Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,116 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:14 AM

Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 (11081 Views)

Kamaru Usman Knocks Out Jorge Masvidal, Retains UFC Title (Photos, Video) / Lionel Messi's Father, Jorge 'Is Already In Manchester Negotiating With City' / UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Favoritedealer: 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
A dead man walking, usman no get joy na
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Dellorex(m): 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
Omo oluabi make us proud
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
Village people should for once back up a person like Usman for example instead of always bringing people down.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Dellorex(m): 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
wait make I check who go win.

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Kraspo(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
I remember the match that Kamaru won his belt.. His entrance song was "Anybody" by Burna Boy. The guy made me proud
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by ThePreachersSon: 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Just as we have always done, we failed again. Must a Nigerian always have other countries citizenship before we succeed, I'M very sure this man must have been so frustrated trying to look for sponsorship before he left.

Calm down bro, Kamaru left Nigeria when he was still young, before he even taught of fighting for a living.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by seunmsg(m): 3:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kraspo:
I remember the match that Kamaru won his belt.. His entrance song was "Anybody" by Burna Boy. The guy made me proud

That was his first title defense against Colby. He won his belt against Woodley.

1 Like

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by SaintBeehot(m): 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
ThePreachersSon:

Calm down bro, Kamaru left Nigeria when he was still young, before he even taught of fighting for a living.
If we had done the right thing, i don't see any reason why he should have left at first instance.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by SaintBeehot(m): 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
NNU0000:
Shut your trap!How sure are you that he was frustrated
Cause i can see same traits of frustration in you.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by grammarian247(m): 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
My job is to tell you how to hit the best score in Pearson Test of English (PTE). It is not the usual long sermon you hear, just tested practical steps. You do not need to buy any book from me. I'll spend just three weeks with you online and you good. 08038999587. I'm a chat or call away.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by SaintBeehot(m): 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
seunmsg:

Calm down bro, MMA is still not very popular in Nigeria and even Africa. Kamoru Usman is the first African to win a UFC belt and he achieved that feat just last year. The fact that most Nigerians are not even aware that such a big fight is happening today says it all. We don’t have the facility to produce a UFC fighter in Nigeria for now.

However, with the exploit of Usman, Adesanya, Super Sadiq etc, the sport will continue to gain popularity in Nigeria. With time, we may be able to produce champions right from Nigeria.
Thanks for making me see it from other angle, unlike those who qouted me lately. Can i stream it from my mobile device.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Kunleoyinda(m): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
Best of luck made in naija.

2020: THERE IS NO REASON TO REMAIN A TENANT!
With our affordable home scheme and flexible payment plan, we at Arc-view Investment Limited believe you have no reason to remain a tenant.
Ok, here again is our offer

2 Bedroom- #6.5million
3 Bedroom- #9million

Payment plan- 3 years (Interest free), get keys to your apartment at 70% payment.

Name of the estate- TREASURE island estate, Mowe/Ofada

Title: C of O.

For more information please call or WhatsApp....07084549732

TREASURE ISLAND Estate, Mowe/ofada is located along Sagamu Interchange very close to International Brewery. The estate follows the theme of our existing estate series in terms of serenity, ambiance, security, notch housing structures and amazing infrastructures.

What are you waiting for?. Buy now!
You can join us every Friday and Saturday for a visit to the estate.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Didi2d(m): 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
GboyegaD:
How would the organizers make their money in this post covid era with social distancing.

Abu Dhabi them go sponsore. Take note, this fight is gonna take place in Dubai, fight island
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Didi2d(m): 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Just as we have always done, we failed again. Must a Nigerian always have other countries citizenship before we succeed, I'M very sure this man must have been so frustrated trying to look for sponsorship before he left.

