Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) (38871 Views)

The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris / Meet The World's Tallest People (photos) / "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by DelphiOracle(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
JimohMomoh:

He is just foolish and myopic. I won't generalise Slawomir with other Edo guys just the way he generalises women, because I know many Edo guys that have sense.

One day EFCC will parade him on nairaland.
thank u jare.

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ishilove:

Smh
One of the Efulefu in the forum.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by coputa(m): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
MILLERMannn:

Highly tricky. I never see tribe that is tricky like that. I get tired of them easily to. They are not straight forward. They are very active and you know when you are too active, you must lack thought. They are thoughtless. They don't have feeling for their fellow humans. They are very boastful and aggressive. And lastly, they are cheaters. Every things they do, they must cheat. They believed cheating is called smartness. That is how they derive their stupid ' Warri nor dey carry last'. They don't know that they are tarnishing their image. Walahi, they are very boastful.

NB: I am from Delta but raised in the West. Have traveled to the north so I know what I am saying.
It's a mistaken identity.All your assertion about the Urhobos are allien and strange,urhobos are very hospitable and peace loving people,they 're never loud,they practice the law of live and lets live,an urhobo man have the fear of God in all his dealing,

2 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Thazard(m): 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Lol funny.. guy no go degwe trowey oh, cuz Ose fit just tell you say "omona forward march", your mind go dey once. grin
lol
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by gregyboy(m): 9:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
Efewestern:

What part of Urhobo? very unlikely for you to hear even 30%, maybe you understand the Urhobo language as well.

I understand only few Bini words, but when they speak, I'm lost, not matter how attentively I listen.

I think isoko, they sounded edo, we could understand him
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by teacherbim(f): 10:00pm On Jul 13, 2020
So my inlaws full here, I represent my wonderful Urhobo husband from Ughelli North,otogor

2 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by nowpresence(f): 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2020
Efewestern:

The Okpes believed they migrated from Ife, passed through Bini before reaching their destination in Delta State. I believe the claim is faulty because till date we still are unable to dig any proof to support that.

As for the Spiritual hierarchy, things
in one of chief ofua songs, he made mention how Urhobos and binis were together from the days of ife and how Urhobo first left to 'Benin', then to our present location.i can't really recall the exact story though but he sang about it.

so being from ife doesn't necessarily mean they are from Yoruba. lots of immigration has taken place even before colonization so you can't rule anything out.

the binis also lay claim to ife, which doesn't necessarily translate to them being Yorubas

there might have been different settlers in ife before the present settlers. a lot might have happened before documentation.

I think ife people have similar culture with the ediod group like sculpture making which is not present in other yoruba groups.

and the myth that yorubas started life from ife seems false to me, lots of fabrication from their side.

I stand to be corrected though

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ajstyles01:

me was born nd brought up in lagos

but how wuld Jehovahs witness material would help u??

They have the Bible, some of their Literature (Awake and Watchtower) and some other Audio-visual materials that have been translated to Urhobo. So for example I download the English and Urhobo Versions of say the Awake and attempt to read the Urhobo own where i have issues understanding I switch to the English to get the context. I can read Urhobo fairly well but my vocab isn't that good so it helps build my vocab and ability to Read and write Urhobo

2 Likes

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Idadurun: 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ajstyles01:
Were my mum came from

i wish i can see sum1 dat wuld teach me urhobo language
I can teach u
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Oovi5(f): 10:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Nice.. So, what part of urhobo are ya from?
Evwreni
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Ajstyles01(m): 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
airsaylongcom:

They have the Bible, some of their Literature (Awake and Watchtower) and some other Audio-visual materials that have been translated to Urhobo. So for example I download the English and Urhobo Versions of say the Awake and attempt to read the Urhobo own where i have issues understanding I switch to the English to get the context. I can read Urhobo fairly well but my vocab isn't that good so it helps build my vocab and ability to Read and write Urhobo

thats pretty nice
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Ajstyles01(m): 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
Idadurun:
I can teach u
i wuld get back to u wen am ready
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Ishilove: 11:07pm On Jul 13, 2020
Efewestern:
The Ema dance is a powerful dance by the Urhobo people that involves moving the entire body especially the hands and legs.

The dance is one featured on special occasions such as when a king is being crowned or when a man gets a chieftaincy title or during a festive day.

The Dance is unique to the Urhobo people.
A video would have been nice.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Ishilove: 11:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
JidennaJason:
One of the Efulefu in the forum.
Hahahahaha! cheesy

Sometimes he makes sense though.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Omolomo4eva(m): 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
I just love the urhobo culture, I just don't know why. If I would come back to life,I wish to be an urhobo. Urhobo ovuovuo!

