Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States (68709 Views)

Ogun State Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB / JAMB 2018: Top 10 States With Highest Number Of Registered UTME Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by AreaFada2: 9:30am On Jul 11, 2020
loneprof:

If this is the case, then why are you advocating for foreign graduates to return home to nothing?

You're actually contradicting yourself...
Advocate ke?
I didn't return home so why should I advocate?

I just generally posit that education abroad offers lots of things that fit into the modern life of serious countries. Nigeria clearly isn't a serious country.

To me Nigeria is like returning to Victorian society. With so much glaring poverty and a few powerful people can operate and suppress with impunity.

Whoever wants to return or stay is their own personal decision.

Ko Kan ye.
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by seanwilliam(m): 9:33am On Jul 11, 2020
Nukilia:

grin cheesy Now, I have a problem with that statement! Why should Africa be missing in very important conversations like this?
bro , me and you know that Nigeria doesnt count in important matter like this grin

1 Like

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2020
AreaFada2:

Advocate ke?
I didn't return home so why should I advocate?
I just generally posit that education abroad offers lots of things that fits into the modern life of serious countries.

To me Nigeria is like returning to Victorian society. With so much glaring poverty and a few powerful people can operate and suppress with impunity.

Whoever wants to return or stay is their own personal decision.

Ko Kan ye.

Ehen.... Now you're talking. We all know the exposure that comes from traveling, it's mostly about traveling and residing in a foreign country, than studying there. If you live in a developed country, you're bound to see and learn so many things from the environment that aren't even available here.

2 Likes

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Angelfrost(m): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2020
coputa:
oh, that's too much na,so you mean Africans do not contribute anything.but why can't they have a change of mindset.

Africans contribute the very same thing any and every other migrating nation or continent does, nothing special.

If we were that indispensable, we would not need to be desperate in our immigration approach. These countries would not even make it Herculean for us to get visas. They would be extending numerous invitations to us to come in.

I have said it over and over again... The most respected nations are those whose citizens feel comfortable and well off living in their own countries... They don't travel except for strictly knowledge, tourism, or pleasure, and will never overstay their allotted period. You don't see them trying desperately to enter Europe or America... Trump can never insult them in any way... I can bet you, he respects them greatly!!!

More restrictions will spring up across America and Europe as time goes on... There is a limit to everything in this life... I believe most nations have taken as much as they can accommodate... We have to put our nation and continent in order before it's completely too late.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by stagger: 9:40am On Jul 11, 2020
EVILFOREST:
See wetin YAHOO boys wey dey Naija and Abroad don cause...
When I was screaming and shouting, people were attacking me.
NAIRA means NOTHING to these Countries built with Hard- Currencies.....
They can ban you any day, any time.
They already know your worth.
Very soon NIGER and CHAD will ban Nigerian Students.
STUDENT VISA don red.
POLITICIANS children don Red be that. Politicians should send their kids to the moon 4 studies.

what are you talking?
This new policy is targeted at China. So with all that has been happening in the world and the news headlines, you still do not know?

1 Like

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Deepocean(m): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2020
No European country is found among the tope 10. Europe as a continent had developed their countries to the level that they don't need to travel abroad to acquire knowledge. Kudos to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nukilia: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2020
dario078:

Even China's president's daughter is studying in the US. The US should ban Chinese students from studying aeronautical engineering, software engineering, automobile engineering, biotechnology, etc.
Those students are sponsored by China's surveillance state to acquire American know how, science and technology.

Oh Laws! You are wicked! Terrible and I feel really disgusted about people like you! How dare you make such statement @emboldened.

Typical African mindset! You think every country is a misfit like your African country? Where the hell did people like you get your reasoning from?

grin grin grin you're just impossible
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Tuxpera: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2020
lekki1444:
the brainwashed. colonial mentality. my mechanic schooled in osun state. that boy can fix cars better than all the mechanics i encountered in the USA and EUROPE

LOLZZZ COME TO THINK OF IT I GOT THE MECHANIC FROM NAIRALAND CAR SECTION grin grin

Nice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Mac2016(m): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2020
PDSI:
For those of us that are still in Nigeria.

