Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? (2717 Views)

Why I Regret Buying My Transsion Device / Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Which Xiaomi Phone Is Higher Than Redmi Note8 Pro? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Mustiboy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2020
For clarity purpose, Xiaomi produces smartphones for different levels and purposes.

Given this, their smartphones are segregated into three levels, which are the entry level, mid range, and flagship level.

Entry-level devices from Xiaomi usually come with names such as Redmi 9, Redmi 8, Redmi 7, Redmi 6, etc.

Following the aforementioned segment are the mid-range smartphones from Xiaomi, which are usually named Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 7 (which I use), and below.

Flagship smartphones from Xiaomi usually dump the Redmi name and are instead named Mi; e.g, Mi Note 10, Mi 9, Mi 10 Pro, etc.

Having understood the above, it is imperative that you know each level has its price range. Xiaomi's entry-level devices are usually priced between 35k—50k, while their mid-range smartphones are priced between 60k—85k. Their flagships, on the other hand, can be priced from 100k and as high as 300K.

Now, the point is that the Redmi 9 is an entry-level device which would have cost between 40k to 55k— if not for the toll the ongoing pandemic took on countries' economies worldwide; be that as it may, you can still get it within that price on AliExpress.

Now that you understand what level the Redmi 9 belongs, can anyone please tell me which Transsion device beats this entry-level phone from Xiaomi? I don’t want answers like “in terms of big display or big battery.” I want answers that are explanatory and straight-to-the-point. Tell me how exactly the Transsion device that you pitch against the Redmi 9 beats it.
I’ll love to see a Transsion device win.

Below are the Redmi 9’s key specs:
1080P*2140 FHD Display
MIUI 11 on Android 10 (Upgradeable to MIUI 12 on Android 11)
Helio G80 Processor
USB Type-C (18 Watts Charging)
3gb/32gb or 4gb/64gb Ram and Storage.
Corning Gorilla Glass 5
An IR Blaster at the top for controlling home appliances

The purpose of this thread is to make people understand that Transsion calling some of their smartphones flagship doesn’t mean they are actually flagship; entry-level devices from other brands which cost way lesser than the supposed Transsion flagships can give equal value— if not more.

Update:
Since yesterday, nobody could come up with a Transsion device that sweeps the floor with the Redmi 9. Does that mean Redmi 9, an ordinary entry-level device from Xiaomi, is better than all devices from Transsion?

I'm shocked. A 50K phone beating even Transsion's smartphones that cost above 100K.

Doesn't this prove how useless Transsion is? As well as how blinded the buyers of their products are?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Conductor261: 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2020
Nokia devices are far better than Xiaomi products. Especially when you need replacement parts!!

Stop the low imagination comparison

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Mustiboy(m): 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2020
Conductor261:
Nokia devices are far better than Xiaomi products. Especially when you need replacement parts!!

Nokia is far better than Xiaomi? Okay, that's a good start.

Can you please tell us how exactly Nokia is better? Is it design, build quality, camera, used processor, name it? Just be elaborate.

If I recall, Nokia's entry-level devices in Nigeria are the Nokia 4.2s and its likes; none of them is better than even the Redmi 8a.

9 Likes

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Conductor261: 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2020
Mustiboy:

Can you please tell us how exactly Nokia is better? Is it design, build quality, camera, used processor, name it? Just be elaborate.

If I recall, Nokia's entry-level devices in Nigeria are the Nokia 4.2s and its likes; none of them is better than even the Redmi 8a.

I don't have your time. Nokia battery is readily available all over Nigeria. Boy ol boy... That's all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Mustiboy(m): 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2020
Conductor261:

I don't have your time. Nokia battery is readily available all over Nigeria. Boy ol boy... That's all.

Oh. Is that why you think Nokia is better? Very well then. I'll leave you to your ignorant mates.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Conductor261: 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2020
Mustiboy:

Oh. Is that why you think Nokia is better? Very well then. I'll leave you to your ignorant mates.

sharaap xiaomi doesn't send you ..... Nokia cares
Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Mustiboy(m): 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2020
Conductor261:

sharaap xiaomi doesn't send you ..... Nokia cares

Oh. You're even the conductor guy who was causing nuisance here last week. I'm sorry; no vex.

Moreover, this thread is targeted at Transsion, so leave Nokia out of it.

