Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Faith, Works And Righteousness. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith, Works And Righteousness. (347 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? / Faith Works By Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith, Works And Righteousness. by elated177: 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
El Elohe Yahshrael!

1 John 2:28&29 And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming. If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him.

1 John 3:1-10 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should he called children of YHVH! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of YHVH, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure. Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him there is on sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of YHVH appeared was to destroy the devil's work. No one who is born of YHVH will continue to sin, because YHVH'S seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of YHVH. This is how we know who the children of YHVH are and who the children of the devil are: anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of YHVH; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

Our Father's message is taken from first John chapter two, from verse twenty eight down to chapter three, from one to ten, as stated above.

Let us explain a little.

We have been cleansed/purified by the undefiled, uncontaminated blood of Yahushua the Messiah, our Master. His blood has cleansed us from all sins and has made us pure.

Now just as verse three says; the only way in which we can remain pure is by following the Father's commandments. We have been made pure, that part was done by our Master.

However, we have a part, too. And that part is following our Father's commandments in order to maintain our purity.

We have been made pure and if we obey the Father's commandments; we will remain pure. John 15:10 alludes to this.

John 15:10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Let us consider the integrity of a sterilized object below.

The only way that a sterilized object can be kept free from contamination is by keeping it in a sterile environment. The integrity/sterility of such object can no longer be guaranteed the moment it is removed from it's sterile environment, since it will then be exposed to contaminants.

From verse four of 1 John 3: "anyone who sins breaks the law". We see that "sin is lawlessness".

Our Master has taken away our sin, our lawlessness and not the law as some people believe.

In him is no sin. In him there is no lawlessness.

He is the law---the embodiment of the law. No one who lives in him continues to be lawless.

No one who continues to be lawless has either seen him or known him.

So, we, the saints, must not allow anyone lead us astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous(verse seven of 1 John 3).

It's the Ten Commandments that teach us what is right or wrong. Without them; it would be impossible to know the difference between right or wrong.

Verse eight of 1 John 3 shows us that the devil is the lawless one. In fact, he has been lawless from the beginning. It, therefore, means that everyone who is lawless is of the devil. The devil's desire is to make us lawless---that's his work. Look at the world around you and see the wickedness---the lawlessness.

Our Master has destroyed the devil's work - our lawlessness - that we may worship the Father in truth and in spirit. So, we have been born of the Father through our Master, Yahushua the Messiah. Therefore, we cannot continue to be lawless because our Master is in us (verse nine of 1 John 3 and 1 Peter 1:23) and will help us to follow his footsteps and obey the Father's commandments. He will keep us from sinning---from being lawless.

Now I ask: Has obedience to YHVH's Ten Commandments not kept you from being lawless? Anyone who disagrees should prove me wrong.

So, when we say that the Messiah Yahushua keeps us from being lawless; we are actually saying that the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty keep us from being lawless. Again, anyone who disagrees with this assertion should scripturally prove it.

Let us look at verse seven of 1 John 3 again:
"He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous" Yahushua the Messiah is righteous...infact he is Righteousness - the embodiment of righteousness. Now, anyone who obeys Yahushua the Messiah is righteous. But, Yahushua the Messiah is the Word of the Father --- the embodiment of his Ten Commandments. It implies, therefore, that anyone who believes in and obeys Yahushua the Messiah, the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty, does what is right, and is by that very fact, righteous.

Faith. Works. Righteousness.

Luke 6:

46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

James 1:
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

James 2:

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?

17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

Revelation 19:7-8 Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.”

(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)

Righteousness within the context of the Scriptures of YHVH Almighty simply means being righteous. Righteous in the Scriptural context means being right or justified before YHVH Almighty. Being right or justified before YHVH Almighty simply means obedience to his Word.

Scripturally, faith is the believe the saints have in our Father in heaven, his Word and what he has stated concerning us.

