Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? (2738 Views)

Ballon d’Or: Evra Congratulates Messi Ahead Of 2021 Award Ceremony / Italian TV Station Bans Pundit For Racist Comment On Lukaku / Caption This Photo Of Ronaldo And Neymar At The Best FIFA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

U17 and Olympics?? seriously bro?? are you joking??

copa 2015? that was a mere consolation prize.. Messi is the star player of copa america, they will always do anything to make him happy, and him winning the prize simply despite missing a penalty and not winning the competition goes a long way to validate my point..

And bros, pls explain to me how Messi who did not score a single goal in the knockout stages of the 2014 WC won the best player over Muller who won the tournament, and scored more goals than Messi
Mr Pundit,
Explain to me how Modric won the golden ball over Griezmann who had more goals in the knockouts of 2018 world cup ??.....u think ts always about goals abi....Ronaldo fans ehn...I weak.....or will u tell me now that Modric didnt deserve to b the player of the tournament...... it's ur type that say that they robbed Ronaldo of the balon d'Or by giving it to Modric....

"copa 2015? that was a mere consolation prize.. Messi is the star player of copa america, they will always do anything to make him happy, and him winning the prize simply despite missing a penalty and not winning the competition goes a long way to validate my point.."

So, Ronaldo isnt a star player in Euro abi.... he's a Lingard there??...
Why didn't they console him by giving him player of the tournament wen Portugal won Euro??....u think u can just come and reap wer u didn't sow...

Player of the tournament awards are giving to the stand out players of the tournament, not just top scorers.....if not Kane wud av won the 2018 WC golden ball
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2020
chrissy3:
I'm a man utd fan and I've been saying messi is better for ages. Football is a game of rivalry but It doesn't mean you should not say the truth when you see it. If I keep supply away from ronaldo, he becomes ordinary but if I keep supply away from messi, he would go get the ball, break through defense and either score or assist. This is the biggest threat messi has that ronaldo doesn't have and that's why messi just edges him out . We have to give ronaldo total respect and it's ok for people to have their preferences . But for me , the ability to single handedly destroy defenses without any help from team mates makes messi edge ronaldo out slightly. It's really close btw them

You said it better than I would boss. Did you see the Juve game yesterday?
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

If Messi can single handedly destroy defences and win games without his team mate, tell me why he hasn't been able to do the same with Argentina and win a single trophy... tell me why he did not destroy l'pool defence last season and juve defence the season before that..

Messi needs xavi, iniesta, and neymar to perform.. and that explains the reason why he doesn't have an international trophy and also the reason why he hasn't been able to win the UCL since those guys left

Oga, ur post just reeks of Jealousy...how can u claim that Messi needs Xavi, Iniesta and Neymar to perform....First offs, a single player can't play a football match.... every player needs a team mate...

What makes a great player is d ability to stand out in the midst of good players....
I can't blame Messi if he hasn't won a UCL since they left...winning the trophy requires a balanced team...Everyone knew Barcelona was seriously lacking and not playing well last year but still, Messi's master class took them to the semifinals and he won the balon d'Or.... That's wat makes a great player.. ....And if u tell me that Ronaldo won the UCLs for Madrid singlehandedly, then u're a joker....

My point is Messi has proven that he is a great player with or without Messi and Iniesta.... He's won 2 golden boots without them and a balon d'Or without them....can u say the same for Ronaldo since he left Madrid??
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
obonujoker:
No time to answer any Pessi fan here grin

All we know is that Ronaldo would win the ballondor this year

Bro, tbh, if its between Messi and Ronaldo. Messi would take it. Messi is a creator and a scorer.

I'm talking on personal level, not team achievement now.
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2020
LukasPodolski:
This Ronaldo's embarrassing Performance yesterday, He was the worst player on the pitch.

Mr new Challenger looking for a new challenge in a farmers league where a single team has won the last 8 titles(9th is underway)

Dybala was the brain box behind Juventus.

Man as scored 12 penalties this season, lots of tappins and just one free kick.

Nahh bro, you have beef with Ronaldo.
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
Techiekingee:

Mr Pundit,
Explain to me how Modric won the golden ball over Griezmann who had more goals in the knockouts of 2018 world cup ??.....u think ts always about goals abi....Ronaldo fans ehn...I weak.....or will u tell me now that Modric didnt deserve to b the player of the tournament...... it's ur type that say that they robbed Ronaldo of the balon d'Or by giving it to Modric....

