Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? (50722 Views)

Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) / Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by BiafranDel: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2020
Hello guys
Please I want to know if it is still possible to graduate with a first class after been in second class upper in 100 level.

100 level first semester, I had 4.04 GPA then in second semester instead of going up, I dropped to 3.53 GPA reason being that I faced some personal challenges, bringing my 100level Cgpa to 3.83 sad

sad I'm just happy that I never had any carry over in my first and second semester 100level.

Is it still possible to graduate with a first class from 200level to final year, 400level.
This has been bothering me because I really need a first class to source for full scholarship to further my studies abroad.

Please I need your inputs on this. First class
graduates, did you start getting first class from 100level till final year?

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Byke60(m): 11:18am On Jul 12, 2020
If you want to.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Hahjascho(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys
Please I want to know if it is still possible to graduate with a first class after been in second class upper in 100 level.

100 level first semester, I had 4.04 GPA then in second semester instead of going up, I dropped to 3.53 GPA reason been that I faced some personal challenges, bringing my 100level Cgpa to 3.83 sad

Is it still possible to graduate with a first class from 200level to final year, 400level.
This has been bothering me because I really need a first class to source for full scholarship to further my studies abroad.

Please I need your inputs on this. First Class graduates, did you start getting first class from 100level till final year?

CC lalasticlala mynd44 dominique.
It's hell possible mehn, only if you're ready to give all what it takes. Double your preparation, hate B grade like D, avoid all sets of mistake that once came your way. Set a very high target for yourself with relevant preparation.

And lastly, avoid marijuana like death trap.

160 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by ReorxTohGan(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2020
just keep praying to graduate in peace brozz,nothing sure for this naija sad

160 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Uyi168: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2020
I see phy 109..
One hell of a yeye course..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by BiafranDel: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2020
Yea bro, thanks. This is why I need the first class, for the greater good of leaving the country without stress.
ReorxTohGan:
just keep praying to graduate in peace brozz, nothing sure for this naija sad

Hahjascho:
It's hell possible mehn, only if you're ready to give all what it takes. Double your preparation, hate B grade like D, avoid all sets of mistake that once came your way. Set a very high target for yourself with relevant preparation.

And lastly, avoid marijuana like death trap.
Thanks, I will keep your advice in mind.

23 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by ReorxTohGan(m): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Yea bro, thanks. This is why I need the first class, for the greater good of living the country without stress.
may all your dreams come true!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by magnificient7: 11:40am On Jul 12, 2020
I would have said the fact that you are asking the question makes it abit doubtful if you can.... Reason being that it's a simple mathematics you could do to check if that's still possible or not.... If you can calculate you GPA, you should be able to know what the odds are for you.

But having seeing the pics you posted, I think you have still got it in you. So to help bring clarity to what you need to know. To graduate with first class, which is 4.5, you need to an average of 4.73 each year. That's a high GPA and requires a high amount of study and dedication but is it possible... absolutely yes, it is very very possible.

The question now is, can you be able to put the high amount of work and dedication to obtain such GPA every year? Only you can answer yourself...Nairalanders can't.

And if you decide to go on to push it, first thing is to ignore, rebuke, and run from the "grade doesn't matter gang" on NL and in your school.

227 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Arinze01(m): 11:41am On Jul 12, 2020
Yeah,Actually you can!

When I was in year 1(2016),the 1st semester I had 3.75 and the corresponding semester I had a g.p. of 4.67 accumulating to a CGPA of 4.21. Fast forward to yr 4(2019) which was my grad year,I graduated with a CGPA of 4.52(first class honours at the University of Lagos).

Albeit it wasn't a rosy journey but I was pragmatic and tenacious, setting per semester what-if-gp scenarios (that's, setting a ceiling and a floor and must not go beyond their floor),and Yes!it worked for me. It's all about setting your priorities right,when to read and when to play. I never joked with my reading time table. Believe you can and you shall achieve it and Put God First!

Namaste.

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by BiafranDel: 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2020
So I just have to get a first class Cgpa from 200level till final year to make up what I lost in 100level. I will put that in mind and work towards it. Thanks bro.

magnificient7:
I would have said the fact that you are asking the question makes it abit doubtful if you can.... Reason being that it's a simple mathematics you could do to check if that's still possible or not.... If you can calculate you GPA, you should be able to know what the odds are for you.

