Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,386 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? (50731 Views)

Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) / Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by omobalaidex(m): 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
Uyi168:
I see phy 109..
One hell of a yeye course..
waten do am
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by AdmissionGetEas: 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2020
Start thinking on what else to do with your 2.1 if you will even graduate with 2.1

Check my signature to secure Admission into 200level directly of any University of your choice to study your dream course
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by unibenakpos(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2020
this one nah uniben student
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by muykem: 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2020
It's not possible except you are not the one wrote 100 level exam. This result is an evidence that if you work very hard you will come out with 2.1.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Ennovate(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
Am not saying this to discourage you but the courses you had A are not related to your field of study. Meaning as you move upwards the courses you would do, would be more of the courses you have showed weakness. You would some crazy passion and dedication for A, to make that difference you need. I believe you can but you have to evolve from been the kinda student you are currently. 100L determines a lot in a students grade, the upper you go the more tense it becomes.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Veezybaba: 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
with all those course codes,surely the op is a uniben fresher.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Angelacruz: 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
Yea...vey possible.Jst make sur u ve noting less dan 4.8 every semester
BiafranDel:
Hello guys
Please I want to know if it is still possible to graduate with a first class after been in second class upper in 100 level.

100 level first semester, I had 4.04 GPA then in second semester instead of going up, I dropped to 3.53 GPA reason being that I faced some personal challenges, bringing my 100level Cgpa to 3.83 sad

sad I'm just happy that I never had any carry over in my first and second semester 100level.

Is it still possible to graduate with a first class from 200level to final year, 400level.
This has been bothering me because I really need a first class to source for full scholarship to further my studies abroad.

Please I need your inputs on this. First class
graduates, did you start getting first class from 100level till final year?
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Advocatmsani(m): 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
You are still the master of your fate. In as much as 1st year's G.P is very paramount in achieving one's dream honour, it shouldn't weigh you down. Graduating with a first-class degree is easier with a good start- if it doesn't get into your head along the way. My best performance was at 100 level: 4.91. I couldn't achieve a better feat in any of the remaining years. I graduated magna-cum-laude (4.65) though. It gets harder as one progresses.

My advice for you however, is to do your best and get connections. Its not what you graduate with that matters anymore in this country. I am still unemployed!

4 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by stainlink(m): 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
Mathematically possible
If you have perfect scores for the rest of your stay in the university (i.e. 5.00) you get around 4.7.

You need more efforts, commitment and dedication.
All the best

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by BiafranDel: 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
[s]
Malawian:

Even those who were in first class for 2-3 years still manages to drop into 2.1 Your case no get hope, let's not deceived you. 2.1 is the best you can hop for going forward.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Goldenkrezi: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Yes sir, from health later to academics. Etc..
Cuz, smoking weed will change the colour of blood etc... And the blood us a main transport system in the body etc. This can affect Ur brain, in the sense that the brain is well fueled by blood etc.. it's long sir.
If u take it, please stop it., Gradually u will get over it etc..

U say what??smoking weed will change colour of blood ?... dats a blatant lie ooo...

So the blood will now change from what colour to what?... u need to see how I'm laughing right now grin

U could have just said smoking weed might in some cases alter the composition of blood..

I come in peace oo grin
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by BiafranDel: 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2020
CzarChris:
This your assertion is completely wrong and totally unscientifically proven. The best graduating student in my class during my undergraduate days, was an addicted weed smoker. I myself though a recreational marijuana smoker, made a 4.87CGPA in my Post Graduate studies, with a few international awards and numerous international students under me. Though I'm not encouraging young adults to go into weed smoking, I just want to say the truth here. All these propaganda against weed should just stop, and don't get me started on the chemical properties of Cannabis/Marijuana.

OP @BiafranDel, as someone in the academia. I have to tell you the gospel truth. The only way you can make a first class is for you to have a CGPA of nothing less than 4.80 till you graduate. If you get anything less than that, then it's impossible for you to graduate with a first class. Not to get you discouraged, not have a first class is not the end of the world, just focus on your studies and have a firm grip of your course of study. That's all you need.

I wish you luck in your pursuit of academic excellence.
Thanks bro. Wish you the best too
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by morris477(m): 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2020
Best of luck mehn
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by toyobillz(m): 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2020
Forget first class....but put more work for a strong 2.1
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Malawian(m): 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Dey look, na third class you go chop. When you don chop three missing script, you go understand d levels. grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
As an authority in the strong first class region...First class still get levels sef....I would advice you to follow these...

1. Study smart!...It's not all about going to library and reading so hard...I never used the library last semester...

2. The internet is your friend to assist you reinforce concepts and topics...I relied on the more last semester...YouTube precisely plus other contents on Google

3. I am jovial and still have time for other things aside academics...Pursuing a professional certification and heavily advancing my web development skill...This clearly shows that I am versatile, and multi-task yet pursue excellence...

4. If you must be a first class material, you must roll with the best in your dept and beyond...Healthy competition with like minds to get A's in all your courses!!...For me, a B, gets me depressed....

