Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations (58006 Views)

Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others / Startimes Shades Tstv On Twitter (photos) / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Fragility6: 8:59am On Jul 12, 2020
Anneka101:
This is what we have been expecting from DStv for so many years.

But they would not do it, who watched startime?

We need DStv to follow suit or else we would have to dispose their decorders. We are customers and we have the right to avoid unnecessary charges.
Somebody suggested we go on 3days strike without recharging our decoder but according to him it won't work coz we don't have unity here in Nigeria.They are seriously reaping us with high fee n repeated contents
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Topmaike007(m): 9:00am On Jul 12, 2020
francisbarrack:

they should step up there display. m in
I think you're referring to startimes of 5yrs ago

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Topmaike007(m): 9:02am On Jul 12, 2020
Dantedasz:
Lies! Lies!! Lies!!!
First of all Startimes has always proclaimed to operate pay-as-you-go bouquet but try to pay for it on any of their payment platforms INCLUDING their offices and their operatives will tell you it is impossible except you pay for the complete one month.
I am saying this because I once tried to pay for ONLY one week because of the Europa league matches and was told by a Startimes customer care operative that it was IMPOSSIBLE. I ended up subscribing for a month.

The second issue I have with Startimes is the payment for a bouquet can ONLY be made at their registered office or at the premises of their registered agents. You can not pay with your bank application!

Thirdly Startimes have subtly increased their fees like Dstv but with extremely POOR content masquraded it behind a non existent pay as you go bouquet.

And before anybody comes at me I wish to state that I subscribe to both Dstv and Startimes and I regard both platforms as cheating blood sucking platforms that do NOT provide subscribers with what they promise in any way!

you're a liar I subscribe weekly anytime I am home

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Fragility6: 9:02am On Jul 12, 2020
LandMann:
Great. GoTV and DSTV should be compelled to adopt pay as you go.

Image recharging your phone with 5k and then the credit being wiped off at the end of the month because you were not able to use it. It's outright robbery.

Th same time limit should be removed from data or set to 4 months minimum for any data bundle.

Network providers and digital tv providers are stealing in broad daylight from Nigerians and the government should stop sleeping and protect it's people
Government ain't sleeping.They are actually part of the stealing process hence thier silence on this
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Jostoman: 9:02am On Jul 12, 2020
lagusboyyy:
thanks for your input.

But its too bad,that such a big company cant integrate mobile banking into its system.

I pay for my dstv account easily with my mobile banking app,not trying to be partial here,multichoice is miles ahead of startimes.
exactly my brother the only problem am having with DStv and Gotv is their charges.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 12, 2020
jplusnaira:

So out of 200 channels you still can't find quality channels. Abeg make I hear word.
is true joor I have DSTv and starttimes sometimes I rotate their subscriptions tell you the truth startimes signal worst over here
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Topmaike007(m): 9:03am On Jul 12, 2020
Abbeyismail:
Can anyone tell me what is the current price for starTimes antenna and decoder?
#7900 for attena version and #8900 for dish version
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 12, 2020
Topmaike007:
I think you're referring to startimes of 5yrs ago
lol something that startimes will still remind of that enjoy digital life grin where are you from ??
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Topmaike007(m): 9:05am On Jul 12, 2020
Area4Area:
Very many lazy Nigerian yoots, you took your time to read the article unlike those that just jumped in.
I thought it was per second just as we top up our airtime or pay for pre-paid PHCN power bill and not knowing it's daily, weekly, etc crap.
which one dstv do
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by DisLifeSha: 9:07am On Jul 12, 2020
Even me self nor get TV but I win one Startime decoder and antenna for long but no TV to watch. Anyway good one from Startime.
Profprom:
Good news for those who have television.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Topmaike007(m): 9:07am On Jul 12, 2020
Possiblegee:
lol something that startimes will still remind of that enjoy digital life grin where are you from ??
I base in Lagos
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Newboss(m): 9:10am On Jul 12, 2020
levi2:
I thought DSTV said pay-as-you-go was impossible to implement....Always thought �� those guys(DSTV)were thieves...

Startimes doesn't have pay as you go. What they have is daily subscription, which is almost double monthly subscription. 90 Naira for 30 days is 2700 Naira.

Pay as you go is like using prepaid meter, or recharging your MTN line. Pay as you go, in its true form, would be disastrous for even Startimes

3 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by DisLifeSha: 9:10am On Jul 12, 2020
You're very right
LandMann:
Great. GoTV and DSTV should be compelled to adopt pay as you go.

