Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) (2064 Views)

Visa Application Centres In Abuja, Lagos Remain Open – Canadian High Commission / Canada Passport Submission To VFS For COPR / Zimbabweans React To Nigerian High-Speed Train (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) by LightandDarknes: 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
Hello all my fellow Nigerians living in Canada, on the 16th of March the Nigerian High Commission in Canada suspended passport application processing because of COVID, and on June 22nd declared they will no longer provide in-person consular services which includes passport renewal.

However this puts many Nigerians in Canada in a difficult situation, particularly Nigerians living in Canada who need to renew their passport for immigration purposes. Is anyone in this situation? Or knows anyone in this situation? Or has managed to speak to the high commission about this? What can nigerians living in canada at this time that need to renew their passport do?
Re: Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) by LightandDarknes: 4:52am On Jul 12, 2020
Just bumping this post, can anyone help?
Re: Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) by Naijaforeigner: 6:51am On Jul 22, 2020
They still process applications. Fill the forms online, make payment, take the necessary documents along and travel to Ottawa. They will attend to you.

Also, purchase a return envelope from Canada post, take it along and your new passport will sent out the next day via courier.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) by SeraSera(m): 7:11am On Aug 02, 2020
Naijaforeigner:
They still process applications. Fill the forms online, make payment, take the necessary documents along and travel to Ottawa. They will attend to you.

Also, purchase a return envelope from Canada post, take it along and your new passport will sent out the next day via courier.

Hi, is this based on your experience? I'm in the same predicament as the OP and want to be sure before I proceed to make payment.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) by SeraSera(m): 7:43am On Aug 02, 2020
LightandDarknes:
Hello all my fellow Nigerians living in Canada, on the 16th of March the Nigerian High Commission in Canada suspended passport application processing because of COVID, and on June 22nd declared they will no longer provide in-person consular services which includes passport renewal.

However this puts many Nigerians in Canada in a difficult situation, particularly Nigerians living in Canada who need to renew their passport for immigration purposes. Is anyone in this situation? Or knows anyone in this situation? Or has managed to speak to the high commission about this? What can nigerians living in canada at this time that need to renew their passport do?

Hi, I'm in the same predicament as you. Were you able to book an appointment and renew your passport?
Re: Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) by Naijaforeigner: 5:51am On Aug 03, 2020
SeraSera:

Hi, is this based on your experience? I'm in the same predicament as the OP and want to be sure before I proceed to make payment.

The information is very solid. The info is based on someone I know personally (same school, same work place).

There is another guy on nairaland by name Austacus who lives close to the Nigerian Embassy in Ottawa, you can contact him to find out further details.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) by SeraSera(m): 7:34am On Aug 03, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

The information is very solid. The info is based on someone I know personally (same school, same work place).

There is another guy on nairaland by name Austacus who lives close to the Nigerian Embassy in Ottawa, you can contact him to find out further details.

OK cool cool. Thanks for the info
Re: Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) by LightandDarknes: 6:24am On Aug 07, 2020
SeraSera:

Hi, I'm in the same predicament as you. Were you able to book an appointment and renew your passport?

Hello no we have not been able to do this yet
Re: Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) by LightandDarknes: 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2020
LightandDarknes:

I remember a few people in similar situations reaching out to me. I just wanted to share an update: https://nigeriahcottawa.ca/notice/public-notice-on-amended-passport-guidlines passport services have now resumed. Thank you to everyone who offered help and advice.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application) by kc0021: 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2020
Greetings my people, Is anyone on the verge of making payment for passport renewal?
NIS says applicants should contact them prior to making payments (image attached) but their numbers and emails don't provide any guidance.

Has anyone applied or plans to apply for a renewal?? Please let me know, cheers

(1) (Reply)

Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? / Should I Take Canadian Career Educational College -can College Admission Seriou? / South African Vacation: Education Me Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.