Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,441 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:28 PM

We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders (1990 Views)

Stop Living In Past Glory, Monarch Tells Yoruba Leaders / STOP DECEIVING NIGERIANS: MURIC TELLS YORUBA SEPARATISTS / Defend Yourselves From Herdsmen, No Tribe Is Superior – Ex-minister Tells Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by helinues: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2020
AfrikAllied:
[color=#990000]I sensed you or your family member had sold its property to an Igbo man previously. don't be pained anymore, because it will kill you, for you cannot change it. Go to Igbo land to compete and buy property if you wish. Hypocrite!

[/color]

For both village and town , my family get street name...

How many of our lands you wan buy?

Hahahahahaha... Developers of only other region not his.... grin
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by SLAP44: 11:34am On Jul 11, 2020
Apawicked:
Igbos have always been models worthy of emulation by Yorubas. No day would be complete in a Yoruba man life without thinking and talking about Igbos.

I keep telling them that the Igbo man is an epitome of humility. Approach them and learn how they turn nothing to something, envy only spurs them to more success.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by Dedetwo(m): 11:35am On Jul 11, 2020
helinues:

Are you people internally displaced from your region hence the mass flocking to Lagos?

When certain loudmouthed goons in Nigeria shout restructure! restructure!!, I have always stated that Lagos and Abuja must be recreated in the defunct eastern and mid-western regions respectively as the initial step of silly restructure. If Nigerians cannot beckon to this reality, I say total disintegration of the Nigeria is the sure bet.

2 Likes

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by SLAP44: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2020
helinues:

For both village and town , my family get street name...

How many of our lands you wan buy?

Hahahahahaha... Developers of only other region not his.... grin

Everyone is a Jeff Bezos online, even me, I am the younger brother of Mark Zuckerberg grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by Ritchiee: 11:45am On Jul 11, 2020
TA4TA4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJY3xUueDJo

In the above video, a man who is from the South western region of Nigeria is seen calling on his brothers and leaders from the same region to wake up to the realities been with nested in the south west states.

While driving through a street in Lagos, the man noticed a number of young men trekking in the opposite direction.

According to him, the young men trekking are Igbo youths who despite little to no transportation available to take them to their various businesses, have decided to trek to their shops.

The man is heard in the video saying that most of the Igbo traders come from their villages with little or no money, but after years of dedication and hard work in their businesses, become billionaires and millionaires, while the Yoruba youths are being used as political thugs and touts at busstops.

According to him, the Igbo men end up buying lands and properties owned by the Yorubas.

How true is this?

The Igbos had business entity like the Odua group and it was called ESIALA but it is long dead because the Igbos have ruined it and ruined many of the businesses they had before
because of the bad business culture of the Igbos They only open presentation companues.

They should learn from the business savvy Yoruba people.

Only God knows why they are dragging business with Yorubas,their benefactors.

https://allafrica.com/stories/202006170468.html

Nigeria: Undying Legacy of Odua Company Limited

17 June 2020
This Day (Lagos)
By Eric Teniola
The South-west governors have reconstituted the board of directors of Odua Company Limited.

The new board is headed by Dr. Lawrence Olusegun Aina (65), past President of West Africa Bankers Association and former President of Otan-Ayegbaju Development Association in Osun state.

Other members of the new board are Chief Segun Ojo, a former Commissioner for Finance, Budget and Economic Planning in Ondo State; Dr. Tola Kasali who served as Commissioner for Rural Development in Lagos State between 2003 and 2007; Seni Adio, the Managing Partner of Copley Partners (Solicitors & Barristers; Mr. Olusegun Olujobi who is ex-Accenture and Energy Industry player and Otunba Bimbo Ashiru, a renowned banker and immediate past Commissioner for Commerce and Industry in Ogun state.

The Group Managing Director of the Company is Mr. Adewale Abiodun Raji, a former Managing Director of PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc., who was recently reappointed for another term. The inauguration of the new board is a welcome development, for Odua Investment Company is one of the three regional groupings in the country.

The other two bodies are the Interim Common Services Agency for Northern Region and Eastern States Interim Assets and Liabilities Agency (ESIALA), which we don't hear of, these days.

