Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,264 members, 7,780,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:11 PM

Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking (36187 Views)

26 Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Engaging In Fraud (photos) / Two Nigerians To Die By Hanging In Ghana For Kidnapping, Killing Four Girls / Two Arrested For Kidnapping And Gang-Raping A 14-Year-Old Girl In Ogun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Sakamaje: 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
The Central Regional Anti-Human Trafficking Unit (AHT) of the Ghana Police Service (GPS) has arrested two Nigerians at Gomoa Pomadze on suspicion of kidnapping and human trafficking.

According to police, the suspects, Paul Okafor and Duru Favour, are said to be engaged in kidnapping and trafficking of young Nigerians to perpetrate cyber-crime activities in the country.

Briefing the Ghana News Agency (GNA), DSP Irene Oppong, Regional Police Public Relations Officer and Head of the AHTU, said 39 victims, all Nigerians in their twenties, were rescued in the process.

She said on Sunday, July 12, at about 1100 hours, the Winneba District Police Command, acting on information, dispatched a Police Patrol team to Gomoa Pomadze, where they met a 21-year old Nigerian, Charles Ikorohk in the company of three Ghanaians.

She said Ikorohk told the Police team that he arrived in the country from Nigeria on Wednesday, January 22, to visit a friend but could not trace him.

He said he got stranded in Accra where he met one Uzo at the Kwame Nkrumah interchange area, who later introduced him to one Arisuezo, also a Nigerian.

She said Arisuezo brought Ikorohk to Winneba and kept him in a walled house together with other young men from Nigerian.

According to DSP Oppong, Arisuezo prevented his captives from leaving the compound and subjected them to all forms of inhuman treatment and also engaged them in cyber-crime activities.

She said Charles managed to escape on Sunday, July 12 about 0800 hours when he was tasked to weed the compound of the house while their supervisors went out with one of the victims to a Mobile money vendor to withdraw some cash fraudulently received.

She said the police, after receiving a tip-off, quickly went to the house and rescued the 39 Nigerians and arrested the suspects.

Thirty-six laptops were also retrieved from the house. DSP Oppong said the owner of the house was arrested and given a police enquiry bail while investigations were ongoing to arrest Michael Arisuezo and his other accomplices.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/07/14/two-nigerians-arrested-ghana-alleged-kidnapping-trafficking

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Righteousness89(m): 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2020
Tho Hand join in Hand, the Wicked will not go unpunished!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Hoodgod(m): 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Factshunter: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2020
grin

Nna mehn, look at the face of the fair one. grin

6 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Simplyleo: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
I can swear with my left hairy balls, I wasn't disappointed. cheesy

One thing that always make me laugh uncontrollably is that, whenever Nigeria's battered image is being discussed, ipob miscreants will be all over the social media screaming Buhari.

The excuse usually tendered is that "Buhari damaged Nigeria's economy", lol.

So Buhari damaged Nigeria's economy and you went abroad where milk and honey flows, yet still find yourself committing crimes. undecided

Such is the height of poppycock.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by freshkpomo(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
International community watching Nigeria like..........

Together we can make Nigeria better

Nigerian youths drop your differences and unite.

God bless Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by tillaman(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
Some of our people outside the country no dey try at all I swear they basically move to other countries to constitute nuisance and create problems for hard working Nigerians over there making things more difficult for them!! I hope they put them in the hole for ever

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Stephendeals: 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
shocked

This is quite unfortunate that some unfortunate beings are smearing the name of Nigeria in the comity of Nations...

Kwantry hard do not mean we should take to crime....they are making it more difficult for hard working Nigerians to earn, so many sites have blocked access to Nigerians because of these acts...

lipsrsealed

Over 30 Laptops and He did not even patronize me....They should be sanctioned severely.. embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
Nigeria don cast tey tey.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by money121(m): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ok
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by KossyKiss97(f): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
Gobe!!!

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
Seriously.
Why is the heart of man so evil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Reex12(m): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
Lol... Alright more damage to the the already damaged reputation
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by omonla555: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
Igbo Amaka

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Robisky001(m): 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
Space for Sale
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by ThatFairGuy: 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
That's what most Nigerian youths in Ghana does. They're into Yahoo.

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by OmoDavido(m): 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
Nawa o
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Dpharisee: 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
When I heard human trafficking I thought the skull miners have exported their trade abroad from brown roofed areas, taking grown up men to go and hustle using ICT should not be described as human trafficking but unlicensed cyber operators cool

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
Demola Ajayi
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Elzakzaky: 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
I ve not read the post but I am certain they must come from one tribe that likes developing other peoples state.

oya let me go and read the post

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by dynicks(m): 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
For the short sighted ones and those who ain't patient enough to read through., The names mentioned are YUSUF ADENIYI okafor and duru ADEBANJO AHMED.......

So as we all can see, it's a mixed breed situation....injury to one is injury to all...

No cause for alarm!!....one Nigeria, one love!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by bignero: 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
Isooright!!!
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking by Enoch07: 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
Nigerians!!!! na wa

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Ex-footballer, Brazilian Returnee, 2 Malians, Intercepts Cocaine / Woman Slices Rival’s Face With Razor Blade, As Lover Dumps Both / Two Robbers Caught In FUTMinna After Attacking A Student, Stripped & Tied (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.