Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets (25717 Views)

Diezani Moves To Recover Seized Assets, Applies To Court / How Malami Rebuffed UK High Commissioner Over Kanu’s Arrest / Senators Ifeanyi Ubah And Chukwuka Utazi Clashed Over Innoson Motor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by StillWiz: 5:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
Johnandv:
The looting and highhandedness in this administration is mind boggling. Imagine EFCC selling recovered assets on their own and sharing the money. If you tell Buhari he will say I'm shocked and that ends it, look at how our soldiers are resigning from military on their hundreds because of Buhari and his service chiefs incompetence. I knew immediately Jonathan called Buhari to congratulate him on his 2015 election victory that it was over for Nigeria, I just knew that the country would Sooners or later look at Chad and Niger as Canada.

Yoruba are the most daft and self-centered set of people in Nigeria. I just pity Edo people who would likely follow Yoruba in oduduwa Republic once Nigeria splits, they would never allow Edo people to have a say in their country, due to their envy and tribalistic intoxication. Yorubas brought evil to the South, now Fulanis from other countries can stroll into our farms and cut our mothers and fathers with their cutlass and walk like nothing happened, all because of Yoruba greed for power and envy for Igbos, they thought Jonathan was making Igbos prominent in power and it spelt doom for them since politics is the only thing that keeps them relevant in this Nigeria.

Oh sorry brother i can feel your pain in the writing sad
Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by ekestic1976(f): 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2020
Johnandv:

Edo and Delta were part of mid western region not western Nigeria, get your facts right. Event they were part of western region it was for a very short time.
But I'm telling you the Yoruba I know will relegate Edo people in Oduduwa Republic. That I know too well, you must give only what you have, Tribalism..

You're a mere toddler when it comes to Nigeria's history! Go back home and ask Daddy about the history of Nigeria before 1963. Midwestern Nigeria was a child of necessity birthed by your perfidious Azikiwe to weaken Awolowo and ultimately the Action Group government of Western Nigeria. The rest is history, as they say.

2 Likes

Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by Gwazah(m): 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
Babzrockman:
But efcc main duty is recover and not yo sell na.

Those assets are subject to judicial clearance

Have u forgotten were it's stated that he was cleared by federal high court and giving authorization to sell?
Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
This Ibrahim Mugu may be the most corrupt fellow in nigeria after all.

Meanwhile north and corruption are like 5 & 6
Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by Fraust40(m): 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
"Computers destroyed at NFIU before panel’s visit

The probe of Magu however took an interesting turn on Friday as computers at the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit where evidence was purportedly kept, were destroyed.

The incident took place at the NFIU office located on Ibrahim Taiwo Street near the Presidential Villa barely hours before members of the Presidential panel investigating Magu were to visit the office to view evidence stored on the computers.

The NFIU, which used to be a unit under the EFCC before it was separated as an independent agency in 2018, was said to be a vital agency in the probe of Magu.

A top source said, “Some NFIU officials had earlier in the week testified orally before the panel. However, they said they could not bring some sensitive materials before the panel because of their operational protocol.

“The members of the panel subsequently scheduled a visit to the NFIU office on Friday to view some of the evidence. However, before they could get to the NFIU office, some unknown persons had broken into the place and destroyed the computers.”

However, Magu’s lawyer, Tosin Ojaomo, said his client should not be linked with the alleged destruction of the computers, saying such linkage was as an attempt to damage his client’s reputation.

He said, “Magu has nothing to do with that matter. The main office of the NFIU is inside the Central Bank of Nigeria. That is where most of their operations take place.

“People are just doing everything possible to blackmail Magu. How can Magu who is in detention send people to destroy things? The truth will soon emerge.”

Lol...

So who come do am na??
Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by ZooOga: 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2020
Justice should be focused on justice, and Finance should be handled by the finance department/s. Too bad NASS is ineffectual in writing clear lines of demarcation for government officials to follow.

and i still think Malami is the corrupt character in this saga. Imagine moneybags Peter F. is walking around free, not worried about his case and has that mouth working overtime again without a care in the world.
Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by pmoye(m): 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
Hmm
Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by SirBunky85(m): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
Racoon:
This AGF(Malami) versus EFCC(Magu) war is just a game of thrones involving one criminal gang trying to out smart the other.Meanwhile Malami should not rejoice yet as his own turn will also come
malami is of the cpc bloc and I don't think the so called cabal would allow his probe
Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by ChoCho54(f): 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
fergieboy:
Who won read all those
I wonder o! They keep repeating most things everyday
Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
Alert there is an opening in your area https://www.nairaland.com/5985085/own-boss-work-home-own
Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by 989900: 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nnamebuka:
What I do know is that majority of the members of this government are corrupt.

