Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

What Does Buhari Do For A Living? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Buhari Do For A Living? (9204 Views)

Today March 28, It's Exactly A Year We Voted For Buhari, Do You Regret? / What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? / What Does Buhari Do For A Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 04, 2011
Genbuhari3:

now i am convinced that GEJ and PDP are trying to take over nairaland through BEAF, NSIMAN, JOHNDOE and the other thieves. can you imagine this beaf has been posting consistently for close to 24 hrs now? funny enough nsiman and other usernames of Beaf too.

I am beginning to believe this guy is yahoo yahoo leaving on the internet and feeding fat on GEJ Fantasy and money
What are you afraid of? common come back and let us deal with where this Shria and Jihad Lord do for a living.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by dayokanu(m): 8:11am On Feb 04, 2011
Ordinary University lecturer not even a professor, Declares $2.4 as assets.

Has he been selling hand outs?

Has he been embezzling research funds,

Has he been sponsoring MEND activities(Since he knows so much about MEND).

Has he been looting Bayelsa together with Alamieyeseigha

Has he been giving visitors "transport fare"?

Has he been giving delegates $7,000 for votes

Has he been cleaning out excess crude accounts?

E ba mi kigbe Ole o Ole ole ole

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/ZiVX-0Tcf58[/flash]
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 04, 2011
Katsumoto:

That can't be right for several reasons
1. OBJ and Shehu Yaradua were in power when that money disappeared
2. Buhari was a professional soldier at that time with no political appointment
3. Fela actually wrote that song for OBJ and Yaradua

It is alleged that it was Yaradua and Atiku who actually took the money. At that time, Atiku was the NPA top dog. It is claimed that the money, or parts of it, was literarily shipped out. I would question such a moronic way of laundering money but when I remember how much physical cash that Abacha kept at home, I wouldn't be surprised if the story is true. Remember this was in 1978 and Abacha's case was in the 90s.
Of course Buhari was appointed the Minister of Petroleum,so he must have known about the money
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by dayokanu(m): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2011
e bami kigbe Ole Ole ole ole barawo

Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Myself2(m): 8:45am On Feb 04, 2011
In fairness to mallam buhari,I've heard he doesn't have so much in the area of material acquisition(and he's not the only Nigerian that fits that bill,hence it doesn't guarantee and express passage to the presidency),so if you're wondering where his campaign funds are coming from,I'd say forget it.Anybody can fund an aspirant,even criminals and terrorists.If the aspirant would rather not accept funding from the latter group,all they need do is to use fronts(if they believe so much in the aspirant)knowing full well that most aspirants the world over(Obama's America inclusive) really don't like digging deep to verify the source(s) of most of their campaign donations
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Ibime(m): 9:33am On Feb 04, 2011
There should be at least one person out there who can say Buhari gave or collected bribe from him.

So through all this conjecture, one thing we know is that if Buhari chopped, he chopped alone.

Unlike GEJ who shares our ECA with every Dele, Gate and Bakare.

We also don't need to resort to conjecture to know what GEJ does for a living. In ONE SINGLE MONTH, his wife has been caught stealing two seperate wads of $1m and $13m. That was as Governor. Now his thieving is in billions.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by rasputinn(m): 9:48am On Feb 04, 2011
^^^
Com on shattap Ibime,which day you and GEJ thief,if you thief,say you thief and leave GEJ alone as the man is CLEAN
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Ibime(m): 11:45am On Feb 04, 2011
rasputinn:

^^^
Com on shattap Ibime,which day you and GEJ thief,if you thief,say you thief and leave GEJ alone as the man is CLEAN

Its too early to be smoking high grade.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 11:53am On Feb 04, 2011
Ms kobo, am not saying so but as a p.wife, they have their pay, so i think else needless to allocate funds to that office cos it will go into a conduit pipeline
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 12:02pm On Feb 04, 2011
I want to knw because it seems am out dated. When did gej declare $2.4m asset, how much do d.governors earn annually, how is their allowances annually?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2011
I'm suprise to knw that buhari base his campaign on donations (beg) but i've never heard him/his campaign managers organise a fund raising dinner to this effect, abi him de do like the almajiri de do?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2011
I'm suprise to knw that buhari base his campaign on donations (beg) but i've never heard him/his campaign managers organise a fund raising dinner to this effect, abi him de do like the almajiri de do?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by cold(m): 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2011
An interesting article i just dug up from my bookmark archive

Saving Buhari from infallibility complex

One is yet to come across any occasion when Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, former military Head of state and ANPP former Presidential candidate, ever acknowledged making a mistake or admitting that others can be as good and patriotic as he. This arrogant and narcissistic tendency is enough to irritate even Buhari’s admirers, especially the discerning ones among them.