But having seeing the pics you posted, I think you have still got it in you. So to help bring clarity to what you need to know. To graduate with first class, which is 4.5, you need to an average of 4.73 each year. That's a high GPA and requires a high amount of study and dedication but is it possible... absolutely yes, it is very very possible.

The question now is, can you be able to put the high amount of work and dedication to obtain such GPA every year? Only you can answer yourself...Nairalanders can't.

And if you decide to go on to push it, first thing is to ignore, rebuke, and run from the "grade doesn't matter gang" on NL and in your school.

Thanks.
Congrats bro. It's not easy having a first class.
What department did you graduate from?
Arinze01:
Yeah,Actually you can!

When I was in year 1(2016),the 1st semester I had 3.75 and the corresponding semester I had a g.p. of 4.67 accumulating to a CGPA of 4.21. Fast forward to yr 4(2019) which was my grad year,I graduated with a CGPA of 4.52(first class honours at the University of Lagos).

Albeit it wasn't a rosy journey but I was pragmatic and tenacious, setting per semester what-if-gp scenarios (that's, setting a ceiling and a floor and must not go beyond their floor),and Yes!it worked for me. It's all about setting your priorities right,when to read and when to play. I never joked with my reading time table. Believe you can and you shall achieve it and Put God First!

Namaste.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by BiafranDel: 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2020
ReorxTohGan:
may all your dreams come true!
Amen. Wish you the same. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys

100 level first semester, I had 4.04 GPA then in second semester instead of going up, I dropped to 3.53 GPA reason being that I faced some personal challenges, bringing my 100level Cgpa to 3.83 sad

sad I'm just happy that I never had any carry over in my first and second semester 100level.

Nope. Forget about 1st class.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by BiafranDel: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2020
Squillaci:

Nope. Forget about 1st class.

Lol very funny. Seems like you are speaking from personal experience. Why do you say so...

4 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by imustmakeit(m): 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
Yes you can.
It still depends on: You, the course you're studying, your zeal for the course and your lecturers.

My advice, try and graduate with 4.0>=x<=4.6

There are hundreds of scholarships that accept 4.0/5.0
and if by chance, at the end of your 200level, you're not on at least 4.20, reduce your goal to graduating with 4.0>=x<=4.3 then dedicate some time to learn digital skills or any skill at all that you're passionate about.

All the best in your endeavor

19 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:

Lol very funny. Seems like you are speaking from personal experience. Why do you say so...

Year 1 is always the easiest, general courses and all.
You are more likely to score below 3.4 in subsequent sessions. Unless the major factors that affected your 1sf year performance can be improved on.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Stillthebest: 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2020
shocked

No one cares about your first class but after what you arw bringing to the table.

Have you discovered that most world successful people were mostly average or at the bottom level of the class?

Just try your best in school and work on your IQ.

Afterall Buhari who happens to be some ppl role models didn't even have good grades.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Xsem(m): 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2020
Stillthebest:
shocked

No one cares about your first class but after what you arw bringing to the table.

Have you discovered that most world successful people were mostly average or at the bottom level of the class?

Afterall Buhari who happens to be some ppl role models didn't even have good grades.

Why are you lying?
Those guys are highly intelligent if you don't know. Someone like gates smashed his SAT exam like mad, or you think it's easy to do programming or think out something like Facebook and the rest. The owner of this forum is a dropout but before he quit school he was at first class. Likewise other world billionaires, we keep hearing that they dropped out but what led to the dropping out? They found something that has a very big potential so they decided to cash in by focusing on it instead of being distracted by school. Zuck later went back to school and obtained his degree.

Nigeria's case is disparate because we are being punished by God.

48 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
Avoid weed... Pls and pls, I am begging u.
When u HV chance, visit the lab with a friend who doesn't smoke at all.

Tell them, you wanna test for the colour of you blood under Microscope, and also test the colour of Ur friend dat doesn't smoke.. thank me later..