5. A first class material must aim for the very best....I am confident of coning out the best...Set unreasonable targets and work towards them...Push yourself beyond the limits...

6. Find what works best for you...In terms of study...For me, I don't stress myself so much...I experimented last semester with my GP....How did I do it? I basically slept days to exams!!...When everyone was at the library doing overnight...I still cam out strong...It could have been 5.0......Got 4.74 GP.....In my dept, girls are killing 5.0 like water!!...So, I am in an environment where I have no option but to up my game....Let me drop my 0en at this point...

#Repping the University of first choice and the nation's pride...
#UNILAG

8 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by BiafranDel: 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
Ennovate:
Am not saying this to discourage you but the courses you had A are not related to your field of study. Meaning as you move upwards the courses you would do, would be more of the courses you have showed weakness. You would some crazy passion and dedication for A, to make that difference you need. I believe you can but you have to evolve from been the kinda student you are currently. 100L determines a lot in a students grade, the upper you go the more tense it becomes.

How did you know my field of study
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by gabicon: 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys
Please I want to know if it is still possible to graduate with a first class after been in second class upper in 100 level.

100 level first semester, I had 4.04 GPA then in second semester instead of going up, I dropped to 3.53 GPA reason being that I faced some personal challenges, bringing my 100level Cgpa to 3.83 sad

sad I'm just happy that I never had any carry over in my first and second semester 100level.

Is it still possible to graduate with a first class from 200level to final year, 400level.
This has been bothering me because I really need a first class to source for full scholarship to further my studies abroad.

To make a first class you need to have a 4.74gpa in the remaining 6 semesters. It will take time and energy to achieve this, I will suggest you develop a skill instead, if you are in for computer skills I would suggest cyber security or networking or better still data analysis, or artificial intelligence. These days organisations are not after what class of degree you have they are after what value you can deliver.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by ayenale1(m): 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
Kind advise, with an E and several Cs my brother even if you have As in the remaining courses from 200l to final year highest you can get is 4.3 or 4.4 but if in the next semesters u have two Cs kiss first class good bye and embrace 2.1 with joy. First class candidates dont have E in their result they have As little or no Cs. I guess u understand.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by BiafranDel: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
[s]
muykem:
It's not possible except you are not the one wrote 100 level exam. This result is an evidence that if you work very hard you will come out with 2.1.
[/s]

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by martius101(m): 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
Byke60:
If you want to.

I love this....naso my brother no be lie o.... when I was in school I started like that....omo...the thing enter my head ...I know come dey read again......I dey tell you when I dey 300l.....I was on 1.8....imagine.....omo.....read o.... continue don't stop...
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by ifiokbenzy(m): 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
Concentrate on your 3 and 4 units at least grade B.
Remember your other semester's are cumulative I mean add and divide. So be smart.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2020
Yes, it will change the colour.. it seems u didn't read where I said under Microscope
Goldenkrezi:

U say what??smoking weed will change colour of blood ?... dats a blatant lie ooo...

So the blood will now change from what colour to what?... u need to see how I'm laughing right now grin

U could have just said smoking weed might in some cases alter the composition of blood..

I come in peace oo grin
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by dwizzed(m): 8:45pm On Jul 12, 2020
Sure, you still can. Just be steadfast and pray well. If your course na computer science, you'd have to pray harder. Cos my guys in the department that year were always lamenting, but they ain't you Sha.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by BiafranDel: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
ok
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Deywan(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:
shocked
With posts like these... you're dreaming grin
Better focus on Gala you are selling.

Can u imagine his previous comment
I don laff die, first class indeed �������
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by yoursidenigga(m): 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys

This isn't how to calculate CGPA man.. We all thought it was done this way but our academic adviser back then in school gave us the shock of our lives. If it was done this way, everyone will graduate with good results man.

At the end of your study in the university, all the courses you offered from first year to final year are treated as one semester. Lol, with this, the CGPA you are rejoicing that it is high will drop even further by as high as 0.5.

You are going to graduate with a first-class if you so wish. I had lower GPA in one semester like that and I still came out with first class. You can do it too
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Uyi168: 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2020
omobalaidex:
waten do am

I do am that year for uniben..
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by directonpc(m): 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2020
With COVID nobody is graduating with any class.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Grateful02(m): 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2020
Op I have steadily read the comments/advisers given to you. But in as much as ZEAL pushes someone positively,i don't mean to hurt you but honestly your First Class chances is so slim because you lack consistency. Dropping from 4.0 down to 3.5 (imagine that gap dropping,thats much I think had it been it's a 3.8 you dropped to in the 2nd semester it would much have been understandable). Someone talked about your weakness in your main course and I urge you to work on it. I will end it up S. W. O. T analysis where S: strength
W: weakness
O:
T:
For the O and T, business faculty them will help me complete it.lol Work on your weakness and let me be your strength. Regards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case / The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! / Student Unknowingly Passes Night With Snake On Her Bed In Delta State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.