Profitability was achieved by Odua Company between 2014 and 2018, an unprecedented dividend of N1.2 billion was paid.

The fulcrum of credible strategic partnership is gradually taking shape with the recent strides in the Imeko Tomato to Paste Project and the Westlink Iconic Estate JV at Alakia, Ibadan. These and many more like the Power Generation Project at Ikeja, The Farming Company Limited JV at Oke-Ako Ekiti, the Vitalo Brand Project are initiatives that are unfolding to grow the revenue base of the Company.

The Odua Investment Company is an offshoot of an Economic body of the Action Group, which came to power in 1952 in Western Region.

The Action group (Egbe Afenifere) led by Chief Obafemi Awolowo was formed on March 21, 1951 at the Oke-Bola residence of Chief Awolowo in Ibadan. The house still stands today.

I remember with nostalgia when I was a reporter in the Nigerian Tribune in 1972, I used to collect stories on phone in that house on the Oniru land case dispatched by the Nigerian Tribune correspondent in Lagos, Mr Bayo Osiyemi. It was that time I met Chief Awolowo for the first time in my life.

I almost fainted seeing the man bearing in mind the myth I grew up with about Chief Awolowo in my home town in Idanre in Ondo state. Chief Obafemi Awolowo, its leader later stated that the party had been formed by himself and seven others at a meeting in his house in Ibadan on March 26, 1950.

The seven others who formed Action Group with Chief Awolowo were Chief Samuel Olatunbosun Shonibare (1920-1964), then manager, UAC (Technical) Ltd, Lagos, later Managing Director of the Amalgamated Press of Nigeria Limited and Federal Publicity Secretary of the Action Group; Chief Abiodun Akerele, a lawyer; S.T. Oredein, Secretary of the British-American Tobacco Company (BATC) Workers' Union, later Principal organizing Secretary of the Action Group in the Western Region; Olatunji Dosunmu, a journalist, later Administrative Secretary of the Action Group in the Western Region; J. Ola Adigun, a journalist; Adeniga Akinsanya, Manager of the African Press Ltd, Ibadan and Ayo Akinsanya, a chemist and a druggist.

At the convention of the party later, the following were elected--Chief Obafemi Awolowo (President), Dr. J.A. Doherty (Vice-President, West), Dr. E.O. Awduche (Vice-President, East), Alhaji Sule Maito (Vice-President, North), Mr. Ayotunde Rosiji (Federal Secretary), Alhaji S. O. Gbadamosi (Federal Treasurer), Mr. S.O. Shonibare (Federal Publicity Secretary), Mr. A.M.O. Akinloye (Legal Adviser, West), Mr. A. Adeoba (Legal Adviser, East), Rev. E.O. Alayande (Party Chaplain), Malam M.S. Yabagi (Party Imam), Dr. Akinola Maja (Father of the Party), Chief S.L. Akintola (Deputy Leader), Mr. S.T. Oredein (Principal Organising Secretary), Mr. O. Agunbiade- Bamishe (Party Manager) and Mr. Olatunji Dosunmu (Administrative Secretary).

The other members of the party at the convention were Chief F.R.A. Williams, Chief Anthony Enahoro, Chief T. A. Odutola, Chief G. Akin Deko, Mr. M.A. Ajasin, Prince Adeleke Adedoyin, Chief S.A. Tinubu, Mr. S.O. Ighodaro, Mr. Nduka Eze, Mr.O.N. Rewane, Mr. E.O. Eyo, Mr. S.G. Ikoku, Prince R.N. Takon, Mr. A.J.U. Ekong, Mr. S.J. Una, Mr. Okoi Arikpo, Mr. J.A. Agba, Chief Okim Okwa Ahang, Mr. George Lawson, Miss R.T. Brown, Mr. B.E. Mbalu, Mr. J.S. Olawoyin, Chief D.O. Sanyaolu, Mr. D. Adesina, Mr. M.O. Ikongbe, Mr. O.Olu Pinnock, Mr.J.S. Tejuoso, Mr. G.B. Olowu, Alfa K.S. Oba, Mr. D.O. Ogunmade, Mr. Omoniyi Olanipekun, Mr. Peter Onu and Mr. Alex Peters.

