Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City (56281 Views)

Anambra International Cargo and passenger Airport Almost Ready(photos) / Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) / Ongoing Anambra International Airport City Project: 3-D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by somalianprince: 2:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
Firstly you are not from Anambra. Secondly, since there are airports in Owerri and Enugu, once the one in Anambra is completed, we may push for the ones in Owerri and Enugu to be converted to warehouses, so that all the states in the region would use the one in Anambra, since those states are near to each. Thirdly Anambra has the best roads networks, at least in the SE. Finally, Anambra international airport will be Nigeria's busiest airport after Lagos, Abuja and maybe PH.

winterfell007:
I'm from Anambra but this is a complete waste of money, there isn't much air traffic to the airports in the eastern region except PH airport, why build another one when we aren't experiencing heavy traffic in the other airports like Enugu and Owerri airports.
The money would have better served in rehabilitating and improving rural roads and water projects in the state

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by sugah: 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2020
Chinobastardaw:
Anambra don't deserve an airport.. There is an airport in asaba and another in Enugu... Anambra is a small state that is been washed off by erosion.. They should concentrate on that and forget about this airport that will add nothing to them undecided
They’re 2 airports in Delta state and both receive a good number of passengers.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by somalianprince: 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
What you saw there is apron. See the runway being constructed. There are 4 major contractors working on Anambra international airport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlBdJFLz17U

Yankee101:
It's good to create jobs, but manual labour won't compact this runway properlyYou need compressing machinesOr it will begin to swell and crack after little use and weather change
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by emperor863(m): 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
Good project for a land locked state/zone.

If corruption does not derail the project (as usual), we hope all cargoes would be flown directly to the east thereby reducing the pressure on infrastructure in the south west. I earnestly look forward to those days where developers will start to develop the poorest zone of southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Heavensent01(m): 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
spy24:
Anambra and Akwa ibom are the only two state in Nigeria that have governors that are working in succession

The rest are just there

And before anybody shouts Lagos
Tell me what Lagos governors have done in that state since the capital was moved from Lagos
Na maintenance them dey do for Lagos

As big as Lekki there is no general hospital

Sanwoolu is a useless man, instead of the foools to work na hardship he dey bring to lagosian

thunder fire his stock fish head there

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by UmuEri(m): 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
Chinobastardaw:

An airport that will soon be washed off by erosion chino? Anambra doesn't deserve an airport.. Most people in onitsha will always prefer to use the Asaba airport than the umueri airport that is almost situated in kogi state(igala land)

Chino Anambra should tackle its moral problems first and stop their fathers from raping their daughters

I can see that you are daft. Who told you that Umueri my community is almost situated at Kogi?

From Umueri to Onitsha is just about 15 minutes, while Asaba to Onitsha is almost 35 minutes.

Even if you have endemic brain tumor, at least, Google map could aid you.

And for your info, Umueri is a different community from Aguleri the Neighbouring community.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by emperor863(m): 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
Good project for a land locked state/zone.

If corruption does not derail the prooject (as usual), we hope all cargoes would soon be flown directly to the east thereby reducing the pressure on infrastructure in the south west. I earnestly look forward to those days where developers will start to develop their poorest zone of southern Nigeria.
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by DarkJeddi(m): 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2020
Chinobastardaw:
Anambra problem isn't airport.. Anambra doesn't deserve an airport.. They should take care of their erosion and their morals.. Address the rape of their daughters by their fathers and also educate their women to love their husband
And your problem is that you are a BASTARD SON of a Drunkard with an Ashawo mother.. grin

ANUMPAMA.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Kingbuhari(m): 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
That means I will fly direct to my state when coming back next year... Chai oba international airport would've been more nicer , just drop and take taxi straight to my house... Anyway Anambra Amaka

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by DarkJeddi(m): 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
UmuEri:

I can see that you are daft. Who told you that Umueri my community is almost situated at Kogi?

From Umueri to Onitsha is just about 15 minutes, while Asaba to Onitsha is almost 35 minutes.

And for your info, Umueri is a different community from Aguleri the Neighbouring community.
Don't bother explaining anything to the BASTARD.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by bptc10: 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
This is international cargo and passengers airport, apart from Lagos and Abuja airports which airport in Nigeria has a runway of 3.6kilometers length?, get your facts right before you come here to right nonsense
winterfell007:
I'm from Anambra but this is a complete waste of money, there isn't much air traffic to the airports in the eastern region except PH airport, why build another one when we aren't experiencing heavy traffic in the other airports like Enugu and Owerri airports.
The money would have better served in rehabilitating and improving rural roads and water projects in the state

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Kingbuhari(m): 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
proeast:

Not just that, another governor may even abandon it and it will become a white elephant project. He must do everything possible to complete it before living office.

