Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States (68705 Views)

Ogun State Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB / JAMB 2018: Top 10 States With Highest Number Of Registered UTME Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by lekki1444: 11:55am On Jul 11, 2020
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by lekki1444: 11:55am On Jul 11, 2020
Whobedatte:

What's his name and number
I need him to come fix my car too
https://www.nairaland.com/3620591/mobile-mechanic-lekki
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by DexterousOne(m): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2020
IMASTEX:

What then happens when those who suffer most consciously join hands with their oppressors "politicians" to constantly remained in the same level or even moving backwards. It takes two to be in agreement, the giver & the receiver.

Well said

Nigeria and Nigerians are NOT ready for development

Nigeria is anti development

Same with most of Africa
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nukilia: 11:57am On Jul 11, 2020
seanwilliam:

To make this country better on time, we need to start from the top oloun .. brother naija don worst.. sometimes if I dey read foreign news, I dey always cry inside say dem born me here

We all know that Nigeria is in a terrible state, the only fight you can fight now is for your children. We are all in this together and someday the people will fight back to rescue the nation from the wreck... grin
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
martineverest:
Europeans will follow suite.especially British,French and Germans

with quantum computing incoming,china will NEvER match american prowess in technology

The best brains in the world want to go to America. It is not true about China. America will always dominate in science and technology because of the use of English and the willingness to accommodate global talents. Nobody wants to work in China,but every country has scientists and engineers working in America and other western countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by martineverest(m): 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
dario078:

The best brains in the world want to go to America. It is not true about China. America will always dominate in science and technology because of the use of English and the willingness to accommodate global talents. Nobody wants to work in China,but every country has scientists and engineers working in America and other western countries.
with coronavirus saga, fight with India and hostility with its neighbours (Korean,Japan, Hongkong and Taiwan),china can NEVER become a world power.

if American companies move their factories to India,Vietnam and Africa,china will collapse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by paul100(m): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
This life no balance ooo.Some Nigerians are thinking of studying in Canada or China and thousands of their students are running to USA.
The difference between us and canadian or chinese going to America is they will finish there and go back to country because they know with the knowledge they have acquired in USA,the country will be better because they have good leaders that love innovative youths but what can we say for that of our country with senseless leaders.

1 Like

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by paul100(m): 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nigeria is the 11th in the list even as 1dollar to naira is very high.I am 100% sure that if $1=100.Nigeria for enter top 5.
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Kunleoyinda(m): 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
This is the right time for our leaders to think twice.

2020: THERE IS NO REASON TO REMAIN A TENANT!
With our affordable home scheme and flexible payment plan, we at Arc-view Investment Limited believe you have no reason to remain a tenant.
Ok, here again is our offer

2 Bedroom- #6.5million
3 Bedroom- #9million

Payment plan- 3 years (Interest free), get keys to your apartment at 70% payment.

Name of the estate- TREASURE island estate, Mowe/Ofada

Title: C of O.

For more information please call or WhatsApp....07084549732
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Carlyboi(m): 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
A lot of people commenting are missing something bout the Chinese and to a large extent Indians especially as regards Chinese student coming to steal and plagiarize US technology and technical know-how lol,you people think it’s that easy to plagiarize and copy you’ve got to possess the required brain power to be able to successfully replicate or make better what you have stolen,learnt or copied especially when it comes to technology it is said that the Chinese and Indians possess the highest IQ among citizens of the world that means an average Chinese and Indian is more technically and academically and intellectually more gifted than their counterparts in other countries of the world...so their advancement in technology,engineering,medical sciences and information technology is not due to plagiarism alone.

And the US is a very diverse country it’s statistically the most diverse country in the world it’s an immigrant country and it was built on the strength,sweat and blood of immigrants especially black labor,asides the native Americans the Indians,the majority of people who are known as Americans(whites) today have European ancestry which is highly dominated by people with Irish,British and Scottish origin and these people are majorly the founder fathers of America alongside the Italians afterall an Italian Christopher Columbus was touted to have discovered America even tho some sources dispute it.So in Essence Americans today are people majorly with aryan,Gaulish and Celt blood,history and ancestry they moved to America afterall America was once under British rule/colonization.So what would America be without it great immigrants?Nothing!and at the end of the day it’s only the native Americans the Indians that are aboriginals to the land or the areas called the USA Today everyone else moved to America at some point,while some had their great,great great grand parents do it for them centuries ago while some moved few decades ago and some many many years ago mass migrated just like the Italians in the 1800s

So America is for everyone and trump whose grand parents were immigrants should not stop anyone from living their American dream especially Africans/blacks cos asides the Europeans we are the race who contributed the most in building the Americas especially the United States of America.