Faith and righteousness are related. Have you considered palm fruit? Faith and righteousness are like palm fruit. Just liken faith to the palm fruit itself, the crushing of the fruit is work and the oil is righteousness

We believe in YHVH Almighty and in his Word, his Son, his Salvation. We believe that we have been saved by YHVH's Salvation. All these constitute our faith. How do we exercise this faith? By doing the will of our Father --- obeying his Word. This is work. What is our gain? Righteousness is our gain, the fruit or result, if you prefer. This is only possible because the law of YHVH Almighty is righteous. Anyone obeys his law is credited this righteousness.

How else can we say we have been saved by YHVH's Salvation when we don't even obey YHVH's Salvation? This is faith without work. Which is a dead faith. Any faith without work is dead. Anyone who claims to be a servant of Yahushua the Messiah but does not obey him, is simply delusional.

So, that's why we, the saints, must teach our children the Ten Commandments with utmost seriousness. We, the saints, must continue to talk about these great Commandments of our Father, YHVH of Hosts, until we, as well as our young ones, comprehend or grasp their importance and till they become part of us. That's the only way we will be differentiated from the children of the devil. There's no other way.

Anyone who doesn't see the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty as his Salvation is simply delusional. Whoever that has been told that YHVH's Salvation is not his Ten Commandments or is different from his Ten Commandments has been simply deluded.

Anyone who holds a contrary view should scripturally freely share it

YHVH's Salvation...Yahushua the Messiah.

Yahushua the Messiah --- the embodiment of the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty.

Father help your saints.

I am just a messenger.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu Yah!
Re: Faith, Works And Righteousness. by hakeem4(m): 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2020
The 10 commandments isn’t a moral compass
elated177:

Anyone who doesn't see the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty as his Salvation is simply delusional. Whoever that has been told that YHVH's Salvation is not his Ten Commandments or is different from his Ten Commandments has been simply deluded.

Yahushua the Messiah --- the embodiment of the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty.

Father help your saints.

I am just a messenger.

Re: Faith, Works And Righteousness. by elated177: 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
hakeem4:
The 10 commandments isn’t a moral compass

An atheist has no say in this matter.

"People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer." Does it ring any bells?
Re: Faith, Works And Righteousness. by elated177: 10:18am On Jul 14, 2020
Psalms 19:9 The fear of YHVH is pure, enduring for ever. The decrees of YHVH are, and all of them are righteous.

Psalms 119:

11 I keep your law in my heart, so that I will not sin against you.

45 I will live in perfect freedom, because I try to obey your teachings.

51 The proud are always scornful of me, but I have not departed from your law.

56 I find happiness in obeying your commands.

61 The wicked have laid a trap for me, but I do not forget your law.

93 I will never neglect your instructions, because by them you have kept me alive.

96 I have learnt that everything has limits; but your Commandment is perfect.

100 I have greater wisdom than those who are old, because I obey command.

105 Your word is a lamp to guide me and a light for my path.

110 The wicked lay a trap for me, but I have not disobeyed your commands.

118 You reject everyone who disobeys your laws; their deceitful schemes are useless.

137 You are righteous, YHVH, and your laws are just.

138 The rules you have given are completely fair and right.
Re: Faith, Works And Righteousness. by Levifantree(m): 12:54am On Jul 15, 2020
elated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

1 John 2:28&29 And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming. If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him.

1 John 3:1-10 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should he called children of YHVH! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of YHVH, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure. Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him there is on sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of YHVH appeared was to destroy the devil's work. No one who is born of YHVH will continue to sin, because YHVH'S seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of YHVH. This is how we know who the children of YHVH are and who the children of the devil are: anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of YHVH; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

Our Father's message is taken from first John chapter two, from verse twenty eight down to chapter three, from one to ten, as stated above.

Let us explain a little.

We have been cleansed/purified by the undefiled, uncontaminated blood of Yahushua the Messiah, our Master. His blood has cleansed us from all sins and has made us pure.

Now just as verse three says; the only way in which we can remain pure is by following the Father's commandments. We have been made pure, that part was done by our Master.

However, we have a part, too. And that part is following our Father's commandments in order to maintain our purity.

We have been made pure and if we obey the Father's commandments; we will remain pure. John 15:10 alludes to this.