What u don't know maybe killing you.. I pray it shall be well with u always. Amen kiss kiss
BiafranDel:
Hello guys

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Stillthebest: 1:25pm On Jul 12, 2020
Xsem:

Why are you lying?
Those guys are highly intelligent if you don't know. Someone like gates smashed his SAT exam like mad, or you think it's easy to do programming or think out something like Facebook and the rest. The owner of this forum is a dropout but before he quit school he was at first class. Likewise other world billionaires, we keep hearing that they dropped out but what led to the dropping out? They found something that has a very big potential so they decided to cash in by focusing on it instead of being distracted by school. Zuck later went back to school and obtained his degree.

Nigeria's case is disparate because we are being punished by God.

Next time read to understand not because you want to reply? Can dumb ppl be successful?
I did say the Op should up his IQ.

Is it New to your hearing that most successful ppl didn't have first class or never at the top of the class?
To lecture your crass, being intelligent is different from being academically sound.

Some ppl read their ass off to pass a course while some just grab the content by mere few hours of studying.

Average students in class are known to have higher drive for success while the top class leaders claim their territorial stands in the classrooms or work for ppl..

I never say ppl shouldnt opt for what they crave, and there are always exception to every Law.

Next Time u are quoting me com up with more enunciated and deep quotients.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Missyajoke(f): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
It's possible to graduate with first class forget about all these education doesn't matter it's a lie. Chance your reading pattern

5 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by merieam16(f): 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
Its nt over until its over. Keep moving....
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by IvarTheBoneless: 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2020
shocked

With posts like these... you're dreaming grin

Better focus on Gala you are selling.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2020
Stillthebest:
shocked

please ignore people like this

only a failure talks like this , so treat him like one

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by IvarTheBoneless: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2020
grin
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys

OP, 100level is very very important to get first class to avoid unnecessary struggle, but now that it has slipped u. Make sure that ur 200level and 300level are very good like try to have 4.7 and above throughout the four semesters. It is not going to be asy anyway. Mix with those with a high cgpa in ur department, learn from them. Don't be too proud to ask for help, even from someone younger than u. Pray to God also that it should work out..

It is not going to be tho but with God all things are possible.

ignore those "first class nah scam people" here and in ur school...

read read and read smart!!!! to move that cgpa up

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by sabbiboi: 2:10pm On Jul 12, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Avoid weed... Pls and pls, I am begging u.
When u HV chance, visit the lab with a friend who doesn't smoke at all.

Tell them, you wanna test for the colour of you blood under Microscope, and also test the colour of Ur friend dat doesn't smoke.. thank me later..

What u don't know maybe killing you.. I pray it shall be well with u always. Amen kiss kiss

Is there an health or academic risk attached to smoking weed?

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2020
Yes sir, from health later to academics. Etc..
Cuz, smoking weed will change the colour of blood etc... And the blood us a main transport system in the body etc. This can affect Ur brain, in the sense that the brain is well fueled by blood etc.. it's long sir.
If u take it, please stop it., Gradually u will get over it etc..

sabbiboi:

Is there an health or academic risk attached to smoking weed?

4 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Kyra1(f): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
Yes you can graduate with a first class.
Just make sure you have an A in all your courses starting from first semester, 200level.

6 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
Don't kill yourself because of first class.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by TheCvBank: 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2020
Hitting first class is still very much possible, but

1. Don't do what is morally wrong to get your first class

2. Adjust your reading schedule to have you cover a minimum of book hours you can manage daily or weekly

3. Forget boyfriend and girlfriend wahala, it could take a toll on your academics. Don't get me wrong, relationship is okay but it could either help or break your objective. To avoid the gamble, make your books your boo.

4. Cut down on the friends that could be mitigants to achieving your objective. Get to embrace more of the ones with the same vision you have.

3. Take care of your health biko, don't starve or neglect your health. Some of 2.1 and first class guys (even bankers) today are battling Ulcer. Eat and sleep well.

5. Always put your creator by your side always. This should be a sine qua none for you if you are into religion.

Irrespective of what happens, your family and the world will be proud of what you achieved. Because you gave it all you could. Please don't let go of this your fighting spirit, you'll need it for the Nigerian employment sphere.

Best of success

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case / The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! / Student Unknowingly Passes Night With Snake On Her Bed In Delta State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.