20 Likes

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Conductor261: 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2020
Mustiboy:

Oh. You're even the conductor guy who was causing nuisance here last week. I'm sorry; no vex.
you must be on your period
Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Flytime: 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
Mustiboy:

If I recall, Nokia's entry-level devices in Nigeria are the Nokia 4.2s and its likes; none of them is better than even the Redmi 8a
bros na were you mess up be this
The Nokia 4.2 is better than the 8a camera wise
Equal to the 8a processor wise
It has a fingerprint sensor
It guarantees you two years of major software updates
It has a notification led on the power button
Coming to design the Nokia 4.2 won a design award last year.
The only advantage of the 8a over the 4.2 is the usb type c, gorilla glass and battery
Also the only advantage of the 8 over the 4.2 is battery, gorilla glass and usb type c, they are equal with camera output.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by chariisGRACE(m): 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2020
Conductor261:

Una see as people dey take fail exam.

Ojuelegba Conductor261, abeg is Nokia part of Transsion Holdings?

31 Likes

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Conductor261: 8:45pm On Jul 15, 2020
Flytime:
bros ma were you mess up
The only advantage of the 8a over the 4.2 is the usb type c and battery
Also the only advantage of the 8 over the 4.2 is battery and usb type c, they are equal with camera output.

The xiaomi has no advantage over the Nokia .... you find Nokia replacement parts easily and customer support of Nokia is top notch ...plus Nokia has a real office in Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Mustiboy(m): 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2020
Flytime:
bros ma were you mess up
The only advantage of the 8a over the 4.2 is the usb type c and battery
Also the only advantage of the 8 over the 4.2 is battery and usb type c, they are equal with camera output.

Before you say anything further, what is the price of the Nokia 4.2 again, especially the 3gb/32gb version?

As far as I'm concerned, the Redmi 8a beats it with a type-C USB port, better build quality, Gorilla Glass 5, and a lot better battery, not to talk of the feature-packed MIUI 11.

All these even at a lot cheaper price.

Between, the Nokia 4.2 has very huge, ugly bezels.
Even the Redmi 7a is better at bezels management, more so with an 18:9 aspect ratio screen.

4 Likes

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Flytime: 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
Mustiboy:

Before you say anything further, what is the price of the Nokia 4.2 again, especially the 3gb/32gb version?

As far as I'm concerned, the Redmi 8a beats it with a type-C USB port, IR blaster, better build quality, Gorilla Glass 5, and a lot better battery, not to talk of the feature-packed MIUI 12.

(Jumia)

1 Like

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Flytime: 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2020
Mustiboy:

As far as I'm concerned, the Redmi 8a beats it with a type-C USB port, IR blaster, better build quality , Gorilla Glass 5, and a lot better battery, not to talk of the feature-packed MIUI 12.

I didn't dispute that but don't forget the 4.2 has a glass back and won a design award.

1 Like

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Mustiboy(m): 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2020
Flytime:

I didn't dispute that but don't forget the 4.2 has a glass back and won a design award.

What organization gave the award? I'll love to look it up.

Who gives a design award to a thing that ugly?
Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Kessnorman: 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2020
Go and watch review
Firstly redmi 9 no gyroscope sensor meaning no ar or vr compatibility.
400nits brightness is low for 1080p screen
Wifi connectivity is slow.
Do your research no phonw is perfect they all have flaws

1 Like

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Norman4real(m): 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
Redmi 9 is not an entry level device. Its lower mid range. So the premise of this argument is deceptive. The price range you're giving for it is also false. That phone is around 70k
Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Mustiboy(m): 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2020
Kessnorman:
Go and watch review
Firstly redmi 9 no gyroscope sensor meaning no ar or vr compatibility.
400nits brightness is low for 1080p screen
Wifi connectivity is slow.
Do your research no phonw is perfect they all have flaws

What has resolution got to do with screen brightness?

And did you use the phone to conclude that the Wifi is slow?
Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Mustiboy(m): 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
Norman4real:
Redmi 9 is not an entry level device. Its lower mid range. So the premise of this argument is deceptive. The price range you're giving for it is also false. That phone is around 70k

Oga, redmi 9 is an entry-level device. Perhaps, you're too used to mediocrity so much that the Helio G80 on it made you think it's mid-range.

If not for the pandemic, the Redmi 9 would have been below 45k.

