Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Is Benin City A Safe Place? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Benin City A Safe Place? (8175 Views)

Is Sex During Pregnancy Safe? / Knowing Your Ovulation Day...... Safe And Fertile Period / Her Boyfriend Called Me: You Are Not Safe! Pls Help Me O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 10:36am On Feb 03, 2011
Is Benin City Safe?
« on: Yesterday at 09:17:20 PM »

As an origin of delta state, Warri born and brought up.
But living abroad and planing to visit home with My three kids.

Although this is nt My first Time, is just that Hubby and his parents are really scared about news hère and then on Tele how kidnappers do kidnappe whites in Portharcourt, Bayelsa, Warri, Lagos and so on.

Thé last Time i visites Nigeria with My two kids was in Warri, i had to stay in a very expensive but secured hôtel but then My mother inlaw couldn't ve rest of mind for the one month i stayed. She even fell sick Times without number so i wouldnt want it to repeat.

I do nt ve a choice because i ve to visit My family bk home.
I choosed Benin city as it is not too far from warri but i dont know if they still do kidnapping stuff there.
My kids security matters alot. Plz CAN anyone tell me if there is any of such thing in Benin?
your advice Will be appreciated thank u.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by Blueice4re(f): 10:47am On Feb 03, 2011
Your Hubby should know better.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by LilyZ(f): 10:52am On Feb 03, 2011
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by izby(m): 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2011
I would advise you to come to Benin city as i stay here and the crime rate is down, the govt has added troop to the police to ensure there is adequate security.Kidnapper nor go send u or ur kids, feel free to come to benin.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by NAJALYN: 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2011
@Poster, there is no place that is secured. But if you believe in God where ever you go, you are secured. If you wish to stay in Benin City when you come, please come. Pray for God's protection for you & your kids, knowing that He will surely grant you all His protection throughout your stay. Know that God is the only protection you can ever have. Even if a whole army guards you, you can not have the type of security you can get from God. God protect you & your family always & help you know Him better.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 6:01pm On Feb 03, 2011
Blueice4re:

Your Hubby should know better.

He only know that my country is dangerious for him and his kids for now.
Him personally will nt visit Nigeria for now. He is too scared.

Izby:
I would advise you to come to Benin city as i stay here and the crime rate is down, the govt has added troop to the police to ensure there is adequate security.Kidnapper nor go send u or your kids, feel free to come to benin.

Oh u stay in Benin, are u Edo? It will be nice to meet u. This our country dey put us for tension no be small.
How can one be scared to visit home. Apart from the kidnaping stuff, those robbers are still dangerious, na only God dey protect.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2011
NAJALYN:

@Poster, there is no place that is secured. But if you believe in God where ever you go, you are secured. If you wish to stay in Benin City when you come, please come. Pray for God's protection for you & your kids, knowing that He will surely grant you all His protection throughout your stay. Know that God is the only protection you can ever have. Even if a whole army guards you, you can not have the type of security you can get from God. God protect you & your family always & help you know Him better.

Ooups! It seems we posted at same mins lols.
U are very right but it's good not to go in a place u already know fire is burning, we don't ve to tempt the Devil.
I believe in God so I hope to be there by his grace. But warri undecided .
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by ifyalways(f): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2011
plappville:

Is Benin City Safe?
« on: Yesterday at 09:17:20 PM »

As an origin of delta state, Warri born and brought up.
But living abroad and planing to visit home with My three kids.

Although this is nt My first Time, is just that Hubby and his parents are really scared about news hère and then on Tele how kidnappers do kidnappe whites in Portharcourt, Bayelsa, Warri, Lagos and so on.

Thé last Time i visites Nigeria with My two kids was in Warri, i had to stay in a very expensive but secured hôtel but then My mother inlaw couldn't ve rest of mind for the one month i stayed. She even fell sick Times without number so i wouldnt want it to repeat.

I do nt ve a choice because i ve to visit My family bk home.
I choosed Benin city as it is not too far from warri but i dont know if they still do kidnapping stuff there.
My kids security matters alot. Plz CAN anyone tell me if there is any of such thing in Benin?
your advice Will be appreciated thank u. 

Plap u don fall Warfy hand.You wey be original warfy babe wey sabi every every dey ask dis kain Q. ?
As long as u maintain ur levels,avoid unnecessary noise and showing off,nothing do you!No where is 100% secured.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by efisher(m): 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ Poster, Benin City is OK just like anywhere else. However, I think you should exercise discretion. As someone has already said, don't make too much noise. Just do your own jeje. If you want to stay in a hotel, there are very nice ones in GRA. Benin hosts a lot of people from different parts of the world.