"copa 2015? that was a mere consolation prize.. Messi is the star player of copa america, they will always do anything to make him happy, and him winning the prize simply despite missing a penalty and not winning the competition goes a long way to validate my point.."

So, Ronaldo isnt a star player in Euro abi.... he's a Lingard there??...
Why didn't they console him by giving him player of the tournament wen Portugal won Euro??....u think u can just come and reap wer u didn't sow...

Player of the tournament awards are giving to the stand out players of the tournament, not just top scorers.....if not Kane wud av won the 2018 WC golden ball

Modric's performance was consistent throughout the 2018 WC unlike messi, bros sentiments aside, Messi was a passenger during the knockout stages of the 2014 WC... everyone knew messi did not deserve that award, even maradona criticized the decision afterwards.. that award was a mere consolation, same as in 2015..

Ronaldo won the euros, so there was no reason to give him a consolation prize
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
Bomboiy:

LMAO bro are you kidding me? you seriously want to discredit him after winning four golden boots,not one not two but four.

Ok when will Ronaldo get his own consolation prize? the fact that he has never won any individual honor with Portugal shows that he has not done anything spectacular with Portugal,he is just a carry-along player.

Carry along player that has more goals and assists for his country than all the members of the current portugese teams combined...
Bros, calm down..
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2020
Techiekingee:

Oga, ur post just reeks of Jealousy...how can u claim that Messi needs Xavi, Iniesta and Neymar to perform....First offs, a single player can't play a football match.... every player needs a team mate...

What makes a great player is d ability to stand out in the midst of good players....
I can't blame Messi if he hasn't won a UCL since they left...winning the trophy requires a balanced team...Everyone knew Barcelona was seriously lacking and not playing well last year but still, Messi's master class took them to the semifinals and he won the balon d'Or.... That's wat makes a great player.. ....And if u tell me that Ronaldo won the UCLs for Madrid singlehandedly, then u're a joker....

My point is Messi has proven that he is a great player with or without Messi and Iniesta.... He's won 2 golden boots without them and a balon d'Or without them....can u say the same for Ronaldo since he left Madrid??

Pls, learn to observe before jumping into my mention

the initial poster said messi can destroy teams and win matches without the help of his team mates, so I wanna know why he hasnt been doing that to win the UCL in recent seasons

there's no way madrid would have won those 4 UCL if not because of cr7 would singlehandedly destroyed the likes of bayern, juve, wolfsburg, athletico, psg during the knockout stages..
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by sotall(m): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

Ronaldo/ Messi comparison

Ronaldo= Most goals
Second most assists

Messi= second most goals
most assists

Goals win games so Ronaldo wins.

It's not a coincidence that he won real Madrid 4 champions League titles.

smiley

Ronaldo has played more games than Messi naa.

Which kind comparison be this?

Imagine having played hundreds of games than Messi
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
LukasPodolski:
This Ronaldo's embarrassing Performance yesterday, He was the worst player on the pitch.

Mr new Challenger looking for a new challenge in a farmers league where a single team has won the last 8 titles(9th is underway)

Dybala was the brain box behind Juventus.

Man as scored 12 penalties this season, lots of tappins and just one free kick.
This is quite embarrassing for Ronaldo if it's really true .. Should we now leave Messi's heat map alone and be using Rigui Puig's to compare with Ronaldo's own
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 2:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

If Messi can single handedly destroy defences and win games without his team mate, tell me why he hasn't been able to do the same with Argentina and win a single trophy... tell me why he did not destroy l'pool defence last season and juve defence the season before that..

Messi needs xavi, iniesta, and neymar to perform.. and that explains the reason why he doesn't have an international trophy and also the reason why he hasn't been able to win the UCL since those guys left
Guy I hope u don't argue football outside or else you will just be beaten to death with the way you argue.. He needs Neymar n Xavi and Iniesta to shine my foot.. It's after they all left he won the 6th ballon d'or under Unserious Valverde for that matter and laureus award the 1st time it would come to football world . You should be telling that to your pepper soup goat that grabbed Dubai d'or since there's no Marcelo and co to baby feed him
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Messi will overtake ronaldo in the UCL?? very funny..
It will interest you to know that cr7 was once TRAILING messi in the goal scoring charts and if not because cr7 has not been scoring much lately, the difference would be about 40goals by now

See bros, you can compare cr7 and messi in other aspect, but when it comes to UCL and international scene, forget am
Tell us what exactly to forget about that.. He has at least 4-5 individual international awards something your Ronaldo can't write anything about.. He's the highest goal scorer for Argentina and the highest assist provider.. So tell me what we should forget o
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Oga, show me international trophy, stop telling me player of the tournament..

