Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,670 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) (136388 Views)

Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures) / Fisherman Caught A Manatee In Akassa, Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Fisherman Catches Giant Swordfish In Andoni, Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by harffie(m): 7:18am On Jul 12, 2020
Abohboy:
That’s an endangered species, Nigerians need to stop killing these animals, we should make marine protected areas stopping fools like these from killing these animals.
Sad thing is all these guys are not reading our posts/comments on NL. We need to start a movement here in NG to protect our endangered species..
A petition to be sent to FG/Wildlife Conservation Agencies
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by ceaser: 7:29am On Jul 12, 2020
ceaser:
Looks more like a Walrus.

In the picture, the body being the widest slowly tapers towards the head. You'd see the left and right flippers in the second picture. And the teeth too in that third picture.

It's not a dolphin like someone here pointed out, and it's definitely not a shark.

But is a walrus known as sea cow? Because a walrus doesn't seem to have features like a cow's. I know of sea horse (that actually have features of a horse)

RaptorX:
This is a manatee, Walruses have tusks like elephants.

Yes. Thanks.

I checked it out and discovered I was wrong. Funny I haven't heard of this animal before now despite the knowledge. Truly no one knows everything and none is an island of knowledge. We all learn everyday even from the unlikeliest of sources.

And I think they are referred to as sea cow not because they have features like the cow's; because aside the fact that they are mammals which whales and walruses also are, they have no other distinctive cow-like physical feature. It's more likely they are "sea cows" because they are principally herbivores like the land cow that we all know.

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Kalashnikov102(m): 7:35am On Jul 12, 2020
Abohboy:
That’s an endangered species, Nigerians need to stop killing these animals, we should make marine protected areas stopping fools like these from killing these animals.

Bros no be as you reason am. This people na their only source of putting food on the table, the only way dey source for income to send children go school.. Their forefathers where fishermen ad till today the most common skill dey learn from a very small age is how to catch fishes ad any water living creatures sad

Government needs to go into those areas build good schools, mk another means of employment to their parents ad give the youth new skills dey could learn

Take The Evil Out The People And They'll Be Acting RIGHT ~2pac~

2 Likes

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by dazzlingd(m): 7:39am On Jul 12, 2020
tumababa:

Which animal rights? Don't we eat croaker or titus? How is this different?

Make sure u give your children quality education so they don't become unintelligent like u.

Go back to elementary school and read about endangered animals, u can go for adult education, it is not too late
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by popcykaylah(m): 7:46am On Jul 12, 2020
Nobody has the right to judge this people .. people
Wey fit say maybe never chop for two days come see one animal you come call am endangered species at make them no kill am .give them food first and then talk later ,if you can’t make provide what to eat for them please shut the Bleep up!
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by jacoik(m): 7:52am On Jul 12, 2020
Zendinho:
Pepper soup under this raining weather is a goal.

To all animal activists, hope say una no de chop meat for soup?

That's great palliative for the whole community. This God is too much.
lolxxxxx hahahaha that na wetin dey always funny me where all those animal activists dey I swear. weda dem no dey eat meat, fish or snail. animals wey baba God gave us for eating and someone will seat at somewhere to talk rubbish
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by donsheddy1(m): 7:52am On Jul 12, 2020
What's a sea cow. Is this not a manatee?
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Tremple8v: 7:53am On Jul 12, 2020
Omo see meat , that small boy put hand for head ....he never see this kind meat before .
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by ThatFairGuy1: 8:02am On Jul 12, 2020
Ojugunrege:

Your Yoruba writing is 10/10 kiss
what to do
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 12, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Fish cow as how .. never heard of that though.. to me, it seems that is whale.(bigness). And also looks like dolphin, with few physical features I can see..
Happy kill hoo kiss kiss grin grin cheesy cheesy

Lol.... Sea cow not Fish cow grin

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 12, 2020
donsheddy1:
What's a sea cow. Is this not a manatee?
Yes na
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by ThatFairGuy1: 8:05am On Jul 12, 2020
TheStarsAlign:

I know this proverb too. What i don't know is what Jakumo or Ijakumo is. Maybe you can shed light. grin
Ijakumo is jackal/civet, they're nocturnal

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 12, 2020
harffie:

