Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences (26454 Views)

Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience / Christmas: Share Your December Experience / Nigerians Share Their Worst Wedding Experiences (hilarious Comments) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by skukimania(f): 3:10am On Jul 15, 2020
9jayes:

I'm here to read comments of some Lie Muhammed grandchildren

I am here for the same purpose.
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 15, 2020
louisa4luv:
Mine was in OAU, Ile-Ife. My friend from Adesanmi hostel invited me for his pharmacy induction. My department was close-by so I got there before they finished at oduduwa hall. While sitting at his tent, the tent beside us was already serving food. I just stood and went there. I was given the woman plate and she was serving her guests. The woman had varieties. Gues this drew crowds of students. Within a short time, her tent was bustling. Funny thing was the students were now begging me, Aunty please serve me. Aunty!!!! I was just laughing inside like, see this people o. Twas really fun. I even served the guys on my friends tent. �

God bless you! u be better person oo.
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Ndipe(m): 3:59am On Jul 15, 2020
This is so funny.
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by emperorlaqrin: 5:40am On Jul 15, 2020
sojfaith243:
I did gate crashed in the year 2000 during my IJMB A/L at Kwara State College of Education, Oro then. There was this guy called Nat, He came to our study class that a newly wedded couple would be having their reception at the school's Multipurpose Hall. That's how we marched down to the venue when guys were already suffering from hunger that emanated from excessive reading to pass the A/L exams at all cost. We devoured the fried rice and the chicken, washed it down with cold malt and still waited to collect our takeaway. Thank God I passed my A/L exams excellently.

Smile I know Nat and I believe I know you also . Quote me with your digit
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Ajstyles01(m): 7:12am On Jul 15, 2020
One sunday evening me and my guys(3) in the hood were sitting Wen one said lets stroll, we strtd strolling wen we pass an hotel wer a birthday party was being held, dat was hw 1 of us said lets us enter that was how we enterd nd sat down, we were using coded way to ask who who was doing bd

we ate nd drink dat day sha
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by JOACHINpedro: 7:13am On Jul 15, 2020
grin
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Asquare84(m): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2020
me i survived on gatecrashing for good six month when i first came to Abuja, no parent, no money, no roof on my head. for those who know ' A class Garden' in wuse 2 Abuja, can confirm that from Friday night till Sunday night their will be one party or the other going on there, sometimes as one wedding reception finish, a birthday party will commence immediately, that is how i will eat to stupor and still carry enough food and drinks that will last me for some days.

least i forget at A-Class park you will meet serving governor, minister, and senator their, that is when you will know that people have money in Nigeria to lavish away.

thank God for A-class park for coming to my aid when i came to Abuja without knowing anybody, thank God my story have changed today as i can afford any food i want now.

6 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Samylekey(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2020
Horlasod:

What happened and how the party went and the most funniest part of that day to be continued in the morning cos I'm feeling sleepy now

U come put us for suspense abi. well-done

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by SavageBoy: 9:35am On Jul 15, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
Lol, Trenchard Hall and parties ehn. There's always an event there every Saturday and I trust Mellanbites, Tedderites, Kutites and Bellites to gate crash, lol. How you wan take do party for our school and our boys no go chao? Lol
Well, in 100 level back then in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth II hall (University of Ibadan grin grin), I was jejely in my room that Saturday morning doing what I can't remember when I heard Queens saying there was an ongoing party in that mini hall (I can't believe I can't remember the name of that place where elections and events do hold in Queen's hall again, chai!), well, girls said they had to go have their share of the sumptuous meals that were being shared, lo and behold, my roomies, floor mates, block mates and other queens had started going with various dishes, bowls and coolers to get meals that rightfully belonged to them as per landladies na, lol, hmph (I'm an ambivert by nature and the introverted side of me supersedes the other side of me so I would actually never do such) but guess what, I jejely took my own deep dish with cover and majestically strutted to that place to go get ounje omo onile not because I was hungry but because if I didn't experience gatecrashing that day then I'd never experience it, plus I wasn't about to miss party amala ( not like I was going to be the only Queen there, duh cool cool cool .( grin grin), and with the type of appetite I have, most times I only eat because it's necessary for my existence and that'd probably be my brunchd (breakfast, lunch and dinner maybe). Remembering this makes me laugh hysterically now though. Well, I got my wonderful amala (as the proper Yoruba girl wey I be) with I think some drinks grin grin grin, (we weren't about to let the drinks waste na pliks) and majestically strutted back to my room (H21) grin grin grin with my friends. Oh, what a day! I remember the food was sumptuous grin grin grin grin
Amala, ewedu soup and MEATS grin grin grin
That's my only gatecrashing experience.
Oh, I remember now, my friends would sometimes drag me to go felicitate with graduands during convocation every November. Omg, what friends I have! And to think I didn't go for my own convocation lipsrsealed. Convocation parties in UI dey always be like owambe weddings. Chai!