He didn't build it in Awka or Onitsha but in his village as I heard, so another governor may abandon it for that reason if he fails to complete it before leaving office and that will be a disaster.
Igbo people have serious problem, why his village Oba airport would've been more viable due to it closeness to two economic hub of the state, Onitsha and Nnewi ... Who will go to Agulueri when Owerri airport and Asaba is just a stone throw... Anyway Tribal politics no go kee us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by ofordegreat(m): 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
Contractors working 24/7, day and night to complete the project at schedule date, the site has to a massive construction arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzNFSnvjJus

Willie is willing working.

Keenly following...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by chijioke17(m): 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
Racoon:
Whao! This is great though Asaba & Akanu Ibiam Airports are just a stone throw.Dredging of the Niger will also be done in the long run.Ala Igbo ya dinma.
It's not a regular airport, but an international cargo airport. Most trailers heading to the east are destined for onitsha main market. So a cargo airport in Anambra means reduced trailers on the highway, reduced trailer related accidents, reduced strain on the Niger bridge and faster delivery. Although all these is pending the proposed Onitsha sea port. I think Owerri has a cargo airport as well though, not sure

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by teemac01(m): 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
Gigantic project in Anambra

Who designed this for god sake...
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Chirowman(m): 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
good job by obiano , obiano is working

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Focusmind: 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
White elephant project!!! Use the fund and repair all the dilapidated roads in Onitsha and Nnewi that still looks like a village.

Our leaders are always wasteful and sadly, the youths will be hear praising the profligacy. How active will be the so called airport be when there is one in Asaba?

Please our money should be well spent by both federal and state government.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2020
Chinobastardaw:
Anambra don't deserve an airport.. There is an airport in asaba and another in Enugu... Anambra is a small state that is been washed off by erosion.. They should concentrate on that and forget about this airport that will add nothing to them undecided

don't allow frustration to take greater part of u.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by property123: 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
He had 8 yrs in office and nothing happened its this few months left that he ll do fire brigade to complete such a legacy project.

lagdmark:

Within 3 to 6 months, the Coronavirus delayed the earlier completion. It for smaller aircrafts only
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by AnanseK(m): 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
It is a welcome development. Hoping that it doesn’t become the cocaine hub of Africa. Knowing our brothers very well.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by somalianprince: 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
Lol you are just an envious fellow. The airport project just broke your heart. Ndo oo. Onitsha is a modern city, more modern than even your state capital. Fact.

As for how active the airport shall be, it will be as active as the airports in Lagos and Abuja.

[s]
Focusmind:
White elephant project!!! Use the fund and repair all the dilapidated roads in Onitsha and Nnewi that still looks like a village.Our leaders are always wasteful and sadly, the youths will be hear praising the profligacy. How active will be the so called airport be when there is one in Asaba?Please our money should be well spent by both federal and state government.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Chidex50(m): 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
Chinobastardaw:
Anambra problem isn't airport.. Anambra doesn't deserve an airport.. They should take care of their erosion and their morals.. Address the rape of their daughters by their fathers and also educate their women to love their husband
WHAT KIND OF STUPID TALK IS THIS? ALL YOU JUST MENTIONED, ARE THEY NOT WHAT'S HAPPENING ALL OVER NIGERIA! WHY LIKENING IT TO ONE AREA.PEOPLE LIKE YOU JUST BELIEVED RUBBISH. EVEN IN YOUR FAMILY, I BELIEVE THERE'S SO MUCH PRESSING ISSUES BOTH NOW AND THE ONES THAT'LL HAPPEN LATER.SO TRY TO BE ENLIGHTENED

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by divieq17: 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
Equilog Professional Reachstacker Training currently ongoing #day4

Aim: Anatomy of a reachstacker, trainee was shown parts of the machine and functions of the hand controls.

A reach stacker is a vehicle used for handling intermodal cargo containers in small terminals or medium-sized ports. Reach stackers are able to transport a container short distances very quickly and pile them in various rows depending on its access.
Reach stackers have gained ground in container handling in most markets because of their flexibility and higher stacking and storage capacity when compared to forklift trucks. Using reach stackers, container blocks can be kept 4-deep due to second row access.
There are also empty stackers or empty container handlers that are used only for handling empty containers quickly and efficiently.

#Tinubu #AGBaby #onlyfansbabe #Berger #tithe #NationalAssembly #BBNaijaReunioun #SAVENIGERIANSTUDENTS #WakeUPNigeriaAt3 #NoCorruptionDay #WhichKindWakaBeThis

Registration is currently ongoing @ Equilog Training Institute, Visit our office at Royal Cedar Plaza, KM 25 Lekki- epe expressway, opposite Fidelity Bank, Ajah Lagos.