1 Like

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by philiancoop(m): 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
SUPOTOK:
Them no get paper and them enter school dey study, how come they get admitted without proper documentation?
thought of that too but I heard there are ways around stuff like that
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by paul100(m): 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
coputa:
why can't nigerians steal their technology,bring it home and perfect it and stop being a dumping ground for goods.
Because of our dumbass senseless leaders.Some Nigerians are very innovative but our leaders don't appreciate such brilliant minds.They prefer to steal,steal and continuing stealing for them and their future generation without thinking of how the country is faring.
That why most Nigerians do not came back to help the country because they know our government will not help them.They prefer to stay in those countries like Canada,america,china etc,where their knowledge will not be wasted.

1 Like

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by biggy26: 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
ModestGal:
The Indians also like travelling, if you see the way they force themselves to learn English and pass IELTS, some would write IELTS 20times.

They are hustlers just like Nigerians, in fact, they like to Japa more than Nigerians

But please, whenever you all go and study abroad, try to come back home and if you can't, thank God this is the time of social media, try to make impact at home. Its not compulsorily you impact by sending people money, there are several other ways. Let us see the benefit of you studying at Harvard and Oxford, don't let it be a waste. You went there to study for you to use that knowledge to help your people, we've had so many Nigerians that graduated from Harvard, Oxford and many of them are waste. The essence of Education and exposure is to learn how some people do things and bring that knowledge home to share.
Its surprising that many of our proffesors that studied abroad only use it as a means of boosting their Ego alone, ''I studied at Harvard'', ''I studied at Oxford'' Who e help? The essence is to start such in your home countries where you lecture. We should have had the likes of Harvard, Oxford by now, if only they brought those knowledge home, even to treat STUDENTS as human beings is a problem for them, and they all see how they treat students in advanced countries that they studied.

Please please, we are tired of this, remember your generation would ask you where they are from and would love to connect home, many black children now search for where they are from and do ancestry DNA test, so don't think, I would JAPA and never step foot into this country, so I don't care if it rots. If it rots, your great grandchildren would be ashamed of home and their origin, don't make them suffer that emotional pains. Remember Home and contribute your part. God bless you

Check my signature and chat me up to help you boost your business/sales or to promote yourself.
Since you are in planet Jupiter, I found it hard to reach you. Or maybe I should wait for Elon musk's crew to return
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
America also steals brains from other countries
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Raydos: 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
hardbody:

No be una dey claim academic brilliance? Developers agree say dem no dey go school. Na for China and Malaysia you go see dem for business. Oya make una show una sef.

Yeye dey smell..

We claimed it in Nigeria not in US,

Nah una dey claim say una dey everywhere, So why Una no make up the list??
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by hardbody: 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
Raydos:

We claimed it in Nigeria not in US,

Nah una dey claim say una dey everywhere, So why Una no make up the list??

We dey everywhere dey hussle money. Una dey everywhere dey show purity and academic excellence, the most widely read and educated part of Nigeria...i am disappointed that you guys couldn't make the mark. If they mention hussling, we rep well. Oya claim una title na...
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Raydos: 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
hardbody:

We dey everywhere dey hussle money. Una dey everywhere dey show purity and academic excellence, the most widely read and educated part of Nigeria...i am disappointed that you guys couldn't make the mark. If they mention hussling, we rep well. Oya claim una title na...

Chinese dey everywhere dey hustle money too, And they're on the list, Likewise Indians!!

So why Una no come dey there despite claiming you're well travelled??
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
martineverest:
with coronavirus saga, fight with India and hostility with its neighbours (Korean,Japan, Hongkong and Taiwan),china can NEVER become a world power.

if American companies move their factories to India,Vietnam and Africa,china will collapse

I agree with you. China keeps pushing the wrong buttons. The former president, Hu Jintao, was a wise man. He hid China's rising power and focused on the economy. The current president, Xi Jinping, wants to be assertive, but he is going about it the wrong way.

China doesn't have the kind of friends America has and it keep picking fights with neighbouring countries. How can China compete with America when all its neighbours are America's allies? Chinese leaders are not as smart as I thought they were. They lifted 600 million people out of poverty and I thought that was really smart, but they suddenly think they are ready to lead the world and they are aggressive about it, and it's not nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Iniobong44(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
No Nigeria
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by ModestGal(f): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
biggy26:

Since you are in planet Jupiter, I found it hard to reach you. Or maybe I should wait for Elon musk's crew to return
I meant chat me up through the link in my signature
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by afube: 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
hardbody:

No be una dey claim academic brilliance? Developers agree say dem no dey go school. Na for China and Malaysia you go see dem for business. Oya make una show una sef.