John 15:10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Let us consider the integrity of a sterilized object below.

The only way that a sterilized object can be kept free from contamination is by keeping it in a sterile environment. The integrity/sterility of such object can no longer be guaranteed the moment it is removed from it's sterile environment, since it will then be exposed to contaminants.

From verse four of 1 John 3: "anyone who sins breaks the law". We see that "sin is lawlessness".

Our Master has taken away our sin, our lawlessness and not the law as some people believe.

In him is no sin. In him there is no lawlessness.

He is the law---the embodiment of the law. No one who lives in him continues to be lawless.

No one who continues to be lawless has either seen him or known him.

So, we, the saints, must not allow anyone lead us astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous(verse seven of 1 John 3).

It's the Ten Commandments that teach us what is right or wrong. Without them; it would be impossible to know the difference between right or wrong.

Verse eight of 1 John 3 shows us that the devil is the lawless one. In fact, he has been lawless from the beginning. It, therefore, means that everyone who is lawless is of the devil. The devil's desire is to make us lawless---that's his work. Look at the world around you and see the wickedness---the lawlessness.

Our Master has destroyed the devil's work - our lawlessness - that we may worship the Father in truth and in spirit. So, we have been born of the Father through our Master, Yahushua the Messiah. Therefore, we cannot continue to be lawless because our Master is in us (verse nine of 1 John 3 and 1 Peter 1:23) and will help us to follow his footsteps and obey the Father's commandments. He will keep us from sinning---from being lawless.

Now I ask: Has obedience to YHVH's Ten Commandments not kept you from being lawless? Anyone who disagrees should prove me wrong.

So, when we say that the Messiah Yahushua keeps us from being lawless; we are actually saying that the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty keep us from being lawless. Again, anyone who disagrees with this assertion should scripturally prove it.

Let us look at verse seven of 1 John 3 again:
"He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous" Yahushua the Messiah is righteous...infact he is Righteousness - the embodiment of righteousness. Now, anyone who obeys Yahushua the Messiah is righteous. But, Yahushua the Messiah is the Word of the Father --- the embodiment of his Ten Commandments. It implies, therefore, that anyone who believes in and obeys Yahushua the Messiah, the Ten Commandments of YHVH Almighty, does what is right, and is by that very fact, righteous.

Faith. Works. Righteousness.

Luke 6:

46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

James 1:
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

James 2:

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?

17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

Revelation 19:7-8 Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.”

(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)

Righteousness within the context of the Scriptures of YHVH Almighty simply means being righteous. Righteous in the Scriptural context means being right or justified before YHVH Almighty. Being right or justified before YHVH Almighty simply means obedience to his Word.

Scripturally, faith is the believe the saints have in our Father in heaven, his Word and what he has stated concerning us.

Faith and righteousness are related. Have you considered palm fruit? Faith and righteousness are like palm fruit. Just liken faith to the palm fruit itself, the crushing of the fruit is work and the oil is righteousness

We believe in YHVH Almighty and in his Word, his Son, his Salvation. We believe that we have been saved by YHVH's Salvation. All these constitute our faith. How do we exercise this faith? By doing the will of our Father --- obeying his Word. This is work. What is our gain? Righteousness is our gain, the fruit or result, if you prefer. This is only possible because the law of YHVH Almighty is righteous. Anyone obeys his law is credited this righteousness.

How else can we say we have been saved by YHVH's Salvation when we don't even obey YHVH's Salvation? This is faith without work. Which is a dead faith. Any faith without work is dead. Anyone who claims to be a servant of Yahushua the Messiah but does not obey him, is simply delusional.

So, that's why we, the saints, must teach our children the Ten Commandments with utmost seriousness. We, the saints, must continue to talk about these great Commandments of our Father, YHVH of Hosts, until we, as well as our young ones, comprehend or grasp their importance and till they become part of us. That's the only way we will be differentiated from the children of the devil. There's no other way.

Father help your saints.