May God guide and protect you.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 9:53pm On Feb 03, 2011
ifyalways:

Plap u don fall Warfy hand.You wey be original warfy babe wey sabi every every dey ask dis kain Q. ?
As long as u maintain your levels,avoid unnecessary noise and showing off,nothing do you!No where is 100% secured.

grin grin grin grin Ify don kill me with laugh here ooo, I fall Wafi hand abi??
My sister no be so, the pressure was too much on me.
The worse is how my friend's Hubby who work there in Warri made it sound as if even if I work in the street with my kids they will be kidnap in hahahaha , Shoooooou!!! Person no go fit take a work for him own town again?, Ogheneme mingwo!!
The thing made my Hubby go crazy u know.
Left for me alone, I would ve prefared Wafi, but all thesame Benin can be fun also.

but wait oooo, u stay Warri b/4?? See as u break the pidkin reach grand like real Omo oton(Warri pikin).
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2011
efisher:

@ Poster, Benin City is OK just like anywhere else. However, I think you should exercise discretion. As someone has already said, don't make too much noise. Just do your own jeje. If you want to stay in a hotel, there are very nice ones in GRA. Benin hosts a lot of people from different parts of the world.

May God guide and protect you.

Thank u very much, I saw some hotels I the GRA thier prices seem good but I don't know about the environement.
Some clients in @tripadviser made good recommendation.
I will see wht I can do.

WHAT DOES THE NOISE STAND FOR??
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by efisher(m): 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2011
Yeah trip advisor is good. Although there are some other very nice ones not listed e.g. my personal best: Sage Hotel. In any case, you can book any one you're comfortable with and when you get to Benin, change to a better one.

plappville:

WHAT DOES THE NOISE STAND FOR??

What I mean is you dont have to tell everybody about your travel plans. Keep it within a few people (as neccessary). Also, when you arrive, just be cool and be yourself. I guess you know what I'm driving at now.

Cheers
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 2:10pm On Feb 05, 2011
Ok, now I get u. Thanks so much, I no fit make noise na I sabi my people lolssss.
Is Precious Palm Royal an hotel?
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by efisher(m): 6:30pm On Feb 05, 2011
Yes Precious Palm Royal Hotel is a hotel smiley . It is somewhere after UNIBEN towards Oluku. In terms of location I think it will profit you better if you stay in GRA area. There are so many you can choose from in GRA. GRA should give you better access to most things and some level of security. There is Sage, Excalibur, Constantial, etc. I have stayed at Sage and Constantial and I can tell you they offer very good services and are relatively new.I have almost become a marketer I know they usually host a good number of foreigners. I heard Excalibur is cool too. I guess you can ask someone smart to help you check them out. Im not sure of thier websites but u could google them. Anyone you choose, you can book online but pay when you get there.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by efisher(m): 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2011
Hey, I just found this thread on Nairaland for you on this topic: Hotels in Benin City. Check it out and see what other nairalanders have posted in the past.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-307870.0.html

I hope it helps.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 6:47pm On Feb 05, 2011
Thank u very much for these infos, I sure appreciate.
I will just try and check on the names u gave me and see whice one is suitable for us. I would really like a place where the kids can at least run around ex (play ground facilities.)
that Htel close to Uniben is out of question, it will be noisy I guess.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2011
efisher:

Hey, I just found this thread on Nairaland for you on this topic: Hotels in Benin City. Check it out and see what other nairalanders have posted in the past.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-307870.0.html

I hope it helps.

Ok I go in there! Thanks.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by efisher(m): 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2011
It's not that Precious Palm Royal is so close to UNIBEN. In fact it is very quiet and big enough for all the play you desire. The downside is that it is a bit cut off from the main town compared to the others and there could be some terrible traffic in the evenings. I also dont know the current state of facilities but at a time it was one of the best. The others in GRA also have enough space but not half as much as Precious Palm Royal because it was once a Palm Plantation! I know there is a very nice environment and all at Sage. (I will start charging Sage for this advert I am doing here o. I think it's because they really made an impression on me!)
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by Eveoeve(f): 7:20pm On Feb 05, 2011
Benin is a quiet city to be in. I was born there and I currently live there. Well, just like others have said, i'll advice u to keep a low profile any where u are and hav fun quietly. That way, there'll be nothing to worry abt. Also commit ur stay into God's hands. Wish u all d best.

www.naturekay..com
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 7:21pm On Feb 05, 2011
I just checked (Constantial)& (vichi) I they are very nice on like the Europe standard waoooh, I am proud withwhat I saw.
I think in Nigeria if u ve ur money u will ve the best service u want.
I saw the prices of Vichi but not that of  Constantial.
I will check Sage and update u.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by efisher(m): 7:33pm On Feb 05, 2011
You can even check out these locations on google maps. Just type in the name of the hotel and search. For example, go to the link http://maps.google.co.uk then search for:

Precious Palm Royal Benin City Nigeria or
Sage Hotel Benin City Nigeria etc.