Take advantage of the break... Equip yourself today... Check my Signature on how you can transform your career in 20days.
I want to learn Prota. Can you help
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nukilia: 9:52am On Jul 11, 2020
seanwilliam:
bro , me and you know that Nigeria doesnt count in important matter like this grin

Chai! grin grin grin But our leaders are also sponsoring Nigerians on scholarship to America, but we are not able to put things together here grin grin grin
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by joepepsy(m): 9:54am On Jul 11, 2020
Come home to do what? a country that cannot fix electricity since 1914,a country where abnormal is normal, no value for life, criminals everywhere,lazy and unproductive young men and women,lazy bunch of people who just want fast money without work. Imagine coming back home to start generator before I can use electricity....gerara here!!!!!!!!
ModestGal:
The Indians also like travelling, if you see the way they force themselves to learn English and pass IELTS, some would write IELTS 20times.

They are hustlers just like Nigerians, in fact, they like to Japa more than Nigerians

But please, whenever you all go and study abroad, try to come back home and if you can't, thank God this is the time of social media, try to make impact at home. Its not compulsorily you impact by sending people money, there are several other ways. Let us see the benefit of you studying at Harvard and Oxford, don't let it be a waste. You went there to study for you to use that knowledge to help your people, we've had so many Nigerians that graduated from Harvard, Oxford and many of them are waste. The essence of Education and exposure is to learn how some people do things and bring that knowledge home to share.
Its surprising that many of our proffesors that studied abroad only use it as a means of boosting their Ego alone, ''I studied at Harvard'', ''I studied at Oxford'' Who e help? The essence is to start such in your home countries where you lecture. We should have had the likes of Harvard, Oxford by now, if only they brought those knowledge home, even to treat STUDENTS as human beings is a problem for them, and they all see how they treat students in advanced countries that they studied.

Please please, we are tired of this, remember your generation would ask you where they are from and would love to connect home, many black children now search for where they are from and do ancestry DNA test, so don't think, I would JAPA and never step foot into this country, so I don't care if it rots. If it rots, your great grandchildren would be ashamed of home and their origin, don't make them suffer that emotional pains. Remember Home and contribute your part. God bless you

Check my signature and chat me up to help you boost your business/sales or to promote yourself.
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by seanwilliam(m): 10:00am On Jul 11, 2020
Nukilia:

Chai! grin grin grin But our leaders are also sponsoring Nigerians on scholarship to America, but we are not able to put things together here grin grin grin

To make this country better on time, we need to start from the top oloun .. brother naija don worst.. sometimes if I dey read foreign news, I dey always cry inside say dem born me here

1 Like

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Investnow2017: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2020
sammysneh:
when will Nigeria get to this standard..
When we throw away all our generators cheesy
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Gerrard59(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2020
nairaman66:
The list only represents population strength of the top ten!

Example- China has over 1B people, so it’s understandable for the student figure in the USA to be high.

Indonesia is more populated than Japan and South Korea combined yet isn't in the top ten. It's the sheer number of people from a particular country who can afford education in the US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by AFvckingAlpha(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2020
Crispels:

Most of the African students in the US are Nigerians but in comparison to countries from other continents, Nigeria is not among the top 10 countries of origin of international students in the US. Nigeria is among the top 15 tho.

Story, who say make you explain angry
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Jaqenhghar: 10:28am On Jul 11, 2020
The chinese are everywjere. Even in Europe na dem full every institution. I went to British museum I think say na China I dey grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by DAVE5(m): 10:37am On Jul 11, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Guest14(m): 10:37am On Jul 11, 2020
University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign. Majority of the comp sci graduates at Microsoft came from this university, said one report
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 11, 2020
Nukilia:

cheesy grin grin dont get so irritated... Do you know how many Africans are studying in China?

