Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,143 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History (1593 Views)

Never Trust A Mechanic, My Experience With A Close One / No Matter The State Or Country, Never Trust A Mechanic To Change Your Oil Unsupe / The History And Evolution Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2020
It just occur to me that people, especially dealers have been making a mistake of buying a clean title which they claim is not accidented before import which is very true..........

But I like to shock you with this, all that glitters is not Gold!

A lot of People made the mistake of buying a clean title car without checking the history of it.

They are risks attached to buying a Clean title car without checking out the history of it.

What are the risks? Follow me down and see it!

What is a clean title?

A clean title is a car imported without any damage. A clean title is tagged a clean car before import, because it was not bought accidented.

Why am I so interested in this Topic? Follow me closely...........

It's because i have seen a lot of people who have bought a clean title Car, and intentionally refused to check out the ViN History all because it is a clean title!

Little did they know that they are putting themselves at risk.

What are these Risks?

#1. Buying a Clean title Car that had a flood damage.

#2. Buying a Clean title Car that had an accidental damage.

It is true that clean title cars is best to buy than a car that has been accidented because it has no dent before import, i totally agree with you!

But I love to let you know that a clean title car history should be checked, regardless if its clean or good looking.

Why?

#1. Flood takes place abroad than any other place in the world, and most of the car owners usually take their cars for repairs and continue using until export.

#2. A lot of Americans don't sell their cars at the auction just because it had an accident, they repair it and continue using it, and sell it off when they are tired of it.

What I mean is this: Many clean title cars have a previous accidental damage or flood damage, but repaired abroad and used until import to Nigeria!

How can I avoid this?

#1. It's very simple, run a ViNcheck on it to be on the safe side.

Please Note: This is not an advert post

Promotervickky, Lion King - Monk.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2020
Booked Your Space Yet?
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by Bighead9: 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2020
Are we ready yet? Book your space
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by realphatphem: 7:35pm On Jul 15, 2020
Booked
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2020
Get Ready!!!!
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by Fogman(m): 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
This is past 9pm
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by ksmart027(m): 9:15pm On Jul 15, 2020
space booked
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2020
Post up!! Read on it!
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
Read and be enlightened
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 6:53am On Jul 16, 2020
For the morning Takers!!
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
Be enlightened
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
promotervickky:
Post up!! Read on it!
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by Gravatar: 6:09am On Jul 17, 2020
promotervickky:

What is a clean title?

[s]

A clean title is a car imported without any damage. A clean title is tagged a clean car before import, because it was not bought accidented.

[/s]

Bros no dey dish out wrong information

After all this long post, so na just vin check advert be this long story

Shift jare

Wetin people for here dey do free of charge sef

No adverts allowed in car talk oga
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 6:38am On Jul 17, 2020
Gravatar:

Bros no dey dish out wrong information

After all this long post, so na just vin check advert be this long story

Shift jare

Wetin people for here dey do free of charge sef

No adverts allowed in car talk oga

Mr. Gravetor, Good morning sir, please that was not my intention, you people should stop reading someone's mind falsely, and who told you it's a wrong information?

Please don't derail the thread!
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by thebigkendo(m): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
promotervickky:

[b]Why
?

#1. Flood takes place abroad than any other place in the world, and most of the car owners usually take their cars for repairs and continue using until export.

#2. A lot of Americans don't sell their cars at the auction just because it had an accident, they repair it and continue using it, and sell it off when they are tired of it.

How can I avoid this?

#1. It's very simple, run a ViNcheck on it to be on the safe side.

Promotervickky, Lion King - Monk.

So a car is flooded and will have clean title after it was not reported to the insurance? But it will appear in your vin check?
Same thing, I have an accident.. Settled out of insurance, take the car to my garage & "fix"..
The accident will appear in you vincheck?

Sir you are speaking in the rubbish grin

Do you even know how the vin report you are hawking up & down is compiled??
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
thebigkendo:

So a car is flooded and will have clean title after it was not reported to the issuance? But it will appear in your vin check?
Same thing, I have an accident.. Settled out of insurance, take the car to my garage & "fix"..

You saw that I didn't want to reply you, and you came back to confuse yourself.
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by thebigkendo(m): 1:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
promotervickky:

You saw that I didn't want to reply you, and you came back to confuse yourself.

