Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully (59680 Views)

Parents Knowingly Sent Their Child To School After Tested Covid-19 Positive / Amitabh Bachan Tested COVID-19 Positive / Identity Of Woman Who Slumped & Died After Husband Tested COVID-19 Positive (ph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2020
Russia's Sechenov University Successfully Completes Trials of World's 1st COVID-19 Vaccine

MOSCOW (Sputnik) - The clinical trials of the world's first coronavirus vaccine on volunteers at the Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University have been successfully completed, Vadim Tarasov, the director of the Institute for Translational Medicine and Biotechnology, told Sputnik.

The university began clinical trials of a vaccine produced by Russia's Gamalei Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology on 18 June.

"Sechenov University has successfully completed tests on volunteers of the world's first vaccine against coronavirus", Tarasov said.

He added that the first group of volunteers would be discharged on Wednesday and the second on 20 July.

According to Alexander Lukashev, the director of the Institute of Medical Parasitology, Tropical, and Vector-Borne Diseases at Sechenov University, the objective of this stage of the study was to show the vaccine's safety on humans, which was successfully done.

"The safety of the vaccine has been confirmed. It corresponds to the safety of those vaccines that are currently on the market", Lukashev told Sputnik.

A further vaccine development plan is already being determined by the developer, including the complexity of the epidemiological situation with the virus and the possibility of scaling up production, Lukashev added.

"Sechenov University in a pandemic situation acted not only as an educational institution but also as a scientific and technological research centre that is able to participate in the creation of such important and complex products as drugs ... We worked with this vaccine, starting with preclinical studies and protocol development, and clinical trials are currently underway", Tarasov noted.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/sputniknews.com/amp/russia/202007121079860277-russias-sechenov-university-successfully-completes-trials-of-worlds-1st-covid-19-vaccine/

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
Where Nigeria universities dey sef..
Imagine all of them closed with corona.

Professors and Doctors indeed.

437 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by espn(m): 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Where Nigeria universities dey sef..

Imagine all of them closed with corona.

Professors and Doctors indeed.
Theya busy sleeping with there students and patients...

490 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by dokie: 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2020
Without noise.

We didn't even hear they were working on anything.

519 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by austine4real(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
grin

Up Russia

Russia to the world

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by okeyglm: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
don't be deceived. this is phase 1 trial. for a vaccine to be develop. it have to undergo 3 phases.

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Fasindo: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
shocked

Russians drugs

Its a shame that Nigerian herbal medicine sellers could not even produce covid19 drugs even when their Madagascar counterpart atleast did something.
They are even wearing face mask y selling their dick enlargement nd long lasting sex drug.
Shame to Baba Aisha herbal medicine

The one that pained most are Nigerian pastors that has been claiming to cure incurable disease, they even closed church nd went on hidden till covid19 is over

234 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by ERockson: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
Good development. Russian the world power no1

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Rossonero: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
They got all the support the needed from their government.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by TheFreeOne: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
Universities and research institutes abroad are all in a race to develop Covid-19 vaccines but there's silence regarding same in our country.

Even alternative medicine practitioners don't seems to be enjoying government support cos politicians preferred waiting on foreign donors vaccines that's uncertain of when it'll be available nor its efficacy.

Anyway I believe in my own vaccine cos that's the only sure one I know of and it's my immune system. I keep boosting it by eating right, fruits, herbal infusion teas couple with garlic, ginger, turmeric e.t.c and observing necessary hygiene, social distancing and use of facemasks.

As it is our lives are in our hands not government.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by kinglee007(m): 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
They should just roll out various batches already (if it's really as successful as they say it is) and let life return to normalcy biko. Too many ninja's don full street already with face mask. Let this one not just be another headline.
BTW, what happend to COVIC-ORGANICS? I thought my dear country placed orders for it? Abi e no reach here again?

9 Likes

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Slurity(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
GOOD NEWS ON MONDAY LIKE THIS IS GOOD SIGN. THANK GOD.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Earlystar698(m): 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nigeria left the group chat cheesy

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by rottennaija(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
We will bring this virus under control

4 Likes

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by olaboy33(m): 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:

He added that the first group of volunteers would be discharged on Wednesday and the second on 20 July.

The safety of the vaccine has been confirmed. It corresponds to the safety of those vaccines that are currently on the market", Lukashev told Sputnik.

Kudos to them but why so much noise after passing just phase one when some vaccines especially in the UK are already in phase 3.

By the way, 7m+ have recovered from the virus worldwide out of confirmed 13m+ without a curative vaccine. Of what use is a curative vaccine if it's not yet out after 8months.

What the world needs urgently is a preventive vaccine or an immune booster the virus can't surmount then we get on with our lives back.

21 Likes

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by TheFacelessMan: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
angry

I was involved in smuggling it out of Russia....

Alexis Kontarsky was my contact and this is how

we were able to pull off the greatest heist since the Cold War

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by sammysmiles(m): 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
Greatest scamdemic in history.... World leaders knows what's under the carpet,,,, but they have spreaded gold on the carpet to continue making the earth and its inhabitants confused in confusion...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Slawormir: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by NewDelhi(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
I tell people severally that the USA isnt as powerful as they have made everyone to think. Russia is one powerful country that doesnt make too much noise. They allow the results do the talking. I just love that country for their lowkey and siddon dey look approach.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Starman007: 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
This might turn out to be the one of the best news of 2020....
I've always believed second half of this year will be better...
#This year ain't over...
don't write out this year u can still be blessed and be successful...
let's see as it goes

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Avatecc: 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
This is really a welcome development, visit www.technerian.com for the latest tech news.
Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by topyhanky(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
If you Value Your TIME, You will Value Agriculture.

If You Value Agriculture, You will Value Other People.

If You Value Other People, You have Valued Yourself."

Don't invest in agriculture ONLY because you want to add value to your pocket;

INVEST in agriculture only because you want to add value to it and humanity

That is exactly what add value to you pocket.

Think agriculture think humanity

Visit my bio to her free agric proposal on what AFRO-AGRO AS PRACTICED

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
Wow Good going!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by MorataFC: 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
Good to know
Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Xisnin(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
We don't know if it actually works.
There is a difference between test and effectiveness.

1 Like

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by SweetJoystick(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by ForeThinker: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
Issorite..all the best

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by varmint: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
No uproar....all because it's not the United States grin

6 Likes

Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
Wow! Great!.
Re: Russia Tested COVID-19 Vaccine On Humans Successfully by Amotekun777: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
If it's from Russia, forget it... can't trust it.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies; 6 Reasons Why You May Feel Pain In Your Vagina / Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story / Man Commits Suicide In Delta State, Says 'I Will Die Today, I Hate Family'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.