Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell (1610 Views)

My Taste And Smell Is Back / Loss Of Taste And Smell / How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by Naijasurveys(f): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2020
Due to the increase in reports of many Nigerians experiencing recent loss of smell, loss of taste or both in the past few months, we wish to gather information as regards this for research purposes only. We humbly request anyone who has recently experienced loss of smell and/or taste to please participate.

Your identity and responses in this study will be collated anonymously.

This survey takes less than 5 mins to fill and we will be grateful if you will kindly participate and forward this link below�� to others. Thank you.

https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=yFn63dA4o0mCLh07y1v4W_erov-gXyNEndBjDWIB3eFUQzFQUjRISDY3SldZSEhJRkNJMlI3VzVEVC4u

1 Like

Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by Naijasurveys(f): 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2020
The survey takes less than 5 mins to fill
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by skywalker240(m): 9:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
Am experiencing loss of taste and smell plus phlegm in my nostrils and throat

And I took malaria drugs and amoxicillin and am already feeling better grin

What do you want me to say, that I have covid 19 ? undecided grin

4 Likes

Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by Rickylambert: 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
skywalker240:
Am experiencing loss of taste and smell plus phlegm in my nostrils and throat

And I took malaria drugs and amoxicillin and am already feeling better grin

What do you want me to say, that's I have covid 19 ? undecided grin
I'm actually feeling exactly the same bro......my own is over 2weeks now.Phlegm in my nose nd stuffy too.I ve be taking random antibiotics and antimalarial drugs.Currently,the taste and smell is back but the stuffy nose and re occuring fever has continued.Its over 3weeks ooo

1 Like

Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by skywalker240(m): 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2020
Rickylambert:
I'm actually feeling exactly the same bro......my own is over 2weeks now.Phlegm in my nose nd stuffy too.I ve be taking random antibiotics and antimalarial drugs.Currently,the taste and smell is back but the stuffy nose and re occuring fever has continued.Its over 3weeks ooo
It is well. We will overcome
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by LadyMedina25(f): 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
Late last month I could not smell my favorite perfume and all food were tasteless, I fried egg and ate with Indomie no single taste that I had to dash it out to a small boy in my house,suddenly one Friday night I struggled to breath till next morning. I had to use paracetamol because the chest pain was so tight, I called Covid 19 hotline it was switched off, I just stayed at home and avoided every one for some days but am fine now.
Please I don’t know if children are not susceptible to the virus because before I realized what I did was a risk, the small boy had already finished the food and up till now he’s still jumping about even telling me to cook another noodles for him.
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by Nenye89(f): 12:15am On Jul 20, 2020
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by Naijasurveys(f): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2020
Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences here. Loss of smell or taste does not mean one has COVID-19. Not all those who suffer from COVID-19 will exhibit loss of taste/smell and not all who experience these loss of taste/smell are infected with COVID19. However, the best way now to ascertain this is by standardised PCR test. The importance of this survey is to bring out other factors that are associated to these recent loss of taste/smell.

Many thanks to those who have filled the survey and we will appreciate you sharing the survey links among your friends and colleagues.
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by Kaykay999(m): 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
Rickylambert:
Mine was 1week
Just take a mixture of garlic and ginger,I’m sure u will be fine.
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by Zabilon007(m): 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
I did o.... Lost the sense of smell... And then sense of taste a week after... Lasted for 3 weeks. Headaches and all. But glory be to God, we defeated Covid-19. cool
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by wajaja: 6:48am On Aug 02, 2020
It happened to me just last month. Just lost of smell and taste and nothing more. I was so worried....last for more than a week and gradually it came back without taking anything.
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by CaptalnMitch: 8:20am On Aug 02, 2020
wajaja:
It happened to me just last month. Just lost of smell and taste and nothing more. I was so worried....last for more than a week and gradually it came back without taking anything.
you can still go for the test tho. You may be asymptomatic
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by vershum4u: 12:28pm On Aug 02, 2020
I kinda experienced this too. Loss of smell and taste. Actually, it lasted about 2 weeks thereabout.
I assumed it was malaria and typhoid, so I visited a nurse who gave me some drugs. Anti malaria as well as amoxil for typhoid. I wasnt getting better, so I took some local herbs. Then I got better. But the loss of taste and smell persisted for some time. But I'm okay now. Thanks to Almighty God.
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by vershum4u: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2020
One more thing I experienced that seemed a bit worrisome to me, was inability to breathe in air properly. I was always feeling some sort of pain in n my nostrils while taking in air.
I had to always cover my nose.
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by Adroit144(m): 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
I have been experiencing it for the past almost 2 months although it is better but not fully back.. when it started I had a complete loss of smell and I could only identify bitter taste

1 Like

Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by sampopey(m): 7:02am On Aug 28, 2020
Have lost my sense of smell and taste for almost two months now and still counting. Was briefly down with malaria which I treated but the loss of smell still persist. It is a constant source of worry to me.

1 Like

Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by Kirigidi(m): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2020
sampopey:
Have lost my sense of smell and taste for almost two months now and still counting. Was briefly down with malaria which I treated but the loss of smell still persist. It is a constant source of worry to me.
Mine is over three months now I have not regained my sense of smell though my sense of taste is gradually coming back to normal.
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by DEWKID(m): 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
cry Though mine has been like 3months i can now persive smell and i can taste food but my smell is not responsive like before its low. And its worrisome
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by cbrezy(m): 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2020
DEWKID:
cry Though mine has been like 3months i can now persive smell and i can taste food but my smell is not responsive like before its low. And its worrisome

wow same thing happened to me too, sister also and it stopped like same period it happened to you...

1 Like

Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by DEWKID(m): 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
cbrezy:

wow same thing happened to me too, sister also and it stopped like same period it happened to you...

yes bro it happened to me and not only me and also many of my friends that are here also they said its corona virus which may seem right thank GOD its not like the covid19 in europe
Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by cbrezy(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2020
DEWKID:

yes bro it happened to me and not only me and also many of my friends that are here also they said its corona virus which may seem right thank GOD its not like the covid19 in europe

funny thing it happened to Brother Uchenna and he called because he was scared and daddy told him that me and sister are facing same thing hehe

1 Like

Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by DEWKID(m): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2020
cbrezy:

funny thing it happened to Brother Uchenna and he called because he was scared and daddy told him that me and sister are facing same thing hehe

hilarious though it came with malaria

1 Like

Re: Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell by cbrezy(m): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
DEWKID:

hilarious though it came with malaria

cheesy what a shame, we're even and that body weakness and dizziness with a little bit of headache so awuful.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Resident Doctors Downtools From Monday / Nigerian Men And Their Bo/mo. . . .body Odor/mouth Odor / Have You Or Your Dog Been Poisoned By Diamond Pet Foods?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.