It will show you the location. You can even switch to satellite view and have fair picture of what is on ground. Pan around and see for yourself. The only limitation is that you may not see the satellite view clearly but it gives you an idea of relative position of the hotels. Notice also that hotels in GRA are closer to the airport. Enjoy!
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2011
True talk, all thé hôtel i ve seen are close to thé AirPort, this is an advantage.
But this Sage hôtel is very expensive.
OMG!!!!, I thought there were nô good companies in
Benin how Côme they ve Nice hôtels as expensive as thé western world.
Our politicians are théir petronizing clients loools.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by breathless(m): 1:01pm On Feb 07, 2011
Baffi (benin) is not free from any of the vices mentioned earlier. But as proper warri babe, u no suppose shake na. E b like say jamo don dilute ur blood.

Where u don hear say dem thief hawk pikin? E no possible na! Those ur children suppose know their roots, culture and tradition. Come Blend dem wella 4 waffi. Infact, relocate come Enerhen junction make dem dey see activities. U go surprise to see dem dey happy all over the place.

Ojuju no dey flog ojuju. shou? Biko bring dem come warri. Nuthin dey happen. Enuf kpiance full baffi. Anyhow e be, ogoron must jump and abaka must fly. Nor rish.

Safe journey.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2011
breathless:

Baffi (benin) is not free from any of the vices mentioned earlier. But as  proper warri babe, u no suppose shake na. E b like say jamo don dilute your blood.

Where u don hear say dem thief hawk pikin? E no possible na! Those your children suppose know their roots, culture and tradition.  Come Blend dem wella 4 waffi. Infact, relocate come Enerhen junction make dem dey see activities. U go surprise to see dem dey happy all over the place.
Ojuju no dey flog ojuju. shou? Biko bring dem come warri. Nuthin dey happen. Enuf kpiance full baffi.  Anyhow e be, ogoron must jump and abaka must fly. Nor rish.
Safe journey.

See Correct Wafferian dey yan, , i nô need person to tell me.
Anyway shall, i appreciate your advice but u only look thé thing 4rom My own angle.
Like i said befor in My previews post, lesft for me alone i go Côme Waffi e go dey better but as Hubby dey fear, i get to do things properly. As for thé plenty Kpiance wen dey Baffi, i nô send dém oooo, them nô fit reach My end as we nô relate lols.
But wait oooo, Kpiance dey everywhere for 9ja nô be only Baffi !!! Na God dey protect shall.
My blood never dilute ooo, i still dey flow inside thé river, just that once person don marry get kids, she go mello down small.
Thé young shall grow. U do sea for your advice thank u so much.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by breathless(m): 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2011
No wan. Fire down. But tell Bros make e hold im mind. Even Whitie 4 waffi dey hold ground enter ground. Some dey even collect deve.

Anyway, do am how e want am. Na respect. Una safe journ.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2011
Thank u!
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by MaiSuya(m): 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2011
Benin safe? Had my university education there. . .

KAI! that place hot pass fire. 7pm sharp, evrybodi go run to their house for fear the unknown. Robbery, kidnapping, cult activities is so common that its assumed to be normal!

Botttom line take care!
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2011
Mai Suya:

Benin safe? Had my university education there. . .

KAI! that place hot pass fire. 7pm sharp, evrybodi go run to their house for fear the unknown. Robbery, kidnapping, cult activities is so common that its assumed to be normal!

Botttom line take care!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, This sounds scaring though. But I just put my trust in God na him dey protect.
I ve no business with cultist or robbers. I no buy, I no sell na visit I dey go for .
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by lovelight: 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2011
it iss the same as whereecer u visit crime everywhere
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by plappville(f): 9:44pm On Mar 21, 2011
If u have any info on these hotels kindly brief me, i am looking for their contacts to join them on phone. and if u can help me with their phone numbers i will be greatful. Its urgent.

Randekhi Royal Hotel, ;price and phone number
Motel Benin Plaza, ;price and phone number
Excalibur Benin Hotel, price and phone number
and also if the enviroment can be good for kids to fun.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by snowdrops(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2011
I have stayed in randeki, excalibur, vichi gates. all are above average for benin standard. randeki can be noisy on some occasions. went to sage, and like yourself pulled out quick quick because of the price. this was N11,000 for the cheapest room per night and this was 2 years ago.

i am not sure if this information is still relevant, but i enjoyed the thread.
Re: Is Benin City A Safe Place? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
Plappville, you're a Warri sister? shocked

And yes, me sef still sabi knack pidgin well well! So 'ow far? You still land Baf, or Waffi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home / When The Right One Loves You Right. / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.