Sad thing is all these guys are not reading our posts/comments on NL. We need to start a movement here in NG to protect our endangered species..
A petition to be sent to FG/Wildlife Conservation Agencies
Its a very good idea but also make sure the people you are projecting the movement towards are not hungry otherwise u might eventually change the objective of the movement

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 12, 2020
Okay, thanks dear.. that is it in the pictures u attached right??.. thanks kiss kiss
dairykidd:

Lol.... Sea cow not Fish cow grin

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by afecgivers: 8:10am On Jul 12, 2020
This creature I love watching Geowide. This another version...atlist I have seen the inside belly.
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by AsawanaDgreat: 8:28am On Jul 12, 2020
This is enough palliative for guys this period.
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Zendinho(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2020
[quote author=jacoik post=91627630] lolxxxxx hahahaha that na wetin dey always funny me where all those animal activists dey I swear. weda dem no dey eat meat, fish or snail. animals wey baba God gave us for eating and someone will seat at somewhere to talk rubbish

Don't mind them....they are all scaliwags grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Rossonero: 8:29am On Jul 12, 2020
minasota:
better meat oooo
you wouldnt want to eat though..
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by stieyven(m): 8:34am On Jul 12, 2020
Abohboy:
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5:22
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Spinshark(m): 8:37am On Jul 12, 2020
I actually think Nigerians have not been properly sensitized on killing of these animals ....do you actually think those people know what endangered specie mean, the proper ministry should educate people on what it means when they kill these animals..proper laws should be put in place for defaulters and defaulters should know the implications of breaking such laws.
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Rotimi47: 8:56am On Jul 12, 2020
Nigeria own is better than that of Japan but they should let endangered species live shocked

However, the Japanese kill wales like chicken shocked
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Annycj: 9:07am On Jul 12, 2020
Hunger dey oo this country sef every animal is a meat in this country
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by SocialJustice: 9:11am On Jul 12, 2020
Abohboy:
Environmental conservation can not be enforced in poverty.

1 Like

Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by davillian(m): 9:15am On Jul 12, 2020
I always feel bad when I see things like this....
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Kingstanding: 9:16am On Jul 12, 2020
Abohboy:
What is the reason for creating animals and fishes by Almighty God? You wanna copy white people. It's for human consumption ok.
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 12, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Okay, thanks dear.. that is it in the pictures u attached right??.. thanks kiss kiss
Yep... welcome cheesy
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Alexpetra: 9:22am On Jul 12, 2020
Gracespecial101:
Much Brains is needed in the System of this Country.

Not everything has to go into the pot
our development and infrastructure enta pot na sea animals and bush animals you think will survive?
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by stanliwise(m): 9:33am On Jul 12, 2020
Zendinho:
Pepper soup under this raining weather is a goal.

To all animal activists, hope say una no de chop meat for soup?

That's great palliative for the whole community. This God is too much.
we have less than 15000 of this specie in the whole world, if anyone must eat a manatee let them rare them.
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by stanliwise(m): 9:33am On Jul 12, 2020
Kingstanding:
What is the reason for creating animals and fishes by Almighty God? You wanna copy white people. It's for human consumption ok.
Manatee are less than 15000 in the whole world
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by Zendinho(m): 9:35am On Jul 12, 2020
[quote author=stanliwise post=91630323]we have less than 15000 of this specie in the whole world, if anyone must eat a manatee let them rare them...

Baba forget that thing, nature has it's way of multiplication.

What if during the process of rearing them, they all die in the custody?
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by stanliwise(m): 9:35am On Jul 12, 2020
stieyven:

He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5:22
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
You are very silly, so fool was the only word you saw in that post, you didn’t see where he was speaking for animal that it’s status is close to been extinct?
Re: Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) by stanliwise(m): 9:41am On Jul 12, 2020
Zendinho:
I weep for what you just said now.

The animal I attached below was made extinct by human activity, the name of the animal is called “Dodo”.

It was killed because of it size, it could feed a whole family, many human hunted it and it went to extinction , now we only have the skeletons in museums.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Make Soya Bean Meal For Your Baby (with Pictures) / Nigerian Foods And Their Calorie Contents / 17 Health Benefits Of Egg Plant (garden Egg)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.