I am just a messenger.

thanks alot for this. https://www.bridgeconnect.xyz
Re: Faith, Works And Righteousness. by elated177: 11:11am On Jul 15, 2020
John 15:
⁴Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
Re: Faith, Works And Righteousness. by elated177: 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
There is no physical man-made temple today where YHVH Almighty has put his name. The last temple that was erected on the particular point he chose was destroyed after the death and resurrection of Yahushua the Messiah. There is no longer any need for animal sacrifices or blood sacrifices since Yahushua the Messiah has fulfilled that once and for all. There is no longer any need for tithes also, since the era of the Levites is gone and the temple worship with it.

Today, we, the saints of YHVH Almighty, are all his priests and Yahushua the Messiah is our High Priest. We are to present ourselves as living sacrifices to the Father through our High Priest, Yahushua the Messiah. We do not offer tithes or offering in the sense of giving money, rather we offer the fruit of our lips and give to those in need. There is not really benchmark as to how a saint should give to those in need. Such saint is led by the Spirit and will do exactly what the Spirit commands. Giving generously is encouraged by both the Messiah and the disciples.

Any one advocating tithes today, after the death and resurrection of Yahushua the Messiah, is actually saying that the old order of priesthood still stands. Such person is saying that there is a human high priest. To such individual, Yahushua the Messiah does not exist or has not come at all. To such an individual, the essence of the death and resurrection of Yahushua the Messiah is of no importance.

The Levitical priesthood is gone and with it the roles the Levites played and temple worship.

Today, the saints are all priests of the Father in heaven and Yahushua the Messiah is our High Priest. We are the temples of YHVH Almighty where he and his Son, Yahushua the Messiah, live. Obedience to his Commandments is what we offer.

We are to give generously to those in need.

Just as our brother, John the Baptist, stated here:

Luke 3: 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 9 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

10 “What should we do then?” the crowd asked.

11 John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”

12 Even tax collectors came to be baptized. “Teacher,” they asked, “what should we do?”

13 “Don’t collect any more than you are required to,” he told them.

14 Then some soldiers asked him, “And what should we do?”

He replied, “Don’t extort money and don’t accuse people falsely—be content with your pay.”

No where did he mention tithes. He understood what was about to set in.

Like I stated earlier, this kind of message is not for everyone. It elicits only anger and hatred in some people. However, those who will accept it will accept it.
Re: Faith, Works And Righteousness. by elated177: 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
Jeremiah 31:33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Making a lot of sense.
Re: Faith, Works And Righteousness. by elated177: 1:16am On Jul 24, 2020
Psalms 19:7 The law of YHVH is refreshing the soul. The statutes of YHVH are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
Re: Faith, Works And Righteousness. by elated177: 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
El Elohe Yahshrael!

The forces of wickedness derive pleasure and satisfaction from sin and wickedness. The saints, servants and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah must not oblige them. We must frustrate them with purity, holiness and righteousness, always. We must continue to fix our gaze on the Author of life, our Master and Saviour, Yahushua the Messiah as we continue to be mindful of the works of our hands.

Let us do well to remember that our weapons of warfare are not carnal. The spiritual warfare we engage in are not fought with physical weapons such as guns, knives, stone or wood.

Therefore, with the the belt of truth round our waists, the breast of righteousness in place, the belt of salvation over our heads, the Sword of the Spirit - the Word of YHVH Almighty in our mouths and our ever-ready boots for evangelism, let us stand firm and continue to disseminate the Truth of Yahushua the Messiah, the begotten Son of YHVH Almighty, the Creator of the ends of the Earth and the one and only true God, and proclaim his great and awesome Name.

May the Father of the heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows continue to watch, guide and guard all his saints, servants and messengers all over the world.

Re: Faith, Works And Righteousness. by elated177: 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
El Elohe Yahshrael!
Re: Faith, Works And Righteousness. by elated177: 1:45pm On May 03, 2022
Fact.

(1) (Reply)

NTCMi Sets To Commence Her PCWLC Online Today / A Child Never Corrects A Father / BREAKING: North Korean Christians Executed For Owning Bible, Newborn Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.