Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Top Historical Moments In Pictures - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Historical Moments In Pictures (6980 Views)

5 Top Historical Nigerian Mass Massacre.[gore] / Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] / Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2020
Straight to my lovely GoreLovers
CAPSLOCKED Hahn hopefullandlord buddatum ghostrye UndauntedYOCA fattprince, StacyO, Berlyn1 Xmuslim palehair doggedfighter LordReed , Dyt

First Negative photograph

British Philosopher and scientist William Henry Fox Talbot was a dabbler of renown. In 1833, while on holiday in Italy, he wondered if images his camera threw against paper could be made to imprint themselves. Talbot’s experiments led to the first paper negatives and greatly reduced the exposure time required to make a picture

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2020
An Autochrome, 1909

Early effort to render photographs in color, at first using plates coated with silver chloride, date to 1848; they were generally unsuccessful. Two decades later, drawing from ideas about color decomposition forwarded by Scottish scientist James Clerk Maxwell, Louis Ducos du Hauron made a color picture by superimposing three photos of one subject, shot through different filters, it was left to the Lumière brothers, famous as pioneering filmmakers, to develop a single-plate color process, which they did in 1904. Below: A Paris aircraft exhibit shot in Autochrome, the Lumière method.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2020
First Printed Photograph. 1873

2 Likes

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2020
Photograph of a plane crash, 1935

In 1935, this photograph in Adirondacks was sent from New York to 25 other cities, and Associated Press Wirephoto was born. The ‘30s saw a boom in mass media photography, as transmitted images let people see within hours what they previously only imagined from newspaper or radio accounts.

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2020
Twiggy, 1967

In mid-1960s, Mary Quant introduced the miniskirt at her Carnaby Street boutique, and soon the modes of London, personified by a skinny teenage model called Twiggy, were setting the standards in style.

3 Likes

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
Betty Grable, 1942

Betty Grable and her million dollar legs were the perfect balm for what ailed ‘em, and this 1942 pinup of the easygoing girl with oodles of back-home charm, and other assets, made the war seem a little more bearable. Sexy pinups later grew to poster size, perhaps most memorably in the endlessly reproduced portrait of Farrah Fawcett.

1 Like

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by donjazet(m): 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
Good one TheSourcerer, for the first time you've created a thread that doesn't feed your blood lust. More of this please. Enough of the killing posts. We don't need to be constantly reminded of humanity's darkness.

Please continue to contribute positively to the forum, no more blood, PLEASE.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2020
A sharpshooter with a 35 mm gun on the streets,1952

1 Like

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2020
donjazet:
Good one TheSourcerer, for the first time you've created a thread that doesn't feed your blood lust. More of this please. Enough of the killing posts. We don't need to be constantly reminded of humanity's darkness.

think I get you , almost impossible to talk about history without the dark side of humanity though , else it's adultrated

2 Likes

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2020
Homeless poors, Glasgow, 1868

1 Like

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2020
Early photo of New York city, 1880

3 Likes

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
Wanted poster, 1865

Six days after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, in the midst of a frantic two-week search, the war department hung Wanted posters with an innovation: Pasted on were photographs of John Wilkes Booth and two of his suspected conspirators. After seeing Booth’s picture, fishermen pointed soldiers in the right direction, and they located the assassin in a Virginia tobacco barn; they burned the barn and found the suspect had been shot through the neck. The Wanted poster proved so effective that using a photograph became a fixture of law enforcement.

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by Fiisty(f): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2020
Passport, 1914

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2020
Aryan Race Determination Tests, Germany, 1940
Funny even if you were white , you still were not Aryan enough still without passing these test, to keep the so-called Aryan race pure

2 Likes

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2020
Charles Lindbergh, Croydon Aerodrome, England, 1927

The world became a much smaller place on May 21, 1927, when Charles Lindbergh, aka the Flying Fool, touched down in France after crossing the Atlantic alone and nonstop. Long-distance commercial aviation would soon alter human movement.

