Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,889 members, 7,798,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Share Your Annoying Market Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Annoying Market Experience (15009 Views)

My Alaba Market Experience On Mobile Phones Accessories / Killing Annoying Mosquitoes Just Got Easier, If You Love Your Family Buy This / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Kalatium(m): 11:21am On Jul 13, 2020
Nigerian markets are filled with drama. Today i will like to share some of my annoying market experience.

1. Last year i was passing through the market but was blocked by an igbo man that i should come and buy his bedsheets, i told him i was just passing. While we were altercating another man came and met us that i should buy shoes from his shop i told them i was not interested. They both started dragging me each telling me to go to his shop i angrily told them to back off that they are harrassing me and they stop.

2. I went to buy shoes on a faithful day when a man told me he knows where i can buy correct shoes. He took me to the place and after buying the shoe, he told me the shoe can easy get spoiled that he will take me to the guy that will help me fix shoe nails for free. We went there and i ask the guy hope its free he said yes. After he added the shoe nails to my shoe he told me it was 1500 naira. I was flabbergasted and petplexed, i told him didnt he said it was free. He said he doesn’t like such nonsense thats it's the first one that is for free. Before i know many people gathered around because we were seriously quarelling. Then the initial man that brought me there said he will pay 1000 naira and i will pay the remaining 500naira i was angry. I just had to close my eyes and pay that money.

3. Another day i bought some pair of shoes and while coming back. A man who was sitting down was shouting bros, bros i am talking to you come and enter my shop. In my mind i was like "see this man o is it jazz you are using that will make you enter my shop.

So, whats your annoying market Experience?

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by letskeeptalking: 11:28am On Jul 13, 2020
I went for monthly shopping and spent over 100k on provisions and childcare items. Put them in a barrow and was following the barrow closely. Told him to wait while i buy cashew nut and he stopped. Took my eyes off him for maybe one minute and he dissapered. I searcher the whole mareket foor over 4hours, reported to market security . . . No sign of him.

That's how I lost everything I bought that day.

Had to come back the next day to buy the exact same items. So annoying and frustrating.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Kalatium(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2020
letskeeptalking:
I went for monthly shopping and spent over 100k on provisions and childcare items. Put them in a barrow and was following the barrow closely. Told him to wait while i buy cashew nut and he stopped. Took my eyes off him for maybe one minute and he dissapered. I searcher the whole mareket foor over 4hours, reported to market security . . . No sign of him.

Had to come back the next day to buy the exact same items. So annoying and frustrating.

Wooooow.
That man is a big thief o

33 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Dpsychologist: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
I went to buy something in the market but all those picking pocket stole my phone from my pocket. It was very painful.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Kalatium(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2020
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Shellsploit: 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Am here to read comments..
Whisper if you need a chair! grin

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Chidexter(m): 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Rushed to buy wid one cold , rainy, Sunday morning..... Mistakenly bumped into a raid, Las Las I saw where the runaway seller threw the bag. I picked it and trudged home angrily, I was annoyed cos I'll have to stay home for weeks without seeing my niggas. Sipping my stuff alone.

Note: jk

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
letskeeptalking:

Wow such a sad story. Like the aboki meat griller down there said, it happens in computer village a lot. Just be lucky you didn't buy a phone and find fufu inside grin

In Lagos market you just gats to SHINE YOUR EYES!!!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Slawormir: 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Let me light up my weed while i read comments

No experience sha.... except for all those bunch of perverts and annoying boys way dey like to create awareness for New Benin market once them see girls with big back side or girls with skimpy and tight fitted cloths revealing thier coke bottle shape

Na so one be want create awareness on top my two sisters head.... because them wear skimpy outfits like that
He nor know say i dey waka dey come from their back...
The boy dey dragg and pull their arm....he one dey create awareness

As a real niggarrr i just waka reach were he dey na tell am make he nor try that nonsense again...make he nor even start that kind rubbish say i be Bini boy
If he try am say me and him go get problem and the whole of Benin city nor go dey safe for am

36 Likes 7 Shares

When Obaseki increased the market levy and threatened to demolish shop if they don't pay the TAX COLLECTORS grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Funny memories.

Reminiscent times.

We go to the market on a bi-weekly basis just before covid19 started.

We have witnessed a lot of funny, annoying, mad, experiences,

Trying to pen down the Top 3....