The party held its first inauguration in Owo in the present Ondo state on 28 April, 1952 and they were hosted by the legendary Olowo of Owo, Sir James Titus Olateru Olagbegi II (1910-1998).

In setting up the Action Group, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, had two broad objectives in mind, one was political, and the other was economical.

Awolowo believed at that time that political party funding are the methods that a political party uses to raise money for campaign and routine activities.

As for the political, he enlisted Chief Akintola, Chief Enahoro and others. That political arrangement broke down later.

As for the economic, he enlisted Chief Samuel Olatunbosun Shonibare (19201-1964), Chief Sule Oyesola Gbadamosi from Ikorodu and Chief Alfred Ogbeyiwa Erewarone Rewane (1916-1995) alias Osabokolo from Warri, who later became Chairman Western Nigeria Development Company.

In terms of managing business, Shonibare, Rewane and Gbadamosi were gifted. They were capable of turning anything to an asset.

It was the same scenario that played out in South Africa in 1994 when President Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (1918-2013) encouraged the then Vice President Thambo Mvuyelwa Mbeki (77) to be in charge of government while the present President of South Africa, Mr. Matamela Cyril Ramaphosa (67), then secretary of the National Union of Mine Workers to be in charge of the businesses for the African National Congress.

The arrangement worked then in that it reduced rivalry. It paid off for Ramaphosa who has an estimated net worth of $450million as of 2018, with 31poperties and previously-held notable ownership in companies such as McDonald's South Africa, chair of the board for MTN and member of the board for Lomnin

Shonibare and his group established the National Investment Company along with Chief Rewane and Chief Gbadamosi. It was this company that built the Western House in Lagos, Cocoa house in Ibadan and Bristol hotel in Lagos.

It was the same company that built most of the companies that are under Odua Investment Company today. It was this group that was behind the Western Region partnership in the establishment of worldwide redifusion in Ibadan, Nigerian Plastic Company (1954), Ibadan, Nidogas, Lagos, Nigersol Construction Company (1959), Nigerian Water Resources Development Company (1959), Ibadan, Nigerian Pre-Pressed and Concrete Company, Abeokuta, Crittal Hope Nigerian Ltd., Mushin, Vono (West Africa) Mushin, Tower Aluminium Ltd Ikeja, Asbestos Cement, Ikeja, Nigerian Sugar Company, Apapa, Nigerian Mosaic and Glass Manufacturing Company, Ikeja, Pioneer Biscuit Company, Apapa, West African Portland Company, Ewekoro, Nigerian Textile Mills Ltd., Ikeja.

Odua Investment Company was formally established in 1976 when Ondo and Ogun states were created out of Western state. The company was to take charge of the assets and liabilities of the whole Western Region. As a reporter with The Nigerian Herald at that time, I covered the inauguration of the new company at Cocoa house in Ibadan.

The pioneer Group Managing Director of the Company then was Mr. Christopher Sunday Olatunji Akande. Mr. Akande (1927-2005) from Arigidi, Akoko in Ondo state.
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by coputa(m): 11:46am On Jul 11, 2020
SLAP44:
I think more Ibo people should move to Lagos and settle. grin
Lagos is already saturated.
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by SLAP44: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2020
coputa:
Lagos is already saturated.

I don't think so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by helinues: 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
SLAP44:

Everyone is a Jeff Bezos online, even me, I am the younger brother of Mark Zuckerberg grin grin

Of course same as imaginary buying/developing others people land... undecided undecided
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by coputa(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
ERockson:
Stupid ipob that was brought up in Yoruba land spewing rubbish to tarnish Yoruba name. Go to Ibo land if touts and Agberos are not there as well. Go to SS region aND see touts there are much larger and dangerous than Yorubas'
"AGBERO" is a yoruba word meaning,labourer,carrying load for a fee.they now graduated to motor park touts all over yoruba towns where there are motor parks,they even went outside to other states to introduce it,go to port harcourt and some of the s/south states some of them are staunch members of the NURTW.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by Zooposki(f): 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
ERockson:
Stupid ipob that was brought up in Yoruba land spewing rubbish to tarnish Yoruba name. Go to Ibo land if touts and Agberos are not there as well. Go to SS region aND see touts there are much larger and dangerous than Yorubas'

Are you kidding me? Have you forgotten how Yorubas were rushing for food during the lockdown. One million boys, awawa boys etc robbing and killing people. Did you ever hear of such nonsense in South South or any part of Nigeria. Be kiaful.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by T9ksy(m): 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
SLAP44:

What does it matter what they do NOW?