Almost daily, Gen. Buhari is quoted by one newspaper or another as saying that Nigeria is on the verge of collapse because he was not elected President. Unfortunately, he blames almost everyone, except himself, for the obstacles that undermine his repeated presidential ambition. His messiah complex and the fact that he is not a team player contributed largely to his repeated political discomfiture.

He believes he is a gift from God to Nigerians and that every other opinion on politics is inferior to his own. When a man believes he is morally superior to everyone else, how do you relate with him to understand the nuances and pragmatism of politics? As is common with most fanatics, it is impossible to reason with Buhari. In fact, Bernard Shaw was right when he said, [b]“fanatics don’t hold opinions; their opinions holds them.” [/b]The

silent but sometimes open contempt that Buhari has for fellow politicians, makes one wonder why he is in politics in the first place. Karl Marx brilliantly argued that “in politics you must form alliance with the devil to achieve the cause.”

Is politics an alliance of saints? May be Gen. Buhari thinks so! And if he does, then even the ANPP is not morally fit to accommodate him. He believes ANPP governors are thieves, yet he expects them to bankroll his presidential campaign efforts. Gen. Buhari doesn’t have the colossal resources needed to campaign and he therefore badly needs the support of Governors and other rich men of his party to campaign effectively across the country.

It is on record that he alienated ANPP Governors and other financial backers because of his disdain for them. His personal popularity alone didn’t help him to have his candidate emerge as the National Chairman of the ANPP. The candidate nominated by the Governors eventually emerged the party National Chairman. Consensus and compromise are not in Gen. Buhari’s dictionary; hence it is not surprising why his presidential ambition suffers frequent set - backs.

Politics is beyond good intentions and Gen. Buhari needs to take a hard look at his chimerical approach to politics. He once boasted that he would never have anything to do with politics but once he ultimately found himself in it, he must attune himself to the reality of it.

Ploughing a lonely furrow is not in the nature of politics because you need allies and friends and of course the men of substance or means. When U.S Republicans were out for former President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky sex scandal, despite his public apology, a pro- democratic lady wrote to Time Magazine condemning the hypocrisy of politicians. She argued that if American insists on rigid moral standards in politics, they should vote for a Pope in the next election!

Defining politics within rigid moral standards can run into practical difficulties. For example, the Bible says we should love our enemies! But in the reality of politics, that is almost always difficult to practice. Gen. Buhari himself is known to be vindictive and that explains why he has a deep-seated grudge against Gen. Babangida for removing him from power. Despite all the semblance of reconciliation with Babangida, his animosity against the Minna General still runs deep, at least privately. But the same Buhari forgot that he toppled former President Shehu Shagari and threw him into detention despite his proven honesty. Yet Shagari was ready to put that behind him and relate with Gen. Buhari cordially.

Gen. Buhari is a bundle of contradictions. He once described politics as dirty and that he would not touch it with the bargepole. But today he is neck-deep in politics. Prior to his involvement in politics, Gen. Buhari engaged in many tactless acts. For example, he triggered a controversy when he was quoted to have urged Muslims to vote for fellow Muslim politicians during a book launch in Sokoto. Despite the grave implications of such tactless comment from a former Head of state, Gen Buhari felt no need to publicly deny the report. Instead, concerned friends and other opinion leaders had to reach out to Gen. Buhari personally to verify the report. Rev. Mathew Hassan Kukah was one of those concerned leaders that met Buhari to confirm the allegation.

His indifference to the controversy was damaging his reputation insidiously, but he didn’t realize the extent of that damage until he joined the 2003 presidential race. Gen. Buhari found himself stopping over at churches in the course of his electioneering campaign to reassure Christians that he was quoted out of context. One of his arguments was that he spoke in Hausa and the reporter who quoted him doesn’t understand the language to accurately represent his opinion.

