Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:21 AM

Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences (26408 Views)

Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience / Christmas: Share Your December Experience / Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by 15ssDRIVE(m): 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2020
iamyemiakins:
I came across this post on Facebook by a lady talking about her experience back in the University days as a gatecrasher at a wedding party. I found the post funny and well composed, so I decided to share it here grin

By Abigael Oyebola Ojo

I wasn't invited to the first wedding I ever attended as an adult.

Infact, I didn't know the bride or groom from anywhere neither have I ever seen any member of their extended family or ancestors in my life before. I was just passing in front of the venue and did 'Mogbo mo branch' a.k.a wedding crasher.

I wasn't even ashamed at all. I danced to my satisfaction, did plenty awwwwwwn, eheeeeeen and God when facial expression like I rightfully belong there as a guest. I was part of those that ate double portion of food and still got the finest piece of every souvenir that they shared at that wedding from all angles.

The only thing I did not do at the wedding was to pick money that they were spraying people that were dancing. My home training did not allow me to shame my family to the last point of no redemption.

This wedding took place in Trenchard hall at the university of Ibadan. That Saturday, I was strolling back to my off campus residence after I finished many hours of reading for an examination on empty stomach. I was so broke to my teeth with no hope of my next meal.

I was going home dejected and thinking about my life when I saw a red bus carrying plenty coolers of food into Trenchard hall...the aroma of party JOLLOF and Yoruba pepper was the first thing that oozed inside my nose with reckless abandon.

I wanted the happiness in that red bus and decided to go for it. I brought out powder and lipstick from my bag to polish my face so I can at least look presentable to the glory of owambe.

I used weavon brush to finish work on my hair and arranged my books like an inspector working for the school management.

At first, I thought the bouncers were going to stop me so I prepared a story in my head. Luckily, nobody even noticed me till I was comfortably settled on a table close to the groom's family.

I greeted the two elderly men sitted there with one fake smile and mentally prepared myself to attack all the plenty drinks and abundance of small chops that Angel Michael has provided.

I first drank two bottles of cold malt so I can have enough energy to devour the food. After, I ate some samosa and fried meat to prepare my stomach for the main meal. No one even asked me any question as I gulped down the food.

Summarily sha, I ate goatmeat peppersoup followed by pounded yam and one obstruction filled Egusi soup. I washed down the food with Hollandia yoghurt before I got myself and remembered belly for the food and food for the belly saying.

After the reception, when people were almost dispersing to their houses, I waited behind to collect plenty JOLLOF rice and chicken to eat for dinner with my roommates.

As souvenir, I got a blue umbrella, branded jotter plus pen, hand fan, bucket, big tray and rechargeable lantern.

I know the law of karma so I have prepared my mind to feed all the gate crashers that God will direct to my wedding. In this life, I believe whatever you sow you must reap in double portion...so no shaking.

May God bless the husband and wife that wedded on one Saturday in 2014 for rescuing my stomach from hunger and making me graduate with an excellent result.

Na wedding I crash, I no marry somebody's husband.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3481868938545817&id=100001682347694

Share your experience as a gatecrasher grin

God bLess you too ........

6 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by franugo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2020
[quote author=Dandsome post=91716085]Which one come be gate crashing again [/

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by rottable(m): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2020
Very funny, I did this gate-crashing tire...... Ijebu people can do party ehh every Saturday na sure banker

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Zico5(m): 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ok
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by ednut1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2020
Gate crashed a job test and was sent packing later.

2 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by franugo(m): 7:41pm On Jul 14, 2020
15ssDRIVE:

God bLess you too ........

Did u bloody well have to quote the entire opsee as u carry person go drop for page 2 tongue

12 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by WiszyFraud: 7:41pm On Jul 14, 2020
The last time i did this, i ended up with only two toothpicks grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by jaeyking(m): 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2020
well min was with my friends.
after writing one computer scholarship exam and the great delay.
had no money and food.
omo we just enter one wedding close by with our school uniform in ss3 back then.
we no send oo.
straight to where them dey serve food.
thank God sha we know the person.
we just chop den ball out

7 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by whizbee(m): 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2020
space booking failed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2020
k
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
q
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
h
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Dlewisi: 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
Its morally wrong... Never did that grin
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by poshestmina(f): 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
I gatecrashed a looooot when I was small.
I went to every and any party in my area grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin.

Always stealing and hiding my senior sisters clothes then I hide behind fence and change.

They beat me tire .Worst thing ,I attend the parties and help them serve guests ,then come back home with enough foods and souvenirs cheesy cheesy cheesy and I must wait till the end of the party.

