Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed (16723 Views)

Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF / ‘FG To Lift 100 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty In 2020’ - Zainab Ahmed / Meet Zainab Ahmed, Biography, Profile, Age, Finance Minister (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Halfamilli: 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
Maybe we should blame the immediate administration one more time

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by adioolayi(m): 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
CoVID19 ma ro'go o
Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Elaric(m): 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
The poor have always been in recession. So which other recession are you talking about?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by awa(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
Why not when you people are busy stealing from the treasury
Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by VoiceofReal(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
Man like Bihari
Your face show baba continue
Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by xynerise: 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
We are used to it
Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by vikiphy89(m): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
Igbos are fools!
Hahaha! Ur stupidity is in deja vu, u wil nt stop being tormented.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
With the wrong set of people at the helms of affairs, this is bound to happen .

We are not surprised tho because Buhari's failure didn't start today

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Stallion93(m): 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
God forsaken place

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Enemyofpeace: 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
Una dey craze. Na wetin we dey before? Awon bunch of criminals gbogbo. Buhari is nothing but a total failure. I shame for him and his family.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by HeavenlyHolines(m): 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
I wonder the kind of ministers we have. Since I have follow this woman,she as never come out with a single road map or plan for our economy. What she always do is to announce negative things. As a minister, u r suppose to proffer solutions not telling us about recession or what do u want us to do as you don't know what to do. Please do research and proffer solutions or what is d essence of the economic team. Revive the dying sector and diversify the economy. Shalom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Evergreen4(m): 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
We've always been in recession, may be this is recession pro

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by israelmao(m): 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
This is no longer news,recession flows in the veins of Nigeria as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
GoddyOra:
Then purchasing dollar at the current black market rate @#450-460 is not gonna be a bad investment since nigeria recession equates further naira devaluation??
Any economist in the house should help me out here on this subject.

You should have done so earlier, I don't think they will allow the dollar to slide above 500 naira. But nonetheless, u go make money, but things will still be expensive. This because we are a consumer nation. We input everything, so when naira gets devalued, price of stuff gets higher. This is really bad for people who earn fixed income like salary earners and government workers

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by ogododo: 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
Simplyleo:
In this COVID 19 era, no country witnesses economic growth. Even US is not finding it easy.

But, I know ipob miscreants must scream Buharis's name as has been the case since 5 yrs ago.

If it is economic boom that is expected, trust them. Same miscreants will attribute it to something else. That is the macabre dance they have demonstrated in the case of Nigerian Stock Market.

Must you be tribalistic?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Farki: 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
The last 4 recessions have we left them?

Every year recession, recession, this December is going to be very dry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Johnbulll(m): 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
Madam zainab, you are the one leading Nigeria to recession

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by wink2015(m): 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nigeria is heading for another recession in the fourth quarter of this year, the Federal Government declared on Friday.

According to the government, findings showed that the country’s Gross Domestic Product for the second and third quarters of 2020 were projected to be negative.

This, it said, implied that the country would slide into a second recession in four years.

The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, said the country’s real GDP had been projected by the National Bureau of Statistics to contract by 4.2 per cent in 2020, as against the previous projected growth of 2.9 per cent.

“Q2 and Q3 2020 GDP growth is projected to be negative, which means that the country will lapse into a second recession in four years,” she said.

She also revealed that the Federal Government’s earnings dropped by about 65 per cent following the cuts in oil production.

Ahmed spoke during a virtual consultative public forum in Abuja where she presented the Draft 2021-2023 Medium Term Expenditure Framework/Fiscal Strategy Paper.

She noted that the economy faced serious challenges in the first half of the year as the macroeconomic environment was significantly disrupted by COVID-19.

According to her, crude price dropped from $72 per barrel in January to below $20 in April 2020, making the $57 crude oil benchmark of the 2020 budget unsustainable.

“The massive output cut by OPEC and its allies to stabilise global oil market, with Nigeria contributing about 300,000 barrels per day of production cuts, resulted in about 65 per cent decline in projected net 2020 government revenues,” the minister said.

She said the revenue reduction was from the oil and gas sector and had adverse consequences on foreign exchange inflows into the economy.

“Unless we achieve a very strong Q3 2020 economic performance, the Nigerian economy is likely to lapse into a second recession in four years, with significant adverse consequences,” Ahmed said.

Ahmed also stated that the Federal Government planned to spend N11.86tn in 2021.