Unfortunately, such damage control church visits didn’t significantly change Gen. Buhari’s perception as a religious bigot who shouldn’t be trusted to rule a multi- ethnic and multi- religious country like Nigeria. His desperate church visits were like locking the stable door after the horse has bolted! His reassurances to Christians didn’t cut any ice with those having serious doubts about his broad-mindedness and liberal attitude in a complex society like Nigeria. Consequently, majority of the predominantly Christian south was not ready to stake their votes with Gen. Buhari. In fact, his political rivals even exploited his tactless comment by printing posters, portraying him as a man determined to Islamize Nigeria. Such contagion of fear about Gen. Buhari spread out of control across the south and among Christian minorities of the north. Despite the unpopularity of Gen. Obasanjo in 2003, Christians would rather elect him for second term than trust Gen. Buhari to replace him.

Obsessed with a messiah moral superiority complex, Gen. Buhari is not even ready to come to terms with his own problems. Many fear that he would have been worse than Obasanjo and would have had difficulties working with the National Assembly and other politicians. His obdurate posture and a stubborn conviction of being the best for Nigeria wouldn’t allow him appreciate the virtues in other politicians. How do you then save Gen. Buhari from himself and make him accept the limitation of his style in politics?

In his broadcast during the military coup that brought him to power on December 31 1983, Gen, Buhari declared as follows: “the last general election could be anything but free and fair; all the political parties rigged the election according to the resources available to them.” That was Gen. Buhari in his own words 25 years ago and one wonders whether his entry into politics has changed that reality. Both ANPP (his own party) and the PDP rig according to their strengths or resources.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by cold(m): 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2011
It is most unlikely that Gen. Buhari would have accepted any allegations of rigging if the ANPP had won the 2003 presidential election. But the truth is that no party in Nigeria can claim superior morality over others where rigging is concerned. In Africa, people do not always go into politics for the sake of offering honest service but for private gain: hence the desperation to seek public office by hook or crook. If Gen. Buhari finds the existing parties as too dirty to meet his tough moral standards, he has the option to establish his own party. But does he have the resources to do so without the support of well-to-do Nigerians? And if he is ready to receive such donations from rich men, is he ready to question the sources of their wealth so as not to taint his reputation? Again, he if doesn’t need funding from crooks, does he have the capacity to raise funds from the voluntary donations of low income citizens just as Barack Obama did in the U.S.? Is Gen. Buhari ready to re evaluate his attitude to politics within the prism of common sense and pragmatism?

The way and manner Gen. Buhari behaves, creating the impression that he is the personification of democracy, leaves many discerning Nigerians asking whether the Daura General realizes the many contradictions in his politics. When he came to power in December 1983, Gen. Buhari didn’t unfold any plan to return Nigeria to democratic rule until he was toppled in a palace coup, led by his then Chief of army staff, Gen. Babangida. Ironically, this same man who didn’t believe in democracy or the will of the people is today arrogating to himself the champion of democracy,

Gen. Buhari believes only in his own virtues; he doesn’t recognize the merit in others. When he sought the ANPP presidential ticket in 2003, many other contestants were forced to step down for him, including Alhaji Umaru Shinkafi, Mr. John Nwodo and Rochas Okorocha. Many Nigerians believed that blackmailing contestants to step down is not democratic and Gen. Buhari benefited from that unfair arrangement all the same. Igbo politicians that sought the ANPP platform to realize their presidential ambitions felt frustrated by the idea of being forced to step down for Buhari and that the party is not for all Nigerians.

Despite the selection of the late Dr. Chuba Okadigbo as Gen. Buhari’s running mate, the ANPP didn’t make any significant in-road in the southeast to neutralize the PDP. In politics, you must contend with other interests. The manner Gen. Buhari was foisted on the party in 2003 left the Igbos with grudges against the party and it paid dearly for that miscalculation. There are even fears going by the utterances of Gen. Buhari’s supporters, that the new National Democratic Movement initiated by former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Bafarawa, may run into rough waters. Even as the new opposition movement is just evolving, General Buhari’s supporters are already touting him as the inevitable choice for presidential candidate of the alliance.

Emerging press interviews and opinion articles rooting for Buhari’s candidature is like jumping the gun. Buhari’s supporters should allow the initiative consolidate before deciding the choice of presidential candidate which will be decided by more complex factors than General Buhari’s stubborn conviction of being the only one suitable to become the movement’s presidential candidate. Such posturing of Buhari’s supporters at this stage could only play into the hands of the PDP.

Considering Gen. Buhari’s stubborn conviction about his perceived unassailable moral credentials, it is unlikely if he will ever compromise his ambition for anyone else. He is not even interested in confidence building process with the rest of other Nigerians who perceive him as too narrow –minded to fit into the complex challenge of leading a diverse country like Nigeria. His careless attempt to play to the gallery during the controversy over the introduction of sharia in 2000 created crisis of confidence for the former military ruler among other Nigerians.