The video recorder mentioned that these same boys will in 5 years become millionaires and billionaires and be buying off properties from the lazy natives who will readily sell their land and relocate to the motor parks.

Don't come here to wail in 5 years time that a gala hawker has bought your village and you're now homeless grin

[i][/i]Ok o but una neva jam, yet.

Keep buying up lands in a region where you claims the "lazy" natives hates your guts and the feelings is equally reciprocated.

Your case will be worse than the Americans who insisted on bringing democracy (and civilization) to the Afgans who incidentally can't stand them.

las las, the Americans have to leave their country for them. Same way the left vietnam with their tails between their legs.
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by ruggedtimi(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
By brother no be only southwest, even southsouth. So many lazy youths. No available for thuggery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by wingmanIII: 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
T9ksy:

Keep buying up lands in a region where you claims the "lazy" natives hates your guts and the feelings is equally reciprocated.

Your case will be worse than the Americans who insisted on bringing democracy (and civilization) to the Afgans who incidentally can't stand them.

las las, the Americans have to leave their country for them. Same way the left vietnam with their tails between their legs.

Nigeria remains one country. Any Nigerian is welcome to live and do business in any part of the country. Stop wallowing in senseless hate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by T9ksy(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
wingmanIII:

Nigeria remains one country. Any Nigerian is welcome to live and do business in any part of the country. Stop wallowing in senseless hate.

And your "hatred" (for your fellow nigerians) is purposeful, ba? Ok, kontinu.

Some folks are just destined to be "suckers for punishment" simply 'cause they lack the collective ability to introspect.
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by Obiobidgbo14: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
T9ksy:

Lazy wahehe,instead of working hard ,you are busy strategizing on how to take another man's property.brother work , hard work does not kill,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by Ritchiee: 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
Even before Lagos,Ibadan was the most developed place in Nigeria.When we Yoruba faced Lagos too,we developed it to an enviable state.We still continue.Yoruba are gurus in development.
Look at Yaba- Ebutte Meta axis that is 90% owned and developed by the Yorubas.
Yorubas are Master developers grin
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by SLAP44: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ritchiee:

Even before Lagos,Ibadan was the most developed place in Nigeria.When we Yoruba faced Lagos too,we developed it to an enviable state.We still continue.Yoruba are gurus in development.
Look at Yaba- Ebutte Meta axis that is 90% owned and developed by the Yorubas.
Yorubas are Master developers grin

You should have started your example with yorubas in Cotonou, Dahomey, Togo and Burkina Faso grin

Show me what they developed where other Nigerians are not helping them? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by eagleu: 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
helinues:
Funny people.

They have money to develop other people's land while leaving their land abandoned even though all their tiny region landmass is almost the size of one state in SW.. angry
What an irony of life

It's called One Nigeria!
You know, that reason why many lives were lost trying to make Nigeria one.

When you moved all federal jobs, opportunities, and operations to the west, what do you expect easterners to do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by plaetton: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
helinues:
Funny people.

They have money to develop other people's land while leaving their land abandoned even though all their tiny region landmass is almost the size of one state in SW.. angry

What an irony of life
Lol.
Did you say abandoned their land?

Igbos are more tethered to the home communities more than any other tribe in the world. Home ownership is the right of passage and pride for every Igbo man.
I'm not sure there a better measure of wealth and self-worth than home ownership.
Your post smacks of nothing but bad Belle.
So keep deluding yourselves

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by SLAP44: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
plaetton:

Lol.
Did you say abandoned their land?

