Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,946 members, 7,803,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State (39210 Views)

Soakaway Collapses At NPA Quarters, Nyanya In Abuja; 3 Rescued / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by lizzypro: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2020
Cards
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by smallsmall: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2020
Majority of the Buildings on the Island are very old, built in the days of "No Regulation", well-built but have suffered the negative effect of poor management and general, negative Climatic effect in the last few decades.

Govt should go on a General Integrity Test for any building older than fifteen years in that LGA, without tasking the owners or using it as an avenue to milk them of money (the usual Lagos runs) and any one found defective, should be pulled down and the owner allowed to build something new on the land! Or if the owner does not have enough fund, the Mortgage institutions shoudl be encouraged to partner with the owner and put a big edifice on the land, since they are very viable and commercial areas

I did not say sieze their land o, because l know that is the robbery that would be going on inside the head of all these crooked Politicians right now.
undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by meum: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2020
I'm not shocked. Most buildings in Lagos Island are awaiting the day of their collapse. It's just the truth if you've been there.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by martineverest(m): 10:53am On Jul 11, 2020
houses in Obalende,CMS axis should be demolished asap
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by dangoteinlaw: 10:55am On Jul 11, 2020
They said civil engineers are not necessarily needed when Baba Kasim the mason that has built over 20 houses can handle the contract. They should keep dying pls.
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by SLAP44: 10:57am On Jul 11, 2020
Edopesin:

Are you that daft!

Tinubu is now the cause of your life problems

grin
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by Munieer(m): 10:58am On Jul 11, 2020
Me not adding this 2020 years to my age, I nr use am

Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by Wickedfact: 10:58am On Jul 11, 2020
SLAP44:
Tinub!
Who was governor when this building was built?

You are here mentioning Tinubu when Ikpeazu is using kerosene to pay your father's pension in the village.

4 Likes

Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by GodPunishBiafra: 10:58am On Jul 11, 2020
SLAP44:
Tinub!

It seems you can't exist without mentioning Tinubu everytime and every seconds of your life...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by smallsmall: 11:00am On Jul 11, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
They said civil engineers are not necessarily needed when Baba Kasim the mason that has built over 20 houses can handle the contract. They should keep dying pls.

Is it not because of Yiibo criminals like you that adulterate everything, from Cement to Iron Rods and even Fake building Accesories? angry angry
Na God go punish you die, as you say they should keep dying so.
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by Motivational324: 11:01am On Jul 11, 2020
‪Nigerian Air force Emergency Response Team ������☑️��‬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujYYlD_UU4
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by opportunities12(m): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2020
SLAP44:
Tinub!

Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by Amotekun777: 11:05am On Jul 11, 2020
SLAP44:
Tinub!

Ojukwu angry
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by SLAP44: 11:05am On Jul 11, 2020
Wickedfact:

You are here mentioning Tinubu when Ikpeazu is using kerosene to pay your father's pension in the village.

And no houses fell in Abia grin
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by Omooba77: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2020
Brunicekid:
This is a really saddening situation... Government should ensure proper regulations with regards to buildings.

If I were governor, 90% of building in Lagos Island and Ebute-Meta need to be off, but we are far from truth. So only condolences by his press Secretary will be ok.
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by Bmaster(m): 11:08am On Jul 11, 2020
Munieer:
Me not adding this 2020 years to my age, I nr use am
sorry bro.
u can still make am this year.
we got nearly 6 months left.
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by SLAP44: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2020
smallsmall:

Is it not because of Yiibo criminals like you that adulterate everything, from Cement to Iron Rods and even Fake building Accesories? angry angry

You know, Dangote is ibo grin
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by maxinvile(m): 11:11am On Jul 11, 2020
May the soul of the dead rest in peace and the living who sustained an injury receive total healing.
This is very tragic, especially this period we are faced with a ravaging pandemic globally.
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by dangoteinlaw: 11:11am On Jul 11, 2020
smallsmall:

you are Suffering from shear stupidity

Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by gafman222: 11:15am On Jul 11, 2020
This is a sad news angry
It would have been another tragedy if it happened during broad day light because d penthouse on the roof is being used as a coaching centre for kids. More than 100 kids attend the covid-holiday coaching there cry cry
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by gafman222: 11:18am On Jul 11, 2020
smallsmall:
Majority of the Buildings on the Island are very old, built in the days of "No Regulation", well-built but have suffered the negative effect of poor management and general, negative Climatic effect in the last few decades.

Govt should go on a General Integrity Test for any building older than fifteen years in that LGA, without tasking the owners or using it as an avenue to milk them of money (the usual Lagos runs) and any one found defective, should be pulled down and the owner allowed to build something new on the land! Or if the owner does not have enough fund, the Mortgage institutions shoudl be encouraged to partner with the owner and put a big edifice on the land, since they are very viable and commercial areas

I did not say sieze their land o, because l know that is the robbery that would be going on inside the head of all these crooked Politicians right now.
undecided undecided
I support this 100%
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by fredoooooo: 11:23am On Jul 11, 2020
smallsmall:

undecided undecided

Bless you smiley
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by SeriouslySense(m): 11:24am On Jul 11, 2020
OKay

Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by Brunicekid(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2020
martineverest:
houses in Obalende,CMS axis should be demolished asap
Not all houses... There are houses that are really good in that axis, most especially those old houses built by building engineers, and foreign nationals (Portuguese, Europeans).

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by Sweeetheart(m): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2020
SLAP44:
Tinub!
just for likes you can't make use of your common sense again
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by Sultty(m): 11:35am On Jul 11, 2020
Freeman Street tongue on d mainland (ebute-meta)
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by mrsirval: 11:39am On Jul 11, 2020
JEEZ
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by omooba969(m): 11:39am On Jul 11, 2020
GODSENT253:
3 people are dead sir
Feel some remorse,we are all humans

[s]Ps- anybody,show me love
2.1.1.1.2.6.9.6.2.4 UBA[/s]
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by jidxin(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2020
fortifiedng:
Why always Lagos Island. After they've borrowed lands from water.
u are saying what you don't know.
Re: Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State by igwechi1977(m): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2020
Ohhhhhh see what Tinubu has caused nah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Frustrated Tenants Print Poster For Their Landlord / The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge / Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.