He publicly dissociated himself with the efforts of the National Council of State to douse the sharia tension by trying to work out a rational option for its implementation without creating problems socially and politically. With these antecedents, Gen. Buhari has a heavy political baggage to ever win the trust of Nigerians to be a President. While he is busy attacking either the competence or integrity of other political leaders, Gen. Buhari is blithely ignorant of his own serious personal political obstacles. The north alone cannot make Gen. Buhari a President. National electability is a factor Buhari and his fanatical supporters pretend does not exist. Gen. Buhari believes he is the best politician to salvage Nigeria but let him be reminded of the words of Dennis Howley who said “expecting the world to treat you fairly because you think you are good is like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.”
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2011
@ cold, thats a good one! Thumb up
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Genbuhari3: 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2011
keep the propaganda going!

I leave you with Buhari's words

'let them continue to tell lies about me while I continue to say the truth about them'

keep it coming. the wise one will not reply with same lies
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by mbulela: 4:51pm On Feb 04, 2011
how can buhari steal 2.8 billion dollars and have that kind of long neck and hungry look?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Ordinary University lecturer not even a professor, Declares $2.4 as assets.

Has he been selling hand outs?

Has he been embezzling research funds,

Has he been sponsoring MEND activities(Since he knows so much about MEND).

Has he been looting Bayelsa together with Alamieyeseigha

Has he been giving visitors "transport fare"?

Has he been giving delegates $7,000 for votes

Has he been cleaning out excess crude accounts?

E ba mi kigbe Ole o Ole ole ole

Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by kcjazz(m): 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2011
As per him calling on muslims to vote their fellows, if I had a penny for everytime I have heard "vote for christians only" in church, I would be a multi millionaire by now grin and that includes the catholic church.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2011
I repeat, how much do gov'nors and d.gov'nors earn anually including allowances? Note that feeding is sponsored by the states
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Genbuhari3: 5:14pm On Feb 04, 2011
NSIMAN,

Just shut it!

My junior Brother went to Nigerian Military School Zaria - a secondary school. and for being an EX-BOY of that school, he collects monthly allowance of NGN 50,000 for the rest of his useful life! And maybe I should ask him how he has been feeding since!

Talkless of a major general! Wake up guy. the military earn well especially the officers
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Dede1(m): 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2011
@OP

Anybody who poses a question seeking to know what a retiree does for a living is compound fool. Why it is so that whatever Nigerians do not agree or subscribe seemed to drive them sentimentally crazy?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2011
^^Buhari had simply stated in response to a question on , that people should vote for people they can trust.
kcjazz:

As per him calling on muslims to vote their fellows, if I had a penny for everytime I have heard "vote for christians only" in church, I would be a multi millionaire by now grin and that includes the catholic church.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Olaedo1: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2011
Buhari makes his money in an honest and fare way,stop trying to paint him in a bad light. If you don't know, he has a company which makes Qurans. Each comes with a free rocket launcher. He's believed to record a high surplus due to the uprisings going on in the Arab world.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On Feb 04, 2011
Can someone explain how a University PhD holder has $2.4m as assets.

Hmm No wonder he knew all the militants one on one.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by KunleOshob(m): 6:21pm On Feb 04, 2011
@dede1
It is you and your whole lineage that are compound fools, if you bothered to read the OP and you understand english comprehension your peanut sized brain would have told you that the question is in the context of how he can afford to finance his presidential campaigns on a routine basis.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by honeric01(m): 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Can someone explain how a University PhD holder has $2.4m as assets.

Hmm No wonder he knew all the militants one on one.

S p o n s o r lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2011
Nsiman:

I repeat, how much do gov'nors and d.gov'nors earn anually including allowances? Note that feeding is sponsored by the states

Governors do not make millions of dollars annually, even in allowances.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by tyson55(m): 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2011
how can buhari steal 2.8 billion dollars and have that kind of long neck and hungry look?

LMAO grin
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Kobojunkie: 2:02am On Feb 05, 2011
Nsiman:

Have you tried researching to actually find out?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by fstranger1: 2:50am On Feb 05, 2011
^^^^

Have you?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by dayokanu(m): 3:56am On Feb 05, 2011
^^ Ki lon worry e? Free omo yen jo. Awo mi ni cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northerners Given Ultimatum To Quit Niger Delta By Militants / Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. / How FG Plans To Boost Export With ₦50 Billion ESP Funding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.