Infact for Messi to have won a single POTT goes a long way to show the favoritism he enjoys from sport organisers.. I mean tell me how Messi who did not score a single goal in the K/o stages of 2014 wc won the best player over muller who won the WC and had more goals than messi
How many goals did Modric and Canavaro have when they won ballon d'or
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

the initial poster said messi can destroy teams and win matches without the help of his team mates, so I wanna know why he hasnt been doing that to win the UCL in recent seasons

there's no way madrid would have won those 4 UCL if not because of cr7 would singlehandedly destroyed the likes of bayern, juve, wolfsburg, athletico, psg during the knockout stages..
Y didn't he single-handedly destroy Napoli in final n the 2 he's lost b4.. Abeg go sit down on top pit
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Bomboiy: 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Carry along player that has more goals and assists for his country than all the members of the current portugese teams combined...
Bros, calm down..

The international flop has won more individual honors for national team sides than any other active player.
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
tfash96:
Y didn't he single-handedly destroy Napoli in final n the 2 he's lost b4.. Abeg go sit down on top pit

Take a chill pill bro and rest..

just because ronaldo can destroy teams does not mean he is immune to losing matches.. mind you even Messi was unable to inspire his team to victory against the same Napoli side earlier this season
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 3:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
tfash96:
How many goals did Modric and Canavaro have when they won ballon d'or

Modric's performance was consistent throughout the 2018 WC unlike messi who was a passenger during the knockout stages of the 2014 WC

Cannavaro won the balon d'or that year because he won the WC and his club performance that year was impeccable, plus zidane's headbutt that year counted against him

Besides cannavaro is a defender while modric is a midfielder, and you cant judge these players based on goals scored unless messi who is a forward
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Take a chill pill bro and rest..

just because ronaldo can destroy teams does not mean he is immune to losing matches.. mind you even Messi was unable to inspire his team to victory against the same Napoli side earlier this season
I am not disagreeing the fact that Barcelona drew against Napoli. No matter how good Messi can be he can never play it all.. He can never be striking n be keeping at the same time.. Players need each other individually to achieve great goal/aim......If Ronaldo does do everything on his own.. Y couldn't he give his side 3 points against common Sassuolo
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Oga, Google the meaning of single-handedly first before we continue the argument
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2020
tfash96:
Tell us what exactly to forget about that.. He has at least 4-5 individual international awards something your Ronaldo can't write anything about.. He's the highest goal scorer for Argentina and the highest assist provider.. So tell me what we should forget o

Ronaldo is also the highest goal scorer for his country as well as the player with the most assist..

Ronaldo has two international trophies while messi has none despite playing with better players and in a less difficult competition

Messi's individual awards (best player at copa 15 and WC 14) are mere consolation prizes... The kind of favoritism messi enjoys from sport organisers is unparalleled
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Modric's performance was consistent throughout the 2018 WC unlike messi who was a passenger during the knockout stages of the 2014 WC

Cannavaro won the balon d'or that year because he won the WC and his club performance that year was impeccable, plus zidane's headbutt that year counted against him

Besides cannavaro is a defender while modric is a midfielder, and you cant judge these players based on goals scored unless messi who is a forward
Messi is a forward indeed but go and be checking his heat map in every match before you'll know how he operates. If Messi leaves the whole midfield work to Busquet and Co after Xavi and Iniesta departure. Do you think any creative performance will come out of it or from it? Saying Messi is just a passenger in that wc is funny.... Pls imagine something rn :Remove Messi in that squad and tell me if Argentina would reach where they reached.. If not for him we Nigerians would've wired their asses in Group stage or the best thing for them is to see draw
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
tfash96:
Guy I hope u don't argue football outside or else you will just be beaten to death with the way you argue.. He needs Neymar n Xavi and Iniesta to shine my foot.. It's after they all left he won the 6th ballon d'or under Unserious Valverde for that matter and laureus award the 1st time it would come to football world . You should be telling that to your pepper soup goat that grabbed Dubai d'or since there's no Marcelo and co to baby feed him

Tell him to win the UCL again na, let me see if he can without neymar.. why do you he's pressuring the barca board into resigning neymar

I can remember Neymar's last season at barca, Neymar was the star player dat night when they won PSG 6-1 but yet all the praises went to Messi, which was one of the reasons why neymar left because it was clear that he was always gonna be second best to messi at barca
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Ronaldo is also the highest goal scorer for his country as well as the player with the most assist..