Africans go to China to study cause they feel like it's better than theor countries.. Chinese go to America to study cause they feel like it's better than theor country.. .. that's it..

1 Like

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by kamossreal(m): 10:45am On Jul 11, 2020
ModestGal:
The Indians also like travelling, if you see the way they force themselves to learn English and pass IELTS, some would write IELTS 20times.

They are hustlers just like Nigerians, in fact, they like to Japa more than Nigerians

But please, whenever you all go and study abroad, try to come back home and if you can't, thank God this is the time of social media, try to make impact at home. Its not compulsorily you impact by sending people money, there are several other ways. Let us see the benefit of you studying at Harvard and Oxford, don't let it be a waste. You went there to study for you to use that knowledge to help your people, we've had so many Nigerians that graduated from Harvard, Oxford and many of them are waste. The essence of Education and exposure is to learn how some people do things and bring that knowledge home to share.
Its surprising that many of our proffesors that studied abroad only use it as a means of boosting their Ego alone, ''I studied at Harvard'', ''I studied at Oxford'' Who e help? The essence is to start such in your home countries where you lecture. We should have had the likes of Harvard, Oxford by now, if only they brought those knowledge home, even to treat STUDENTS as human beings is a problem for them, and they all see how they treat students in advanced countries that they studied.

Please please, we are tired of this, remember your generation would ask you where they are from and would love to connect home, many black children now search for where they are from and do ancestry DNA test, so don't think, I would JAPA and never step foot into this country, so I don't care if it rots. If it rots, your great grandchildren would be ashamed of home and their origin, don't make them suffer that emotional pains. Remember Home and contribute your part. God bless you

Check my signature and chat me up to help you boost your business/sales or to promote yourself.

Well said .....U too much ....GOD no go shame us
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by martineverest(m): 10:57am On Jul 11, 2020
dario078:

Even China's president's daughter is studying in the US. The US should ban Chinese students from studying aeronautical engineering, software engineering, automobile engineering, biotechnology, etc.

Those students are sponsored by China's surveillance state to acquire American know how, science and technology.
trump just restricted Chinese people from getting visas to USA
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 11, 2020
okewumi:

I respect Chinese.

I remembered when l went for training. Most countries on attendance sent two representatives, Chinese sent sixteen and an interpreter.

During the training class especially control learning, they will bring out their camera and start snapping sensitive information/chips on electronics boards.
I fear those guys oo. They might overtake US in future

They will never overtake the US. What makes the US so special is that they invite the best brains in the world to work for them. And the fact that English is the lingua franca of the world, makes the US even more appealing for scientists and professionals around the world.

US is the only country where any foreigner can come in, work hard and live the American dream. Elon Musk, a South African, is now the 6th richest man in the world. This wouldn't have been possible if he hadn't moved to America.

When our doctors, nurses, scientists etc leave the country, where do they go to? Definitely not China. China believes it doesn't need global talent. It believes it can steal western technology and improve on it. On the other hand, America would go to any length to bring a foreigner abroad to work in the US. That's what makes America great.

I'm sure 80% of Nigerians would choose America if they are asked to choose to live in America or China. This goes for other countries as well. Even citizens of anti-American countries want to go to the US.

America's diversity is what makes it the greatest country in the world. Every country on Earth has a community in the US. China will no doubt make tremendous progress and probably overtake the US in terms of GDP, but it won't be forever. The US can absorb more migrants to boost its population, but China can't. When US population increases, they'll become more powerful.

3 Likes

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 11, 2020
martineverest:
trump just restricted Chinese people from getting visas to USA

I support this policy.
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Sirwallace(m): 11:06am On Jul 11, 2020
America become what they are today as a result of those immigrant you claimed are stealing their technology.

Did Elon musk came to America to steal their technology? Dude came and got the American dream. What of Eric Yuan? the guy who made zoom.

Oh Eric Carnegie was a turkish, but he started building the skyscrapers you see in the US today.

