Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,387 members, 7,800,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE (53163 Views)

Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) / Pictures Of Warri Ughelli Port Harcourt Road After The Flood / Warri-Bayelsa-PortHarcourt Link Road: The Worst Road In South-South Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by DamnnNiggarr: 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
ridbell01:
So far is pdp ruling that state our people are fine we will go to Lagos and start claiming that Lagos is no man land
what is your problem,
are Lagos roads any better??
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by j1mmy: 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
bro, it doesn't work that way!!
As long as I can tell, Dangote has never fixed any road out of charity because the government left the road.
If the people fix the road as you suggested, what will the government do with the allocated funds for the road??
Why do we have government??
Monkey go work, Baboon come stay for parlor dey enjoy his sweat.
I think you mean "it doesn't work that way" in Nigeria because of the low quality of the citizens.

Most of the Lebanese criminals in Nigeria are from a town called Miziara, Northern Lebanon, their ill gotten wealth from Africa is used to develop that town from the rubble it was decades ago.

In many countries, citizen efforts exist in collaboration with (or without) Government to establish recycling, road maintenance, school improvements, healthcare assistance and other community initiatives.

Nigerians just lack commonsense and that is why they don't understand what it means.

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by derbykol(f): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Truth is that there is no government in abia state.
Fed.road?
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by derbykol(f): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Truth is that there is no government in abia state.
Federal road?
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Nwabuezesuccess(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2020
I hope your statement will change once work begins on that road

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Excuses: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
Beremi:

Some of you are the reason Abia state is in this condition. It is not true. Portharcourt road is a state road that runs from Express junction traversing through Aba. It is not the same PORT HARCOURT-Okigwe-Enugu road. They are different roads.

The one the OP is showing here is PORT HARCOURT road which is inside Aba and it is a state road

Are you minding them they lack comprehension..
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Adexprint(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2020
bad roads=bad government.
call for structural cabling
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2020
They are all hidden in the SW enjoying better infrastructures. But still dey ungrateful abusing their host.
Na Tinubu cause this one again??
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Nwabuezesuccess(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2020
But for now enjoy the new Aba under Ikpeazu

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by spirul77: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2020
contigiency:
But Nnamdi KANU, Enyinnaya Abaribe, Segalink and other numerous Abia indigens believe it's better to focus on buhari, Tinubu, El Rufai, Ganduje etc, as their problem. How their state is governed doesn't matter.
this is a common sight in the whole country even Abuja of all places, nothing new here
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Ebidosia: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2020
HembaqMbk:
I was in Aba yesterday for an event and I saw bad governance. The pictures below show the current state of Port Harcourt Road in Aba. It is unarguably the worst road in the entire SE.

This is what Fashola said

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2020/03/24/fashola-explains-delay-in-completion-of-ph-enugu-aba-ph-highway/
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
Pass through Mile 2 iyaniba in Lagos you will see worse
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by obonujoker(m): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
Chei.... See my old Osisioma grin
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Beremi(f): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
You are just ignorant. You don't anything about ABA

fx45:
Aunty, PortHarcourt Road is a spur and not an inland road. Stop this argument for Christ sake!

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Beremi(f): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
This one the OP posted is PORT HARCOURT road, a state road in Aba, it is different from Enugu-Aba-PH express road which is a federal road

Ebidosia:

This is what Fashola said

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2020/03/24/fashola-explains-delay-in-completion-of-ph-enugu-aba-ph-highway/

2 Likes

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Babysheart(f): 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
This is actually a federal road.

But aside that, Abia State needs more than human intervention.

Ikpeazụ was a scion of the worst governor in Abia State history, yet Ngwa people insisted it was their turn to get their son on the seat, despite where he's coming from. Aba, the pride of Ngwa people is worse for that stupid decision.

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Babysheart(f): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
Beremi:
This one the OP posted is PORT HARCOURT road, a state road in Aba, it is different from Enugu-Aba-PH express road which is a federal road

Port Harcourt Road in Aba is a Federal road.

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by ridbell01(m): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
what is your problem,
are Lagos roads any better??
guy you don't deserve my reply but take it on leave it Nigeria will break one that's when you will know what's up
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by HembaqMbk: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2020
Babysheart:
This is actually a federal road.

