Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” (7360 Views)

Youths Vandalise Aishatu Jibril-Dukku's House In Gombe / See How Buhari's Past Came Back To Haunt Him / BREAKING: INEC Announces That Elections Will Continue Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by McCoy91(m): 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2011
Lmao. Its her kids i pity- the ridicule they must be receiving. Can she sincerely say that she thought she stood any chance against Jonathan or Atiku? That's ridiculous. Now she blames her unseriousness and slack on Nigerian women (not female delegates). One woman, one vote. Lol
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by chriswely: 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2011
Please enough of all this "pointless noise", you are a woman and so wt? Men and Women are all human beings, im tired of females looking for cheap sympathy,
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by lastpage: 8:31pm On Feb 04, 2011
@knight1
the picture was very nice.
well, she didn't really work for votes, so she shouldn't blame women anything.
in fact she is not different from atiku sef
Atiku playing Ethnic Politics
Jubril playing Gender politics
let her retire from contesting service abeg
GBAAM!

I just cant understand why she expected different?: "One woman, Multiple Vote"? Like GEJ & Atifku, that is called rigging! grin grin

On a more serious note, Sarah should not play "divide and rule" politics over here!
How on earth can her one man woo-man, one vote HAUNT Nigerian women? WHo is she, apart from being the wife of Jibril?

How many women's life has she impacted? Not to talk of men?
People seems to forget that "The good one does, lives with them"!

Just imagine, if she has been very assistive to other "PDP" women in her zone, her region, her country, to achieve their own ambitions, would they not have been loyal to her, to the last woman?

Its easy to expect "all women delegates" to vote for you just because u'r a woman but that would simply mean that "women are generally simpletons who have no mind" but we all know that, that is far from the truth: WOMEN ARE SMART, Madam Sarah! embarassed embarassed
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by ola4gold(f): 10:02pm On Feb 04, 2011
this is a srious matter! shocked
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Olaisrich(m): 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2011
i want to believe that madam Sarah is only angry for that only one vote which happen to be her
own vote. she was not angry because she failed to be the overall winner of the primary election.
but the direction of her anger only shown that she want to be the president of "female gender activist"
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by shotster50(m): 12:54am On Feb 05, 2011
What is this woman doing outside of the kitchen smh
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 05, 2011
So because she's a woman, women should vote for her? What is wrong with her and women of her kind? Panty alliance I swear. I refuse to be a part. When Hillary Clinton ran, I did not vote for her. Sarah Palin nko. Because we are of the same gender does not mean you are best for this country or any other country. XX or XY, if you're stupid, you're stupid and I won't support him or her.

If that's the only reason Nigerian women should be haunted, make she waka dey go. Other things of which to worry.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by savanaha: 4:16am On Feb 05, 2011
ogugua88:

So because she's a woman, women should vote for her? What is wrong with her and women of her kind? Panty alliance I swear. I refuse to be a part. When Hillary Clinton ran, I did not vote for her. Sarah Palin nko. Because we are of the same gender does not mean you are best for this country or any other country. XX or XY, if you're silly, you're silly and I won't support him or her.

If that's the only reason Nigerian women should be haunted, make she waka dey go. Other things of which to worry.

That is well funny!!! This Jubril lady is the Sarah Palin of Nigeria. All noise and no action. She must think woman are cows that just vote for other women because the ability to lactate.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Outstrip(f): 5:42am On Feb 05, 2011
I would be pissed too. Nigerian women like to take a back seat to everything. I am glad she is making noise. If she had 10 votes I bet you they would have been from men. It would even be Nigerian women who would be more interested in tearing her down
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 05, 2011
And if they don't agree with her views, women should still vote for her? :/
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Outstrip(f): 6:01am On Feb 05, 2011
Did I say that? You picked Clinton and Palin as your examples. Many women voted for them simply because they were women. Many black women voted for Hilary over Obama. If she had 3 votes I would say Nigerian women are about something but not even one. I am willing to bet it is because women in Nigeria do not want to do anything about issues that matter to women. They just want to sit down and cry about how it is a mans world and they have no choice but to live in it. I would have voted for this woman just to make a point. I know she would not win but I would have voted for her. The one vote she got is not something for you to smirk about. As a woman it should make you ask questions. I think what she is doing is commendable. I am just a little irritated that women are the ones mocking her the most
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by savanaha: 6:20am On Feb 05, 2011
Outstrip:

