Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,915 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' (43574 Views)

"50 Guests Died After Attending A Yahoo Boy's Party In Alagbole Akute, Lagos" / COVID-19 - Natural Cure To Corona Virus - Was Proven In Israel / Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 13, 2020
"I think I made a mistake. I thought this was a hoax, but it's not."

Those were the final words of a 30-year-old patient who died at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio this week after attending a so-called "COVID party," according to the hospital.

Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children’s Hospital, said in a recorded statement that the unidentified patient told nurses about the party, which she said is hosted by someone diagnosed with coronavirus.

"The thought is people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected," Appleby said.

Appleby said she shared the story not to scare people, but to make sure they understand that the virus can affect anyone.

Bexar County, where San Antonio is located, currently has 18,602 confirmed cases, with an increase of 923 on Friday, according to the Department of Health.

The age range with the most cases were in people aged 20 to 29, making up 24%, and 30 to 39, making up 20%, according to the department.
Appleby said her hospital is seeing more cases in people in their 20s and 30s.

She said while some can be treated and discharged, others become seriously ill.

Appleby warned that the virus "doesn't discriminate" and encouraged the public to wear a mask and stay home as much as possible.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/30-year-man-dies-attending-covid-party-thinking/story?id=71731414

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by CanadaOrBust: 1:22am On Jul 13, 2020
I dedicate this FTC to all those who say Corona is one big conspiracy with Bill Gates and vaccine and 5G and microchip and other ingredients and Antichrist and Illuminate will inject u with 666 and the world is ending! AND DON’T LET ANYBODY INJECT U WITH VACCINE!!!!!!
Aaaaahhhhhh!!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by GboyegaD(m): 1:28am On Jul 13, 2020
The way these guys sit without social distancing at bars tells many feels it is either not true or it can't be transmitted in the Summer.

9 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by NobleSeed(m): 1:31am On Jul 13, 2020
Party after party..
E clear now Abi?

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by MajorOvakporaye(f): 1:34am On Jul 13, 2020
fake gist!
beer parlour talk

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by CanadaOrBust: 1:35am On Jul 13, 2020
GboyegaD:
The way these guys sit without social distancing at bars tells many feels it is either not true or it can't be transmitted in the Summer.

It is hard to transmit in heat like in summer or in 9ja.
But they forget one thing:
THEY HAVE AC EVERYWHERE!!!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by domDva(m): 1:46am On Jul 13, 2020
See fine hospital owned by a church .I hope Methodist Church Nigeria learns from this to expand and reconstruct some of its hospitals across the country.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by tobechi74: 2:03am On Jul 13, 2020
They want to spread the fear the more.we know itbis real.but we have to live with it since we cant cure

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by tobechi74: 2:16am On Jul 13, 2020
Enough of this fear. covis is real we know. so we should not live again

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by Guestlander: 3:13am On Jul 13, 2020
Nairalanders who calls it a scamdemic should all get together and organize their own covid party.
Dum.b people.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by Righteousness89(m): 4:20am On Jul 13, 2020
Let's Magnify JESUS !Let's Stop Magnifying Covid-19

People have always died from one ailment or the other!

People will Die..

Let's Magnify what is Important! Whether we live or we die, JESUS is all that Matters!

You die with Covid-19 or you die without Covid-19 has no connection with your Eternity!

But you Die without JESUS !!! Kasala don Burst!!

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 4:24am On Jul 13, 2020
His ancestors will be ashamed of him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 4:25am On Jul 13, 2020
Righteousness89:
Let's Magnify JESUS !Let's Stop Magnifying Covid-19

People have always died from one ailment or the other!

People will Die..

Let's Magnify what is Important! Whether we live or we die, JESUS is all that Matters!

You die with Covid-19 or you die without Covid-19 has no connection with your Eternity!

But you Die without JESUS !!! Kasala don Burst!!
dear mannabbqgrils what if I die with Buddah or Allah. Which eternity will I be?

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by Righteousness89(m): 4:27am On Jul 13, 2020
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:
dear mannabbqgrils what if I die with Buddah or Allah. Which eternity will I be?

There is Salvation in No Other!

Salvation is only in JESUS CHRIST!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 4:38am On Jul 13, 2020
Righteousness89:

There is Salvation in No Other!
Salvation is only in JESUS CHRIST!
what I asked is a straight question.Let me post it again maybe you missed the question

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by Righteousness89(m): 4:44am On Jul 13, 2020
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:
what I asked is a straight question.Let me post it again maybe you missed the question

I just gave you the Answer!

Let me Rephrase, Without Accepting JESUS, you are Heading for Destruction! You are Heading for Hell Fire!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by Standing5(m): 5:15am On Jul 13, 2020
Mumu kind of death.
Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by SarkinYarki: 5:19am On Jul 13, 2020
These are the parties the democrats have been organizing just to make sure Covid spreads
Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 5:32am On Jul 13, 2020
Righteousness89:

Let me Rephrase, Without Accepting JESUS, you are Heading for Destruction! You are Heading for Hell Fire!
shocked shocked ewo let me quickly go and be practicing fire dance... Hells gonna be lit. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by Righteousness89(m): 5:44am On Jul 13, 2020
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:
shocked shocked ewo let me quickly go and be practicing fire dance... Hells gonna be lit. grin

Ok

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by Tunde835(m): 6:40am On Jul 13, 2020
Indiscipline Is Synominous 2 american citizens

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by GreaterFuture1(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2020
Party after Party

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by EyezofGod120: 9:56am On Jul 13, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by tillaman(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2020
All them Americans attending beach parties in Florida and the likes, I saw the turn up and I was like wow, These People are tripping
I can’t blame them sha it’s all becoming clearer now
Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by akosy(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2020
K
Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by Jh0wsef(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2020
Oboy.
Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by XXLMANDIGO: 9:56am On Jul 13, 2020
May we not find ourselves in irreparable regret, amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by koladebrainiac(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2020
h
Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2020
Even oyinbo wey get the disease no believe am, abeg make una shaa stay safe Naija people

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by Rityonyi(f): 9:57am On Jul 13, 2020
Sorry dear; its a pity I later believed in your last moments
Re: Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' by JuicePac(m): 9:57am On Jul 13, 2020
Covid party..hehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Swiss Man Left In Intensive Care After Suffering Lung Injury From Masturbating / Anambra Women Ministry Clears Nkpor Express of Mentally Challenged Persons (Pix) / Woman Who Has Buried 7 Out Of Her 8 Children Laments In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.