From weddings ,naming ceremonies, dedication till I even attended that graduation party for kids that just finished Islamic school cheesy cheesy.

After beating me,my siblings will still eat the food ...till One day ,my mum got tired , cooked plenty Jollof rice and Meat ,was flogging me as I was eating . I was crying and eating ...I almost choked on Jollof rice.

I hardly attend parties as an adult now . I have a phobia for parties cheesy cheesy cheesy.My mama flog the craze comot for my life.
I buy aso ebis and end up not attending except they are extremely unavoidable.
can't remember the last time I did .

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2020
kl
nn
hh
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Sermwell(m): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2020
r
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by SHEAU(m): 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2020
That year ehn! E come be like say we dey pray for more people to die as funeral gate crashers, old people burial Dey sweet for oshogbo. Chai!

7 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by ymstar(m): 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2020
iamyemiakins:
I came across this post on Facebook by a lady talking about her experience back in the University days as a gatecrasher at a wedding party. I found the post funny and well composed, so I decided to share it here grin

By Abigael Oyebola Ojo

I wasn't invited to the first wedding I ever attended as an adult.

Infact, I didn't know the bride or groom from anywhere neither have I ever seen any member of their extended family or ancestors in my life before. I was just passing in front of the venue and did 'Mogbo mo branch' a.k.a wedding crasher.

I wasn't even ashamed at all. I danced to my satisfaction, did plenty awwwwwwn, eheeeeeen and God when facial expression like I rightfully belong there as a guest. I was part of those that ate double portion of food and still got the finest piece of every souvenir that they shared at that wedding from all angles.

The only thing I did not do at the wedding was to pick money that they were spraying people that were dancing. My home training did not allow me to shame my family to the last point of no redemption.

This wedding took place in Trenchard hall at the university of Ibadan. That Saturday, I was strolling back to my off campus residence after I finished many hours of reading for an examination on empty stomach. I was so broke to my teeth with no hope of my next meal.

I was going home dejected and thinking about my life when I saw a red bus carrying plenty coolers of food into Trenchard hall...the aroma of party JOLLOF and Yoruba pepper was the first thing that oozed inside my nose with reckless abandon.

I wanted the happiness in that red bus and decided to go for it. I brought out powder and lipstick from my bag to polish my face so I can at least look presentable to the glory of owambe.

I used weavon brush to finish work on my hair and arranged my books like an inspector working for the school management.

At first, I thought the bouncers were going to stop me so I prepared a story in my head. Luckily, nobody even noticed me till I was comfortably settled on a table close to the groom's family.

I greeted the two elderly men sitted there with one fake smile and mentally prepared myself to attack all the plenty drinks and abundance of small chops that Angel Michael has provided.

I first drank two bottles of cold malt so I can have enough energy to devour the food. After, I ate some samosa and fried meat to prepare my stomach for the main meal. No one even asked me any question as I gulped down the food.

Summarily sha, I ate goatmeat peppersoup followed by pounded yam and one obstruction filled Egusi soup. I washed down the food with Hollandia yoghurt before I got myself and remembered belly for the food and food for the belly saying.

After the reception, when people were almost dispersing to their houses, I waited behind to collect plenty JOLLOF rice and chicken to eat for dinner with my roommates.

As souvenir, I got a blue umbrella, branded jotter plus pen, hand fan, bucket, big tray and rechargeable lantern.

I know the law of karma so I have prepared my mind to feed all the gate crashers that God will direct to my wedding. In this life, I believe whatever you sow you must reap in double portion...so no shaking.

May God bless the husband and wife that wedded on one Saturday in 2014 for rescuing my stomach from hunger and making me graduate with an excellent result.

Na wedding I crash, I no marry somebody's husband.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3481868938545817&id=100001682347694

Share your experience as a gatecrasher grin
Very funny

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Openbusiness3: 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2020
Check my signature to buy intelligent dispenser. Best quality North America product with warranty
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Ugaboy: 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2020
One0Random0Girl:
I have never gatecrashed any party, wedding or gathering before and I don't think I will. I'm too shy and reserved to do something like that. Lol!
i was shy also not till the day my guys push me into...they know me as food basket of the department. but friends force me into...it interesting and fun sha, i follow wash plate eat

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by luminouz(m): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2020
grin
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by ymstar(m): 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2020
pDudd:
Back then in UI, I was tall and I had a chunky friend I used to call Big Dog. Big dog was a dark skinned Yoruba guy who had body and had Yoruba swag.

