Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,189 members, 7,807,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Jorge Masvidal Calls For Rematch Against Kamaru Usman - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jorge Masvidal Calls For Rematch Against Kamaru Usman (149 Views)

Kamaru Usman Knocks Out Jorge Masvidal, Retains UFC Title (Photos, Video) / Ben Bruce's Message To Anthony Joshua As He Prepares For Rematch With Andy Ruiz / Anthony Joshua Arrives Saudi Arabia Ahead Of Rematch Against Andy Ruiz Jr (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jorge Masvidal Calls For Rematch Against Kamaru Usman by Sanusiaderoju12(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
UFC 251’s main event produced a more than decisive result as
Kamaru Usman dominated Jorge Masvidal on Fight Island.
Usman showcased his incredible wrestling pedigree time and
time again in the fight, shooting in for takedowns and level
changing at every opportunity.It was a well-deserved victory for Usman but Masvidal foughtbravelyTwo accidental head clashes opened up gashes on Masvidal’sface, but the 35-year-old still continued to blow kisses and smile through the pain barrier.
Although his wrestling skills and takedown defence were never
in question, Masvidal often found himself trapped helplessly in a
cycle of clinches and grappling exchanges which clearly wore
the fighting veteran down.By the two men entered the final round, the battle appeared tohave exhausted both men to the brink of despair and Usman tried to close the show with an anaconda choke, before
Masvidal exploded with a late flurry.However, as the horn sounded to signal the end of the fight, the bitter rivals enjoyed an embrace and appeared to bury the hatchet after months of trading verbal barbs.
Could the pair fight again in the future?And Masvidal’s post-fight comments will get UFC fans very excited as he suggested the pair could do battle again in the future.When asked to share what they said to each other as the fight finished, Masvidal told the media: “He said some good things, I said some good things…
“Whatever, we’ll do it again and I just can’t wait and I’m gonna
come back better.
“I’m not gonna disappear from the sport without this belt being
wrapped around my waist, one way or another.
“I wasn’t at my best tonight but everyone can see I have a dog
in me but this dog don’t shut up or roll over for nobody.
“I was very tired at some spots and I was able to dig down and
bring it back to my feet. I’m not happy with my performance but
I’m telling everybody that I’ll be back and stronger.”

https://talksport.com/sport/mma/731066/jorge-masvidal-hints-rematch-kamaru-usman/

(1) (Reply)

We'll Put It Right - Solskjaer / 20k Giveaway Real Business / Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.