No place like Naija mehn! cool
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by brosom(m): 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Nothing to say, just here to read comments.
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
letskeeptalking:

What a sad story!
This same issue of people disappearing with your goods or money happens at Computer Village a lot.
In Lagos markets, you just gats to SHINE YOUR EYES!!

3 Likes 1 Share

At Alaba market when I started a mini business that time. Those Alaba boys realised that I was new in that environment from the way I speak normal English instead pidgin. I keep seeing them everywhere I go. Their sole aim was to rob me but at the end I went home without buying anything.. The following day I went there again still didn't buy anything until I realized that they are no longer following me. Then third day I bought my stuff and left 4 my state... Alaba is a very bad place to start buying stuff

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Digitalstarlite: 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
My shopping experience is computer village...wen I went to buy a phone that is not working but use sugar month to tell me is working...carry me to different places, corner to prove to me...

Everybody na scam for dat village... Even my church member...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Amspecial: 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
grin
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ayoswit(f): 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
K
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by ODJ124(m): 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
this thread go long... lemme park here..

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by AmuDimpka: 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Order online
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by geedot: 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Mine was a short but unforgettable one. Happened at Idumota, this Igbo guy dragged me and I had to lie to him I would patronise him on my way back.

But I was carried away and forgotten about him, I mistakenly passed the same route and before I could remember, I was already close to his shop. As I was trying to dodge him from seeing me.

The unexpected happened, I fell inside one gutter littered with plastics and nylons. Las las, na my friend(Igbo cloth seller) bring me out with a bleeding knee.

40 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by logon599: 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
This is not annoying. But I remember many years back I followed my mum to the market to buy some things. The first thing we wanted to buy, the seller called about 1200 and guess how much my mum priced...N300. I was like shocked Ok guess the most shocking part? She eventually got that thing for N350 after long haggling! I think Mothers have a grace for price haggling. Since that day I've been looking at that woman suspiciously that maybe she's using something in her mouth o lol. If I was the one that went alone, the best I can do is buy that thing N1,150 if I'm lucky. God bless Mothers!

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Cumtroller: 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
It happened in Lagos. Ikotun Market to be precise.

A very fat, dark woman with prominent tribal scars washed her child's anus, dried her hands on her wrapper and wanted to sell Ijebu garri to me with the same disease infested hands. She even scooped a few grains for "tasting", claiming her people make the best drinking garri in the country.

I came to a conclusion that moment. They are all the same, extremely dirty with zero personal hygiene.

Tufia!!!

42 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by paulolee(m): 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
funny
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ugaboy: 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ive had a lot of bad experience because im a risk taker
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by dust144(m): 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
i prefer to wash plate than going to market with my mother

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by JeffreyD1(m): 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
My problem is

I need a car for uber here in Abuja please if you've any or connection please link me
I will meet all the requirements and I've been driving on bolt for the past 1 year

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by abike12(f): 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
Going to tejuoso with my mother as a teenager and those child molesters laughing and touching my waist or pulling my arm
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Oluwapresley(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
I remember the first time I got scammed. Chaiiiiii. I was ajebo that time. I think I was around 14 or there about. I went to buy guava 4 market na him I see buy boxer short o wey them write 50 cent for waistband. I was like damn, this is lovely. I asked the guy how much. He said one mad price around N700 sha. I managed to price it to around 350 if I can remember well. For my mind, I had a good bargain. I think I bought 2 self. Only for to reach my street I now met one guy that said the stuff is N150. Haaaaa... Something I bought N350 each. So my first market someone will scam me N400 like that. Na him me and the guy go back o. Got back. Started speaking English. Baba come dey tell me say business is agreement. Say we agree to N350. He no even lie say no be N150. He talk say na me talk say I wan buy am N350. Ogbeni. So you dey talk say I cheat myself I just shake my head comot. I felt like a fool. I come dey blame myself why I even jam that my street guy. Shebi I for just dey feel myself say I buy correct boxer. But anytime I see that boxer, I go just start to dey think.

Ever since that day, I don't pity person if I want to price o. If you say 1k, I fit call 150. Let's start from there first.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by visijo(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Go and marry .m go and marry!!
... It's the same people that will give you empty envelops
Wicked people

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by pocohantas(f): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
letskeeptalking:

So so sorry about this!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bill Gates To Repay Nigeria’s $76m Polio Debt / Why Can't Jumia Offer Same-Day Delivery? / Bashir Ahmad Commends The Time Magazine For Recognizing Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.