A lot of shady deals and money laundering activities has been linked to this Malami of a guy.
He's too shady and powerful owing to the power lapses of Mr. President himself.

Truth is that with the exit of Abba Kyari one of the powerful cabal holding this government together, the others members of the cabals are now exerting their influence and power trying to make sure they influence the decision of who occupies the number one seat in 2023 to protect their interest (avoid probing for all they are stealing presently).

President Buhari is just there and as long as he's still breathing that's enough for them. A lot of decisions would continue to be taken in his name while they hand a write up for him to read or write one and push out to the populace in his name. He is old and senile you won't blame him. The blame goes to those that sold him a second time and rigged him in even disenfranchising eligible voters up Lagos. But the co.ck would soon come home to roost.

Kamar is real

Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by pquaver(m): 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
Johnandv:
The looting and highhandedness in this administration is mind boggling. Imagine EFCC selling recovered assets on their own and sharing the money. If you tell Buhari he will say I'm shocked and that ends it, look at how our soldiers are resigning from military on their hundreds because of Buhari and his service chiefs incompetence. I knew immediately Jonathan called Buhari to congratulate him on his 2015 election victory that it was over for Nigeria, I just knew that the country would sooner or later look at Chad and Niger as Canada.

Yoruba are the most daft and self-centered set of people in Nigeria. I just pity Edo people who would likely follow Yoruba in oduduwa Republic once Nigeria splits, they would never allow Edo people to have a say in their country, due to their envy and tribalistic intoxication. Yorubas brought evil to the South, now Fulanis from other countries can stroll into our farms and cut our mothers and fathers with their cutlass and walk like nothing happened, all because of Yoruba greed for power and envy for Igbos, they thought Jonathan was making Igbos prominent in power and it spelt doom for them since politics is the only thing that keeps them relevant in this Nigeria.

My friend will you quit wailing.. We are 2020.. It's already 5 years.. Igbos this Igbos that... If we are so good in discerning good leaders Äbä will not be where it is and you would not consider Nnamdi Kalu a leader.

1 Like

Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by lexy2014: 8:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
tesppidd:
40 Million Dollar jewelry.

The jewellery includes
419 bangles,
315 rings,
304 earrings,
267 necklaces,
189 wristwatches,
174 earrings,
78 bracelets,
77 brooches and
74 pendants;

As well as luxury houses in Nigeria, United States and in the United Kingdom.

Above is the part that got to me.

Everyone is focussing on the secondary thieves and neglecting the primary 'thiefess'

Diezanni Allison Madueke.

No wonder you always hear wailers say "the level of corruption in the Buhari administration is the highest in history."

All in an attempt to blackmail and mask the heist that took place under Jonathan.

Only Jewelry ooh...

Its good u said that a heist took place under d Jonathan admin& u are using diezani as a case study. So several worth billions were purportedly recovered from her& those properties are in d custody of d federal govt.

Question: what has become of those properties?

Another question: when u say wailers say that "the level of corruption in the Buhari administration is the highest in history", are wailers speaking d fact?
Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by Babacele: 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
Where is the law or act that says Efcc must submit or involve the AG in recovered loots or assets? Magu should have prepared ,and I can bet he is ,and shouldn't spare anything in exposing everything he knows about these thieves. Magu should not spare anything , anything or anybody and should even request that this panel be made open for the public to know who their real enemies are. I don't trust this A G at all walahi.!
Re: How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 12, 2020
Tinubu, oshiome, atiku, obj, jona & wife ltd, bagudu, osibanjo, diezani madueke, would have all been serving jail terms if we re being completely honest with ourselves.. All Nigerian politicians need t be dealt with and forced to forfeit all national assets in their possession but is never going t happen if d electoral systems is still run by this heavily neck deeped in corruption fellas, a lot of dem are neck deeped into corruption, somebody once said "Nigerians are d most easilest people to govern' and do u knw y because they re d most docile, indifferent , unserious sets of people that don't ask questions and take their future lives seriously

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Controversy Trails Leaked List Of Terrorists’ Financiers / FG Confirms Anambra’s Status As Oil Producing State / Forces Plot Osinbajo’s Exit; Mull ‘Onnoghen’ Treatment - The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.