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by pacco6ixty9(m): 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2020
Nice one How About Abia State Airport we saw ongoing construction ... ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Katier00(f): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

I doubt if a Governor Soludo will abandon such a critical economic enabler!
you mean Governor Obiora Okonkwo
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Theevilone(m): 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
UmuEri:

I wanted to address this earlier but I decided to keep calm untill now, people be typing rubbish here they forgot that the town boundaries in anambra Awka and onitsha is less than 30 minutes to cover , while from onitsha to asaba airport is more than that if there is no usual traffic in asaba .

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by obailala(m): 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
spy24:
Anambra and Akwa ibom are the only two state in Nigeria that have governors that are working in succession

The rest are just there

And before anybody shouts Lagos
Tell me what Lagos governors have done in that state since the capital was moved from Lagos
Na maintenance them dey do for Lagos

As big as Lekki there is no general hospital
What exactly is the Akwa Ibom governor doing in your list? Both past and present, they're all useless.

A lot of Nigerians just fail to analyse performance of leaders with the right yardsticks.

Compared to Anambra and other states generally, do you know the kind of revenue accruing to akwa ibom yearly? They consistently gets the highest allocation of all 36 states every year. Meanwhile the state is made up of 90% forest. The fact that the few cities there arent close to Dubai yet, the fact that they till have schools with dilapidated classrooms, the fact they still have communities without clean drinking water and the fact they haven't been able to build the Ibaka seaport for the past 20 years, that already speaks volumes on how useless their governors have been.

Notable mentions of useless governors - Lagos, Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Theevilone(m): 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
Kingbuhari:
Igbo people have serious problem, why his village Oba airport would've been more viable due to it closeness to two economic hub of the state, Onitsha and Nnewi ... Who will go to Agulueri when Owerri airport and Asaba is just a stone throw... Anyway Tribal politics no go kee us

Even imbeciles want to contribute pls u know nothing about anambra nor development , umueri is or the omobara side is the best place for the airport considering space and accessibility to other towns in the state.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Feraz(m): 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
Theevilone:

I wanted to address this earlier but I decided to keep calm untill now, people be typing rubbish here they forgot that the town boundaries in anambra Awka and onitsha is less than 30 minutes to cover , while from onitsha to asaba airport is more than that if there is no usual traffic in asaba .
That is where a rail network is supposed to be contracted. I'd have expected Igbo lands, from Ebonyi to Asaba to Onitsha to the borders of Abia to be interlinked with a proper rail network and then, Enugu, Owerri and Asaba airports upgraded to world class airports, cargo sections built in these three airports.

And Chino, can you fuckin stop spamming this topic, fighting with everyone.

somalianprince:
Firstly you are not from Anambra. Secondly, since there are airports in Owerri and Enugu, once the one in Anambra is completed, we may push for the ones in Owerri and Enugu be converted to warehouses, that all the states in the region would use the one in Anambra, since those states are near to each. Thirdly Anambra has the best roads networks, at least in the SE. Finally, Anambra international airport will be Nigeria's busiest airport after Lagos, Abuja and maybe PH.

Can you face topic and stop fighting with everyone? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Feraz(m): 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
obailala:

Notable mentions of useless governors - Lagos, Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers.

Are we basing this based on allocations and revenue generated by the states or is there another criteria because I'd have expected Kogi, Abia, Enugu to be here
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by somalianprince: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
Why can't the ongoing airport in Anambra be built to worldclass standard that can compete with Heathrow, and convert the ones in Owerri and Enugu to warehouses and link them up with rail lines connecting the international airport in Anambra. What do you think? tongue

]
Feraz:
That is where a rail network is supposed to be contracted. I'd have expected Igbo lands, from Ebonyi to Asaba to Onitsha to the borders of Abia to be interlinked with a proper rail network and then, Enugu, Owerri and Asaba airports upgraded to world class airports, cargo sections built in these three airports. And Chino, can you fuckin stop spamming this topic, fighting with everyone. Can you face topic and stop fighting with everyone? undecided
Re: Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City by Chinobastardaw: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
MelesZenawi:

don't allow frustration to take greater part of u.
Welcome back from long ban nna.. I hope you will behave better this time around after your long ban grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Dies In Accident Along Abuja-Kaduna Road. Do You Know Her? (Graphic Photo) / Newly Constructed Opako Adigbe Road In Abeokuta Washed Off By Rain Yesterday. / See The Tallest Hotel In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.