Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,791 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me (1170 Views)

Osun Election: Why APC Must Demand Rhodes resignation As The Panel Chairman / Atiku: Buhari Unaware Of Allegations Against CJN Because Cabals Running His Govt / Lagos APC; Sanwo-olu Reacts After Ambode's Allegations Against Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by AdeniyiA(m): 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2020
Ibrahim Magu, suspended chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), says he has not appeared before the Presidential Committee on Audit of Recovered Assets (PCARA) for days.

He said he last appeared before the panel about a week ago.

Wahab Shittu, counsel to Magu, disclosed the concern of his client in a letter written and submitted to the panel on Wednesday.

Magu was arrested on July 6 over allegations of failure to properly account for loot recovered under his watch between May 2015 and May 2020.

He was later moved to Area 10, force criminal investigation department (FCID) in Abuja, where he has spent the night since his arrest.

According to Shittu, his client has not been brought before the panel between Thursday and Tuesday, and has instead arrived at the venue on the listed days only to wait from 9am to 9pm before being taken back into custody.

He said the clarification became necessary after it was reported that Magu was grilled by the panel on Monday.

“The allegation that our client was grilled by the Panel on Monday, 13th July, 2020, as reported above is complete falsehood,” the letter read.

“The correct position was that our client and his Counsel (Mr. Wahab Shittu) arrived the venue of the ongoing Investigations on Monday 13th July, 2020 by 9am. Our client and his Counsel were kept at the waiting room of the venue of the sittings unattended to from 9am to 9pm when our client was taken back to custody.

“This followed the same pattern on Thursday and Friday last week when our client waited for 12 hours without being called upon by the Panel to partake in the proceedings. Witnesses called by the Panel were interrogated by the Panel without the participation of our client or his Counsel in the proceedings. This was also the pattern on Tuesday, 14th July, 2020. Our client chose to wait patiently on the panel.”

Shittu said the suspended EFCC boss was yet to officially receive a copy of the allegations against him, and requested the panel to ask the inspector-general of police to release him from custody to enable him to prepare properly for his defence.

Magu also requested to be released so that he could attend to his health.

“Our client is spending the 9th day in custody without being given copy of the allegations against him to enable him formally respond to same. Our client is ready to formally respond to allegations and furnish documentary evidence in support if served with the copy of the allegations,” he said.

“Our client respectfully demands the following: A copy of the report of the Presidential Audit Committee; a copy of the memo of HAGF to the President on our client; individual Petitions submitted to the Panel against our client.

“Our client observes that rather being afforded copies of the allegations against him, some of these allegations are flying round on social media platforms with prejudicial consequences.

“Our client requests that these allegations be formally served on him to enable him respond to same immediately.

“Our client observes that the Panel has issued official statement to the effect that it did not authorise the detention of our client. We request the Panel to recommend to the Inspector General of Police in whose custody our client is to release him from custody to enable him adequately prepare his defence and attend to his failing health. We plead with the authorities to release our client from custody.”

The lawyer also denied all allegations against Magu, including the said attempt to “spirit” him away from custody, adding that the charges are “trumped-up allegations designed to tarnish his image and rubbish the credibility and image of EFCC which has been stellar and outstanding under our client’s watch”.

https://www.thecable.ng/magu-ive-not-faced-the-panel-for-days-or-seen-copy-of-allegations-against-me/amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by SLAP44: 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2020
grin
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by TheFreeOne: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2020
“Our client observes that rather being afforded copies of the allegations against him, some of these allegations are flying round on social media platforms with prejudicial consequences.

Shebi he did same to others.

Let him enjoy a taste of his own medicine.

4 Likes

Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by AdeniyiA(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
TheFreeOne:

Shebi he did same to others.

Let him enjoy a taste of his own medicine.
He loved newspaper allegations and persecutions, now he's served the dish hot and sizzling

1 Like

Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by Bewiseedet(m): 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2020
Haahaahaa. Media trials you know karma is a bitch. Dubia house

1 Like

Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by jlinkd78(m): 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2020
Noted
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by TheFreeOne: 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
AdeniyiA:

He loved newspaper allegations and persecutions, now he's served the dish hot and sizzling

I hope the government isn't trying to distract Nigerians with the usual gra gra and later bungle the investigation cos nothing surprises with this administration.
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by AdeniyiA(m): 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2020
TheFreeOne:

I hope the government isn't trying to distract Nigerians with the usual gra gra and later bungle the investigation cos nothing surprises with this administration.

Do you expect anything to come out of the investigation? These people are cultists undecided
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by TheFreeOne: 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
AdeniyiA:

Do you expect anything to come out of the investigation? These people are cultists undecided

If nothing comes out of it then it'll be better we forget about corruption fight in Nigeria.
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by sapientia(m): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2020
R
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by inoki247: 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2020
you sha don see the copy for media like u use to du...
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by bolaayenimo: 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2020
Magu should shut the crap
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
His passports should be confiscated,just in case.
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by Racoon(m): 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2020
Good! Ibrahim Magu should also enjoy the media propaganda trial he subjected others to.Whatsoever goes around comes around.
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by tinsel: 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2020
TheFreeOne:

If nothing comes out of it then it'll be better we forget about corruption fight in Nigeria.
What if he is actually clean? Or do you believe most of the stories flying around?
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by TheFreeOne: 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
tinsel:

What if he is actually clean? Or do you believe most of the stories flying around?

Guilty until proven innocent is the way EFCC mostly operates under Magu's media trials.

So let him prove his innocence.
Re: Magu: I’ve Not Faced The Panel For Days Or Seen Copy Of Allegations Against Me by sapientia(m): 10:04am On Jul 16, 2020
Come and read it on Nairaland

Or call Sowore to give you Sahara Reporters Copy

(1) (Reply)

Oshomole Celebrated In Edo Without Campaigning / Edo Election Video: I Will Defeat Oshomole In His Ward. Shaibu Boasts / Meet The Woman Who Was Against Nigeria's Independence In The 50's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.