According to her, Nigeria’s monetary futunes would suffer a deficit of N5.16tn because of the government’s projected ability to generate only N6.98tn revenue all in 2021.

https://punchng.com/nigeria-heading-for-recession-in-q4-2020-fg/

AS FAR AS NORTHERN POLITICAL LEADERS REFUSE TO EMBRACE AGRICULTURE AS THEIR OWN MAIN SOURCE OF SUSTAINANCE BUT PREFER NIGER DELTA CRUDE OIL MONEY THEY WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP NIGERIA ECONOMICALLY DOWN.

When the big money manage to come they misuse it and loot the rest.

Many nations are advancing to other source of revenue drive but the other part of the country relax on the black gold whose value is dropping by the day.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by JosephXavier: 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
Simplyleo:
In this COVID 19 era, no country witnesses economic growth. Even US is not finding it easy.

But, I know ipob miscreants must scream Buharis's name as has been the case since 5 yrs ago.

If it is economic boom that is expected, trust them. Same miscreants will attribute it to something else. That is the macabre dance they have demonstrated in the case of Nigerian Stock Market.

Can you be sensible for once?
If you have nothing to say just read and digest the information

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by saxtaiwo: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
And what's the solution, clueless Minister appointed by clueless president.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Xlyad(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
GoddyOra:
Then purchasing dollar at the current black market rate @#450-460 is not gonna be a bad investment since nigeria recession equates further naira devaluation??
Any economist in the house should help me out here on this subject.
recession does not necessarily lead to currency devaluation. Other factors have to be considered.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Abuhyman1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
Prechgold1180:
Now I know why Nigeria national anthem ends with so help me God
�����

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by biggie73(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nigeria has been in recession since 1986.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Princedapace(m): 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
but some people are here shouting presidency for our region bla bla bla! They keep forgetting that presidency for ur region does not mean ur region is now Canada!

Nigerian leaders are the same from east to west to north! Same sorry stories. I am currently in Ibadan and there is no much difference between this place and other places I have visited in Nigeria.. same sorry stories: dirty environment, unorganized citizens, poor electricity, scattered markets, noise, poverty, wasting youths, no water supply, generator noises up and down, people building houses any how without care, etc. Same story from east to north!

But Nigerian youths are ready to fight for presidency for their region and mock other regions. Nigerians are special creatures who are in love with their oppression and system!

I saw how some people liked lagos state picture the yesterday when they compared cities across the world.. But people think development is all about fine fine buildings! Sincerely, Nigerians no understand:

When u have no water supply, u have no electricity, u sleep and wake up with noise across the city coming from generating sets, when u cant dial a security service number and get them to ur place for emergency, when u cant dial a health care service and get them to help u! When u get to hospitals and u are left with wack infrastructures, when u travel by road and get punished by bad roads or get kidnapped for money ritual,

when u are scared of being raped etc. Dear Nigerians, development is not by political appointments for ur region! Development is not by having the presidency for ur region, else Northern Nigeria would have become the Canada of Africa!

Development is not by having tall tall buildings when ur politicians are above the laws and u cant get the police to work for u becus u know no body!

Wake up youths, ur leaders have cheated u enough!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by DopeChick(m): 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
Simplyleo:

grin
Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by DopeChick(m): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kiddinpoh:
What else do you expect when you have clueless and retarded grown ups as leaders? We aren't ready yet!

Chai Dem no even allow simplyleo put cup down before attacking grin
Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Brushstrokes20: 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
The redundant coupist keeps breaking own records!

The shithole is a lost cause.

# hushpuppy govt
Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by clarocuzioo(m): 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
Simplyleo:

I guess it was IPOB that also screamed the recession of 1983.

Pele, that IPOB that impregnated your.mother and ran away really do her strong thing

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by toogbasky(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
Why would steal my comment even b4 i drop them
SarkinYarki:
Nigeria never left the previous recession

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by Scofieldgee(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
That's you business, with Crowd 1 I earn euros daily
Re: Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed by zombieTRACKER: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
Simplyleo:

Are you still feeding school Children at home with more than 600 million daily.. Yes you are

Shame on you

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Ndume Submitted Forged Documents To Bail Maina From Prison - Sahara R. / Again, DSS Denies Lawyers Access To Nnamdi Kanu / Tinubu Meets Service Chiefs Over Rising Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.