Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

JESUS CHRIST And The True Believers As The Light Of The World. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / JESUS CHRIST And The True Believers As The Light Of The World. (111 Views)

Prophet Livingston Kwame: If You Marry Jesus Christ And Nag, He Will Dump You / Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JESUS CHRIST And The True Believers As The Light Of The World. by iruoghene7(m): 9:27am On Jul 13, 2020
JESUS CHRIST AND HIS TRUE FOLLOWERS AS THE LIGHT.
Jesus Christ said in John 9:5
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
Also every true believer in their day are the light as we see in Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Remember in his first coming of redemption, john the baptist, the prophesied Elijah of malachi 3 came to forerun his first coming
John 1:7
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
John 1:8
He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
And we see elijah again prophesied to come to forerun his second coming, to bear witness of that light Malachi 4:5-6 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Finally, brethren we should note that we are the light of the world(i.e. true believers of their age) because we have the spirit of the lord Jesus Christ in us as we see in Romans 8:9, 14 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

If we are truly the light of the world let his mind be in us and be baptised by his spirit then our good works(fruits of his spirit in us) will show forth. Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

God help us to live our lives as the light that we ought to be in Jesus name, amen��please feel free to forward so as to encourage someone out there.
For scriptural discussion and decent talks of encouraging one another you can reach me on +2348120841446 via WhatsApp.

(1) (Reply)

The Creeping Thing / Costly Joy / God Has A Plan For All - Pastor Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.