He left naija at a young age, can't really say what age. But I know his father has been in the US for a very long time, probably 80s or early 90's
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by SaintBeehot(m): 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Didi2d:

He left naija at a young age, can't really say what age. But I know his father has been in the US for a very long time, probably 80s or early 90's
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Didi2d(m): 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Thanks for the update

Stay bless
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by reidkrugger(m): 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
Masvidal is good but overated. Everybody's talking about how he boxes and all of dat. Woodley does dat too and got beat by Usman convincingly. Woodley is also a hard man to place a Target on because he's always on d move. To me, Woodley is d biggest threat yet to Usman and dats y his fight with Gilbert burns would have been a BIG DEAL credibly.
What's beating d drums for gamebred is the disastrous win over Askren. Askren would have easily pounded gamebred into powdered fufu if not for the 7secs flying unforseen knee knockout. Askren always approach a fight like it's a Texas salon brawl. Well, now he knows better.
When u fight a guy dat hugs u all night. Pushes and sticks u to d ropes and is just working your joints until he secures a takedown. Then he gradually works his way towards a full mount. Dude, that means trouble. That can make a three round fight look like 20years. Because hammerfists, punches well pulled out and rolled into fireballs and dagerous elbows will be what will come or coming your way all night, most likely. It might come slow, but you can't deny the wear and tear that comes with the punishment. And dats Usman for you.
Nigeria does not have d facilities to train someone for a standard MMA fight. But dat shouldn't stop u from pursuing your dream as an MMA fighter if u start practicing hard by yourself and with whatever u can find.
I think Usman wins this. Because he won't trade punches with Gamebred. But if he does, na only God know dat one o.

4 Likes

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Tochex101(m): 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2020
Onebase79:
The way Dana has been hyping this masvidal, I hope he falls tonight. So many people say usman is a boring fighter, but who cares? He gets the job done.
I thought he called Dana out for contractual disputes. This fight is very surprising...
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Tochex101(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
reidkrugger:
Masvidal is good but overated. Everybody's talking about how he boxes and all of dat. Woodley does dat too and got beat by Usman convincingly. Woodley is also a hard man to place a Target on because he's always on d move. To me, Woodley is d biggest threat yet to Usman and dats y his fight with Gilbert burns would have been a BIG DEAL credibly.
What's beating d drums for gamebred is the disastrous win over Askren. Askren would have easily pounded gamebred into powdered fufu if not for the 7secs flying unforseen knee knockout. Askren always approach a fight like it's a Texas salon brawl. Well, now he knows better.
When u fight a guy dat hugs u all night. Pushes and sticks u to d ropes and is just working your joints until he secures a takedown. Then he gradually works his way towards a full mount. Dude, that means trouble. That can make a three round fight look like 20years. Because hammerfists, punches well pulled out and rolled into fireballs and dagerous elbows will be what will come or coming your way all night, most likely. It might come slow, but you can't deny the wear and tear that comes with the punishment. And dats Usman for you.
Nigeria does not have d facilities to train someone for a standard MMA fight. But dat shouldn't stop u from pursuing your dream as an MMA fighter if u start practicing hard by yourself and with whatever u can find.
I think Usman wins this. Because he won't trade punches with Gamebred. But if he does, na only God know dat one o.
You really know the sport but you can't help but love Gamebred, niggaz just too sleek.
Has too many tricks in his Arsenal too, underating him will spell doom for karamu.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by thymm: 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
reidkrugger:

It's like you missed the fight between Woodley and Gilbert Burns. Woodley was beaten black and blue, I really felt pity for him. Burns is the biggest threat in my own opinion. He is a complete fighter and very courageous. Also very humble. If not for Covid19 infection he would have been the one fighting tonight.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by perdollar(m): 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
As a Christian, may d Christian between them win
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by reidkrugger(m): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Tochex101:

You really know the sport but you can't help but love Gamebred, niggaz just too sleek.
Has too many tricks in his Arsenal too, underating him will spell doom for karamu.
I don't think Usman is underrating him. I also think Mas thinks too much of himself especially as he's a striker. All dat will change in seconds when Usman starts dictating his existence in d cage. Mas us beaten Till, Woodley has beaten Till. Woodley has takedown defence and a very high one at dat. Mas? I don't think so or at least not as much as Woodley.
Usman would be d aggressor all night because he needs to cling to something or he looses. And dat something is going to be gamebred.

