Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Starting A Frozen Food Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Frozen Food Business (1172 Views)

I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account / What Do I Need To Start A Frozen Foods Business At Ibadan?? / How To Start Frozen Food Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Frozen Food Business by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 13, 2020
Please can someone teach me what it takes to start a frozen food business?
I recently relocated to a new state and where I live there's no frozen food shop and I intend starting it but have no idea whatsoever how it's been run.
Would like to know:
*Cost to start up.
*Things I'll need to run a successful one.
*Cheapest places to source at wholesale/distributor price in Abuja.
*How it is measured and sold. (Chicken,Turkey,Fish)

Please someone already in the business or anyone with idea on it kindly help me start something, I don find work tire!
Re: Starting A Frozen Food Business by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
Wow...no one to help��
Re: Starting A Frozen Food Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
What I know is that, the business is very profitable!
Re: Starting A Frozen Food Business by cybug: 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
Search for threats on frozen food business... I've come across few

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Frozen Food Business by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 15, 2020
okay, thanks
Re: Starting A Frozen Food Business by Seniorwriter(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2020
amaraf:
Please can someone teach me what it takes to start a frozen food business?
I recently relocated to a new state and where I live there's no frozen food shop and I intend starting it but have no idea whatsoever how it's been run.
Would like to know:
*Cost to start up.
*Things I'll need to run a successful one.
*Cheapest places to source at wholesale/distributor price in Abuja.
*How it is measured and sold. (Chicken,Turkey,Fish)

Please someone already in the business or anyone with idea on it kindly help me start something, I don find work tire!

OP hope u have started the business if not
Remember that once u think of an idea someone somewhere is also thinking and strategizing on the same course too.
Do your due diligence with the following below
1.) How good is the power supply in your area.
2.) How close or far are you from the nearest Abattoir.
3.) What kind of frozen foods(fish or beef) are readily bought in your neighborhood.
4.) Are you intending a long/short Term venture.
5.) What frozen food equipment do you yet have.

Reply appropriately so I can elucidate on the best approach to scaling up with this Frozen Food venture.
SMJay:

1. 5-8hrs
2. It probably 5 minutes to the market
3. Turkey, chicken, Orobo and shawa fish
4. Long term
5. Fridge soon to buy generator ONLY

Though you are not the OP but haven quoted my mention on this thread I'll just give you tips on how to maximally scale-up on your frozen food operations for huge profits.
Take this steps:
# Make sure you sell @ a competitive price by creating a little discounted amount even if it's #20 offer(like a Promo) to your buyers and let them know you are doing so deliberately so they can be your active buyers (get to know how much others are selling theirs).....one of my clients I help set up an online earning Seller - Buyer sales Funnel that has one thousand constant weekly buyers gives a discount of #50 for every caton bought by a customer (buyer).

# Make sure to get the phone contacts of some of your customers then @ intervals send bulk SMS complimentary messages to thank them and also to update them on price changes and your promo also engaging them will create a lasting emotional attachment.
For those contacts that buy often you can give incentives like a recharge card @the end of the week even if it's #100 card ...one strategy that keeps them coming back to buy from you and they'll also advertise to others based on those incentives.
Let me shed more light on this strategy; imagine you patronized a POS vendor for withdrawals or transfers and when you got home alas you get a message thanking you for your patronage then you decided to always use that same vendor then again @the end of the month you got a recharge card incentive from same vendor, will you stop using that outlet? That's one strategy that works all the time for me and most of my mentees under my entrepreneural mentorship.

# Make sure to get @least one thousand(1k) customers that buy in bulk before ninety(90) days of operations( I have a blue print towards achieving this) you can request for it(fee is $10 or it's naira equivalent) the advantage of having such number of bulk buyers is that even if they only buy just once a month each and you peg your profit even @ #100 naira on each buys from them you are assured of @least #100k(hundred thousand naira) profit monthly from these constant transactions....
...I'll stop here and you should reach out to the Facebook ID on my profile if you need more sales tips or further consultations.
All the best to you @SMJay.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Frozen Food Business by SMJay: 12:36am On Jul 18, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
What I know is that, the business is very profitable!
How do you know when you are not jnto it?
Re: Starting A Frozen Food Business by SMJay: 12:44am On Jul 18, 2022
Seniorwriter:

OP hope u have started the business if not
Remember that once u think of an idea someone somewhere is also thinking and strategizing on the same course too.
Do your due diligence with the following below
1.) How good is the power supply in your area.
2.) How close or far are you from the nearest Abattoir.
3.) What kind of frozen foods(fish or beef) are readily bought in your neighborhood.
4.) Are you intending a long/short Term venture.
5.) What frozen food equipment do you yet have.

Reply appropriately so I can elucidate on the best approach to scaling up with this Frozen Food venture.

Best Regards.
1. 5-8hrs
2. It probably 5 minutes to the market
3. Turkey, chicken, Orobo and shawa fish
4. Long term
5. Fridge soon to buy generator ONLY
Re: Starting A Frozen Food Business by Sambai65(m): 2:48am On Jul 18, 2022
Update please
Re: Starting A Frozen Food Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2022
SMJay:
How do you know when you are not jnto it?

A close relative does the business, hence my assertion.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Frozen Food Business by SMJay: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

A close relative does the business, hence my assertion.
Thank you for your response. You mind giving me a detailed break down or possibly challenges about the business as I have been doing some research to venture into it soon
Re: Starting A Frozen Food Business by Sambai65(m): 9:33am On Aug 18, 2022
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Business Opportunity That Earned Me Over $700 In Just 5 Days / Corporate Partnerships For Startups / Please Can Somebody Help Me Market My Made In Nigeria Suits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.