Below is the price on AliExpress.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by nani667: 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
No-Lifers are at it again....
Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Kessnorman: 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
Mustiboy:

What has resolution got to do with screen brightness?

And did you use the phone to conclude that the Wifi is slow?
I have not use the phone yes but youtubers confirmed that wifi connectivity is slow even a youtuber posted his game review of redmi and the phone lagged
Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Fatbabyfart(m): 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
Norman4real:

You think say you wise.

Hahahahahahahah

I hereby disinfect you from any transsion korokoro and scratch scratch.... "Ptssssss ptssssss ptssssss".

3 Likes

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Collinz2(m): 10:48pm On Jul 15, 2020
I always thought Transsion marketers/fanboys are annoying untill I came across Xiaomi fanboys, they are one of the most stupid and most annoying people I have seen in my life.

7 Likes

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Playermayweda(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2020
That stuff about Nokia isn't completely true ,me and my guys went around ajah looking for Nokia,Only at slot and we were looking for the 5.1, Bro if it's hard to find the phone it will ne hard to find the parts, The most likely place u can get spare parts for Nokia is at computer village, Same as the redmi

1 Like

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Flytime: 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2020
Mustiboy:

What organization gave the award? I'll love to look it up.

Who gives a design award to a thing that ugly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Mustiboy(m): 12:18am On Jul 16, 2020
Playermayweda:
That stuff about Nokia isn't completely true ,me and my guys went around ajah looking for Nokia,Only at slot and we were looking for the 5.1, Bro if it's hard to find the phone it will ne hard to find the parts, The most likely place u can get spare parts for Nokia is at computer village, Same as the redmi

I wasn't actually bad-mouthing Nokia. I was refuting the guy's claim that Nokia is far better than Xiaomi, which isn't true because Xiaomi ranks a lot higher globally.

2 Likes

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Mustiboy(m): 12:20am On Jul 16, 2020
[quote author=Flytime post=91757536][/quote]

Nothing global or critically acclaimed here here.

Just a small award organization by an unknown entity. It doesn't count.

1 Like

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by skywalker240(m): 12:43am On Jul 16, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Blazebond(m): 7:10am On Jul 16, 2020
Xiaomi Marketers have come again,all these noise nor dey tire Una,nobody buys a product that don't have readily available spare parts,so instead of all these comparisons and all,find a way to source for capital and establish a huge business of Xiaomi parts via partnership with Xiaomi.be bold,approach the company and pitch your idea with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by MrBONE2(m): 7:28am On Jul 16, 2020
chariisGRACE:

Una see as people dey take fail exam.

Ojuelegba Conductor261, abeg is Nokia part of Transsion Holdings?

grin

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by hilarioscity(m): 7:45am On Jul 16, 2020
Mustiboy:

As far as I'm concerned, the Redmi 8a beats it with a type-C USB port, IR blaster, better build quality, Gorilla Glass 5, and a lot better battery, not to talk of the feature-packed MIUI 11.

Between, the Nokia 4.2 has very huge, ugly bezels.
Even the Redmi 7a is better at bezels management, more so with an 18:9 aspect ratio screen.
What are you saying the redmi 8a is 46k 2g.ram no fingerprint, one camera and plastic back only has 5kmah battery with no ir blaster, only redmi 8 upward have it!!!
While Nokia 4.2 has 3k mah 3gb ram glass back, better software, regular update amd and a better camera than 8a for 45k

3 Likes

Re: Which Transsion Device(be It Tecno, Infinix, Or Itel) Is Better Than Redmi 9? by Mustiboy(m): 7:59am On Jul 16, 2020
hilarioscity:

What are you saying the redmi 8a is 46k 2g.ram no fingerprint, one camera and plastic back only has 5kmah battery with no ir blaster, only redmi 8 upward have it!!!
While Nokia 4.2 has 3k mah 3gb ram glass back, better software, regular update amd and a better camera than 8a for 45k

The Redmi 8a price was 34k. Forget the current hike in price; it is exorbitant and will return to normal soon.

Between, who uses a 5.7 inch-screen phone in 2020? More so one with such huge bezels and a weak battery?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Each Time I Check My VMobile Balance, I Have to Re-insert the Phone Battery / Cheapest 1GB RAM Phone / Competition: Mtn Plan Become Extremely Affordable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.