Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

My Soybean Farming Dairy - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Soybean Farming Dairy (3859 Views)

My Cucumber Farming Dairy (pilot Phase) / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by adescopy(m): 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2020
willybaby:
If the rains let up tomorrow, raking of grasses and making of ridges starts simultaneously.. keep viewing,keep dropping ur advices, criticism etc all needed
This is the first time I am witnessing a tree killed like this. You sure this will work? will it kill it down to the root or only the leaves?
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
adescopy:
This is the first time I am witnessing a tree killed like this. You sure this will work? will it kill it down to the root or only the leaves?
first time am doing such also bro, that's how I was showed, but from pictures of killed trees nearby it works the dry dries up and leafs die
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
Sun sun sun so we were able to achieve a lot today part of our farm has been raked and dead grasses burnt

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by adescopy(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
willybaby:
Sun sun sun so we were able to achieve a lot today part of our farm has been raked and dead grasses burnt
Good speed bro

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by Krak(m): 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
Following

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by Adasun(m): 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
Wow,9ice one op. I like soya beans very well.i am in benue too.

Maybe i should plant a little 2
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by Ameboperoo(m): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2020
Let me come and learn too. I know little about soybeans!
Great job op.
For better results in the killing of trees, u can use a chemical called tree killer.
2,4d or 2,4,5t. Works very fast.
That force up is a brand of glyphosate. It kills weeds to the root but it's like some trees and shrubs are already resistant to glyphosate

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
A quiet thread so sorry about that
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Good evening house, things haven't been easy actually, I guess when much of your plans depends on others tinz normally don't go right..
But it's all good now
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
Work work work

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
Labour was an issue but now there's abundant labour..
Raking, cutting of small trees, making of ridges and planting all going on simultaneously

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
We planting 2 different improved seeds the land was divided into 2, the best goes into the ground next year..

Sorry pictures of the second not available but the variety name is climax 19.. was improved by a prestigious Nigerian University

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2020
Filling up our biological tank after a productive day and we were blessed with rain, our seeds would be smiling inside the earth right now but we above are Cold..

Mama farm road food is definitely sweeter than yea a place came to mind right lol...

Fresh Akpu fresh veggies

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
More work tommorow, more updates to come stay posted
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by Ometech: 7:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
keep going dear, why not give us everything?

like:
1.planting space( inter and intra)
2.planting depth.
3.How to break dormancy that's if there is any.
4. The two varieties, what differentiate them ( color, nutritive value, size or what)
5. since you HV two cultivars, why not research on them using RCBD experimental design? at least to know the yield potential.
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 5:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
Ometech:
keep going dear, why not give us everything?

like:
1.planting space( inter and intra)
2.planting depth.
3.How to break dormancy that's if there is any.
4. The two varieties, what differentiate them ( color, nutritive value, size or what)
5. since you HV two cultivars, why not research on them using RCBD experimental design? at least to know the yield potential.
woooo all this are valid and important questions,
Actually some answer to the questions can be found online, eg I dropped the name of the seeds all about them can be found online, some questions too I can't answer because the farm ain't mechanized for example the women planting make a dent with there feet, put seeds and cover with the feet
So sorry please
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by ublight: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2020
ok
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 2:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
Just a day in the ground and our soybean is already germinating

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
More cutting of trees was carried out today..

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by ublight: 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2020
following
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by kyinusa: 1:04am On Aug 03, 2020
Interesting bro
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by Ometech: 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2020
willybaby:
woooo all this are valid and important questions,
Actually some answer to the questions can be found online, eg I dropped the name of the seeds all about them can be found online, some questions too I can't answer because the farm ain't mechanized for example the women planting make a dent with there feet, put seeds and cover with the feet
So sorry please
LOL, OK.
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by halimzytohfresh(m): 6:19pm On Aug 05, 2020
you are doing well...
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
halimzytohfresh:
you are doing well...
thanks boss..
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
Would be posting pictures of our germinating seeds tomorrow.. is it usual for soybean to germinate just a day after PLANTING
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by Ometech: 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
willybaby:
Would be posting pictures of our germinating seeds tomorrow.. is it usual for soybean to germinate just a day after PLANTING
Yes, farmers pray for speedy germination and performance.

Researchers are also working tirelessly to break dormancy of some seeds,so if you observed that the planted seeds sprouted within 24hours, you should be happy.

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2020
Ometech:
Yes, farmers pray for speedy germination and performance.

Researchers are also working tirelessly to break dormancy of some seeds,so if you observed that the planted seeds sprouted within 24hours, you should be happy.

your so right Sir

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 11:41am On Aug 16, 2020
In life we keep pushing.... Below are pictures of our crop growing beautifully

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 11:44am On Aug 16, 2020
We pray the rain starts soonest so farming activities can resume eg lik replanting of dormant seeds etc
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by okorookwus(m): 11:04am On Feb 27, 2021
Sir Willy what happened to this beautiful thread?
willybaby:
We pray the rain starts soonest so farming activities can resume eg lik replanting of dormant seeds etc

Sir Willy what happened to this beautiful thread?��
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2021
okorookwus:

Sir Willy what happened to this beautiful thread?

Sir Willy what happened to this beautiful thread?��
thanks for your inquiry actually I stopped this thread so I don't scare people from agriculture because it was terrible.. The rain seizure, human error, unfaithful labourers etc.. Thanks to you I think I will finish the thread instead of getting scared, the wise would learn from my mistakes and not the terrible poor harvest.. stay tuned

4 Likes

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by skeletine(m): 2:39pm On Feb 27, 2021
willybaby:
thanks for your inquiry actually I stopped this thread so I don't scare people from agriculture because it was terrible.. The rain seizure, human error, unfaithful labourers etc.. Thanks to you I think I will finish the thread instead of getting scared, the wise would learn from my mistakes and not the terrible poor harvest.. stay tuned
Please share your experience. It surely will be beneficial to many of us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Charcoal For Export / Clean Polished Local Rice For Sale / Finally Started My Poultry Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.