So that was your only gatecrashing experience you had in UI

You never went on food hunting at all?

Well most girls don't really do such stuffs in UI talk more of a queenite,the predominantly ajebo hallgrin
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by IAmSkinny: 9:55am On Jul 15, 2020
Mine wasn't funny oo.
Bouncer nearly shove the soul outta my body for inside Ikeja GRA.
The goal that was just to stroll around and take beautiful wedding pictures and spice up my portfolio with them.
I knack better suit, reach venue approach bouncer without IV. Baba no wan hear anything ooo. Long story short, I find my square root after the premium shoving.

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:26am On Jul 15, 2020
SavageBoy:

So that was your only gatecrashing experience you had in UI

You never went on food hunting at all?

Well most girls don't really do such stuffs in UI talk more of a queenite,the predominantly ajebo hallgrin
Haha, yes and that's because almost all Queens did same that day otherwise I'd never have done it in my entire life.
Lol, I know girls who did it back then sha.
Lol, Queens? I think the hall just has this class thing attached to it sha. There certainly were and still are girls from rich homes in Queens and of course, the ones who had to work, sell and school in Queens (the class to which I belonged) lol.
So you gatecrashed abi? You're still in school or done?

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Addme: 10:29am On Jul 15, 2020
15ssDRIVE:

Ameennnnnnn ameennnnnnnn amennnnnnn

I am Omoluabi...
Wow, so you are Yoruba... Never crossed my mind. Most of your posts do not depict that. Kudos for keeping it cool from tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by charmingfrank(m): 10:32am On Jul 15, 2020
This brought thread bring back pleasant memories.

Mayowa rest in peace bro.

I remember during my undergraduate days, there was this convocation I'm school. We were in predegree back then in 2011 in Eksu. Mayo came to the hostel and said Frank, them they share food for school make we go eat.

If you see speed make we take reach main auditorium, come and see different canopies with lots of food flying up and down. Well ate and drank allots and took many home. Na just one call we call hostel people and than place full.

Damn school was fun. That was my only gate-crashing events I attended.
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by nabbybjo(f): 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2020
Thank you for sharing my post

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Haywhymido(m): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2020
ModestGal:
Nah! My ego won't make me do something like that. Plus I don't even attend parties, my mind is telling me that on my wedding, there won't be any guest at Ore Iyawo side
lol, dey deceive yourself people like hearing and witnessing good news. If you invite them they will come.
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by 1759ademola(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
I refer one time in 2006, behind UI central mosque. One Special Adviser to Governor Ladoja was doing wedding for his daughter.
I was returning from one of these Saturday morning classes when I saw the tent. I branched.
You know Ibadan people like Amala too much. These core Ibadan people rejected rice the first served food which carries all the award in this world for Amala and the Caterers were looking for whom to give in the party.
I invited my classmates and we were all dining. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by VaalCee(m): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2020
We rocked UNIBEN All Saints Chapel Hall, Saint Albert Hall, Basement field, UNIBEN Guest House, Doctors House, Sports Complex, Engineering field etc wherever Loud sound dey bang, we must gate crash.. lols Hall 3 boys especially inaugural lectures on Thursdays

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by PrincessB1(f): 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2020
pDudd:
Back then in UI, I was tall and I had a chunky friend I used to call Big Dog. Big dog was a dark skinned Yoruba guy who had body and had Yoruba swag.

Now if you went to UI, you will know Sultan Bello Hall and it's dome called "Bello Dome." Lots of people used to do wedding receptions in Bello Dome and it was often a thing of repute to be a student in Bello Hall and be able to sneak into one of those wedding receptions.

One Saturday, they were holding one of those receptions and from the arrangement and decorations happening in the morning that day, it was like that reception was going to rock. And that period, kobo not dey anybody pocket and all boys were hungry. That's how I contacted Big Dog all the way in Zik Hall and told him to show, because we must enter that party. We used our last kobo to go and barb hair and ironed our whitest agbada and decided to enter.

Normally those parties require IV card to enter inside because they knew that students may want to fall inside and enjoy free food. But me and Big Dog looked like dignitaries. Infact, Big Dog resembled an Otunba and I resembled his boy. That's how both of us entered and got to the place where they are checking IV. Big Dog just talked one jagajaga alaye Yoruba talk and next thing they opened way for us because they thought he was a big man grin grin grin. They led us to one nice table that was already decorated with small chops.