Image recharging your phone with 5k and then the credit being wiped off at the end of the month because you were not able to use it. It's outright robbery.

Th same time limit should be removed from data or set to 4 months minimum for any data bundle.

Network providers and digital tv providers are stealing in broad daylight from Nigerians and the government should stop sleeping and protect it's people
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Kaybaba5(m): 9:10am On Jul 12, 2020
kissGuys:
i wonder how startimes and covid-19 take relate...

Nah people like you dey makes NCDC see us as fools... Once you have any related symptoms.. They add you to the number without being properly checked..

We know their is corona.. But let naija be transparent about it.. Not videos of people eating chicken and dancing up and down in the supposed isolation center... We need clarity... Pictures of those that died.. The real infected ones.. And the whole testing process.. That will work more on people's behavioral change.. Not some bull-crab set of numbers daily.

Seconded
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 12, 2020
Topmaike007:
I base in Lagos
their picture quality is crap there are still in digital platform
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by jacoik(m): 9:12am On Jul 12, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

If there's no light, the subscription is gone!!!

No roll over or whatever
then what are we celebrating for then? I thought that what it means is that if you don't watch it will still remain for you as we do with phone credit card. so what's the celebration for please?

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by LaReinaa(f): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2020
Until they add premier league, Telemundo, zee world and other interesting channels that Nigerians actually watch to their list, DSTV will always have an edge over them..

Some of us actually know why we subscribe every month grin grin

Btw, what happened to that TSTV guy that raised our hopes that year
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by lagusboyyy(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2020
Jostoman:
exactly my brother the only problem am having with DStv and Gotv is their charges.
thats true though,but you will get premium service for what you paid for.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by LaReinaa(f): 9:27am On Jul 12, 2020
francisbarrack:
let patronize ours pls (start time) n drop d useless dstv. m dropping it soon
Which one is ours?
Are you from China
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Olarewajub: 9:31am On Jul 12, 2020
It is lovely coming from StarTime. Nigerians need to enjoy the value for their money. It's a new beginning.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by SteveEmediong: 9:41am On Jul 12, 2020
Let me look for my startime decoder.
it seems interesting.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Iceyjayz: 9:43am On Jul 12, 2020
Anneka101:
This is what we have been expecting from DStv for so many years.

But they would not do it, who watched startime?

We need DStv to follow suit or else we would have to dispose their decorders. We are customers and we have the right to avoid unnecessary charges.
Speak for yourself only, young lady...who are WE
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Osila2: 9:51am On Jul 12, 2020
Guru in the house �, can you please let me know the programs content difference between what is available on Startimes, DSTV, GoTv and Free to Air (FTA).
My emphasis are on the Movies, Cartoon, News, and Nollywood contents please.
Cheers
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by mbjsuki(m): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2020
This for me is a stupendous innovation worthy of admiration, let's see how others will handle this from here.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Kissiemu(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2020
Newboss:

Startimes doesn't have pay as you go. What they have is daily subscription, which is almost double monthly subscription. 90 Naira for 30 days is 2700 Naira.

Pay as you go is like using prepaid meter, or recharging your MTN line. Pay as you go, in its true form, would be disastrous for even Startimes
Nna men!

You mustn't recharge everyday nah

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by jmoore(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2020
undecided
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by jmoore(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2020
This is not pay as you go.
It is a daily subscription.
It is not a new plan on Startimes.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Zoroaster: 10:10am On Jul 12, 2020
Chai naija people no dey read
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by jmoore(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2020
LaReinaa:
Which one is ours? Are you from China
NTA has shares in Startimes.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by AKzee(m): 10:18am On Jul 12, 2020
Stellly02:
laliga would start showing on Startimes next season, its from a reliable source while plans are made to get the rights for premier league, you can enjoy your premier league match on NTA SPORTS 24, they showed the Liverpool-burnley match yesterday..

I believe there's room for improvement tho
Yes, one match per week. Well, we hope for better days ahead. If startimes can acquire premier league right, DStv don end be that ooo.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:26am On Jul 12, 2020
jacoik:
then what are we celebrating for then? I thought that what it means is that if you don't watch it will still remain for you as we do with phone credit card. so what's the celebration for please?
As in, they are extremely greedy!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija Vandora: I Saw Bitto's Manhood, I Ran Out Of The Bathroom That Day / TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services / BBNaija: Alex Suffers Nip Slip On Live Eviction Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.