Did I say that? You picked Clinton and Palin as your examples. Many women voted for them simply because they were women. Many black women voted for Hilary over Obama. If she had 3 votes I would say Nigerian women are about something but not even one. I am willing to bet it is because women in Nigeria do not want to do anything about issues that matter to women. They just want to sit down and cry about how it is a mans world and they have no choice but to live in it. [b]I would have voted for this woman just to make a point. [/b]I know she would not win but I would have voted for her. The one vote she got is not something for you to smirk about. As a woman it should make you ask questions. I think what she is doing is commendable. I am just a little irritated that women are the ones mocking her the most

Based on my understanding it was only a pdp primary where only delegated members of the PDP could vote. Now if my understanding is correct, there may not be that many female delegates. But most importantly, personally, I would not vote for someone simply to make a point. What is the purpose of wasting a vote, when I want my vote to really count. Furthermore I think as bad as the political affairs in Nigeria is, I want to hope that female delegates don't just vote for someone who they don't support their political agenda, just to make a point.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Outstrip(f): 6:45am On Feb 05, 2011
How much worse can it get for women. I would vote just to make a point. Absolutely. The way you sound is almost like you know her personally. Voting for her simply because of her ability to lactate. The fact that you admit that she got beat out probably because she is female in a male dominated arena but then in the same breath make fun of her even doing what she is doing shows that you are not a part of the solution. Just my opinion.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by savanaha: 6:53am On Feb 05, 2011
Outstrip:

How much worse can it get for women. I would vote just to make a point. Absolutely. The way you sound is almost like you know her personally. Voting for her simply because of her ability to lactate. The fact that you admit that she got beat out probably because she is female in a male dominated arena but then in the same breath make fun of her even doing what she is doing shows that you are not a part of the solution. Just my opinion.

Whether I know her personally or not, or know her campaign points really doesn't matter in the end, because I am not even a PDP delegate. I'm not sure you are speaking to me but if you were, there is no where in my post that I admitted that she was beaten because she is in a male dominated area. My point was that it wasn't all the women in Nigeria that had the opportunity to vote so her unnecessary noise making is just that, unnecessary. If people did not see her as a worthy candidate, they did not vote for her, simple! How come the men that were not voted for aren't calling for fire and brimstone on manhood!
I remain on the stance that voting is too important for me to vote for someone just because we have mammary glands. Rather I would vote for someone I support their political view and feel that what they have to offer will help a country move forward.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by orgasm(m): 8:17am On Feb 05, 2011
If at all,it should haunt the pdp women delegates not d entire nigerian women.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by allycat: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2011
Whether in politicsor proffesionally or even at club level I can never cast a vote for any person who has no visible agenda simply because she is of the same gender as I am. I have been hearing of Sarah Jibril contesting for high office for decades but I have no idea of her political ideoloy save for the fact that she is a woman and she is always a member of APP- Any Party in Power. I have no idea of her personal or proffesional antecedents save for the fact that she has contested for office several times. She doe s not seem to be politically savy or even care to understand the waters in which she is swimming. She actually does not come accross as a politician but rather as a woman with too much money playing politics. Her response is even more annoying and childish and goes to show why she got only one vote.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by zoogy2007: 9:38am On Feb 05, 2011
What happened to Sarah Jubril at that PDP convention should haunt every one of us for a long time. A lot of people are starring truth in the face and yet do not want to admit it.

What happened there means that all the delegates did not vote with there conscience and until we stop to play this type of 'mobilization politics' we should not be expecting any change in our dear country.

You do not have to be given money to vote for any one. Do what your conscience tells you. Lets make that change that we always talk about.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by daroz(m): 11:01am On Feb 05, 2011
This woman is a joker, she said she is a politician aspiring to be a president, yet couldnt even mobilise 1 single vote for herself, even her friends, yet she dey cry and blame nigeria women. she suppose no say she no get level. Infact make she go sidon jo, she no get shame.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by hbrednic: 1:29pm On Feb 05, 2011
zoogy2007:

What happened to Sarah Jubril at that PDP convention should haunt every one of us for a long time. A lot of people are starring truth in the face and yet do not want to admit it.

What happened there means that all the delegates did not vote with there conscience and until we stop to play this type of 'mobilization politics' we should not be expecting any change in our dear country.

You do not have to be given money to vote for any one. Do what your conscience tells you. Lets make that change that we always talk about.
i believe you meant to say,HAUNT YOU FOREVER tongue tongue
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by dammytosh: 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2011
When Mummy was called to canvass for vote. She was busy campaigning for Jonathan and extolling the virtues of Obasanjo. I never expected her to vote for her self the way she took the stage as if she is leading a riot in a polytechnic.