Ronaldo has two international trophies while messi has none despite playing with better players and in a less difficult competition

Messi's individual awards (best player at copa 15 and WC 14) are mere consolation prizes... The kind of favoritism messi enjoys from sport organisers is unparalleled
Heen it's now balance..He has international trophy but Messi doesn't have.. Messi has international individual awards but none for him... And pls who lied to u that Copa America is less competitive... Do I need to tell you how Chile disciplined Ur GOAT's team in last confederation and how he's qualified by Uruguay as well in 2018.. He faced what Messi's been facing
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
Bomboiy:

The international flop has won more individual honors for national team sides than any other active player.

Tell him to win a trophy with argentina first, then I will be willing to listen to you
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Tell him to win the UCL again na, let me see if he can without neymar.. why do you he's pressuring the barca board into resigning neymar

I can remember Neymar's last season at barca, Neymar was the star player dat night when they won PSG 6-1 but yet all the praises went to Messi, which was one of the reasons why neymar left because it was clear that he was always gonna be second best to messi at barca
Like I said seriousness is important in the team.. Look at how Messy Suarez and Coutinho was last season @ Anfield.. Even if he's not saying Neymar he needs good player beside Him.. Age is no longer by his side anymore.... And u saying Neymar.. Pls where's Neymar without Messi in world rn.. Tell me if he's still relevant like before

1 Like

Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by chrissy3(m): 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
sotall:

Ronaldo has played more games than Messi naa.

Which kind comparison be this?

Imagine having played hundreds of games than Messi
bro the simple question to ask him that would end argument is who has more ballon dor ? That person is better simple !
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2020
tfash96:
Heen it's now balance..He has international trophy but Messi doesn't have.. Messi has international individual awards but none for him... And pls who lied to u that Copa America is less competitive... Do I need to tell you how Chile disciplined Ur GOAT's team in last confederation and how he's qualified by Uruguay as well in 2018.. He faced what Messi's been facing

List TEN good teams in copa america, then I will take you serious..

Even if messi likes, let him win 100 individual trophy, as long as he does not win a single trophy, he will still remain a flop.. abi you think that messi who said he would exchange all his ballon d'or for a trophy with argentina is a fool abi
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Bomboiy: 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Tell him to win a trophy with argentina first, then I will be willing to listen to you

Tell Ronaldo to win an individual honor with Portugal before I will listen to you.
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
tfash96:
Messi is a forward indeed but go and be checking his heat map in every match before you'll know how he operates. If Messi leaves the whole midfield work to Busquet and Co after Xavi and Iniesta departure. Do you think any creative performance will come out of it or from it? Saying Messi is just a passenger in that wc is funny.... Pls imagine something rn :Remove Messi in that squad and tell me if Argentina would reach where they reached.. If not for him we Nigerians would've wired their asses in Group stage or the best thing for them is to see draw

I don't think you watched Argentina during the k/o stages of the 2014WC.. he wasn't creating much chances and he wasn't even scoring.. their star player during those times was di maria which was one of the reasons why the final was difficult for them because di maria was injured

why do you think maradona criticized the decision to give messi the golden ball
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
tfash96:
I am not disagreeing the fact that Barcelona drew against Napoli. No matter how good Messi can be he can never play it all.. He can never be striking n be keeping at the same time.. Players need each other individually to achieve great goal/aim......If Ronaldo does do everything on his own.. Y couldn't he give his side 3 points against common Sassuolo

I never said ronaldo could do everything himself, but rather it was one of you Pessi fanboys who said Pessi can destroy teams apart without help from his teammates...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

King Kanu! / Introducing Golden Eaglest's 16 Yr Old "little Messi" / Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Fight Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.