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sammysneh(m): 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
Thazard:

Hi, I'm from Uwheru Odja,Ughelli North.Though I can't speak Urhobo Language.
same with me
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sylve11: 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Nice dance move

Fear urhobo girls ehnnn when it comes to coitus
... although most of them nor sexy at all
Those girls can bang life out of you
They enjoy sex like men. Probably because they are not circumicised.....

Same thing with ijaw, itsekiri and kwale girls
Reaching orgasm is very easy for them..... they get wet so easily! remember those years for Uniben...one itsekiri girl nearly kill me with sex...
Every day banging.....

So na Benin girls come sexy? undecided cool
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sylve11: 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
airsaylongcom:

Some of us wey two side na Urhobo nọ dey speak sef despite growing up in the heart of Urhobo land in Ughele...

There are some YouTube vids.. But I'm currently using Jehovah's Witnesses materials to aid my learning. Especially my ability to Read Urhobo

Hmmmm cool
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sylve11: 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
mhizv:

cry

Ododegho

Yeah many people don't know it,and always have this confused look.

I know it. It's the community that separate Emeragha and Afiesere.
cool
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sylve11: 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
mhizv:

cry

Ododegho

I know it. It's the community that separate Emeragha and Afiesere.
cool
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sylve11: 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Nor Be only funny and trickish u see talk? abeg what tribe are u from, make i see whether una list long pass our own

Him nor go try am talk again. Him don flee. grin cool
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sylve11: 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Accent na Casted...

Normal level. Lol. grin cool
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sylve11: 11:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Lol funny.. guy no go degwe trowey oh, cuz Ose fit just tell you say "omona forward march", your mind go dey once. grin

Lol @ omona forward march grin grin cool
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by sylve11: 12:07am On Jul 14, 2020
coputa:
It's a mistaken identity.All your assertion about the Urhobos are allien and strange,urhobos are very hospitable and peace loving people,they 're never loud,they practice the law of live and lets live,an urhobo man have the fear of God in all his dealing,

Honestly, you're right... cool
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by OvisFranko: 12:08am On Jul 14, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Oviri Okpe.. Okpe Local Government

Frathermathy
Sanchez01
Greatchizzy
Efe2real
Ovisfranko
Iriruga100
Clint02
Coputa
Nowpresence
Jasonjidenna
MissEfe
IghravweIG
Ovieigho

Urhobo wadoo!
I am from Agbarha-Otor ( Okpame Descendant)
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by OvisFranko: 12:12am On Jul 14, 2020
Efewestern:
The Ema dance is a powerful dance by the Urhobo people that involves moving the entire body especially the hands and legs.

The dance is one featured on special occasions such as when a king is being crowned or when a man gets a chieftaincy title or during a festive day.

The Dance is unique to the Urhobo people.
Oniovo, Oghene bruwiyo kevwe.
Vwe omo re Urhobo de.
Ema dance the royal dance of the Urhobo Nation.
Person when noh eat bellleful go dance am, he buluku go just loose.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by OvisFranko: 12:15am On Jul 14, 2020
Burnguveren:
Urhobo wayo

Not Urhobo wayo...but Urhobo wadoo
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by OvisFranko: 12:17am On Jul 14, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
Its good you posted this thread during time of our festive month. You didn't add that the "Ema" dance is only for Royalties only. When a king is to be coronated, when the king gives titles and when the king perform his yearly festive rituals to his predecessors (spirits of kings) so on these days kings dances EMA together with his princes and princesses and his Chiefs. No commoner dances EMA dance if a commoner dances it the spirits dances it with the commoner and that will make the commoner dance into land of the dead but royalties dance it together with the great spirits except for entertainment after necessary rituals to Spirits of Kings Mind u nobody can dance EMA dance with their cap on the head except the dance is outside the palace. I invite y'all for our festival this month.
Which kingdom?
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by OvisFranko: 12:23am On Jul 14, 2020
Mourinho24:
URHOBO MENA!

ODE ME OYE SE OGHENERO.

I REP UGHELLI SOUTH AND NORTH.

Oghenero=God dey.... No shaking.

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Liposure: 12:24am On Jul 14, 2020
alwayssparkling:
my tribe.

we will rise and gain relevance globally, not because of culture but because of pace setting.

urobo wado

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by OvisFranko: 12:25am On Jul 14, 2020
mhizv:

cry

Ododegho

Odedegho is a Ughelli community, off East West Road.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by OvisFranko: 12:31am On Jul 14, 2020
Revolva:
But why are urhobos people too funny and trikish

I tell you almost all of them I know I get tired of them easily

No wonder they keep calling them Wayo people

Trickish? That is an Hasty Generalization.
Moreover, deceitfulness is an inherent characteristics of humans irrespective of their ethnicity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi And His 7 Wives Step Out Together (Photo) / Urhobo Wa Doo! Learn/share Urhobo Stuff Here / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Marries Zainab Ali Bashir (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.