Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,761 members, 7,802,323 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa (54401 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Prof. Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1967 By The Police. / Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo / Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Welcomed In America In 1961 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:
If only Wole Soyinka would step out to march in a protest against Buhari same way he did against Goodluck Jonathan.

This country is about to go into another recession. Who is gonna save the country this time?

Just hear yourself. An 86 year old man will march in a protest, while you that is less than 40 will sit at home and watch. Tufiakwa!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:
If only Wole Soyinka would step out to march in a protest against Buhari same way he did against Goodluck Jonathan.

This country is about to go into another recession. Who is gonna save the country this time?

This man is how old? 80+

He was younger than most of us commenting here when he started his advocacy for a better Nigeria.

Yet the youths of today still want grandpa to step out and fight for them.

Sowore stepped out to fight for Nigerians.

They laughed at him, mocked him when he was arrested and labeled the protest as a Yoruba protest.

Please, let Wole Soyinka rest, na beg I dey beg you o. We still want him to reach 100 years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:08am On Jul 13, 2020
Mysticwebb:

He doesn't need to steal his wife's dress, people from that side always have rat poison in their pocket waiting for when the going gets tough.
That was what gave him that confidence.
Luckily for him, it didn't get tougher than what he expected.

Cry on brother

He didn't run to Gabon like your leaders

Ojukwu ran
Kanu ran

Who's next?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by mamajaz(f): 10:09am On Jul 13, 2020
grin grin grin
illicit:
Igo loju omo odaran

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

He won't....

So if he steps out, an 80-year old grandpa to lead a protest, you will be sitting at home watching telemundo abi?
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 10:14am On Jul 13, 2020
ekestic1976:

An 86-year old man should head a march against government tyranny while you a child of yesterday pounds your keyboard looking for the next foreigner to scam!

This was almost shrewd, then your ignorance ruined it.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2020
Nooil:

Just hear yourself. An 86 year old man will march in a protest, while you that is less than 40 will sit at home and watch. Tufiakwa!

So you are saying he's spineless? He's a prominent person. If I step out and get killed nobody would care, but his case is different.

He did it against Goodluck Jonathan, he can do it again.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Slimsly100(f): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2020
Abeg wetin be the difference between cell, Jail and prison
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 10:18am On Jul 13, 2020
FrLukas:

This man is how old? 80+

He was younger than most of us commenting here when he started his advocacy for a better Nigeria.

They laughed at him, mocked him when he was arrested and labeled the protest as a Yoruba protest.

Please, let Wole Soyinka rest, na beg I dey beg you o. We still want him to reach 100 years.

Now this is meaningful and incisive. Well understood. But we still need a saviour, why don't you risk your own life for this sake of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Achorise: 10:22am On Jul 13, 2020
When Nigeria was not crowded
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

Now this is meaningful and incisive. Well understood. But we still need a saviour, why don't you risk your own life for this sake of Nigeria.

I would risk my life for Nigeria except that I don't believe in one Nigeria anymore.

You can check my earlier posts for my position on this.

If I start a revolutionary protest, will you come out?

Won't you first check what my religion is? My ethnicity? My standing in the society?

Even if all the above were checked right, will you still come out and join me in the streets?

The answer is no, you won't.

Do you know how I know that?

Because I learnt from Sowore's mistake.

It's not like I can't organize a protest that will turn the tide in Nigeria, but Nigerian youths are still sleeping.

They are more worried about the next challenge on Twitter and Instagram.

They are worried about making a quick buck than having a society that supports their aspirations and dreams.

I won't fight for a country that I know deep within me is dead and rotten and maggots have infested it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by 9gerian: 10:32am On Jul 13, 2020
cheesy grin

IvarTheBoneless:
See the way he was confidently walking to police custody, head up high.

He didn't steal his wife's dress and ran away in the middle of the night...

I wonder why some people are crying over an innocent comment. tongue I mentioned no names grin
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Mysticwebb: 10:39am On Jul 13, 2020
MICHEALADEX:

Cry on brother

He didn't run to Gabon like your leaders

Ojukwu ran
Kanu ran

Who's next?
You don't know my leader.
For the two people you mentioned, they never cowardly ate rat poison like your leaders.
Awolowo ate rat poison to escape torment from his slave masters.
Abiola cowardly followed the same footsteps by eating the left over of the Awolowo's rat poison.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2020
FrLukas:

I would risk my life for Nigeria except that I don't believe in one Nigeria anymore.

You can check my earlier posts for my position on this.

If I start a revolutionary protest, will you come out?

Won't you first check what my religion is? My ethnicity? My standing in the society?

Even if all the above were checked right, will you still come out and join me in the streets?

The answer is no, you won't.

Do you know how I know that?

Because I learnt from Sowore's mistake.

