Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe (2943 Views)

Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. / My Father Is A Very Lazy Person / My Lazy Girlfriend Lacks Ambition And She's Pregnant For Me!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by OkutaNla: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/7/igbo-women-are-lazy-dont-like-to-work-and-just-want-to-sit-back-and-enjoy-their-husbands-money-noble-igwe.html

https://twitter.com/Nobsdaslushhkid/status/1282633091870326784?s=19

Igbo women are lazy, don't like to work and just want to sit back and enjoy their husbands' money - Noble Igwe

A twitter thread by media personality, Noble Igwe, has sparked off a conversation on Twitter.

In his Twitter thread, the media personality opined that Igbo women are ''lazy, don't like working, and just want to sit back and enjoy their husbands' hard-earned money''. He said unlike Igbo women, Yoruba women are hard-working, build their houses themselves, and do not wait to inherit houses from their fathers.

He went on to advise men saying; ''find you a woman that is ready to work hard with you to leave things equally for your children, not the Igbo woman that is waiting on you to die first so that she can inherit and be called the head of home just by being “ Ori Aku”

His tweet thread reads

The Igbo women are lazy, does not like to work and just want to sit back and enjoy their husband hard earned money. They want to inherit their husband’s property and then inherit from their father’s house as well but do nothing but answer “Ori Aku”

See Yoruba women. Hard working,building houses and not really trying to fight for father’s house in Ibadan. When they want to make changes, they do but Igbo women will come and make it seem like someone is holding them down.

The Yoruba woman is a go getter. Breaking boundaries, doing new things every day and she does not even need a law to back her. Just her belief and living life on her terms. Guess what? They don’t need anybody’s permission.

Everyday you are seeking for permission from your village to thrive in Lagos ? Build a house and inherit it, nobody from your village will come to take it. There’s no culture holding you back from achieving things, why are so in on inheriting something when you can build yours ?

Why is the topic always on inheritance? Can’t you work for your own? You don’t need a husband to inherit . Have you seen Hausa women fighting for inheritance ? No, they go out and build

No wonder most people think that Igbo women are greedy. The argument can never be how” my Igbo culture stopped me from buying land in Lagos”, it’s always about what to gain from the patriarchy ridden people.

Kings, find you a woman that is ready to work hard with you to leave things equally for your children, not the Igbo woman that is waiting on you to die first so that she can inherit and be called the head of home just by being “ Ori Aku”

Tomorrow, you’d see other women tweet about how their mother willed things to them and how it helped them do better. These tweets don’t come from Igbo women, them and their mothers are waiting for their father to die first.

Ask yourself, what have you done to change the life of the girl child in your community? Is it Igbo men too that are stopping you?

In conclusion, any gender can hold any agenda. While some of our concerns are true, the real change comes from doing and not holding the sins of fathers over all Igbo men. Discuss issues as it relates to particular people, communities, villages and the Igbo land at large.

The Igbo man is flawed, just like every other man but you can’t deny the work that the new generation Igbo man is doing towards changing some of these narratives.'' he tweeted

© Copyright LindaIkeji 2020

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Bigflamie(m): 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
Why are you calling out Lala? You want this sh*t to hit front page. Useless and nonsense thread

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by APCdestroyer: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
Lalasticlala they will come and say noble igwe na Afonja
They will turn it to Yoruba bashing thread

They're lazy and their men are mere chestbeaters that will do everything with mouth and keyboard.

Thank God for importation and reselling

Edo women and ibo women are d same

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
Lol

Noble Igwe Indeed...Just analysed his mother.

Let him marry yoruba woman then and spare the Igbo women their peace.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by bigeliot(m): 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
They are coming for u

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by yyba: 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2020
the women are lazy ,while the men are boastfulgrin grin grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by LaboPolitics: 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ewedu jibiti rubbish.. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Alawe(m): 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
grin
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ana akpgheri
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Bannylove13: 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
The idiot wan trend....

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Arrewa: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
I'm a Fulani man but the truth is that Igbos have the most industrious and hardworking women in Nigeria

I have dated several igbo girls and still have some of them as friends.

Those girls are something else when it comes to hustling and can love you to the core when they're genuinely into you.

I have heard people saying igbos girl love money...

If you meet the one you who genuinely love, she will be the one spending on you... (that's if she have money)

I'm saying this via experience!

So I disagree with Noble igwe!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by heendrix(m): 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
The guy can never be a real igbo how would he say our women are lazy

Even Nairaland can attest to the fact our women are not lazy ever since 2weeks ago our women has been greasing FP with stories of strangling their husbands to death, brutalising their maids just any how and sending their Husbands to jail if you think i'm lying check FP about today's story on the Enugu woman

so how dare he say our women are lazy sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by deji17: 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
This bashing is too much nau. From Nnamdi Kanu calling Igbo women prostitutes (hope that includes his mother) and now this? The Igbo women I have met are industrious and hardworking. What they don't want is cheating.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
Very dumb reasoning. He shouldn't have generalized. Moreover, it's not a tribal thing. It cuts across all tribes.