Now if you went to UI, you will know Sultan Bello Hall and it's dome called "Bello Dome." Lots of people used to do wedding receptions in Bello Dome and it was often a thing of repute to be a student in Bello Hall and be able to sneak into one of those wedding receptions.

One Saturday, they were holding one of those receptions and from the arrangement and decorations happening in the morning that day, it was like that reception was going to rock. And that period, kobo not dey anybody pocket and all boys were hungry. That's how I contacted Big Dog all the way in Zik Hall and told him to show, because we must enter that party. We used our last kobo to go and barb hair and ironed our whitest agbada and decided to enter.

Normally those parties require IV card to enter inside because they knew that students may want to fall inside and enjoy free food. But me and Big Dog looked like dignitaries. Infact, Big Dog resembled an Otunba and I resembled his boy. That's how both of us entered and got to the place where they are checking IV. Big Dog just talked one jagajaga alaye Yoruba talk and next thing they opened way for us because they thought he was a big man grin grin grin. They led us to one nice table that was already decorated with small chops.

Chai, see enjoyment. Small time they will bring juice, after a few minutes, they will bring wine, then malt, then bottle water, then peppersoup, etc. Small time they will check on us to know if we are having a good time. Me I dey form yankee ajebutter and Big Dog dey form Chief Otunba Big Dog. Omo! We chop every every. They kept bringing different types of food to our table and asking us if we are ok. Hahahahahahaha. That's how broke boys chop life that day.

Big Dog, if you're reading this, I miss you bro. grin grin grin

grin oh my goodness, ah nairalanders, una no go go kill person with laughter

Sometimes life is all about packaging and confidence

9 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
ymstar:

grin oh my goodness, ah nairalanders, una no go go kill person.

Sometimes life is all about packaging and comgidence

I swear. On my own, I go just melt. But big Dog had Yoruba swag, lingo, and confidence. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by money121(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ok
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by ModestGal(f): 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
Nah! My ego won't make me do something like that. Plus I don't even attend parties, my mind is telling me that on my wedding, there won't be any guest at Ore Iyawo side

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by sirzee1660(m): 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
I have ..on that faithful day of 30th December 2018 I was just hungry like very hungry I got a contract at BMO event as a security just to access people who bought tickets and disallowed illegal entry, on that hot afternoon I was looking for somewhere I could buy gala and fanta, the distance was not something i could risk because of my supervisor, after some minutes I saw some people coming out from a hall not too far from where I was working I quickly make an enquiry, I move towards to the venue and sat down within 2 minutes one beautiful girl asked me have I eaten I said no!!! I was given food, I even ate different kind of soup including pepper soup , that food was the highest meal I have ever had in an occasion till date.....I later found out it was an obi's (onyi obi way) daughter's wedding, in asaba....God bless her marriage

24 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by damtan(m): 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
In governor's centre in Akure, very close to FUTA North gate, myself and my Lodge mates gate crashed a wedding. I ate so much that I lost my phone.
I didn't even realize that I had lost my phone until we got back to the lodge. Chai, the thing pain me. I was confused about being happy that I ate a very good food that day or sad that I my phone.

All through my 100l days, we dedicated Saturdays for weddings. We would even dance and bring food home. I became regular customer of Font Hall.

Any wedding wey food plenty, we go even control guys to come around, forming a table was our thing. It was huge fun.

We later stopped gate crashing in 200l. We were gradually becoming well known on campus and termed big boys.
Nice memory though!!!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by sojfaith243: 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
I did gate crashed in the year 2000 during my IJMB A/L at Kwara State College of Education, Oro then. There was this guy called Nat, He came to our study class that a newly wedded couple would be having their reception at the school's Multipurpose Hall. That's how we marched down to the venue when guys were already suffering from hunger that emanated from excessive reading to pass the A/L exams at all cost. We devoured the fried rice and the chicken, washed it down with cold malt and still waited to collect our takeaway. Thank God I passed my A/L exams excellently.

10 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Crackhead25(m): 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
GboyegaD:
I gate crashed convocation ceremonies during my undergraduate days and for this, most of us students and a few adults climb on one of the small gates at Amphitheatre to get into the venue. Mine was because I wanted to have a feel of what it was to graduate.

As for parties, I don't gatecrash such as I hate insults.

Ogbafemi Pipu grin

3 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Sososo(f): 8:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
Here to read comments

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Shares Condoms At Her Child's Dedication In Asaba (Photos, Video) / Port Harcourt Biggest Shopping Mall (spar) Now Open / Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.