Yeye dey smell..

what is this one blabbing about? you better give up that ganja that you are smoking.............!
Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by martineverest(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
dario078:

I agree with you. China keeps pushing the wrong buttons. The former president, Hu Jintao, was a wise man. He hid China's rising power and focused on the economy. The current president, Xi Jinping, wants to be assertive, but he is going about it the wrong way.

China doesn't have the kind of friends America has and it keep picking fights with neighbouring countries. How can China compete with America when all its neighbours are America's allies? Chinese leaders are not as smart as I thought they were. They lifted 600 million people out of poverty and I thought that was really smart, but they suddenly think they are ready to lead the world and they are aggressive about it, and it's not nice.
exactly...they are even losing non-allies like Brazil to USA as a result of this corona saga..they only region they got is Africa.they might lose Africaif care isn't taken

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
martineverest:
exactly...they are even losing non-allies like Brazil to USA as a result of this corona saga..they only region they got is Africa.they might lose Africaif care isn't taken

I totally agree.

1 Like

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by dangoteinlaw: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
Patrioticman007:
Its good that Dump Dumb Trump is chasing away international students from USA, as a deplorable man what do you expect ?.
This racist white president wrathful mind most be experienced by the world not only Black Americans.
Lastly for his Nigerian deplorable supporter's, he is coming for you.
if chinese is growing and their economy is booming what are they looking for in the United States? How many Americans go down to China to study. So which means all their so called technology was infact stolen from the west.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by michresakidjo(m): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
The figures from China is alarmingly shocking

I reason with Trump

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by dangoteinlaw: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kingspin:
Even the Almighty China.

This is where they steal everything and run back to China.

Is well.
shey you can testify now. Then later some fools will say China is growing and the USA is racist. Now will China allow that number of foreign students on their soil?? I so much hate the chinese politics that is don’t buy their phones or anything from them. I rather my money develope a free economy like the USA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by dangoteinlaw: 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2020
somalianprince:
America is the world's number one country. God bless America
you are spot on. America will remain on top for a very very very long time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by michresakidjo(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
if chinese is growing and their economy is booming what are they looking for in the United States? How many Americans go down to China to study. So which means all their so called technology was infact stolen from the west.
the very reason for the trade war....China is bent on taking more of U.s cutting edge technology.... according to FBI estimate, Chinese theft of intellectual property has cost U.s over $600billions dollars

Many more U.s firms also complained that they are being forced to transfer some of their tech to local firms....The reason for Trade war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by freshvine(f): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Even Jesus son Mary had Judas Iscariot as a deplorable, talkless of a Country like Nigeria.
You mentioned stay & build our country, did we invite USA, when they forced structural Adjustment programme (sap) on our heads ?.
Did we invite USA when they sponsored Coup de tat against M.R Muritala & poisoned MKO Abiola with tea by Condoliza Rice ?.
Do you think USA will allow competition for world power from Nigeria ?.
Why is USA fighting China, if not to kill of competition from any country.

United states is not fighting China anything forget the media hullabaloo. China is stealing American ingenuity and closing their borders for fair competition.

Has the Chinese invented anything of their own?

For example, China copied Facebook and called theirs Weibo and banned their citizens from using Facebook while they exploits other nations, United states is saying let create a balance and they began ranting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by afube: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nukilia:

Oh Laws! You are wicked! Terrible and I feel really disgusted about people like you! How dare you make such statement @emboldened.

Typical African mindset! You think every country is a misfit like your African country? Where the hell did people like you get your reasoning from?

grin grin grin you're just impossible

only a twisted and tribalistic African mind could have written what that misfit wrote.They think America is nigeria that maltreats vast sections of her own citizens because they are from a different tribe.

1 Like

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by dangoteinlaw: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
dario078:

Even China's president's daughter is studying in the US. The US should ban Chinese students from studying aeronautical engineering, software engineering, automobile engineering, biotechnology, etc.

Those students are sponsored by China's surveillance state to acquire American know how, science and technology.
Americans are wY ahead in everything. The reason they allow shithole chinese into their country is due to cheap labor. Those fools saying iphones are made in China don’t know that the USA needs cheap labor that’s why they had the assembly plants moved there. USA citizens hardly do minimum wage jobs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States by dangoteinlaw: 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2020
michresakidjo:
the very reason for the trade war....China is bent on taking more of U.s cutting edge technology.... according to FBI estimate, Chinese theft of intellectual property has cost U.s over $600billions dollars

Many more U.s firms also complained that they are being forced to transfer some of their tech to local firms....The reason for Trade war.
then at the end ppl refer to trump as a bad president, he’s the patriotic president every country in the world clamor for and that’s why the Chinese and Russia wants him out at alll cost.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Lesbians Caught At Redeemers University / Mbang Confidence Campaigns For SUG Elections In UNICAL With Free Football Views / Photo: See How A Principal Decided To Solve Exam Malpractice In His School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.