I just read a microsoft power BI and DAX book authored by Alberto Ferrari and Marco Alonso. Do those name sound like Americans? But these guys mentor users of those tools in the US and world over because they help created it in Microsoft.

Just think about it, how diversify the American society is. They have Asian, Europeans, Africans either as a bonafide citizen through slavery, citizenship and otherwise. That's the uniqueness of America.

They are loads of India and Chinese techies working at various company at sillicon valley.

What America does is provide you the enable environment, protect your intellectual property, make you famous, millionaire and use your product to amass wealth and power globally.

What make America Great is the exploits of all national who came to study like those Chinese you guys are lambasting and their intellectual property.

Google a Nigerian called Babatunde Fashola ( not the minister) and u get a what I am saying.

2 Likes

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by PDSI(m): 11:12am On Jul 11, 2020
Mac2016:

I want to learn Prota. Can you help

For now we offer AutoCAD and Orion.
But I am sure you know that Orion was developed by both (CSC and Prota) I guarantee you learning Orion will make Prota easier for you as they rely on almost the same method of analysis. Though quite notably Prota is more complete with the addition of Prota steel and Prota details.

So you can try Orion 18 it does Reinforced Concrete Design Well too.
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by lekki1444: 11:12am On Jul 11, 2020
DAVE5:

Kk, a good mech is important
That guy is very good. my car drives like it was just made in the factory today. it glides down the road effortlessly. thanks to this mechanic guy. changed out my bad ignition coil, fuel pump, fuel filter, fixed my leaking AC and topped it off with freon, changed spark plugs, oil change and oil filter change, ait filter change aand air cabin filter change.. Now the car is brand new again. when i am driving down lekki epe expressway see as i dey dust everybody for road. Now the reason i had him change all those was cuz the car was parked for a year and not used so when i started to use it it was driving very rough. then i found the guy on nairaland and he turned the car new aagain. this guy will take your car apart into its component parts and put it together again expertly without missing a screw. i had to ask him where did you learn your skill ? he said he went to a mechanic school in osun state. i was impressed naija has many skilled people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Yomhie: 11:28am On Jul 11, 2020
lekki1444:
the brainwashed. colonial mentality. my mechanic schooled in osun state. that boy can fix cars better than all the mechanics i encountered in the USA and EUROPE

LOLZZZ COME TO THINK OF IT I GOT THE MECHANIC FROM NAIRALAND CAR SECTION grin grin
bro link me with that your mechanic
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by SUPOTOK(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2020
philiancoop:
Nigeria for enter top 10 if not that they no get paper
Them no get paper and them enter school dey study, how come they get admitted without proper documentation?
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by martineverest(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2020
dario078:

I support this policy.
Europeans will follow suite.especially British,French and Germans

with quantum computing incoming,china will NEvER match american prowess in technology

3 Likes

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by DAVE5(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2020
lekki1444:
That guy is very good. my car drives like it was just made in the factory today. it glides down the road effortlessly. thanks to this mechanic guy. changed out my bad ignition coil, fuel pump, fuel filter, fixed my leaking AC and topped it off with freon, changed spark plugs, oil change and oil filter change, ait filter change aand air cabin filter change.. Now the car is brand new again. when i am driving down lekki epe expressway see as i dey dust everybody for road. Now the reason i had him change all those was cuz the car was parked for a year and not used so when i started to use it it was driving very rough. then i found the guy on nairaland and he turned the car new aagain. this guy will take your car apart into its component parts and put it together again expertly without missing a screw. i had to ask him where did you learn your skill ? he said he went to a mechanic school in osun state. i was impressed naija has many skilled people

Rare talent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Billygee2u: 11:54am On Jul 11, 2020
ModestGal:

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Whobedatte(m): 11:54am On Jul 11, 2020
lekki1444:
What's his name and number
I need him to come fix my car too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Lesbians Caught At Redeemers University / Mbang Confidence Campaigns For SUG Elections In UNICAL With Free Football Views / Photo: See How A Principal Decided To Solve Exam Malpractice In His School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.