Chai, see enjoyment. Small time they will bring juice, after a few minutes, they will bring wine, then malt, then bottle water, then peppersoup, etc. Small time they will check on us to know if we are having a good time. Me I dey form yankee ajebutter and Big Dog dey form Chief Otunba Big Dog. Omo! We chop every every. They kept bringing different types of food to our table and asking us if we are ok. Hahahahahahaha. That's how broke boys chop life that day.

Big Dog, if you're reading this, I miss you bro. grin grin grin
Wonderfully narrated cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by SavageBoy: 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

Haha, yes and that's because almost all Queens did same that day otherwise I'd never have done it in my entire life.
Lol, I know girls who did it back then sha.
Lol, Queens? I think the hall just has this class thing attached to it sha. There certainly were and still are girls from rich homes in Queens and of course, the ones who had to work, sell and school in Queens (the class to which I belonged) lol.
So you gatecrashed abi? You're still in school or done?

I've gatecrashed wella,though I'm beginning to stop it sha...

I'm in my penultimate

Send me a pm
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Chuky7(m): 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2020
nobone:
I was part of the supervisors during the NNPC aptitude test when they recruited that year @UST, I worked with the outsourcing firm that conducted the recruitment exercise.
The issue was that, they didn't invite me for the said test.

I needed the job too, so I was supervising and writing as well, with fear. I was so scared and careful so as not to loose the bird at hand.

Will I call that gate crashing.....
lol I wasn't a loyal staff......

Wait NNPC apt test was held in UST?

And it is outsourced?
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by nobone(f): 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
Chuky7:

Wait NNPC apt test was held in UST?

And it is outsourced?

Yeah at UST convocation arena in 2015.
It wasn't outsourced rather the outsourcing firm was responsible for the conduct of the assessment test & interview
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Chuky7(m): 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2020
nobone:

Yeah at UST convocation arena in 2015.
It wasn't outsourced rather the outsourcing firm was responsible for the conduct of the assessment test & interview

ohh okay...

What is name of the Firm...

Are you from Port Harcourt??...
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by nobone(f): 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2020
Chuky7:

ohh okay...

What is name of the Firm...

Are you from Port Harcourt??...
Yeah.
Philips outsourcing
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by Chuky7(m): 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
nobone:
Yeah. Philips outsourcing
Okay Thanks...
My ph sis wado Ooo
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by ModestGal(f): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Haywhymido:
lol, dey deceive yourself people like hearing and witnessing good news. If you invite them they will come.
If I invite you, will you come?
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by nobone(f): 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2020
Chuky7:

Okay Thanks...

My ph sis wado Ooo
Meka su nwene
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by anthonyuncle(m): 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
poshestmina:
I gatecrashed a looooot when I was small.
I went to every and any party in my area grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin.

From weddings ,naming ceremonies, dedication till I even attended that graduation party for kids that just finished Islamic school cheesy cheesy.

islamic what?!!

u did da heist!
u deserve da gatecrasher award.
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by anthonyuncle(m): 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2020
damtan:
In governor's centre in Akure, very close to FUTA North gate, myself and my Lodge mates gate crashed a wedding. I ate so much that I lost my phone.
I didn't even realize that I had lost my phone until we got back to the lodge. Chai, the thing pain me. I was confused about being happy that I ate a very good food that day or sad that I my phone.
Nice memory though!!!

how u take explain to ur parents say ur phone loss
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by damtan(m): 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
anthonyuncle:

how u take explain to ur parents say ur phone loss
LOL.
My parent had never bought for me,so,there was no need to explain. Na school things naaa. Getting a second hand phone wasn't an issue
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by anthonyuncle(m): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2020
damtan:

LOL.
My parent had never bought for me,so,there was no need to explain. Na school things naaa. Getting a second hand phone wasn't an issue

u be correct guy.

but if na me,
I no sure whether I go gree shit for 3 days.
that food must last for my belle like nokia battery
Re: Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences by anthonyuncle(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
louisa4luv:
Mine was in OAU, Ile-Ife. My friend from Adesanmi hostel invited me for his pharmacy induction. My department was close-by so I got there before they finished at oduduwa hall. While sitting at his tent, the tent beside us was already serving food. I just stood and went there. I was given the woman plate and she was serving her guests. The woman had varieties. Gues this drew crowds of students. Within a short time, her tent was bustling. Funny thing was the students were now begging me, Aunty please serve me. Aunty!!!! I was just laughing inside like, see this people o. Twas really fun. I even served the guys on my friends tent. �

e go hard make person like u miss heaven.

if u be driver eh,u go be confirm overtaker

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Biggest Shopping Mall (spar) Now Open / Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard / Burial Of Benue Woman And Her 3 Kids Who Died In Accident (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.