1 Like

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:39pm On Jul 15, 2020
These are the real feminist , it's adultrated now but these were them

Brandi Chastain, 1999

The Title IX legislation of 1972, which banned sexual discrimination in education programs receiving federal funds, led to a boom in schoolgirl sports. When a US team of women raised on Title IX won the 1999 soccer World Cup final, still more girls were inspired to lace up their sneakers. Brandi Chastain said that she ripped off her shirt in celebration because guys had been doing it for years.
Btw they never hated men , mordern feminist keyboard warriors , they don't hate men , they paved way for equality already , y'all should not surf on their past glory to chase clouts

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2020
Omar09 hey brotherly
Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
donjazet you're a mod yes?
Why have any of my topics been moved to fp , best I get is trending , why is that? I have not in any of my topics broken the rules. If it's because of personal reasons it's only just for seun to tell me to stop as if it does not attract good traffic and I will . But subjecting my research to filth , unforetold thread deletion and unjust banning , is a cowardice way of communicating
Dominique Lalasticlala mynd44

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by chiiraq802(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2020
donjazet:

Frankly speaking, You're in no place to tell him what to post sir....if you're feint hearted, stop viewing his thread....
I and many others are enjoying his Gore threads...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2020
Lynching, 1930

Shows you there's no superior gene , whites are as clueless and barbaric as the sterotipical black savage man right ?

Tell me what is the difference between a Nigerian lynch and the whites way of jungle justice

NB. There is no superior race , knowing thing takes you halfway from been free from infiriority complex

Be honest what do you see in these photo than uncultured savages , hanging men for skin color , not for theft as in Nigeria's case but for been black! Whites are not superior to you , if anything their race are cunning and we gullible to our open hearts not the other way around

13 Likes

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
chiiraq802:

Frankly speaking, You're in no place to tell him what to post sir....if you're feint hearted, stop viewing his thread....
I and many others are enjoying his Gore threads...
thank you Chiiraq802, and I feel guilty not ever adding you as one of my front sitters , and you have been very ververt on my threads
Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by chiiraq802(m): 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2020
TheSourcerer:
thank you Chiiraq802, and I feel guilty not ever adding you as one of my front sitters , and you have been very ververt on my threads

That's not a problem broskiii.... whether ah dey back sit or front sit, as long as i am enjoying ur threads...It's very Owk with me cool

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2020
chiiraq802:

That's not a problem broskiii.... whether ah dey back sit or front sit, as long as i am enjoying ur threads...It's very Owk with me cool
you're a hundred person Awesome , know this and Nobody nobody should tell you otherwise , no one knows you like you , not even your parents, you are awesome all the way
Text me here I'll get your WhatsApp contact
darnleypedro22@gmail.com
Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
Omar09 LordReed Xmuslim CAPSLOCKED Hahn hopefullandlord buddatum

I think we should fancy this

Roger Bannister, 1954

In 1954, it was gospel to one and all that a human being simply could not cover a one-mile distance in less than four minutes. The one nonbeliever was a British medical student who took up track while studying at Oxford and developed scientific training regimes to try to achieve the unachievable. On May 6, Roger Bannister ran the mile in 3.59.4. His historic portrait made front page around the glove, and his feat redefined what was possible. Two months later, in a changed world, John Land, too, broke the unbreakable four-minute mile

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by Omar09(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Just went through it and it was whhoooooooooo , does this have to do with the site ish?

Yeah... It's a meme. Some people thinks it went too far, but it's just the usual. Well 'usual' not that I do it to myself or will want to do it to myself, but damn!

Anyway I watched it for a long time thinking it has an end but, it's just a loop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
Massacre at Sharpeville, 1960

To control the passage of blacks through white areas, South African law required them to carry a passbook at all times. On March 21, some 20,000 gathered in township of Sharpeville to protest the rule. Police opened fire, killing 69 and injuring some 180, most of them shot in the back as they tried to flee. Police Commander D.H. Piennar said, “If they do these things, they must learn their lessons the hard way.” This image of random carnage forced other nations to heed the vile injustices there.

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
Omar09:

Yeah... It's a meme. Some people thinks it went too far, but it's just the usual. Well 'usual' not that I do it to myself or will want to do it to myself, but damn!

Anyway I watched it for a long time thinking it has an end but, it's just a loop.
yeah I loved it at first glance , was more trippy than Scary lol, great tho

1 Like

Re: Top Historical Moments In Pictures by TheSourcerer: 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
Jackson, Mississippi, 1963

The positive message that some people were able to draw from this unspeakable moment is that two white kids had the decency to help a fellow human endure the taunts of a mob.
Again not all whites are racists same way not all nigerians are tribalistic ....
There is no superior race , we are humans

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Federal Poly Ilaro 2012/2013 Merit Admission List Is Out / Ndu Post Ume Cutoff Is Out Here / Federal Poly Ukana Admission Procedure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.