This is not a gender issue, mama can not deliver if we entrust the nation in her hands. Only cabals would be in charge again.

- My Opinion
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Outstrip(f): 5:08pm On Feb 05, 2011
dammytosh:

When Mummy was called to canvass for vote. She was busy campaigning for Jonathan and extolling the virtues of Obasanjo. I never expected her to vote for her self the way she took the stage as if she is leading a riot in a polytechnic.

This is not a gender issue, mama can not deliver if we entrust the nation in her hands. Only cabals would be in charge again.

- My Opinion

Actually it is a gender issue for you. Why do you keep referring to her as mummy or mama. Did she give birth to you? Do you refer to Fashola as Daddy or GEJ as Papa?
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by dammytosh: 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2011
Outstrip:

Actually it is a gender issue for you. Why do you keep referring to her as mummy or mama. Did she give birth to you? Do you refer to Fashola as Daddy or GEJ as Papa?

I would have ignored this but i want to follow the book of the law. For your information, majority call Obasanjo Baba and it has nothing to do with gender.
If you listened to Sarah during the presidential primaries then we can take it up from there. In case you don't, just do me a favour by ignoring my post. God bless you as you cooperate.

- My Opinion.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by tlops(m): 9:09pm On Feb 05, 2011
What is is about Sarahs: Sarah Palin and now Sarah Jubril.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by lastpage: 1:56am On Feb 06, 2011
^^^^^Very funny and thought provoking statement!
Whats Gwan with these "Sarah's" sef?

Even in the Bible, that Sarah (Abraham's wife), was a rabble-rouser!
When it suited her, she asked her husband to marry her maid, so that they can have children and a lineage!
She did not trust or believe God's promise

When she had her own biological child, it was then that she "woke up & devised a plan" to incite her husband against the poor woman who was "used and dumped"!
"DRIVE HER AND HER SON AWAY", was the ultimatum she gave her husband!

Beware of Sarah! grin grin
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by luluosas(m): 2:52am On Feb 06, 2011
I was really disappointed the way pdp women delegates treated her. It goes to show what Nigerian women truely be. Is it because she did not share money among them that they even refuse her one additional vote? Must the Nigerian politics be money, money and money?
Shame! Shame!! Shame!!! to all pdp women who were there that day.
Shame to Josephine Anenih, who said that, she was going to support any woman who is contesting no matter the party she belongs. If you cannot give your one vote to madam Saral, who is in the same party with you, how can you do it for other political party women candidates?
Shame to Mrs Jonathan, who is deceiving the ordinary Nigerian women with her Women For Change Initiative. You are clamouring for 35% affirmative policy for women either for elective or appointment position and yet you could not give your one vote to a woman like you.
Come to think of it. Was madam Saral thinking that she will win the primary? Not at all. But, her position over the outcome of the primary is what she is not happy about. She was really humiliated by the pdp women delegates. May her one vote continue to haunt them! Yeye women delegates.
Nairalanders, do you know that, before the pdp presidential primary election started that day, some shameless pdp women delegates were annoyed that, some States did not have up to 4 women as deligates for the election. What surprised me was the outcome of that election that, not even a single vote was mistakenly cast for madam Saral. It is a pity.
In fact, that pdp primary election was a sham. I heard that, the delegates who voted for Atiku was the ones he was able to meet one on one in Abuja before the election started. Others were locked up by their greedy Governors for their selfish reasons.
I hate to call the pdp election selection free and fair.
God will save nigeria!
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by shotster50(m): 3:45am On Feb 06, 2011
^^^^ Why would you jump on a ship when it is quite obviously sinking?
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by ugoani(m): 10:06am On Feb 06, 2011
its unfortunate i not part of the delegate i would have voted for her atleast for taking a bold step
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by almoner(m): 10:50am On Feb 06, 2011
They are birds of same feather
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by favouredjb(f): 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2011
The woman is not composed at all,anyone who saw her while making her speech on the day of the primaries would have thought she was high or something

what with her underwear,coming out of the iro n buba,sha has no agenda too

i wont be surprised if she vies for the seat again come 2015

her children should pls talk to her
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by KnowAll(m): 8:09pm On Feb 06, 2011
Thank God the riggers gave her 1 vote what if they gave her zero vote, forgetting that she would have to vote for herself that would have scuttle the whole elections.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by ddiamond(f): 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2011
it a pity,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Jew Status Dna Test Is Pathetic And Treason To Igbo Race! / Tinubu Hits Pdp Over Boko Haram / FEC Approves Seven New Road Projects Across The Six Geo-political Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.