems to be in support of the first case. None of Jehovah, Allah, and the other gods of religions have been able to stop OP from compiling the book of histories of religions he's been working on for 4 years now.

He started the compilation of the book in 2016, and it has already reached a huge volume. And he's still working on other volumes.

If you feel it's necessary, you can get a copy of the book (the 2018 edition) and see things for yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, all religions are tools of mind control. It's all political, nothing about salvation.

Even if a person learns some mysteries of the universe and forms a new religion (or cult) around them, a wise person doesn't indulge in such a religion.

Doing so will limit a person's development, both physically and spiritually (mentally).

So, one needs to read wide and approach things with an open mind.

There are some elements of truths in every religion but the trash in each one of the religions pales in comparison with the truths in it.

In other words, the bulk of the content of any religious text (be it the Bible, Qur'an, etc.) has no real importance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ghostrye:
The fear of eternal fire is the beginning of religious conformance

Eta ntagba 9: 1-3
1. Religious fear shortens a lifespan.
2. But making findings and meditating prolongs it.
3. A god is not born but made.

Eta ntagba 14: 1-3
1. If the scribes have said that the fear of a god is the beginning of knowledge, I have come to say otherwise;
2. Therefore I say, the fear of a god is the beginning of stupidity.
3. For that same god whom you fear to death is the mock song of other people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by mmsen: 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
robinso01:
To me, religion hasn't been the problem of Nigerians, our problem is the way we accept it, Africans always overdo with religions, whites that introduced the religion to us were not as religious as we are, blacks always try to abuse everything, such as education, technology, politics, etc.
Whites that introduced education to us didn't even practices 10-14 hrs classes, but in Africa, you will see schools teaching students from 8 am to 6pm, even after the school, some parents will still enroll their children for home lesson, some schools will even organize Saturdays and Sundays lesson. Blacks don't do things accordingly like whites used to do. African churches will organized services everyday, even when Bible only mentioned about sabbath day only to be remembered, and some people will even refused to work, only to be praying to God for help, even when the Bible says " faith without work is dead. Religion wasn't meant to be sources of income, but we Africans always try to use any means as sources of income. As soon as Africans start doing things accordingly, without adding overdo to it, that's when everything can seems to be alright. Irreligious is not the solution to get Nigeria to a better place, we've seen a lot countries that are religious and are doing well, there are some countries that's not religious and are still struggling to be a better place as well.

Abuse of power, a lack of self restraint and mechanisms for accountability.
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
OtemAtum:
In all your sayings, you didn't answer this simple question and I will ask again:

Pls say yes or no.

Are not referring to the Law of the Holy Days called the Sabbath which people today, say it is Saturday?

Then I have answered the question even with an explanation and I HAVE CLEARLY DECLARED THAT IT IS GOOD TO OBEY THE LAW OF THE HOLY DAYS CALLED THE SABBATH!
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Are not referring to the Law of the Holy Days called the Sabbath which people today, say it is Saturday?

Then I have answered the question even with an explanation and I HAVE CLEARLY DECLARED THAT IT IS GOOD TO OBEY THE LAW OF THE HOLY DAYS CALLED THE SABBATH!
That means it is good to kill people who work on the so called holy day too, isn't it? grin
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2020
gensteejay:

If Jehovah, Allah, or any of these gods can actually talk from wherever they're that they're not in a cage as Otem says, the claim of OP would have been wrong.

But none of those gods can. And humans that believe in and worship these gods are the ones doing the talking.

These are the possibilities:

1. Otem is saying the truth
2. Those gods don't exist anywhere in the universe at all
3. They exist but in other planes of the universe but are not omnipresent (or omni anything), so they're not aware of the thousands of curses and insults humans that don't worship them utter against them daily.

More evidence seems to be in support of the first case. None of Jehovah, Allah, and the other gods of religions have been able to stop OP from compiling the book of histories of religions he's been working on for 4 years now.

He started the compilation of the book in 2016, and it has already reached a huge volume. And he's still working on other volumes.

If you feel it's necessary, you can get a copy of the book (the 2018 edition) and see things for yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, all religions are tools of mind control. It's all political, nothing about salvation.

Even if a person learns some mysteries of the universe and forms a new religion (or cult) around them, a wise person doesn't indulge in such a religion.

Doing so will limit a person's development, both physically and spiritually (mentally).

So, one needs to read wide and approach things with an open mind.

There are some elements of truths in every religion but the trash in each one of the religions pales in comparison with the truths in it.

In other words, the bulk of the content of any religious text (be it the Bible, Qur'an, etc.) has no real importance.

Oh! So you are a worshiper of Otematum? Interesting, yet you support him when he says you should irreligion.

And yet, you are devout to him and worship him, hence you have become an Otematumian grin and your Religion is Otematumism grin
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Oh! So you are a worshiper of Otematum? Interesting, yet you support him when he says you should irreligion.

And yet, you are devout to him and worship him, hence you have become an Otematumian grin and your Religion is Otematumism grin
You're merely making a fool of yourself by saying silly things.

Don't think everyone is foolish like you by choosing to worshipping a human or a deity. I don't worship any god/God and don't pray to anyone.

Read my signature and personal text and have some sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bible Bombshell: Jesus Christ Invented By Romans As ‘psychological Warfare’ / Prayer line ( USA ) / Iran: Pastor Sentenced To Death For Refusing To Accept Islam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.