Igbos are more tethered to the home communities more than any other tribe in the world. Home ownership is the right of passage and pride for every Igbo man.
I'm not sure there a better measure of wealth and self-worth than home ownership.
Your post smacks of nothing but bad Belle.
So keep deluding yourselves

Your father gave birth to you. !
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by SLAP44: 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
eagleu:

It's called One Nigeria!
You know, that reason why many lives were lost trying to make Nigeria one.

When you moved all federal jobs, opportunities, and operations to the west, what do you expect easterners to do?

Even till today, they are sitting on the resumption of Akanu ibiam international airport enugu, excluded Igboland from the national rail lines, blocked PH, Calabar and Onne ports, frustrating Ibom ports in the hope b of caging Igboland,

Yet they turn round and say "Go back to your states "

Una never see anything o

1 Like

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by SLAP44: 7:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
T9ksy:

And your "hatred" (for your fellow nigerians) is purposeful, ba? Ok, kontinu.

Some folks are just destined to be "suckers for punishment" simply 'cause they lack the collective ability to introspect.

Actually, it's your people that are getting punished since 1970.

That's why we are here, because your brother made a video to complain of your regional punishment.

1 Like

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by allcomage: 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
helinues:

Same business you guys have been claiming of doing yet leaving your tiny land abandoned?

People only relocate where there are better opportunities ..

Why not try and develop your land and see if others won't be flocking enmass to assist with the development?
So Nigeria is better China, India and Lebanon who are hustling in here.

2 Likes

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by duncun: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by Muna4real(f): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
helinues:

Same business you guys have been claiming of doing yet leaving your tiny land abandoned?

People only relocate where there are better opportunities ..

Why not try and develop your land and see if others won't be flocking enmass to assist with the development?

"People only relocate where there are better opportunities "

How many times will you be reminded that the above philosophy does not apply to ndigbo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by helinues: 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
Muna4real:

"People only relocate where there are better opportunities "

How many times will you be reminded that the above philosophy does not apply to ndigbo?

It does cos they could have stayed in their region if its that productive for business

No one will operate a business where he can be robbed anytime or kidnapped
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by T9ksy(m): 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2020
SLAP44:

Actually, it's your people that are getting punished since 1970.

That's why we are here, because your brother made a video to complain of your regional punishment.

Ok o, if you say so even though the reality on the ground says the opposite.

yeah right and your region is utopia.............

And the Op is none other than one of your mischievous brothers from the yeastside
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by SLAP44: 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
helinues:

It does cos they could have stayed in their region if its that productive for business

And people are still doing business even in the presence of

Awawa boys
One million boys
Ikorodu cultists
Mc oluomo boys
Nurtw
Ritualistic head hunters
The mendacious miners
One chance riders

1 Like

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by Muna4real(f): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
helinues:

I repeat, it does not. If it does, then I don't see why igbos should be found in the deepest undeveloped villages in Nigeria and making money. Igbos are every where. Everywhere is good in our eyes and everywhere is suitable for business.

1 Like

Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by helinues: 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
Muna4real:

I repeat, it does not. If it does, then I don't see why igbos should be found in the deepest undeveloped villages in Nigeria and making money. Igbos are every where. Everywhere is good in our eyes and everywhere is suitable for business.

Probably you could have asked why other region are not migrating to SE if the region is that conducive for business
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by SLAP44: 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
T9ksy:

Ok o, if you say so even though the reality on the ground says the opposite.

yeah right and your region is utopia.............

And the Op is none other than one of your mischievous brothers from the yeastside

The other day it was a collection of yoruba men lamenting on a video here how Ibos has snatched Ladipo that was given to them in 1980, tomorrow you b will lie again that those men and women on that video are ibos
Re: We Need To Wake Up: Man Tells Yoruba Youths And Leaders by helinues: 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
SLAP44:

And people are still doing business even in the presence of

Awawa boys
One million boys
Ikorodu cultists
Mc oluomo boys
Nurtw
Ritualistic head hunters
The mendacious miners
One chance riders

Still still, the business vulnerability must have been considered before relocating to such area

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Blames Pfizer's Breakthrough For The Hike In Petrol Price / Divide And Rule, Self Destruct: Why Buhari Sidelined Alaafin And Invited Ooni / Former Immigration Boss Babandede Received By Massive Crowds At His Home Town.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.