It's not like I can't organize a protest that will turn the tide in Nigeria, but Nigerian youths are still sleeping.

They are more worried about the next challenge on Twitter and Instagram.

They are worried about making a quick buck than having a society that supports their aspirations and dreams.

I won't fight for a country that I know deep within me that it is dead and rotten and maggots have infested it.

Ethnical Prejudice has kept us down for long. Kill tribalism and watch Nigeria grow. Nairaland is actually a platform for intense tribal war, and that shit has a negative impact on our country's growth too.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 13, 2020
EastGold:
Sarrki, what should we do with this picture now?

Should we fry beans?
when they ask you for interview now
you will start to dey stammer
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by DelphiOracle(m): 10:43am On Jul 13, 2020
Mysticwebb:

He doesn't need to steal his wife's dress, people from that side always have rat poison in their pocket waiting for when the going gets tough.
That was what gave him that confidence.
Luckily for him, it didn't get tougher than what he expected.
y are you people speaking in riddles?
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 13, 2020
I just bought his book the man died expect it to deliver tomorrow
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by DelphiOracle(m): 10:48am On Jul 13, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:

ANS: 100m sprint on the way to Abidjan in a woman's dress. grin

I heard that he got there before the coward General.

[img]https://media1./images/3409007ebe99e0f7a151cd7a85ecf47d/tenor.gif?itemid=5742035[/img]
really
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Greatzeus(m): 10:50am On Jul 13, 2020
Is he still an atheist? Or sense has fallen on him now that he sees he's closer to meeting his Maker?
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by skukimania(f): 10:56am On Jul 13, 2020
See how that place looked so beautiful then. The rot wasn't so deep at the time.
Was the day Friday? Native everywhere unlike now.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by helpfindbolu: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2020
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Baycard55(m): 11:25am On Jul 13, 2020
ChoCho54:
Woke Soyinka, an erudite professor who was decieved by a dense, tribal religious fanatic Gen Buhari.

Soyinka ventured to change the narrative of the leopard never changing it's spot.

Like Sarrki said above and I agree, 98% Nigerians are corrupt.
What this means is that Soyinka gave his support for buhari whom he had disparaged in the past, at a fee.

The remaining 2% clean Nigerians are myself and Sarrki.

Smh
So you and Sarrki is the 2% of over 200million people
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

So you are saying he's spineless? He's a prominent person. If I step out and get killed nobody would care, but his case is different.

He did it against Goodluck Jonathan, he can do it again.

Smh. How about you start making yourself prominent. Start with that march.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Dedetwo(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2020
Openbusiness3:
This was the time Nigeria Police don't go about carrying gun. They carried baton that was popularly called "Kondo Olopa". In fact, the Yoruba derivative word "OLOPA" for Police actually stemmed from the fact that Police was known to carry batons, not guns. "Olo+opa" meaning "the holder of stick or staff, which actually was their way of saying Baton. Indomie generation won't know this grin . Check my signature to buy intelligent dispenser. Best quality North America product with warranty

They also carried guns especially MK3 and MK4 when on special duties. .
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2020
sarrki:

I agree with you 100%

Having said that virtually 98% of Nigerians are corrupt

na see that woman at the beginning of the video ?

this bleaching don tire for Yoruba land ?
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

Ethnical Prejudice has kept us down for long. Kill tribalism and watch Nigeria grow. Nairaland is actually a platform for intense tribal war, and that shit has a negative impact on our country's growth too.

That's wishful thinking.

You can't kill ethnic sentiments in people.

The same reason why racism can never end in the world is the same reason tribalism can never end in Nigeria.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 11:50am On Jul 13, 2020
Nooil:

Smh. How about you start making yourself prominent. Start with that march.

So marching against Buhari would make me prominent? Lol

After you left Sowore for dead who is slightly prominent, so you think I'd do better than Sowore abi? You lie.

I'd be dead in seconds and I won't even appear on the news.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2020
Dunsin2020:
I just bought his book the man died expect it to deliver tomorrow

be ready to be disappointed!
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 13, 2020
FrLukas:

This man is how old? 80+

As in eh! It's this part that makes me angry. They even started saying he was abusing Jonathan and supporting Buhari as if people do not make mistakes in judging characters. They removed their focus from the sacrifices he was making and dwelt on unnecessary things. Now Wole should carry his frail bones and march for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2020
FrLukas:

That's wishful thinking.

You can't kill ethnic sentiments in people.

The same reason why racism can never end in the world is the same reason tribalism can never end in Nigeria.

It can never end. But it can be controlled. Same with crimes, crimes can never end but can be controlled.

That's all we neeeeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Chased Away From Nri Palace Of Anambra Monarch / Gunmen Burn Nkporo Police Station In Abia (Photos) / Couple Rocking Peter Obi Outfits (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.