Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

One Week After Flights Resumption, Airlines Record 30% Traffic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Week After Flights Resumption, Airlines Record 30% Traffic (511 Views)

Fare Hike: Airlines Record Low Booking As Passengers Shun Flights / International Flights Resumption In Nigeria: List Of Banned & Approved Airlines / FG To Begin Dry Run Ahead Of Domestic Flights Resumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Week After Flights Resumption, Airlines Record 30% Traffic by opportunes: 9:58am On Jul 15, 2020
One week after the resumption of domestic flights, passenger traffic remains at between 30 to 40 percent, checks by Daily Trust have shown. Domestic flights started last Wednesday with Lagos and Abuja, and by Saturday, Port Harcourt, Kano, and Owerri flights resumed.

Other airports are to also reopen on Wednesday for commercial flights with Overland, the only domestic carrier, which has not started operations, resuming.

The airlines, which have resumed operations so far are Arik Air, Air Peace, Dana Air, Azman, Max Air, Ibom Air and Aero Contractors. But since the flights resumed, the airlines have been carrying less than 50 percent of their capacity.

For instance, on the day of the opening, Air Peace had the highest number of passengers on its first flight with 112 passengers on a Boeing 737 aircraft which could take more than 140 passengers depending on the configuration.

Arik Air had less than 80 passengers on its first flight last Wednesday. But sources said the passengers’ tally had continued to dwindle since the first set of flights last Wednesday.

Analysis of Tuesday’s morning and afternoon flights operated by most of the airlines indicated that all of them carried less than 40 percent of the aircraft capacity. For instance, a Lagos-Port Harcourt morning flight of one of the airlines had 10 passengers and it returned to Lagos with 34.

Another airline had 28 outbound passengers and recorded 49 inbound passengers. Also, one of the Abuja-Port Harcourt flights indicated that one of the airlines departed with 58 passengers and returned with 53.

A source in the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) confirmed that passenger traffic has been hovering at between 30 and 40 percent.

Experts believe the domestic traffic would experience a rebound only when the international flights resume.

An aviation analyst, Mr. Tayo Ojuri, had told Daily Trust that 30 percent of the domestic traffic is tied to international operations.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/one-week-after-flights-resumption-airlines-record-30-traffic.html
Re: One Week After Flights Resumption, Airlines Record 30% Traffic by SmartProf(m): 10:01am On Jul 15, 2020
The airlines should manage it like that cos Nigerians are tired of domestic flights, they are waiting for international flights to resume let them run away from this nonesense country. I just pity those who trekked accross geographical zones just to celebrate Buhari's victory cos if they had trekked through the Sahara desert & Libya, they would have been cooling off in Europe now discussing with foreign accents, but they are still here eating badly roasted corn without pear as a result of a failed government they celebrated.

5 Likes

Re: One Week After Flights Resumption, Airlines Record 30% Traffic by GodpunishBuhari: 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2020
SmartProf:
The airlines should manage it like that cos Nigerians are tired of domestic flights, they are waiting for international flights to resume let them run away from this nonesense country. I just pity those who trekked accross geographical zones just to celebrate Buhari's victory cos if they had trekked through the Sahara desert & Libya, they would have been cooling off in Europe now discussing with foreign accents, but they are still here eating badly roasted corn without pear as a result of a failed government they celebrated.

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: One Week After Flights Resumption, Airlines Record 30% Traffic by flyingpig: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
SmartProf:
nwamaikpe! cheesy i've missed u cheesy

2 Likes

Re: One Week After Flights Resumption, Airlines Record 30% Traffic by Kalapizim(m): 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2020
Obviously as it should be till the numbers go up gradually especially with Sallah coming soon.

Then you have apathy for travel, i have a booking from the final week of flight cancellation before the lockdown i haven't used to Abuja and the main reason for me not going now is due to me having nothing to do in Abuja at the moment.

(1) (Reply)

Transcript / The Best Country For My Work Between Mauritius And Dubai / UK Or Australia Student Route Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.