Expert, please teach us how a flooded car which was not reported to insurance can be clean title but vin check will expose it
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 1:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
thebigkendo:

Expert, please teach us how a flooded car which was not reported to insurance can be clean title but vin check will expose it

Have a Nice day sir.
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by chukel(m): 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
thebigkendo:

this ignorant fellow doesn't know what clean title is. Just leave him to bask in his ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
chukel:
this ignorant fellow doesn't know what clean title is. Just leave him to bask in his ignorance.
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by chukel(m): 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
promotervickky:

Done Sir, tthanks so much.
I asked him to ignore you. You just trolling car talk. Was that one line of mine difficult for you to comprehend?
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
chukel:
I asked him to ignore you. You just trolling car talk. Was that one line of mine difficult for you to comprehend?

Am I spoiling business for you people with my services? Based on Nairaland rules, I won't bully or insult, please have a Nice day.
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by chukel(m): 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
promotervickky:

Am I spoiling business for you people with my services? Based on Nairaland rules, I won't bully or insult, please have a Nice day.
you really think too much of yourself. I send referrals a lot to computerglobal. Dude knows what he does without making noise. But you are all noise and no substance.
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by kingreign(m): 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
chukel:
you really think too much of yourself. I send referrals a lot to computerglobal. Dude knows what he does without making noise. But you are all noise and no substance.

Hahahahaha.

You don finish the guy completely, no mercy at all.
Chai!
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
chukel:

The ComputerGlobal you talk about is my good friend, he doesn't reply trolls even if he is dragged. Maybe I should start doing the same thing

Nevertheless, even Gazzuz and Ikenna-lion king as well as other Gurus are dragged every now and then. I will also overlook this dragging
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2020
Be enlightened
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by jabolo(m): 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
thebigkendo:

So a car is flooded and will have [b]clean title after it was not reported to the insurance? But it will appear in your vin check?[/b]

This is actually a legitimate question but why couched in such blatant disrespect? Was it really necessary, unless I'm missing some previous history (pardon the pun) between you guys?

OP, if you don't mind, please answer the question. Feel free to admit any shortcomings as well. Most here just want to learn.
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
jabolo:

This is actually a legitimate question but why couched in such blatant disrespect? Was it really necessary, unless I'm missing some previous history (pardon the pun) between you guys?

OP, if you don't mind, please answer the question. Feel free to admit any shortcomings as well. Most here just want to learn.

Please I refused to answer the question because he was talking out of point. If a car is flooded or accidented bfr and fixed, it will be noted as clean title if it was not involved in any other casualties during pre-import.

I checked a ViN for a supposed clean title 2012 camry last week, it had 2 accidents-1 in 2015, the other in 2016. Fast forward to 2019 sale date, it was noted as clean title!

The pre-import pics are with me.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
promotervickky:

Please I refused to answer the question because he was talking out of point. If a car is flooded or accidented bfr and fixed, it will be noted as clean title if it was not involved in any other casualties during pre-import.

I checked a ViN for a supposed clean title 2012 camry last week, it had 2 accidents-1 in 2015, the other in 2016. Fast forward to 2019 sale date, it was noted as clean title!

The pre-import pics are with me.

You're making zero sense.

Any VIN report you get is based on information reported to the insurance company and DMV. A car can be accidented or flooded and would still show as clean title without any history of such on its VIN report, as long as those incidents were not reported to the insurance.

Don't mislead people. VIN reports are great, but they're not at all the be-all-end-all for knowing a car's history.

Oh, and last time I checked, advertisements are banned on Cartalk. No one is trying to detract from your business, but let's all be guided.
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You're making zero sense.

Any VIN report you get is based on information reported to the insurance company and DMV. A car can be accidented or flooded and would still show as clean title without any history of such on its VIN report, as long as those incidents were not reported to the insurance.

Don't mislead people. VIN reports are great, but they're not at all the be-all-end-all for knowing a car's history.

Oh, and last time I checked, advertisements are banned on Cartalk. No one is trying to detract from your business, but let's all be guided.

I believe that you can still make your suggestions without any insults.

And who told you, I wrote this to advertise my business? This thing is getting me pissed off!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2005 For Sale Or Swap / How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. / Amazing Toyota Hilux Hilly Limited Edition Unveiled (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.