Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) (136378 Views)

Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures) / Fisherman Caught A Manatee In Akassa, Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Fisherman Catches Giant Swordfish In Andoni, Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by error4040: 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
The last time I checked this Sea Mamal is facing extinction

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by JosephXavier: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
H
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by calberian: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
Abohboy:
That’s an endangered species, Nigerians need to stop killing these animals, we should make marine protected areas stopping fools like these from killing these animals.

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by OlawaleBammie: 10:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
Soo this small small tins wey a dey see for NatGeoWild dey big like this?? shocked shocked shocked

Maa wo oporopu e gan lasan!!
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by EbenezerTriumph: 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
[s]
Ekemeze:
Oya, Naija animal activists, start the insult cheesy
[/s] my love kiss
Did you miss me?
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by lograr(m): 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
What i know is that "where Nigerians dey butcher meat dem no dey quarrel". Enemies will cooperate for the operation to be successful. We like to kill anything

6 Likes

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by robertogun(m): 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
Abohboy:
That’s an endangered species, Nigerians need to stop killing these animals, we should make marine protected areas stopping fools like these from killing these animals.

What u said is true but poverty and hunger has made these fisherman endangered species too grin if these people have abundant fish and the government educates their children in the creeks, they ll know better than to kill an endangered specie.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by chiefolododo(m): 10:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Wow. Riverine people are enjoying these creatures. To those animal activists above, what you should know is that they can never finish. Let people enjoy them

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by TGMISKY(m): 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
That kid putting his hand on his head in regret might have just learnt about endangered species in school.
Anyway, flex your sea food. If the next generation no see am, them go hear about am. Me wey no see dragon never die

2 Likes

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Alwaysachick: 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
That little boy with hands on his head cheesy
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Lastmankc(m): 10:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
sylve11:
When men is done killing these creatures, they will turn to themselves and eat themselves.

An herbivores Mantee has just been killed.... cool
Men have been killing and eating themselves since time immemorial.
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by SweetCunt97(f): 10:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
Sea cow ke

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by AmazingELixir: 10:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
[[s]quote author=Abohboy post=91611476]That’s an endangered species, Nigerians need to stop killing these animals, we should make marine protected areas stopping fools like these from killing these animals.[/quote][/s]

What did the bible's say about God's instruction to man concerning all beast..... " kill and eat" EOD.

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by fof1: 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
Abohboy:

WHO MADE YOU ACTIVIST? PACK UR LOAD PLS.
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by meobizy(f): 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
One day una go kill mammy wata chop. I hail you Nigerians. Rather than coming across these animals and eating them once in a blue moon, why not catch a few, rear them and process anytime when hungry? Logic and the black man are sworn enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by illicit(m): 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
The way them butcher the head no be here o
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by ceaser: 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
Looks more like a Walrus.

In the picture, the body being the widest slowly tapers towards the head. You'd see the left and right flippers in the second picture. And the teeth too in that third picture.

It's not a dolphin like someone here pointed out, and it's definitely not a shark.

But is a walrus known as sea cow? Because a walrus doesn't seem to have features that looks like a cows. I know of sea horse (that actually have features of a horse)

RaptorX:
This is a manatee, Walruses have tusks like elephants.

Yes. Thanks.

I checked it out and discovered I was wrong. Funny I haven't heard of this animal before now despite the knowledge. Truly no one knows everything and none is an island of knowledge. We all learn everyday even from the unlikeliest of sources.

And I think they are referred to as sea cow not because they have features like the cow's; because aside the fact that they are mammals which whales and walruses also are, they have no other distinctive cow-like physical feature. It's more likely they are "sea cows" because they are principally herbivores like the land cow that we all know.

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
Abohboy:

Who endangered species epp, man dey hungry, you dey talk endangered species

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ask4bigneyo:
It is well
It is well indeed.
Who am i to judge?

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Fish cow as how .. never heard of that though.. to me, it seems that is whale.(bigness). And also looks like dolphin, with few physical features I can see..
Happy kill hoo kiss kiss grin grin cheesy cheesy
Sea cow.... Not "fish"

Same way we have Sea Lion.

You've tasted it right?
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Sea cow ke

I think say na only me never hear am before
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nope, first time hearing it sha.. thanks
JidennaJason:
Sea cow.... Not "fish"

Same way we have Sea Lion.

You've tasted it right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by extol1(m): 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Fish cow as how .. never heard of that though.. to me, it seems that is whale.(bigness). And also looks like dolphin, with few physical features I can see..
Happy kill hoo kiss kiss grin grin cheesy cheesy
sorry, do you have a boyfriend?
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Ghostrye: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
It's high time Nigeria got animal rights. But even the human rights we have are not being given a damn about so....
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by robosky02(m): 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Bubu must hear this

A cow is dead
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Nope, first time hearing it sha.. thanks
We learn everyday.

Do have a lovely night rest.

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by specie103(m): 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
Most of those forming animal/marine right activist na hypocrite....
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by darfay: 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
decatalyst:

Majority are hungry and careless about animal rights
grin grin

Would they have died of hunger if Dem no see am catch?

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by daviesmania(m): 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
Abohboy:
shut up ur mouth dier, abi na u wan go give them food when they return from river? idiotic Nigerian claiming to be white!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Harrykn: 10:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
That animal coded sea cow is a real meat
Next it will swim to where animal activist are earning monthly allowee cus nothing works in Nigeria. I'm even happy it didn't die from water pollution cus it would be wasted.

Dominion Everywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Make Soya Bean Meal For Your Baby (with Pictures) / Nigerian Foods And Their Calorie Contents / 17 Health Benefits Of Egg Plant (garden Egg)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.