My elder sis is not lazy. As a branch manager in a finance company, she started out as an ordinary credit officer about 9 years ago. She supports her husband financially.

You don't just come online and post rubbish because you have a handful of followers!

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by GuyWise101(m): 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
Igbo women are hard-working and are also business savvy just like their husbands...

Here in Benin Republic some Igbo women have their own shops selling lubricants while their husband sell motorcycle or vehicle spare parts, some are even in electronics and phones shops and also owning their own ride.

Igbo women are great but if you go marry a slay-queen then na you sabi.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by heendrix(m): 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
zionmde:
I have never seen anywhere Lazy an be used in the same sentence with anything Igbo.
They are d most hardworking people in Nigeria
No Bias in that. Thats why there is no single state in Nigeria u wont see many Igbos huzzling. Their men and women alike

Oga he said their women

even their men sef the only one amongst them that their source of wealth is clean are those that sell Gala n lacasera, Chargers, okirika, books etc

the rest are all fraudsters and ritualist sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Salewa95: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
zionmde:
I have never seen anywhere Lazy an be used in the same sentence with anything Igbo.
They are d most hardworking people in Nigeria
No Bias in that. Thats why there is no single state in Nigeria u wont see many Igbos huzzling. Their men and women alike

So anybody that can easily leave his home to hustle in another person’s state is automatically hardworking while Those that chose to hustle in their respective states are lazy.

You are probably drunk when you made the rubbish statement above.

Igbo women are lazy and the guy above already captured them better!

If you want to argue, go to his Twitter page and duel with him!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by zionmde: 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2020
Salewa95:

So anybody that can easily leave his home to hustle in another person’s state is automatically hardworking while Those that chose to hustle in their respective states are lazy.

u saw his Twitter page and u are here replying me
Yes hardworking means exploring opportunities in every nook and cranny of this world. not being a champion in ur own village. that's why a NPFL champion can not talk where a world club champion is talking

anyway u are too shallow in thinking

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by naptu2: 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2020
The thread is a response to generalisations like:

All men are scum.

All Fulani are killers

All Nigerians are fraudsters.

Etc.

He is saying that generalisations are bad.

It worked because a lot of the people that always tweet "Men are scum" were offended by his generalisation that "Igbo women are lazy".

(He was responding to another tweet that stereotyped men. The person that made that tweet deleted it after Noble Igwe created his thread).

This is where it all started.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11923829_2020071406_04_21_jpeg12ab5f1ca6fe2e0af6190a3bf8f915b7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11923830_2020071406_05_01_jpegfb13e48590a63f25e8f752e439e5081f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11923831_2020071406_05_36_jpeg1e0b3c7900064f6d4f17fa66422e11e4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11923832_2020071406_06_09_jpeg35e277ce90a7ec2f5cb9bfefaa60eeee

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by zionmde: 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
heendrix:

Oga he said their women

even their men sef the only one amongst them that their source of wealth is clean are those that sell Gala n lacasera, Chargers, okirika, books etc

the rest are all fraudsters and ritualist sad
lol
if dat rubbish u wrote up there is d only thing dat can give u joy or rather the extent of ur knowledge upon all the money ur parents spent in dedicating a male child like u den u are utterly a waste of sperm, resources, oxygen, space, food, even the d ground where ur feaces and urine are being dumped deserve an apology

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Factshunter: 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
grin grin grin grin

Ehn! shocked cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by omenka(m): 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
Noble IGWE is a Yoloba Muslim. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Banmeallday: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
Maybe those raised in Lagos, but Igbo women are not lazy
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Salewa95: 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
zionmde:

u saw his Twitter page and u are here replying me
Yes hardworking means exploring opportunities in every nook and cranny of this world. not being a champion in ur own village. that's why a NPFL champion can not talk where a world club champion is talking

anyway u are too shallow in thinking

So because Americans don’t go around in other people countries like refugees means they are not hardworking?

Because Canadians are not economic refugees in other countries mean they are lazy?

Igbo states are unproductive, and the indigene have to go out and search for economic opportunities. It’s a case of people leaving their zone to other places in search for prosperity.

That explained why nearly 80% of successful Igbo men are made outside their region.

Because the other tribes are not economic refugees in other zone is not because they are lazy, it’s just that they can find the opportunity they need in their region. Remember people always follow prosperity and money.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Factshunter: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
Salewa95:

No mind that one. He's sweating at the moment.

Lol grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
I think he is doing comparison. But he could put in proper perspective

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Baby Dad Is Taking My 2years Old Child Away From Me Pls Help Me / Rhogham Injection Price Too High!!! / Is A 12 Year Age Difference Good?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.