But aside that, Abia State needs more than human intervention.

Ikpeazụ was a scion of the worst governor in Abia State history, yet Ngwa people insisted it was their turn to get their son on the seat, despite where he's coming from. Aba, the pride of Ngwa people is worse for that stupid decision.

Ngwa people have gotten what they bargained for
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by DamnnNiggarr: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
j1mmy:

I think you mean "it doesn't work that way" in Nigeria because of the low quality of the citizens.

Most of the Lebanese criminals in Nigeria are from a town called Miziara, Northern Lebanon, their ill gotten wealth from Africa is used to develop that town from the rubble it was decades ago.

In many countries, citizen efforts exist in collaboration with (or without) Government to establish recycling, road maintenance, school improvements, healthcare assistance and other community initiatives.

Nigerians just lack commonsense and that is why they don't understand what it means.
You're even more right,
The government is too greedy without providing an enabling environment and avenue for youth's development, they abandoned the people and the country to decay,
Now you're telling me that after one struggles under the sun and rain to make it, he brings out his hard earned money in repairing dilapidated roads while our leader stash their foreign account with stolen public funds belonging to you and I,

Like I said bro, if it works that way in America (which I no can't happen because they will definitely demand for an explanation because they pay tax), it can't happen in Nigeria.

After debiting hard working Nigerians from the little one they have in the name of tax(stamp duty), you still expect them to fix the road with the little remaining balance.

This can't happen in America, you must explain to them because they pay their taxes.
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by grammarian247(m): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
That road is a campaign road. looks like if that road is done, incoming government will see nothing to campaign with. I grew up in Aba, bad road is our logo. Meanwhile, I teach Pearson Test of English(PTE) in just three weeks. No stories, just the tricks. +2348038999587
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by verifiedlegacy: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
HembaqMbk:

It is currently competing with Obohia Rd and Ohanku Road

I lived in obohia after nkwo ngwa for yrs. I can't really figure out what's wrong with abia state. I have tried to place their problem
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Beremi(f): 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2020
undecided
Babysheart:

Port Harcourt Road in Aba is a Federal road.

PORT HARCOURT road Aba is a state road, it cuts off the major Enugu-PH road which is the federal road

Federal roads links other states directly but PORT HARCOURT road is an Aba inland road that links Ohanku and others neighbourhoods in Aba

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by HIbreed(m): 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
Is that Port Harcourt road, Aba? I thought it has concrete dividers like Aba road in Port Harcourt? Unless of course they’ve been removed! Can any Aba person confirm?
removed since

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by DamnnNiggarr: 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
ridbell01:
guy you don't deserve my reply but take it on or leave it Nigeria will break one that's when you will know what's up
what I meant was that Nigeria leaders in general ain't getting it any right,
Bad roads aren't peculiar to any state in particular even my own state (Bayelsa) is worse.
I'm not even from Abia or East.
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Ebidosia: 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
Beremi:

You're wrong. It's a federal road. You wan bet?

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2020
HembaqMbk:
Pic 4
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Ebidosia: 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
Beremi:
undecided

PORT HARCOURT road Aba is a state road, it cuts off the major Enugu-PH road which is the federal road

Federal roads links other states directly but PORT HARCOURT road is an Aba inland road that links Ohanku and others neighbourhoods in Aba

Not so true. This is a confirmed federal road. I was thinking it's a state road until we confirmed from ministry of works and housing.

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Beremi(f): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2020
Ebidosia:

You're wrong. It's a federal road. You wan bet?

It is a state road. Show us evidence from federal ministry of works
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by Dpharisee: 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
Ejanla07:
Hypocrites everywhere calling ikpeazu..

That is a federal road. Its the responsibility of the federal government.. If you can name ikpeazu u should also name the federal government who own the road....
No, other states are doing the roads and getting refund like Rivers which took paid newspaper adverts to thank Buhari for refunding them N78b spent on fixing federal roads
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by dingbang(m): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2020
cheesy
Re: Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE by sicily4u: 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2020
Omuma road aba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) / Trailer And Fuel Tanker Collide On Suleja-Minna Road (Photos) / Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.