1 Like

Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by reidkrugger(m): 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
thymm:

It's like you missed the fight between Woodley and Gilbert Burns. Woodley was beaten black and blue, I really felt pity for him. Burns is the biggest threat in my own opinion. He is a complete fighter and very courageous. Also very humble. If not for Covid19 infection he would have been the one fighting tonight.

No, I didn't Brov. I mentioned it on d one u quoted. Beating Woodley is indeed a BIG DEAL. Dude had multiple title defences proven all contenders as pretenders. Still I respect Woodley. Since he lost to Usman, he's been thinking in fights. It's hard to concentrate when your opponent is unpredictably versatile. Usman doesn't care how d fight starts. And ever since he disconnected Colby's jaw, he has earned my respect the more. Do u know what it takes to dislocate someone's jaw?
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by reidkrugger(m): 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
Tochex101:

I thought he called Dana out for contractual disputes. This fight is very surprising...

I don't think they had any contractual disputes. Nigga is jus trying to make more money. Kind of trying to re-evaluate himself in terms value. Everybody wants to be a Connor McGregor these days because of d money dat comes with the hype. Jon started it when he was picking a fight with Ngannou. It's a clever way to retire on style win or loose.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by petraroot(m): 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2020
This fight isn't sure for either of the two. Kamaru is more of a complete fighter compared to Masvidal. Then again Masvidal has that that instant KO flying knee. My money is on Kamaru The Nigerian Nightmare.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by meobizy(f): 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
I stopped watching this human cock-fighting after the Poirier vs Hooker fight. It is all a matter of time before two opponents murder each other or one kills the other. I don’t have any problem with people who enjoy the sport; yes, fights are entertaining, but I’ve hung my gloves. I won’t consciously watch someone die and have it linger in my conscience. I wish both opponents good luck. May the more deserving fighter win tonight.
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Athemisia: 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
seunmsg:

Calm down bro, MMA is still not a very popular sport in Nigeria and even Africa. Kamoru Usman is the first African to win a UFC belt and he achieved that feat just last year. The fact that most Nigerians are not even aware that such a big fight is happening today says it all. We don’t have the facility to produce a UFC fighter in Nigeria for now.

However, with the exploit of Usman, Adesanya, Super Sadiq etc, the sport will continue to gain popularity in Nigeria. With time, we may be able to produce champions right from Nigeria.
I remember when I was 14years old, I was really training hard to become a ufc fighter.... but........
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by ThePreachersSon: 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
SaintBeehot:
If we had done the right thing, i don't see any reason why he should have left at first instance.
You're funny.

The guys parents migrated, leaving him behind. After they settled, they came back to get him. It's a common thing in Nigeria.

It's funny to imagine that we might not be talking about him, if he had stayed
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by Jung(m): 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
seunmsg:

Calm down bro, MMA is still not a very popular sport in Nigeria and even Africa. Kamoru Usman is the first African to win a UFC belt and he achieved that feat just last year. The fact that most Nigerians are not even aware that such a big fight is happening today says it all. We don’t have the facility to produce a UFC fighter in Nigeria for now.

Please speak for yourself.

Say "I am not aware"

"Its not popular for and to me"

Dont speak for others abeg
Re: Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 by SaintBeehot(m): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
ThePreachersSon:

You're funny.

The guys parents migrated, leaving him behind. After they settled, they came back to get him. It's a common thing in Nigeria.

It's funny to imagine that we might not be talking about him, if he had stayed
I got your point sir Nairalanders just explained that to me. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? / Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? / Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.